Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm

Read 7441 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm
      Reply #46: Apr 19, 2022 10:19:12 am
      I'm not a huge fan of making 7-8 changes. It worked for a while against Benfica,

The 7-8 changes are what ensured we beat Man City on Saturday.

Big occasion Saturday not just physically tough but emotionally draining too for the players so thats my main concern for this game coming so soon after. 

When we were sh*t, like United are now, we could still get ourselves up for this type of game as it was pretty much all we had to look forward to so I expect them to give us a game.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Apr 19, 2022 10:29:49 am
      The 7-8 changes are what ensured we beat Man City on Saturday.

Big occasion Saturday not just physically tough but emotionally draining too for the players so thats my main concern for this game coming so soon after. 

When we were sh*t, like United are now, we could still get ourselves up for this type of game as it was pretty much all we had to look forward to so I expect them to give us a game.

I think the difference between us then and them now is they are both technically and mentally poor, even when we were sh*te we went into games believing we could win, especially the big gamesā€¦ them on the other hand just look completely unbothered about the results and have zero mentality, except maybe De Gea, who funny enough, will be the only thing between us and the 3 points.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Apr 19, 2022 11:01:21 am

That means I can lay this as your predictions always do the opposite  ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #49: Apr 19, 2022 11:06:19 am
      That means I can lay this as your predictions always do the opposite  ;D

ā€¦ but United win 4-3 👀 :f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #50: Apr 19, 2022 11:08:59 am
      If this were a two leg situation and we were 3 goals to the good after the first, making 7 or 8 changes would be fine. We canā€™t afford to do that with this outfit, however poor they r been recently, they will be up for this like no other game this season.
      If we have any desire to win this, we have to go as strong as possible. Donā€™t believe all our rotations donā€™t weaken us, they do for sure. We need full strength today, snd again v Everton. We can rest one or two for the remaining prem games.
      Tonight will be one of the most tense games this season snd our high line will invite their pacey counter.
      I would expect Ronaldo to be at home with his mrs after the horrendous experience they have just encountered, but that wonā€™t change their teams determination.
      Please donā€™t underestimate these and let it be that we lost the prem due to them 😱
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #51: Apr 19, 2022 11:35:35 am
      Tough looking game later, especially after Saturday's epic semi final against City. I would start Jota and Diaz, the latter would cause United defence any amount of problems. Jota always likely to score. I would play Mane he is in fine form. Difficult with Mo not sure maybe come on later, although almost impossible to leave out of the starting line up for sure !

Expect us to win maybe by a goal or two, but also expect United to show plenty of fight, form usually goes out of the window in these games. For the fortunate fans at the game later, enjoy and cheer the men in all red to another victory over Man United !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: Apr 19, 2022 11:40:12 am
      If this were a two leg situation and we were 3 goals to the good after the first, making 7 or 8 changes would be fine. We canā€™t afford to do that with this outfit, however poor they r been recently, they will be up for this like no other game this season.
      If we have any desire to win this, we have to go as strong as possible. Donā€™t believe all our rotations donā€™t weaken us, they do for sure. We need full strength today, snd again v Everton. We can rest one or two for the remaining prem games.
      Tonight will be one of the most tense games this season snd our high line will invite their pacey counter.
      I would expect Ronaldo to be at home with his mrs after the horrendous experience they have just encountered, but that wonā€™t change their teams determination.
      Please donā€™t underestimate these and let it be that we lost the prem due to them 😱

The 7 or 8 changes that we have been making for months with no issues?

Our squad is so good we can make changes that make very little difference.

Klopp will make changes 3 minimum I reckon. Hendo, matip & Jota to start.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kostas given a game also.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Apr 19, 2022 11:50:08 am

Tooooooooooo late  :lmao: First predictions are always wrong, second are right.  ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #54: Apr 19, 2022 12:50:56 pm
      Cant beat a game at night under the flood lights, but F**k me the day drags beforehandā€¦
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #55: Apr 19, 2022 12:56:01 pm
      United have confirmed that Ronaldo won't play this evening. I wasn't sure if he would or not. No doubt his teammates will be fired up to play well in his absence. Our lads need to be absolutely on it from the first whistle.

