Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      6 (6.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (2.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      19 (19.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (6.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      62 (64.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 20, 2022 05:23:52 pm

Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16184 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Apr 17, 2022 12:52:45 am
      bollox. 78-79

Pos   Team   Pld   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts
      1   Liverpool (C)   42   30   8   4   85   16   +69   68   2 points a game then 16 goals conceded no team would wipe the floor with this team.
      it maybe the best squad but it is not a fact that it would wipe the floor at all as it cant be proven it is merely an opinion

Win the F***ing lot and there will be no arguments about which of our teams are the best. This lot are doing stuff we've been dreaming of for years
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #645: Apr 17, 2022 12:57:49 am
      Absolutely knackered after a boss day watching the mighty refs.

Love you F***ing all, yeah I'm in that happy mood.

Bring on the other set of mancs so we can wipe the floor with that lot.........again.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #646: Apr 17, 2022 01:11:04 am
      Peak Dalglish and Rush don't get past peak van Dijk and Matip/Konate. No chance. It's a different sport  Mane and Salah would waltz past Hansen and Lawrenson.  It is an uncomfortable truth i admit but football now is light years ahead of football 1990's.
      Not disputing  the ins and out I’m just saying skil is skill no matter what era its like saying Maradonna wouldn’t live with these players and he absolutely would
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #647: Apr 17, 2022 01:18:10 am
      I sit here in my home in Dublin and I type me little thoughts here, but Ive do much admiration for people like you who do the graft travel the miles and hours to support the lads, and I know others werent there today but put the hours in....fair play to you all...always represent our club with heart and class

I'm very lucky to hail from Liverpool mate so there's actually not too much graft involved, as I can get a 20 minute bus to Anfield from my flat. But there's many on this forum who aren't local but would still would run rings around me in terms of Liverpool knowledge.

Being a Dubliner yourself, your people didn't just help shape the culture of Liverpool FC, but Liverpool as a city. Scousers owe an unpayable debt to the Irish for helping give Liverpool it's coolness and setting it apart from your standard English towns.

We are all reds and love Liverpool FC, which is why we all use this forum. I've binned Twitter off recently because I couldn't be arsed listening to balloon heads giving their two pence about Liverpool. My football "social media" basically just consists of reading and replying to threads on here, and I like that because I know the people on here are proper Liverpool supporters.

Up the reds!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #648: Apr 17, 2022 02:34:27 am
      I'm very lucky to hail from Liverpool mate so there's actually not too much graft involved, as I can get a 20 minute bus to Anfield from my flat. But there's many on this forum who aren't local but would still would run rings around me in terms of Liverpool knowledge.

Being a Dubliner yourself, your people didn't just help shape the culture of Liverpool FC, but Liverpool as a city. Scousers owe an unpayable debt to the Irish for helping give Liverpool it's coolness and setting it apart from your standard English towns.

We are all reds and love Liverpool FC, which is why we all use this forum. I've binned Twitter off recently because I couldn't be arsed listening to balloon heads giving their two pence about Liverpool. My football "social media" basically just consists of reading and replying to threads on here, and I like that because I know the people on here are proper Liverpool supporters.

Up the reds!

Think that  sums it up perfectly , most of us are far and wide , but the love for lfc is palpable ❤️❤️
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #649: Apr 17, 2022 04:24:21 am
      That 3rd goal is as good as Ive seen in a while, and I mean the build up

Thiago exquisite

Wasn't it something. The calmness around the box to hook that pass to Sadio from Thiago..beautiful goal..
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #650: Apr 17, 2022 04:34:41 am

Thiago exquisite

Wasn't it something. The calmness around the box to hook that pass to Sadio from Thiago..beautiful goal..
      I sit here in my home in Dublin and I type me little thoughts here, but Ive do much admiration for people like you who do the graft travel the miles and hours to support the lads, and I know others werent there today but put the hours in....fair play to you all...always represent our club wit

Up the reds!

Up the reds!

Well fair play and well said. Irish Red myself from Tipperary. My local was hopping today..Great craic..

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #651: Apr 17, 2022 04:35:36 am
      Well fair play and well said. Irish Red myself from Tipperary. My local was hopping today..Great craic..

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #652: Apr 17, 2022 06:50:27 am
      What a performance from the lads, I was in way back from France so watched the first half on a phone in customs queues before losing signal at the 70 minute mark in the air. It was a horrible bloody wait to find out the final score! Watched the Game back full last night and it was thoroughly deserved. Mane was u playable, Thiago was imperious and what a fantastic keeper we have! FairPlay to Klopp with his team selection. Picking Diaz was inspired and it was brave to play Keita ahead of Hendo but it worked a treat.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #653: Apr 17, 2022 08:03:43 am
      before losing signal at the 70 minute mark in the air. It was a horrible bloody wait to find out the final score!

