Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      6 (6.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (2.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      19 (19.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (6.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      62 (64.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 20, 2022 05:23:52 pm

Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16189 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Apr 17, 2022 01:36:31 pm
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #668: Apr 17, 2022 01:38:51 pm
      We just need some more silverware this season to acknowledge how good we are.
      A solitary league cup would be quite disappointing now.
      A domestic cup double would be good.
      Any of this big champions prizes would be what we deserve.

We are already having a great season. Nonetheless when greed kicks in, more is never enough. We need to win all of:
      1) league cup
      2) fa cup
      3) league title
      4) CL
      5) super cup
      6) club world
      7) charity shield

Otherwise… ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #669: Apr 17, 2022 01:45:38 pm
      I can imagine the talk going on..." Liverpools full team beat citys reserves " " city happy to lose this one" " city dont care about the cup" etc etc etc
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #670: Apr 17, 2022 02:01:23 pm
      I can imagine the talk going on..." Liverpools full team beat citys reserves " " city happy to lose this one" " city dont care about the cup" etc etc etc

:lmao: I can imagine that!
      It’s only the FA cup. The FA cup isn’t important. The league matters most. :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #671: Apr 17, 2022 02:43:03 pm
      Seen this before - an account of yesterday from a City fan. Pretty honest as well.

What an absolutely sh*t day that was!

Liverpool took it more seriously than we did. We treated it like a friendly and got what we deserved.

The fans… We didn’t bother selling out, even in the blocks that were available to us, there were empties everywhere. Before everyone comes up with their excuses, I know loads of people who just couldn’t be arsed so the excuses won’t wash with me! People within my group couldn’t fill a minibus (when we’re normally turning people away), a local pub that usually runs a coach couldn’t fill a coach, people who sit around me in the ground who pulled their faces about going when I asked them last Sunday, spoke to others in the free coach on the way down yesterday who said the coach they normally go on wasn’t run because there was no interest.
      Liverpool fans filled their end and some in our end.

And why the F**k are our fans so averse to getting to our seats early? Fans still filtering in in their hundreds minutes after kick off, while their end was full minutes before.

Not one ounce of atmosphere came from us. Oh apart from the shameful cu*ts who booed and shouted comments during the Hillsborough moment of silence. Never felt more embarrassed to be a Blue at that moment. Anyone who has a problem with Liverpool and Heysel, bring that up with LFC and the governing bodies and the media in an email or something, don’t go and F***ing boo during a moment of respect for people who died you F***ing disrespectful thick cu*ts! We deserve every bit of criticism coming our way for that.
      We weren’t arsed in the stands during the game at all. Liverpool fans were well up for it. That was the best atmosphere from them that I’ve heard from any game we’ve been to Wembley (including any of ours). Their whole end stood up, even in the top tier, they were starting songs off in all areas, we just had a load of people who looked like they didn’t want to be there all sat down contributing F**k all. F***ing embarrassing from our fans! We acted like we had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever.

The amount of our fans who left early was sh*t n’all. What’s the point in going all that way if you’re not going to stay to the end? As bad as we were, we very nearly took it to extra time… have some fans never learnt anything from being a City fan and the amount of come backs and late goals we’ve scored?

The team… We started like we couldn’t be arsed. Slow ponderous boring as F**k football by a team who - seemingly just like the fanbase - had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever. Against a team who were well up for it, who responded to their fans, who looked like they believed that an historic quadruple is on the cards for them.
      Okay we grew into the game a bit but let’s be honest they took their foot off the gas at 0-3 and had the rest of their season in mind, and they still looked as likely to make it 1-4 or 2-4 at any point we could have made it 2-3 or 3-3.

Why is it, that players who look good when others are around them, shrink like dying flowers anytime de Bruyne Gundogan Dias etc. aren’t on the pitch? I have never seen Sterling step up in the usual leaders’ absence and drive this team on to anything, it’s about time Foden started doing it as he’s experienced enough now, what a game for Grealish to show us that he’s worth picking for the run-in… they, along with others, were all F***ing sh*t!

