Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm

Read 7241 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man Utd Tue 19th April 8pm
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2022 07:50:19 pm
      Just read Ronaldo and mother sadly lost one of their twins during or not long after child birth.

Sad thing to hear. Tragic.

It’s just popped up on my sky sports newsfeed. That’s horrible to hear. Puts football into perspective.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2022 08:13:42 pm
      If we do change up the attack, Diaz simply has to keep his place, IMO out of the 5, he’s head of the queue at the moment and is getting better with every game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2022 08:50:17 pm
      Just hearing Ronaldo son has passed away. Hope our lads can show some respect tomorrow as fathers, sons, brothers, sisters etc.
      Sad sad news for any parent.
      Condolences to all his family.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2022 09:00:51 pm
      Just hearing Ronaldo son has passed away. Hope our lads can show some respect tomorrow as fathers, sons, brothers, sisters etc.

I am sure if required Anfield will show total respect.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2022 09:26:01 pm

You know Jürgen and Hendo will make sure the club shows the appropriate respect in the trying times that Ronaldo and the club are going through. I love this club on the pitch, but with those 2 guys at the helm, I love them even more off it.

As a father of 2 boys and a soon to be girl, I can't even imagine what they are going through. My prayers go out to the Ronaldo family.

YNWA
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2022 09:38:19 pm
      Absolutely horrendous news concerning Ronaldo’s baby son passing away ,cannot even comprehend what his wife and himself are going through this evening.
      RIP little man .YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2022 10:13:30 pm
      Absolutely horrendous news concerning Ronaldo’s baby son passing away ,cannot even comprehend what his wife and himself are going through this evening.
      RIP little man .YNWA

Second that. Tragic for the couple. Condolences.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2022 10:15:02 pm
      Far as the match goes I'd like to see Konate in again. Jota in possible to give Mo a rest. 4-0.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2022 10:15:54 pm
      Damn that's horrible news. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2022 10:21:26 pm
      Bruno was in a car crash today I just read can not see him and the sad news of the lose of Ronaldo son I can not see them starting tomorrow.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2022 10:48:45 pm
      Some shitty news coming from OT, as a parent losing a child  must be one of the most horrific experiences to go through, my thoughts go to Ronaldo and his kin, terrible news.

Also heard Bruno involved in a RTA, anyhoo any idea if that’s true or how serious is it ??
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2022 10:55:51 pm
      Massive game! Always the first fixture I look out for.
      Now with extra spice as well.

Forget the quadruple. It’s the league I want. More than anything else. Everything else is a bonus.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2022 10:56:22 pm
      Some shitty news coming from OT, as a parent losing a child  must be one of the most horrific experiences to go through, my thoughts go to Ronaldo and his kin, terrible news.

Also heard Bruno involved in a RTA, anyhoo any idea if that’s true or how serious is it ??

I think Bruno is ok. No harm done there I believe.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2022 11:01:59 pm
      These lot have reached the level that putting a spanner in our works is the best they can hope for. Absolutely hate these games, going to very tough. Just win
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2022 11:35:25 pm
      There could be some level of rotation but hope Naby gets another start. He was so good his last time out and crushed United in the first game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: Apr 19, 2022 12:06:12 am
      If the lads are going to press high and play with intensity then Klopp will need to make quite a few changes. I’d imagine Bobby, Jota, Matip, Henderson and Milner will all come in. I hope he plays Trent, it would be a mistake to play Gomez at RB for this one.

Agree.

Has to be changes to keep the intensity up.

I'd prefer Jones to Milner though.

Allison

Trent    Matip    Virgil    Tsimikas

Henderson

Jones      Thiago

Jota           Firmino           Diaz
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #39: Apr 19, 2022 01:02:28 am
      After the subs on Sunday, not liking Jones and Hendo in together.
      Some setups just don’t work.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #40: Apr 19, 2022 08:06:08 am
      I will.be more anxious and nervous before this game than semi in FA Cup and probably Villararel . Always have been just can't help it . Trust Jürgen to pick the best side to beat these ,hoping one or two changes only
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Apr 19, 2022 09:15:13 am
      I dunno if it’s just me but does anyone else feel that too much rotation can be detrimental and perhaps we’re better having a set group who rotate regularly rather than bringing in those who may not see regular game time at the best of times,

