Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      75 (78.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      9 (9.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 23, 2022 09:54:24 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14474 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 19, 2022 10:25:23 pm
      Thiago 31 this month. Naturally fit by the look of him. Playmaker supreme, intelligent. Like all Spanish players, move the ball so quickly, sees the pass, short or long. Interplay in trio's, quick feet. Sees the space, sometimes he's ahead of the play and just checks untill a player comes into that space to receive the pass.

So sharpe he fits in with whoever Klopp selects in midfield. Brilliant signing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #484: Apr 19, 2022 10:26:43 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #485: Apr 19, 2022 10:27:33 pm
      9-0 over the season
      Drink it in reds 🍻
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #486: Apr 19, 2022 10:28:20 pm

Keith mate, seriously, what’s needed at your club, I know we take the piss and all of that, but I’ve never seen your lot being as bad as this, imo, I don’t think anything will change that much until the Glazers F**k off,
      They are relying on Ten Haag delivering what’s fast becoming the impossible, but what if that doesn’t work, what then ?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #487: Apr 19, 2022 10:28:22 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #488: Apr 19, 2022 10:29:09 pm
      I’ve had the privilege in my lifetime of  seeing these fckers relegated, but this team is absolutely shambolic, and I must say long may it continue 😁😁💥
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #489: Apr 19, 2022 10:29:19 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #490: Apr 19, 2022 10:30:05 pm
      Terrible thing to listen too, can only apologise for some of our scum supporters.

after what the Anfield crowd did for Ronaldo it is just a really bad slight on the City after the weekends disgusting behaviour.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #491: Apr 19, 2022 10:31:41 pm
      9-0 over the season
      Drink it in reds 🍻

I feel smug
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 283 posts | 62 
      Reply #492: Apr 19, 2022 10:31:59 pm

Keith mate, seriously, what’s needed at your club, I know we take the piss and all of that, but I’ve never seen your lot being as bad as this, imo, I don’t think anything will change that much until the Glazers f**k off,
      They are relying on Ten Haag delivering what’s fast becoming the impossible, but what if that doesn’t work, what then ?

If the Glazers would F**k off, Eric C. could be manager. Maybe that would change some basic things. For sure, it would be very entertaining.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #493: Apr 19, 2022 10:32:09 pm
      Second goal, team goal of the season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #494: Apr 19, 2022 10:32:20 pm

Keith mate, seriously, what’s needed at your club, I know we take the piss and all of that, but I’ve never seen your lot being as bad as this, imo, I don’t think anything will change that much until the Glazers f**k off,

I’m not sure I know anymore Billy. Your right about the Glazers though, I’ve said it for many years they wasn’t the right fit. I’m not even sure what Ten Haag will bring, I know he likes attacking football but that’s doesn’t mean anything unless he can think like Klopp-Pep or Tuchel.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #495: Apr 19, 2022 10:32:33 pm
      the speed of Mo Sadio and Luis is just frightening
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #496: Apr 19, 2022 10:33:25 pm
      Question - when we were sh*te and United were the best team around, did we ever put in a performance like that against them? We lost a fair few yes but I always remember us giving them a game at least.

Can't think of any myself. There was that one where Forlan scored a couple in a 4-0 defeat but I think Hyypia was sent off that day. Even 10/11 years ago I remember blasting them off the park at Anfield what with Dirk's hat trick and all. And that was when we were sh*t.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #497: Apr 19, 2022 10:34:25 pm
      I’m not sure I know anymore Billy. Your right about the Glazers though, I’ve said it for many years they wasn’t the right fit. I’m not even sure what Ten Haag will bring, I know he likes attacking football but that’s doesn’t mean anything unless he can think like Klopp-Pep or Tuchel.

its quite simple and you also know the answer. The club has to have the shared values of the supporters and the City they represent it is not rocket science but money people have no soul  and need to learn
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #498: Apr 19, 2022 10:35:34 pm
      9-0 in 2 games and we didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear.

Though most of my life Man U have been the best team in England with fergie. Going into this game I was a bit nervous, I thought they might try to play with some pride and effort after the 5-0. During all their glory years we were always able to give them a game. Their players should be ashamed of themselves. We all hate Man U but I still have some respect for the great teams they have had. This lot are awful, not fit to wear the shirt.

I don't know what to say about this Klopp team, they are the best I've ever seen. Enjoy this time, I can't imagine that it can get any better. Thiago was awesome. The whole team works for each other any walked through this game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #499: Apr 19, 2022 10:36:14 pm
      after what the Anfield crowd did for Ronaldo it is just a really bad slight on the City after the weekends disgusting behaviour.

I know and it’s never nice to hear, the sad reality of it all is that we all have a segment of supporters that bring our clubs down from time to time. I was only knocking my City mates the other day after the crowd noises during the minutes silence before the semi final and now this happens.

I can only agree and say utter scum.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #500: Apr 19, 2022 10:39:35 pm
      I know and it’s never nice to hear, the sad reality of it all is that we all have a segment of supporters that bring our clubs down from time to time. I was only knocking my City mates the other day after the crowd noises during the minutes silence before the semi final and now this happens.

I can only agree and say utter scum.

ah well I guess it is not really a shock. Roy Keane is really speechless on that performance lets hope the same people keep on buying UTD players
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #501: Apr 19, 2022 10:42:42 pm
      I am just so happy and against UTD it makes it all the more sweeter
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #502: Apr 19, 2022 10:49:24 pm
      yeah, i thought the rules say that yellow cant be checked and VAR cant give out yellows. maybe i have misunderstood the rule.

Ref gave a yellow but var checked to see if ref made mistakes by not awarding a red
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #503: Apr 19, 2022 10:52:00 pm
      Far as United are concerned all the players have determination and desire, otherwise they would never have become professional in the first place. But if those qualities are allowed to wilt then you have a problem.

Fight, desire, determination etc..the foundations of a footballer. You can't as a professional pick and choose when you show these qualities. United players have been allowed to get away with under performing since Fergie left, apart from odd periods.

No blame on Rangnick..he's been undermined by the club's eyeing up Ten Hag. He might as well be talking to himself.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #504: Apr 19, 2022 10:55:28 pm

Won’t be easy to shift the Glazers on mate, who has the money to buy them out, even the oil Oligarchs are reluctant, so if your stuck with them what is their plans moving on ?
      I’ve heard Neville going on about a complete restructuring, including either a total revamp of OT, the training grounds included, and obviously a complete rebuild of the team,

He was pontificating how far behind they are with other clubs with half their wealth, obviously City, ourselves, Spuds, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle, etc all have a better infrastructure and training complexes, than at OT, from the outside right now the Glazers are no better than what we had with Hicks & Gillette,

To compound it all, Ten Haag is inheriting a ageing side, from the keeper thru to Cavani most are 30, 30+,  he’s talking about it now on sky, and he’s right,  your a broken club mate and if I’m totally honest I can’t see Ten Haag working out, he won’t be afforded the time needed for such a rebuild, we’re looking  at best part 6-7 years and that’s just to catch up, I think you are worse off than what we were back in ‘92’ when the new league format started.

Properly up sh*t creek without the paddles !!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #505: Apr 19, 2022 10:56:05 pm

Quick Reply