Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Everton, EPL; Sunday April 24th 4:30 pm

Read 5722 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Everton, EPL; Sunday April 24th 4:30 pm
      Apr 22, 2022 01:41:24 am
      What does it say about Everton that our only real concern about this match is whether one of their players will injure one of our players?

We have lost two matches in the league, they have lost 18. We have scored 83 goals. They have scored 34. They  have conceded 53 goals. We have allowed 22. We are one point from the top of the table. They are one point from relegation.

But I don't want to overlook Everton's top moments in the rivalry of late. There was Funes Mori breaking Divock's leg. There was Mason Holgate dumping Bobby into the stand and then totally fabricating an allegation of Bobby using a racial slur. There was Jordan Pickford ending Virgil's season with a criminal knee-high challenge, and later in the same game, Richarlison puts in a criminal challenge on Thiago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2T2UXRmnjc

And yes, I'm still angry about each of these. Let's remind them how much more quality we have, but also get through the match safely.

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2022 01:06:13 pm by RedPuppy »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Everton, EPL; Sunday April 24th 4:30 pm
      Reply #1: Apr 22, 2022 02:17:32 am
      Going to this with Diego off this forum. If anyone is around for a bevvy after it give us a shout
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Apr 22, 2022 05:59:41 am
      We can be 4 points adrift when we play this so we need to be on our best form from the first second.

We will beat them!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3: Apr 22, 2022 06:28:48 am
      What does it say about Everton that our only real concern about this match is whether one of their players will injure one of our players?

We have lost two matches in the league, they have lost 18. We have scored 83 goals. They have scored 34. They  have conceded 53 goals. We have allowed 22. We are one point from the top of the table. They are one point from relegation.

But I don't want to overlook Everton's top moments in the rivalry of late. There was Funes Mori breaking Divock's leg. There was Mason Holgate dumping Bobby into the stand and then totally fabricating an allegation of Bobby using a racial slur. There was Jordan Pickford ending Virgil's season with a criminal knee-high challenge, and later in the same game, Richarlison puts in a criminal challenge on Thiago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2T2UXRmnjc

And yes, I'm still angry about each of these. Let's remind them how much more quality we have, but also get through the match safely.
      There is no way on gods green earth that this shower of sh*te will beat us through  class & skill simply because they have neither so yeah my main concern like yours & many other countless reds is how many of our players will they try and maim F***ing GBH FC we should call them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4: Apr 22, 2022 08:51:00 am
      Injuries are my main concern, as is everyone’s I think.
      With Burnley winning last night, there’s massive pressure for them to get something from this game. They couldn’t beat us in a month of Sundays, and they know that. But they could stop us winning by kicking us off the park.
      Just hope the ref is bang on it, and none of this stupid
      ‘ he never gave him a red because it was too early in the game’ give whatever if it’s deserved.
      I can see us picking up injuries, snd them going down to 9 men.
      They are going to hammer in the tackles from the first minute, and as long as that dinosaur Ferguson is training them, that’s how they’ll always be..
      Tread carefully red men and bring home the three points.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Apr 22, 2022 10:03:28 am
      I cannot remember having a week facing first UTD then Everton and feeling so calm and confident it is weird .
      Double shin pads helmets and box required for Sunday.
      This is their game in hand already worse G/Diff than Burnley so hopefully we can damage that a lot more.
      A good break for the lads what team will Jürgen put out as we have no room at all for any mistakes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Apr 22, 2022 10:29:53 am
      Same team that smashed united I reckon.

Then some rotation for champions league game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Apr 22, 2022 10:54:32 am
      Same team that smashed united I reckon.

Then some rotation for champions league game.

definitely just play the game in front of us. But Jürgen makes changes and it always seems to work. The back 4 plus Ali seem fixed but the midfield and the front players can be inter changed and it always seems to work.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Apr 22, 2022 12:02:49 pm
      definitely just play the game in front of us. But Jürgen makes changes and it always seems to work. The back 4 plus Ali seem fixed but the midfield and the front players can be inter changed and it always seems to work.

aye man. Just thinking that for this game, we have actually had a 4 days between games, thats practically a pre-season. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: Apr 22, 2022 12:33:31 pm
      Blue and white sh*te, blue and white sh*te hello hello!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #10: Apr 22, 2022 12:38:13 pm
      Think we will rotate a bit here given the Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday lunchtime week ahead.

