Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      75 (78.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      9 (9.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 23, 2022 09:54:24 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14457 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 20, 2022 02:18:55 am
      Also, just a note on Sadio Mane. He has taken this role of playing in the middle of the front line and made it look as if he has been doing this for years.  His technique, tactical acumen and vision just fit the role so well. Great passes to make the first two goals and then the little bit of movement to get space for himself on the third (and a good strike too) were good enough for my man of the match vote.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #530: Apr 20, 2022 02:36:25 am
      Second goal, team goal of the season.

Just watched it again. TWENTY FIVE passes leading to Mo's goal. The sequence started in their end with Luis winning the ball. We kept possession with Thiago knocking it all the way back to Ali, later Thiago hit a lovely ball about 50 yards to Mo on the right and then that interplay of passes including  a great one by Joel Matip and finally the 25th, that gorgeous over the shoulder hit from Sadio to put Mo in on goal. Gorgeous all around.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #531: Apr 20, 2022 02:44:46 am
      We've been treated to some top class football over these few months, the team is so well balanced and not like some teams where you have one or two players that are the ones that make the difference.

Thiago is one of the best players (if not the best in what he does) I've seen for picking any cross/pass and it landing where the other player needs it to be for them to run onto it, he's unique in the way he does that plus he's tenacious on the tackle, early on he went too far.

Great games to come back from that 12 point gap was it? to win near enough all games and have a much better goal difference. Won a cup, into other cup finals.
      Just so lucky to be supporting Liverpool and being able to watch the footy they play.

Everyone at the pub really enjoyed that game, witnessing great displays like that is always a joy.
       Sure everyone here did too.  ;D
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #532: Apr 20, 2022 05:11:41 am
      Step forward 'Neverton'  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #533: Apr 20, 2022 06:19:39 am

They will offer more than Utd and they are fighting not to be dropped. It says a lot about Utd.

Thiago was brilliant, his vision and technique to make it happen is unbelievable.

Mane and Salah are finding one another which is great. All front three, at least scored and assisted.

We are miles ahead of everyone.

Agent Lallana help us out. We will get you on the bus so to celebrate the previous title ;)
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #534: Apr 20, 2022 07:22:22 am
      Thiago was on another level but big shout out to Robbo , he drove forward so many times and created panic . Superb performance all round .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #535: Apr 20, 2022 07:26:23 am
      well then you were unlucky not to see Shank's teams or sir Bobs teams who broke all records. This team is just so special and it doesnt need to be compared it stands alone and i am just in awe of Jürgen and his team and winning is just so special

Agree, you cannot compere two different teams in two different era’s, ‘Sir’ Bob was a absolute genius, 9 years he managed Liverpool, in that 9 years he won 6 league titles,(premier leagues), 3 European cups(Champions Leagues) when it was a straight knockout competition, 3 league cups, 1 UEFA cup, 1 European super cup & 6 charity shields, I’ve included the charity shield’s cos Mancs includes theirs in their collections, and in those 9 years he also won manager of the year 6 times, that’s 20 trophies in 9 years, but wait, ….

….It took Ferguson 27 years for him to win 19 trophies with Yanited, but is adorned as the best manager ever in British football history, ….but the truth tells a different story doesn’t it ?

I don’t ever see that being surpassed, as good as Jürgen is, and he is, he could be here 20 years(wishfully) and not do it, Shanks was the instigator in all that we see now, in football parlance he was indeed a master craftsman, the training methods he brought with him were revolutionary for that time, like the sweat boxes introduced at Melwood and various other training methods, a first ever FA Cup in ‘65’ and again in ‘74’, 3 league titles between’63/64’, ‘65/66’ & ‘72/73’, a UEFA Cup, our first European trophy, 2 charity shields, 2 shared, and not forgetting of course the philosophy he indoctrinated into our club which we assign all of our successes too over the decades and which Jürgen has reinvigorated from October 2015,

This is special, what we are seeing each and every week with Jürgen and the boys, in 20/30 years time when the bugs, beetles & centipede’s are still running over my skeletal bones, someone on this forum will type something similar to what I just have above eulogising Jürgen Norbert Klopp as a absolute genius, it truly is perhaps once in a lifetime era of success that we are all witnessing, we old fuckers are extremely lucky to have seen all or part of the successes of Shanks & Paisley, so soak it up brothers & Sisters cos this is rare, what a time to be a Red ??