Is Pep allergic to making subs? Mahrez was his master stroke was it? He’s been stinking the place out over the last few weeks with meek as F**k performances. Get F***ing Delap on, try it, it might have worked.

That was one of my least favourite days ever being a blue! Our fans were sh*t and some were a disgrace to the club. Our players were woeful for the most part. Manager had a poor day. F***ing w*nk day out, now I’ve fu**ed off home.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #672: Apr 17, 2022 03:05:35 pm
      :scarf:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #673: Apr 17, 2022 03:08:59 pm
      What a performance from everyone. The fans were brilliant.

Mane is on fire 🔥.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #674: Apr 17, 2022 03:10:41 pm
      :lmao: I can imagine that!
      It’s only the FA cup. The FA cup isn’t important. The league matters most. :lmao:

Can I get mine in now Ruth  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #676: Apr 17, 2022 03:21:33 pm
      My oldest child was two days old in our last FA Cup Final so hell yes I'm glad to be back there again. 

I keep telling all my boys that this is probably going to be their greatest ever experience following Liverpool and I think all of you know it too.

If Liverpool win four trophies this season... can you just imagine.  What could possibly happen next to beat that?

Read this last night not long after I got back and that middle para is absolutely spot on. I don't think any of us fully compute exactly what we're witnessing. After half of this decade we were on the verge of clogging up the samitarans phone lines. What Klopp has done here is simply magical - time to start enjoying these good times.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #677: Apr 17, 2022 03:34:22 pm
      Seen this before - an account of yesterday from a City fan. Pretty honest as well.

Liverpool took it more seriously than we did. We treated it like a friendly and got what we deserved.

The fans… We didn’t bother selling out, even in the blocks that were available to us, there were empties everywhere. Before everyone comes up with their excuses, I know loads of people who just couldn’t be arsed so the excuses won’t wash with me! People within my group couldn’t fill a minibus (when we’re normally turning people away), a local pub that usually runs a coach couldn’t fill a coach, people who sit around me in the ground who pulled their faces about going when I asked them last Sunday, spoke to others in the free coach on the way down yesterday who said the coach they normally go on wasn’t run because there was no interest.

And why the f**k are our fans so averse to getting to our seats early? Fans still filtering in in their hundreds minutes after kick off, while their end was full minutes before.

Not one ounce of atmosphere came from us. Oh apart from the shameful cu*ts who booed and shouted comments during the Hillsborough moment of silence. Never felt more embarrassed to be a Blue at that moment. Anyone who has a problem with Liverpool and Heysel, bring that up with LFC and the governing bodies and the media in an email or something, don’t go and f**king boo during a moment of respect for people who died you f**king disrespectful thick cu*ts! We deserve every bit of criticism coming our way for that.
      We weren’t arsed in the stands during the game at all. Liverpool fans were well up for it. That was the best atmosphere from them that I’ve heard from any game we’ve been to Wembley (including any of ours). Their whole end stood up, even in the top tier, they were starting songs off in all areas, we just had a load of people who looked like they didn’t want to be there all sat down contributing f**k all. F***ing embarrassing from our fans! We acted like we had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever.

The amount of our fans who left early was sh*t n’all. What’s the point in going all that way if you’re not going to stay to the end? As bad as we were, we very nearly took it to extra time… have some fans never learnt anything from being a City fan and the amount of come backs and late goals we’ve scored?

The team… We started like we couldn’t be arsed. Slow ponderous boring as f**k football by a team who - seemingly just like the fanbase - had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever. Against a team who were well up for it, who responded to their fans, who looked like they believed that an historic quadruple is on the cards for them.
      Okay we grew into the game a bit but let’s be honest they took their foot off the gas at 0-3 and had the rest of their season in mind, and they still looked as likely to make it 1-4 or 2-4 at any point we could have made it 2-3 or 3-3.

Why is it, that players who look good when others are around them, shrink like dying flowers anytime de Bruyne Gundogan Dias etc. aren’t on the pitch? I have never seen Sterling step up in the usual leaders’ absence and drive this team on to anything, it’s about time Foden started doing it as he’s experienced enough now, what a game for Grealish to show us that he’s worth picking for the run-in… they, along with others, were all f**king sh*t!