I fancy us to win but don't think it will be the cake walk that some in here are predicting. i think we'll win 2-1 or 3-1 but it'll be hard-fought.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #56: Apr 19, 2022 01:02:04 pm
      1-0,  2-1, 3-2, 4-3 or even 10-9 will do.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #57: Apr 19, 2022 01:24:42 pm
      If Klopp puts out a full strength eleven we batter them. If he makes changes then we cruise to a 2 or 3 nil win. I see nothing here to worry us at all. A pathetic outfit of a team, no leaders, no morale.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,787 posts | 394 
      Reply #58: Apr 19, 2022 01:40:44 pm
      Scrappy 1 nil will do me. I'm not expecting a thrashing here. The lads are now well into a mentally and physically draining run in. United have been putting no energy into any of their games and relying on or hoping for some magic from someone.

Can't afford not to win, but we don't need to win by 5.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Apr 19, 2022 01:50:48 pm
      Regardless of form i can never ever be confident going into this game. This one normally gets a big build up but it's come along completely under the radar and under-hyped which worries me a little. I think Klopp will rotate, the weekend would have taken it out of a few of the lads and you need fresh legs to really press with the intensity that he wants.

I don't know if Ronaldo will play, it's truly heart-breaking news. If he does play i suspect he and the whole team will have an added level of focus and determination so we have to be 100% on it. 

Itā€™s under the radar mate cos Munts are sh*te, no other reason, once the darlings of the English media their expedition  to mediocrity hasnā€™t gone unnoticed, they do of course have their new objects in City to jizz all over, but weā€™re doing  our best to curtail that too, look how the recent league match with Citeh got hyped, mainly by Sky, now, ā€œitā€™s all gone quiet over thereā€ cos weā€™re still in the hunt, but had  Citeh beat us you can be sure as thereā€™s sh*t in a cat the media would be all over them like plooks on a teenager !!!

Y  N  W  A
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #60: Apr 19, 2022 01:53:41 pm
      No Ronaldo tonight, confirmed.

Rivalries aside, f**king horrible for him and his family, that.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1516367600074248198?t=hVROzAMvrzRqqHhDQvytEg&s=09
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #61: Apr 19, 2022 02:09:41 pm
      Guys, Iā€™m trying not to be arrogant here, but cā€™mon weā€™re talking about us one of the best sides in world football coming up against a side that are as fragmented as a bust windscreen, Yanited are f***in PANTS, end of, I reckon our ressies would give this f***in lot a game,

They have no structure, no cohesion, donā€™t play as a unit, are full of self serving no marks who feed off the reputation of days gone by, none of their players make our side, none, and Iā€™d argue that none would make Cityā€™s or even Chavs X1, when we had our spell of winning F**k all we would still give this lot a game, this lot canā€™t do that, we seen it when we battered them for 55 mins at OT, but we are even better now, with more on it, so I canā€™t see us taking our foot off the gas this time,

Hold onto yer bellends tonight fellaā€™s, ladies, keep yer braā€™s on, thereā€™ll be enough Tits on show when we annihilate these dirty scummy bas**rds !!!

Heart says 5-0, head says 3-0,  and Keith says, any more than two, the drinks are on him 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #62: Apr 19, 2022 02:12:04 pm
      Guys, Iā€™m trying not to be arrogant here, but cā€™mon weā€™re talking about us one of the best sides in world football coming up against a side that are as fragmented as a bust windscreen, Yanited are f***in PANTS, end of, I reckon our ressies would give this f***in lot a game,

They have no structure, no cohesion, donā€™t play as a unit, are full of self serving no marks who feed off the reputation of days gone by, none of their players make our side, none, and Iā€™d argue that none would make Cityā€™s or even Chavs X1, when we had our spell of winning f**k all we would still give this lot a game, this lot canā€™t do that, we seen it when we battered them for 55 mins at OT, but we are even better now, with more on it, so I canā€™t see us taking our foot off the gas this time,

Hold onto yer bellends tonight fellaā€™s, ladies, keep yer braā€™s on, thereā€™ll be enough Tits on show when we annihilate these dirty scummy bas**rds !!!