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #536: Apr 20, 2022 07:53:28 am
      Thiago was on another level but big shout out to Robbo , he drove forward so many times and created panic . Superb performance all round .

One of Robbos best performances for a while. Think Tsimikas is probably pushing him on even more. Proper competition within the squad now.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #537: Apr 20, 2022 08:22:17 am
      Very unfair to compare eras. Put some of the great Liverpool players of the past in todays sports science and fitness environment and I think they would match up to any player.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #538: Apr 20, 2022 08:26:57 am
      So on the RedCafe (you have to check it out after a win like that  :lmao: :lmao:) their fans are insisting that the useless kid who would have got a red card if he played any longer than 10 minutes was their MOTM and they are serious. They loved his performance  :f_doh: :lmao:

Seriously... if that's what they are into now.. then the entertainment will continue for years. That kid cost them the 4th goal, and did nothing but run round like a headless chicken and blunder into tackles.

I think they were simply happy someone got close enough to kick an LFC player!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #539: Apr 20, 2022 08:32:09 am
      Apart from 15mins at the start of the 2nd half, we battered them.

Last time I went to Anfield vs United we lost, so was boss seeing us slaughter them. Thiago was top class, what a player!

Now a couple of days to catch up and see some family.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #540: Apr 20, 2022 08:34:50 am
      Also, just a note on Sadio Mane. He has taken this role of playing in the middle of the front line and made it look as if he has been doing this for years.  His technique, tactical acumen and vision just fit the role so well. Great passes to make the first two goals and then the little bit of movement to get space for himself on the third (and a good strike too) were good enough for my man of the match vote.

He is an absolute menace through the middle. So unpredictable too, i'm not sure he knows what he is going to do with the ball half the time so defenders don't have a chance. In fact I wonder if his longer-term future is as a 9? I was split between Thiago and Mane for the motm, i voted for Thiago but could easily have gone for Sadio. That pass for Salah's goal is as good a pass as you will see in world football this season. If there is a better one someone needs to show me it!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #541: Apr 20, 2022 09:07:31 am
      What a team.what a squad,our REDS did us proud and completely slaughtered ManUre. Without a doubt this is the strongest squad we have had for a long time and the beauty of it is the whole squad want to play for each other. I am so proud of our LIVERPOOL REDS.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #542: Apr 20, 2022 09:12:57 am
      Played very well last night exept for the first 15 min at the start of the second half and still looked like we could step up a gear. Lets just keep up the ptessure and see where it goes...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #543: Apr 20, 2022 09:15:20 am
      What a beautiful morning to be a Red. 😁
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #544: Apr 20, 2022 10:13:02 am
      What a time to put those last 2 performances together. Wow! Keep that going and there is not a team out there to stop us.

Great team performance, but F**k me Thiago was like a man possessed 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #545: Apr 20, 2022 10:13:03 am
      Liverpool 1983 would get walloped 15-0 by Liverpool 2022.  Yes, by comparison to our peers  at the time we were the greatest team around by a country mile but this current team would heavily beat them.