Is Pep allergic to making subs? Mahrez was his master stroke was it? He’s been stinking the place out over the last few weeks with meek as f**k performances. Get f**king Delap on, try it, it might have worked.

That was one of my least favourite days ever being a blue! Our fans were sh*t and some were a disgrace to the club. Our players were woeful for the most part. Manager had a poor day. F***ing w*nk day out, now I’ve fu**ed off home.

Fantastic read
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #678: Apr 17, 2022 03:48:37 pm
      Read this last night not long after I got back and that middle para is absolutely spot on. I don't think any of us fully compute exactly what we're witnessing. After half of this decade we were on the verge of clogging up the samitarans phone lines. What Klopp has done here is simply magical - time to start enjoying these good times.

Spot on - this is as good as it’s going to get in my lifetime realistically, I don’t see an era like this happening again (but hopefully in wrong)!

Klopp is just incredible
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #679: Apr 17, 2022 04:38:20 pm

And why the f**k are our fans so averse to getting to our seats early? Fans still filtering in in their hundreds minutes after kick off, while their end was full minutes before.

Not one ounce of atmosphere came from us. Oh apart from the shameful cu*ts who booed and shouted comments during the Hillsborough moment of silence. Never felt more embarrassed to be a Blue at that moment. Anyone who has a problem with Liverpool and Heysel, bring that up with LFC and the governing bodies and the media in an email or something, don’t go and f**king boo during a moment of respect for people who died you f**king disrespectful thick cu*ts! We deserve every bit of criticism coming our way for that.
      We weren’t arsed in the stands during the game at all. Liverpool fans were well up for it. That was the best atmosphere from them that I’ve heard from any game we’ve been to Wembley (including any of ours). Their whole end stood up, even in the top tier, they were starting songs off in all areas, we just had a load of people who looked like they didn’t want to be there all sat down contributing f**k all. F***ing embarrassing from our fans! We acted like we had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever.

The team… We started like we couldn’t be arsed. Slow ponderous boring as f**k football by a team who - seemingly just like the fanbase - had absolutely no ounce of belief that a treble was on the cards for us whatsoever. Against a team who were well up for it, who responded to their fans, who looked like they believed that an historic quadruple is on the cards for them.

Why is it, that players who look good when others are around them, shrink like dying flowers anytime de Bruyne Gundogan Dias etc. aren’t on the pitch? I have never seen Sterling step up in the usual leaders’ absence and drive this team on to anything, it’s about time Foden started doing it as he’s experienced enough now, what a game for Grealish to show us that he’s worth picking for the run-in… they, along with others, were all f**king sh*t!

Is Pep allergic to making subs? Mahrez was his master stroke was it? He’s been stinking the place out over the last few weeks with meek as f**k performances. Get f**king Delap on, try it, it might have worked.

Thanks for sharing - certainly felt that way watching on the telly. For a team formed in 2008 they really are a bunch of self entitled cu*ts
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #680: Apr 17, 2022 06:00:52 pm
      Brilliant win. Looked like a boss away day too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #681: Apr 18, 2022 09:53:15 am
      Get the f**k innnnn

F***ing don’t know how many more heart attacks I will survive. This a

club is trying to kill me!

💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

:lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #682: Apr 18, 2022 10:23:07 am

we

F***ing hell a few home truths being dished out there 😂

Where did you find that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #683: Apr 18, 2022 01:17:31 pm
      we

F***ing hell a few home truths being dished out there 😂

Where did you find that?

Someone posted it up from Blue moon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #684: Apr 18, 2022 01:53:42 pm
      Someone posted it up from Blue moon.