Heart says 5-0, head says 3-0,  and Keith says, any more than two, the drinks are on him 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Y  N  W  A

If we score early 1st halve they will cave again.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #63: Apr 19, 2022 02:57:17 pm
      I still remember Ince kicking the crap out of the add boards when he equalised for a 2-2 late in the season all those years back. We were sh*t then and having a sh*te season. They finished champions but the draw could have cost them.

I don't care what the form-book says, most of you lot are being way too over-confident for me! I'll be bricking it come kick-off same as always against this lot.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #64: Apr 19, 2022 03:07:25 pm
      So if it wasnā€™t  enough we go into battle tonite big under dogs itā€™s now even worse with the sad news of Ronaldo understandably missing the game due to losing a child.   :(

Our leading scoring missing makes the game even easier for you as god knows where our goals are coming from if any  :f_wah: If it wasnā€™t for it being the best fixture I look forward to most in the football calendar Iā€™d quite happily miss this match. Not looking forward to it at all now.

Good as you lads are the luck is slowly coming your way towards the end of the season, what with injuries to city, you all jumping up and down on every thread is KDB playing  ;D and now the old man out too  :f_wah:

Painful nite awaits. However, I wonā€™t go missing with you lot! Iā€™ll take it like a man, not that I have a choice  ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Apr 19, 2022 03:11:06 pm

Y  N  W  A

As you know Billy I have gone 2-0 to you lot! However, thatā€™s a heart vote, I think it will be around 4-0 myself.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #66: Apr 19, 2022 03:11:39 pm
      If we score early 1st halve they will cave again.

Mate, they got more cave(s) than Bin Laden had, just read their without, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Veraneā€™s a doubt, Greenwoodā€™s away playing with his Willy, obviously no Ronaldo bless him, so even though they are sh*te they just got shittier, if covid was still hanging around they would have wanted it called it off !!

As much as I can see some of you guys are remaining fearful, well fear ye not cos we got F**k all to be feared of !!

Dā€™ya know what I want more than anything?  For us to be totally f***in ruthless, I want those going to the game remembering in 30 years time how we absolutely annihilated Yanited, perhaps the highest score possible, one that will stand the test of time, one that should never ever be surpassed, thatā€™s what I would love, and I hope tae F**k it happens, revenge for all the f***in bullshit we received when they were in their pomp,

More than happy with 4 or 5, but wouldnā€™t it be much sweeter if we got 6, 7, or 8, ok maybe slight exaggeration there, but if we did that, Iā€™d never have to w*nk ever again !!

Y  N  W  A

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #67: Apr 19, 2022 03:11:50 pm
      1-0,  2-1, 3-2, 4-3 or even 10-9 will do.

10-0 would do too, just sayin'... But I'm not picky.  :roll: ;D

So if it wasnā€™t  enough we go into battle tonite big under dogs itā€™s now even worse with the sad news of Ronaldo understandably missing the game due to losing a child.   :(

Our leading scoring missing makes the game even easier for you as god knows where our goals are coming from if any  :f_wah: If it wasnā€™t for it being the best fixture I look forward to most in the football calendar Iā€™d quite happily miss this match. Not looking forward to it at all now.

From a football standpoint, I'd argue your team is stronger without him. He might be your best player this season (which, I'm sorry, is pathetic in itself), but he also makes your play too predictable. Without him, other players have more freedom.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #68: Apr 19, 2022 03:13:20 pm
      As you know Billy I have gone 2-0 to you lot! However, thatā€™s a heart vote, I think it will be around 4-0 myself.

Iā€™d settle for that Keith, but then I am a greedy f**ker and want as much as we can muster !

Quick Reply