Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm

Read 7244 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm
      Apr 17, 2022 09:13:20 pm
      Rearranged because we've been busy in the other competitions.

Two teams who both need three points.  United will be up for denting our chase for number 20!

After Saturday though how many players will Klopp be prepared to rest?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm
      Reply #1: Apr 17, 2022 09:22:09 pm
      Probably not a thrashing (above 10) but with a sensible head on, but they are horrible. I imagine all their focus will be on not getting humiliated. I'd still go 5-0 us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Apr 17, 2022 09:23:50 pm
      These lot will give their performance of the season, no doubt, so we need to be on it. Form out the window here.

We win either way if were on it but if were off even slightly these will be l over it to derail our title hopes.

Id argue the case for Konate but have to think Jürgen will go with Joel.....Tuesday to Sundays a nice break so....

Ali

Trent Joel VVD Robbo

Fab Thiago Hendo

Mo  Bobby Sadio

Keep Luis and Jota back until last 20 or so when the chuckle brothers are fooked

3-1 Redmen
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Apr 17, 2022 09:36:55 pm
      I'd let Diaz off the leash from the start, he'll be a nightmare for that defence.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: Apr 17, 2022 09:42:11 pm
      United under the lights should be a good atmosphere!

They'll be bang up for it no doubt. In the past I remember many times United were flying in the league and we were struggling yet we dug out a good performance against them. Will be the same on Tuesday night the other way round but if we play like we did on Saturday we should get a result.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #5: Apr 17, 2022 09:45:41 pm
      Same side for me if we can manage it . Naby should be given a run of games now and he destroyed these last time out with pressing . No coincidence we overran City with that midfield 3 and Utd won't cope either
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #6: Apr 17, 2022 10:22:28 pm
      We’re on a high but like usual I’m worried about this one. I remember United spoiling our mood back in the day with that c**t Mata scoring a couple of worldies and we were in a bit of form at the time.

Let’s keep it organised, professional, a clean sheet - just get the F***ing win. 

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #7: Apr 18, 2022 02:43:45 am
      How about Elliott for a change?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #8: Apr 18, 2022 07:27:35 am
      If the lads are going to press high and play with intensity then Klopp will need to make quite a few changes. I’d imagine Bobby, Jota, Matip, Henderson and Milner will all come in. I hope he plays Trent, it would be a mistake to play Gomez at RB for this one.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2022 08:35:39 am
      Yanited at home has battering written all over it, but we all know jammy these mediocre teams can be, especially if your so called rivals, we only needed 55minutes last time to sh*t all over this lot, and even then we took our foot off the gas, we could have had 8 at least,

We are even better now than we were then, we have Diaz to torment them further, I think Jürgen will shuffle again but I hope he stays with Fabinho, Thiago & Naby lad as our mids, with the usual back 5, Matip coming in for Konate, up top I’d start with Diaz, Jota & Mo, if things go as well as expected I’d swap Diaz & Jota for Mane & Bobby on or just after the hour….

â€¦..Alisson
                                                                 Trent  Matip  Virgil  Robbo
                                                                               Fabinho
                                                                   Thiago            Naby lad
                                                                     Salah    Jota     Diaz

However,  can’t see Jürgen going again without his skipper starting, so he could use Hendo rather than Naby lad, whoever he goes with will be fine, we have the luxury of keeping legs fresh throughout the squad  and it will remain a guessing game from now on who starts,

This is another must win 95+mins, against arguably the worst ‘Yanited’ side seen since the ‘Doc’ was shagging Mary Brown, (younger fans please refer to yer arl fella’s ), and it has nothing to do with snow white either, they say form goes out the window in these games, well normally yes, but no one can say the MUtants are rivals at the moment so for me form doesn’t come into it, they will of course try and F**k us about that’s par for the course, but I honestly can’t see them coping with us at all, we are Eons ahead in every department,

Only one winner for me !!

3-0 Mighty Redmen minimum

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Apr 18, 2022 09:42:32 am
      COYR   :f_whistle:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Apr 18, 2022 09:53:45 am
      Defo be a bit of rotation for this game jota, hendo, matip all to start as a minimum.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12: Apr 18, 2022 10:02:22 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Apr 18, 2022 11:46:36 am
      Got tickets for this one, can’t wait!

Personally I would go for the same starting 11 from the City game. Hopefully get a comfortable lead and then make a few changes to rest players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Apr 18, 2022 12:15:20 pm
      Jota is our best finisher and I would expect he has recovered enough from that knock to go from the start.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #15: Apr 18, 2022 01:08:15 pm
      Going to be another tough game, they may roll over and under perform against City, but I have no doubt they will come into this game with full intentions to get something out of it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16: Apr 18, 2022 01:19:19 pm
      Been exactly where they have been. It'll all be about stopping us winning the league. Let's batter the F**k out of the Manc cu*ts and go top.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #17: Apr 18, 2022 01:21:49 pm
      Jota is our best finisher and I would expect he has recovered enough from that knock to go from the start.

Hope it’s a great night for you mate!

I wouldn’t roll with the same team though, not if you want us to play with the same intensity as on Saturday. To d9 that you need some fresh legs in there, if everyone is 5% short of their usual match fitness it will make a difference. Bobby, Jota and Hendo all have to come in for me, I’d be 8n.coned also to pay Milner and Matip. Use the squad. I just hope he plays Trent though,he’s so integral to how we play.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2022 06:31:48 pm
      I could almost see Jota and Bobby coming in (maybe for Salah and Mane) but wouldn't be surprised if Klopp keeps it the same. I think Diaz has to play. He will terrorize United's "defense".

Also wouldn't surprise me to see Hendo spell Naby and Joel come in for Konate.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #19: Apr 18, 2022 06:39:04 pm
      Over on the Caff they are seriously considering not turning up and taking the 3-0 loss
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #20: Apr 18, 2022 07:01:26 pm
       Hate this fixture. The only team I really hate with a passion are Man U.
      Let's hope we score early and batter them.

C'mon the Redmen we can do this.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #21: Apr 18, 2022 07:39:23 pm
      Play Salah this game, and let him play his way into confidence. Can't think of a better team to come out and practicing your finishing on than this lot. Let him get a brace and then rest him on the weekend.

Jota, Bob, Mo should get the start.

MF of CJ, Hendo, and Fab.

Back 4 only change needs to be Matip in for Messi, I mean Konate.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #22: Apr 18, 2022 07:43:57 pm
      Just read Ronaldo and mother sadly lost one of their twins during or not long after child birth.

Sad thing to hear. Tragic.

Quick Reply