Naby and Hendo are the two to have had a rest in the last two so wouldn't surprise me if Thiago is on the bench for this one.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #11: Apr 22, 2022 12:42:57 pm
      First game I look for when the fixtures come out. Let's F***ing tw*t them again!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #12: Apr 22, 2022 04:58:52 pm
      Simply think we will batter Everton, after Tuesday's warm up game ! Like posters point out, we do not want any injuries, need to keep a full squad for the more challenging games ahead. Look forward to the game and another three points on Sunday 😀
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #13: Apr 22, 2022 05:00:29 pm
      I hope we help send these angry bitters down.

Any win will do. Expecting more of a fight from them than what United could muster.

Think Jota starts not sure which of the front boys will miss out to make way for him though.

Naby probably get a game too.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #14: Apr 22, 2022 05:03:35 pm

Back four have options of Matip/Konate and Robbo/Tsimikas without weakening enough to make a huge difference, and the midfield also has a few options, but I think I’d go Fab, Hendo, Tiago, keeping Naby  for midweek. Get it won asap then possibly change Tiago for  Jones or Ox.  Up top we’re spoilt for choice but I think I’d go for Mo, Sadio and Bob if he’s fit. They’re the three that seem to get injured the least, saving Jotta and Louis for late cameos.
      Can only see us winning this, but no doubt the bitters will put in a performance that shows their recent games have been an insult to their sad fans.
      Neve an easy game a Derby, but we are so superior in every department. Even our second eleven.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Apr 22, 2022 06:31:54 pm
      I still think it'll be a tougher game than what we had against the mancs.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #16: Apr 22, 2022 06:34:05 pm
      First game I look for when the fixtures come out. Let's f**king tw*t them again!
      F***ing too right been some heated arguments with bad bitters on site this week & I’m looking forward to Monday morning after we’ve doled out another demolition job.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Apr 22, 2022 06:57:14 pm
      It goes without saying Jürgen will have done due diligence on how best to get the job done, Blueshite are virtually fighting for their premiership lives and we are obviously on track for No20, something has to give, and it will be us, we’ll be giving them a f***in hammering…..again…they simply won’t be able to cope with our attack nor for that matter our mids, and we have one of the tightest defences in Europe never mind in the prem, so Calvert - Lewin and that f***in knobhead Richarlison won’t get a fookin sniff,

It’s not in Fat Frank’s dna to park a couple of double deckers, but on this occasion he doesn’t have much of a choice, so I think he’ll set up as a 4-5-1 and try and thwart our supply from midfield, their best hope is a draw and that will be miraculous,

I would start as thus…….               Alisson
                                                 Trent  Matip Virgil Robbo
                                                             Fabinho
                                                     Thiago      Naby lad
                                                   Salah     Mane      Diaz

When you look at the diff between us it’s chalk and cheese, quite virtually, their heading for the oblivion trap door, we’re on the brink of euphoria, do I feel any sympathy for that f***in lot ? Do I bollocks !!

F**k ‘em’ !!!

RUTHLESS, love that word, and that’s what I want us to be, yes it’s a derby, and yes there usually tight affairs, but the void in class is colossal and they simply don’t have the skill set to cope, so I want us to put them to the sword totally, my sensible  head says 3-0, but my fruitloop slightly melted welly brain says 5-0.

F**k OFF BLUESHITE !!!!

Y  N  W  A
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #18: Apr 22, 2022 07:37:02 pm
      12-0 👊🏼
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #19: Apr 22, 2022 08:37:54 pm
      Hope Virg destroys that w**ker Richarlison
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Apr 22, 2022 09:48:27 pm
      Hope Virg destroys that w**ker Richarlison

should let Konate loose on him. Horrible nasty little man needs putting in his place and that seems like it could be UTD a perfect match then
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #21: Apr 22, 2022 09:54:47 pm
      should let Konate loose on him. Horrible nasty little man needs putting in his place and that seems like it could be UTD a perfect match then

Good shout he would bounce of Ibou hopefully into Row Z
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #22: Apr 22, 2022 11:07:05 pm
      They'll be up for it and you just know they'll play dirty. That's the only weapon they have at their disposal...

Quick Reply