I don't think thats a radical point of view.

its nonsense and incredibly disrespectful of the achievements of Sir Bob. I really dont see your point. Football progresses so this team would have beaten the UTD trebles ide 20-0
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #546: Apr 20, 2022 10:18:53 am

Won’t be easy to shift the Glazers on mate, who has the money to buy them out, even the oil Oligarchs are reluctant, so if your stuck with them what is their plans moving on ?
      I’ve heard Neville going on about a complete restructuring, including either a total revamp of OT, the training grounds included, and obviously a complete rebuild of the team,

He was pontificating how far behind they are with other clubs with half their wealth, obviously City, ourselves, Spuds, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle, etc all have a better infrastructure and training complexes, than at OT, from the outside right now the Glazers are no better than what we had with Hicks & Gillette,

To compound it all, Ten Haag is inheriting a ageing side, from the keeper thru to Cavani most are 30, 30+,  he’s talking about it now on sky, and he’s right,  your a broken club mate and if I’m totally honest I can’t see Ten Haag working out, he won’t be afforded the time needed for such a rebuild, we’re looking  at best part 6-7 years and that’s just to catch up, I think you are worse off than what we were back in ‘92’ when the new league format started.

Properly up sh*t creek without the paddles !!

I know fans been trying for years but you know what the yanks are like when they get their foot in the door. Couple of yanks on here also w@nkers  ;D

This last two months I’ve been agreeing with a lot of what Neville says ( rat boy in your terms  :lmao: )  and wouldn’t mind going down that route. However, unless we get a oil rich merchant it’s not happening. I honestly wouldn’t give a F**k what their background was. If it passes the Premier league checks that will do for me.

Have you been to /around the Etihad stadium yet? I kid you not the surrounding complex is unreal. I just know/feel in years to come they will have a class of 92 come through the ranks. It’s a sad thought but without the oil merchants can’t see us getting back to where we belong.

It’s all makes it more astounding what you lot have achieved over the last few years. I still believe City have a better squad than you lot and even if you do go on and win the league i will stand by that. However, for the money you’ve cnuts have spent it is remarkable what Klopp has done.

It remarkable the transfers he’s brought to the club, none bigger than VVD for me as I also still think he’s your No1 talisman. You can miss the likes of Salah and still win games. Not forgetting the likes of Robertson - Diaz- Jota - Becker - Thiago - Konate -  who have all improved under Klopp.

Fcuking hate the lot! of you  :lmao: they say the truth hurts  but facts are facts. Klopp doesn’t have the money of the Chavs and City’s of this world but by the fcuk he spends it well. I really do love Klopp but I’ve told you all that before and getting fed up of saying it.

Now let me sulk in peace for 10 mins please.  ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #547: Apr 20, 2022 10:56:13 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #548: Apr 20, 2022 11:10:50 am
      Brilliant performance last night, a great opener from Diaz, two from Mo, showing he has rediscovered his goal scoring touch a well deserved goal from Mane. The reds ran the show almost from start to finish. I do not remember such a one sided first forty five minutes !

As s**te as United are you can only play what is put out in front of you. Roll on Everton on Sunday !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #549: Apr 20, 2022 11:21:44 am
      Just the type of game we needed to get our concentration back up to the level for the business end of the season, we looked absolutely determined yesterday like a team that will not stop until it lifts all silverware possible.

Boss & his team have done a fantastic job keeping players motivated, rotated & sharp..
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #550: Apr 20, 2022 12:26:27 pm
      The unselfishness on display yesterday by the frontline is what has me most excited. When Diaz first arrived, it seemed the forwards were in 'shoot first' mode in an attempt to prove their goal scoring value as they worried about minutes in a new 5 forward rotation.
      Yesterday seemed the opposite with the forwards feeding each other with one exquisite pass after another, starting with Salah's cross. What shouldn't get lost on that 1st goal was Mane's lead pass into space that ignited that great run by Mo down the right side. Mane has simply been electric the past week, practically infallible.
      Regarding Diaz, I want the ball at his feet as much as possible and driving toward the endline. The man has a knack for creating space and finding trailers entering the box, like Mane yesterday. Frankly, the poor positioning of the trailers has been the limiting factor because Diaz seems always in a position to deliver. With Mane being featured in a more center role, this link up might flourish.
      It is the best of times.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #551: Apr 20, 2022 01:42:32 pm
      Hope you can open this up. Liverpool’s tribute to Ronaldo’s son made the NY Post:

https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/liverpool-fans-h-cristiano-ronaldo/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Quick Reply