We’ve seen how Jürgen swaps the top 5 around and Mo always gets the nod, and either has Mane or Diaz for company, or it’s Jota & Mane, etc, I think whoever plays Jürgen has faith with, midfield is a bit different having  so many options obviously, his best three I believe now are Fabinho, Thiago & Naby lad, but before that came to being, we all liked Fabinho, Hendo & Thiago, like Mo, I think Fabinho should be on the team sheet first, and then whatever two, but if say we put with respect a AOC in there or Curtis, Harvey, Taki, we’re not going to get the same levels of artistry are we,

The back Five, or should we say eight more or less sort themselves out, if it’s not Joel it’s Ibra, if it’s not Robbo it’s Kostas, or Gomez for Trent, so I guess what I’m saying is out of what 22 players there’s a core of 18 say who will get fairly regular game time,

Those others on the fringes, like AOC, Curtis, Harvey, Taki, Milner, Divock aren’t going to feature much but remain vitally important, might get a few minutes here and there, but for the most part, won’t?

We just keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll be absolutely fine, City will slip, tellin ya, all it needs is 1 draw, they know it, that pressure of Having to win each game feeling our breath on their necks will do it, we can do it because we are the Mentality Monsters, we are actually in the better position, we already know that if City win every game it’s all over, and although we need to keep winning ourselves well that’s all we can do, basically it’s City’s to throw away and I think they will, I dunno call it instinct I just know they will drop points to someone.

Y  N  W  A
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2022 09:25:58 am
      Salah hat trick incoming.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2022 10:00:15 am
      Regardless of form i can never ever be confident going into this game. This one normally gets a big build up but it's come along completely under the radar and under-hyped which worries me a little. I think Klopp will rotate, the weekend would have taken it out of a few of the lads and you need fresh legs to really press with the intensity that he wants.

I don't know if Ronaldo will play, it's truly heart-breaking news. If he does play i suspect he and the whole team will have an added level of focus and determination so we have to be 100% on it. 
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #44: Apr 19, 2022 10:09:36 am
      I dunno if it’s just me but does anyone else feel that too much rotation can be detrimental and perhaps we’re better having a set group who rotate regularly rather than bringing in those who may not see regular game time at the best of times,

We’ve seen how Jürgen swaps the top 5 around and Mo always gets the nod, and either has Mane or Diaz for company, or it’s Jota & Mane, etc, I think whoever plays Jürgen has faith with, midfield is a bit different having  so many options obviously, his best three I believe now are Fabinho, Thiago & Naby lad, but before that came to being, we all liked Fabinho, Hendo & Thiago, like Mo, I think Fabinho should be on the team sheet first, and then whatever two, but if say we put with respect a AOC in there or Curtis, Harvey, Taki, we’re not going to get the same levels of artistry are we,

The back Five, or should we say eight more or less sort themselves out, if it’s not Joel it’s Ibra, if it’s not Robbo it’s Kostas, or Gomez for Trent, so I guess what I’m saying is out of what 22 players there’s a core of 18 say who will get fairly regular game time,

Those others on the fringes, like AOC, Curtis, Harvey, Taki, Milner, Divock aren’t going to feature much but remain vitally important, might get a few minutes here and there, but for the most part, won’t?

We just keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll be absolutely fine, City will slip, tellin ya, all it needs is 1 draw, they know it, that pressure of Having to win each game feeling our breath on their necks will do it, we can do it because we are the Mentality Monsters, we are actually in the better position, we already know that if City win every game it’s all over, and although we need to keep winning ourselves well that’s all we can do, basically it’s City’s to throw away and I think they will, I dunno call it instinct I just know they will drop points to someone.

Y  N  W  A

Completely agree with you. Unless we play a League 2 team, I'm not a huge fan of making 7-8 changes. It worked for a while against Benfica, but we also saw we weren't a "unit" defensively. There was a lack of cohesion as the players weren't used to playing together.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Apr 19, 2022 10:19:08 am
      I think Jürgen seems to get his team selections spot on despite not taking advice from our forum.
      We can make major team changes game to game now without weakening the starting XI.
      We are in the final run in now just playing games and recovering is the diet for these players concentration now is everything.
      Come on you reds I can smell the silver polish already

Quick Reply