Haha. Have you got any nails left?! Bet it was a relief when you did find out.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #654: Apr 17, 2022 08:18:38 am
      What a difference a week makes we could have lost it last week first 45,dug in and managed a draw, yesterday saw  City minus a few they could have been rolled over early doors ,they hung in got 2 sloppy goals ,Liverpool play at such a high level when we dont hit the heights it sticks out like sore thumb we were, real good yesterday  we buzzed and bit them never stopping awesome athleticism, Konate is coming along nicely for such a young guy, he's got some spring in him, as for  Diaz he looks like he's been here longer than Kenny, we were magnificent yesterday , a power house, a steam roller, the big Red machine chewed them up yesterday,well done to Jürgen and the boys not forgetting the fans nobody does it better and thats a fact .
      YNWA 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #655: Apr 17, 2022 09:27:18 am
      That was an unbelievable display of skill, teamwork and tenacity.
      The first half was as dominant as I can remember us being over the opposition for some time. We haven’t been at our best for some time, but someone did say when it happens, there’s going to be a battering.
      This was it. It wasn’t 5 or 6, but it could have been before half time.
      So superior in every aspect of the game. Can’t fault a single player from the starting 11 although we got disrupted a bit when the subs went on.
      Not sure they needed to be made, looked to me like everyone was still doing just fine.
      Not sure if we can perform like that every game now, but if we can I can’t see anyone avoiding defeat against us.

We’ve still got some tough games ahead, but all those waiting to play us will be thinking      WTF……. Really ?

It’s been coming for a while now. Now it’s here, let’s try keep it. The gengen press is back 😂😂
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #656: Apr 17, 2022 09:35:54 am
      F**k me, what a performance. Big shout out to Tameimpaler, Huyton Red and all the other Reds who made the trip. We could hear you loud and proud 👊🏼
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #657: Apr 17, 2022 09:44:29 am
      See the Manc press are trying to claim the ball went out of play on Robbo’s corner for the 1st goal.
      Good job the game wasn’t on Sky, the screen would have looked like an abstract art picture with all the lines trying to prove it
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #658: Apr 17, 2022 09:58:16 am
      Of course the media will point out the biggest difference between the two matches across the week was City being 'under-strength' (even though their team cost more than ours yesterday) but the biggest difference was our midfield yesterday.

Last weekend Fabinho had probably his worst game in a Liverpool shirt and Hendo was missing. Yesterday, Fab was back to his best, Keita pressed like a monster and Thiago put in one of the best midfield performances by a Liverpool player since Gerrard. It allowed us to be able to play through City's press and also let us really squeeze them high up the pitch. Both things we couldn't do effectively last weekend.

I wasn't sure on Naby starting but how wrong was I. Hard to argue that yesterday's midfield three isn't our strongest on current form.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #659: Apr 17, 2022 10:16:44 am
      Haha. Have you got any nails left?! Bet it was a relief when you did find out.

Feckin horrible mate! My WhatsApp kicked in as plane descended so hit to read down the thread of my mates bricking it with messages like ‘sh*t’, ‘F**k’, ‘3-2’, ‘we never close a game out’ etc. it was a nasty couple if seconds followed my extreme relief!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #660: Apr 17, 2022 10:17:34 am
      @JimmyCully
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #661: Apr 17, 2022 10:32:27 am

Thiago exquisite

Can't stop watching it.

Was screaming at my missus to watch the reply during the game, while she was pottering about the house, needless to say she couldn't have cared less.😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #662: Apr 17, 2022 11:17:38 am
      The handful of citeh "supporters"  could only be heard once during the game, when the minutes silence was held they chanted obscenities which the club subsequently apologised for.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #663: Apr 17, 2022 11:38:34 am
      First of all, congratulations to all Reds' fans making t#e trip to Wembley. I enjoyed first 45 minutes immensely especially going 3  0 up. Mane's goal simply brilliant play !  2nd 45 minutes I found almost unbearable, watc#ing game on tv.

Mainly we are back at Wembley for our 2nd final. Look forward to occasion. Well in Reds and supporters.

ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #664: Apr 17, 2022 11:51:18 am
      What a nerve wracking day yesterday was. Firstly I had the Scottish Cup semi-final derby Hearts v Hibs, thankfully 2-1 win for the famous and then the big one for us against ABFC. I'm not sure my old heart can take too many more afternoons like that.  ;D Anyhoo great result reds just a pity they were given any hope at all.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #665: Apr 17, 2022 11:58:58 am
      No matter how this season ends, it’s been an absolute privilege to watch this team this season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #666: Apr 17, 2022 12:08:33 pm
      No matter how this season ends, it’s been an absolute privilege to watch this team this season.

We just need some more silverware this season to acknowledge how good we are.
      A solitary league cup would be quite disappointing now.
      A domestic cup double would be good.
      Any of this big champions prizes would be what we deserve.

Quick Reply