Who do you post under on Redcafe and Bluemoon  ;D Not that you’d tell me anyway, probably deny it and say just browsing  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #685: Apr 18, 2022 01:56:47 pm
       this is not the Man City of Maine Road who had solid supporters even when twice relegated this shower are just glory hunters.
      FFP failed to stop them looks like it is up to us as UTD threw in the towel years ago
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #686: Apr 18, 2022 02:00:58 pm
      Who do you post under on Redcafe and Bluemoon  ;D Not that you’d tell me anyway, probably deny it and say just browsing  :lmao:

I don't have any log ins on there, I am on a couple of other Liverpool forums which is where I found it.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #687: Apr 18, 2022 06:51:55 pm
      Fantastic result
      Fantastic performance
      Fantastic atmosphere
      What a team!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #688: Apr 18, 2022 08:11:58 pm
      City fans sitting on their arses thinking that wish that was us.
      https://twitter.com/ReeceBoast/status/1515444003109584905?t=nMtXtaJplUMndqePyXl1qA&s=19
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #689: Apr 19, 2022 12:03:38 pm
      Quote from PTU
      Sill, you wouldn't have it any other way, would you?  :scarf:

Yes, the easy way. When we do it the easy way, there's about 5 pages of a post match thread.

Quote from gazred
      I thought Salah was ok today. Lost his  confidence around the goal and is still being too selfish as he's desperate to score. But the rest of his game was good. This is his first goal drought since being at Liverpool (that I can remember) but I think every forward in the history of football will have a dry period.

He had a similiar period in the 2018-19 run in. He's not playing that bad, but he is being judged on the standards he has set for so long. That assist for the equaliser at City had to be inch perfect, and it was.

Two home games and tonnes of chances against cannon fodder in the week, should see him hit the target again and again.

Quote from Robby The Z
      Question for you (and anyone else who was at Wembley today):  Jürgen mentioned this after the game and I'm wondering, is there any chance that fans at the ground might not have heard an announcement about observing a minute of respect. Seems unlikely to me, but wanted to at least ask.

What did they think the players were all on the centre circle for? Their response is why it's easier to mark these things with a round of applause. Once someone doesn't respect a silence, it has a domino effect on everyone else.

Quote from srslfc
      I think I was being diplomatic and not trying to upset the olders lads on here.

But like you I think this squad is the best we've ever had.

It's the best Jürgen has had, but it's only 3 months ago when people thought it was stale, had no strength in depth, and wanted it torn up and refreshed. I'm not sure it's the best ever, but it's certainly the most consistent. Anfield is a fortress, we're regularly competing for the biggest trophies, and we rarely lose any games. That wasn't the case in the era when we won something every year. Something else always had to be sacrificed in order to see the bigger picture. That may still happen this year, but at least we can compete again next year, not starting to build another 5 year project just to challenge for trophies, let alone win them.

Quote from Klopps Snood
      THE RED MACHINE IN FULL EFFECT

Just how good does it feel to be a REDS fan these days, saviour every single moment and enjoy the wonderful ride.....whoosh !!!

I LOVE my team sooooo much  :kop5cf8koxp6:

We're going for 4 trophies, the mancs are a laughing stock and the neighbours are fighting the drop, all at once. It doesn't get better than this really. People talk about their hearts during games, but if you can't enjoy all this, what will they be like when it's not like this?

Oh yeah, the game. We hit them hard from the start. But 3 goals up at half time against City isn't much of an advantage tbh, as we know that there would be a response, which arrived when the most expensive benchwarmer in football scored a tap in. But the media had decided we had won long before time was up, so the host broadcaster decided it was time to choose the man if the match. (or the "player of the match" as they insist these days, to keep the far left happy) So the PA announced it in the middle of the play, which I thought was a stupid distraction, knowing there could be still extra time and penalties to come. 10 seconds later the ball was in the net, and the onslaught we had feared began. Thankfully it was only a few minutes, so we got over the line, and we've got a league game in hand as a sweetener for reaching the cup final. After winning the game, we got no credit, it was all about what City don't have and didn't do. 500mn quid on a squad, and apparently it's not good enough. That's not our fault.

We're told that the rivalry on the pitch is too nice. Let's see if that is still the case, now that we've finally beaten them for the first time in 2.5 years. The rivalry now moves back to the league. And (after the fight in 2014 and 2019) hopefully we'll beat them to it, at the third time of asking.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2022 12:19:33 pm by lfc across the water »

Quick Reply