Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      6 (6.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      46 (52.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (2.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (3.4%)
      Divock Origi
      25 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2022 06:23:21 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15570 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 25, 2022 10:46:29 am
      I want Everton relegated after yesterday. Before that, not so. The way they play, they are disgrace to the premier league. I can go on, but me don't have to say more.

Agree, the antics portrayed by them were of desperation, they were quite virtually fighting for their premiership lives, but others who have gone before them who also fought for their premiership lives never resorted to the antics we all witnessed yesterday,
      That for me is a measure of what lies within, sh*t always rolls downhill, they are so desperate to hang onto premiership status and the wealth that comes with it knowing that their move to their shiny new shithole will be seriously hampered financially, they may well be ok what with parachute payments but they will fall well short for any kind of rebuild,

They know how much sh*t they are in, and it couldn’t happen to a better club, their main hang up is thinking that they are a still a ‘Big Club’ where in fact lesser clubs than them have brought success to their shores, like the Wigan’s & Leicester’s of this parish, instead of accepting that their status of being mediocre at best is a better fit, and operating as such,

I think I’m right in saying that Blueshite are the longest serving club in the premiership, that’s about to end, 🙏, I’m thinking that Leeds are of a similar size club and look what happened to them thanks to a certain Martin Risdale, trying to run before they could walk, and like them I hope they have a similar fate waiting for them, 🙏.

Bye Blueshite

Y  N  W  A
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #622: Apr 25, 2022 10:53:19 am
      That Gordon made TAA look as slow as Milner to be fair.

I don't think it was that bad mate. Trent is no slouch, fact that he gets up and down as much as he does is amazing. He is puts in a shift every game. He's going to get caught out of possition but the Boss acepts that risk as Trent offers much more going forward. Gordon was getting the odd run at us, that's because they were trying to hit us on the counter and that was their only option. We delt with it well enough.

I mean we all know what Trent brings to this team but the odd time it will cause us a problem or two.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #623: Apr 25, 2022 10:55:44 am
      Everton came with the mentality they were beaten before a ball was kicked and did everything to minimize the damage. A hiding by 5 or 6 would have left their fans angry now they believe they were robbed how funny is that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #624: Apr 25, 2022 11:02:06 am

I really hate these posts because they instil pressure on refs and the media will push this fact further and it may harm us.

It is that number because the other teams do not come to play us, just they are happy with a draw. We play with a high line too so the team will fall offsides in so many instances.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #625: Apr 25, 2022 11:04:41 am
       :-[
      I want Everton relegated after yesterday. Before that, not so. The way they play, they are disgrace to the premier league. I can go on, but me don't have to say more.

Seen a lot worse from Everton over the years. They had little option but to sit deep. It was good prep for us with the Villarreal game coming up. How to deploy Diaz against Villarreal could be key.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #626: Apr 25, 2022 11:20:17 am
      Everton came with the mentality they were beaten before a ball was kicked and did everything to minimize the damage. A hiding by 5 or 6 would have left their fans angry now they believe they were robbed how funny is that.

Yes and Rafa would've prepared a better game plan. Lampard isn't the best in these situations. He's an attacking natural off the cuff type manager. Cunning fox like savvy was needed but Lampard didn't have his defenders totally wound up. A shutout has to have everybody fighting every ball. They let us build up as we liked. No press to speak of. They were slow to react a few times. Ace up our sleave is Diaz. Such a clever player.

Thanks to Everton in one sense that we are now fully prepped for Villarreal,  but they will work harder than Everton.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #627: Apr 25, 2022 11:35:54 am

:lmao:
       ignoring the first part of my post Keith doesn’t make it go away, how convenient you chose to ignore it, could it be cos it’s fact rather than some made up bullshit, look I know it hurts mate but it is what it is, some of the antics of your club’s players past and present really do cast a slur on your clubs integrity!!

I know Billy but it doesn't stop at my club. You lot have issues with past players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #628: Apr 25, 2022 12:12:51 pm
      Yes and Rafa would've prepared a better game plan. Lampard isn't the best in these situations. He's an attacking natural off the cuff type manager. Cunning fox like savvy was needed but Lampard didn't have his defenders totally wound up. A shutout has to have everybody fighting every ball. They let us build up as we liked. No press to speak of. They were slow to react a few times. Ace up our sleave is Diaz. Such a clever player.

Thanks to Everton in one sense that we are now fully prepped for Villarreal,  but they will work harder than Everton.

Villarreal are also much better than Everton. They defend in numbers but they don't bunker in nearly as much or deeply as Everton did yesterday. Also they have some quality players for getting forward.

There certainly will be more football on display than we saw in the first 60 minutes yesterday.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #629: Apr 25, 2022 01:03:41 pm
      Villarreal are also much better than Everton. They defend in numbers but they don't bunker in nearly as much or deeply as Everton did yesterday. Also they have some quality players for getting forward.

There certainly will be more football on display than we saw in the first 60 minutes yesterday.

Indeed and an early strike will be vital. Prefer to be away but we have to take it on. Front 3 could obviously be vital. Start with Diaz or hold him back. If he starts..Jota or Mane. But yes Villarreal, possible the weakest of the last 4  but still very tough opposition
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #630: Apr 25, 2022 01:04:10 pm

I really hate these posts because they instil pressure on refs and the media will push this fact further and it may harm us.

It is that number because the other teams do not come to play us, just they are happy with a draw. We play with a high line too so the team will fall offsides in so many instances.

One conspiracy deserves another - what if this boy attempting to buy a pen is Harry Kane? This number would not stand.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #631: Apr 25, 2022 01:53:47 pm
      Can't read the article but this headline is hilarious  :lmao:

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-penalty-liverpool-anthony-gordon-pgmol-b2064761.html

Everton seek PGMOL explanation after not being awarded penalty against Liverpool

They're so wound up by losing to us they're going to request an official explanation why their diver didn't get any penalties  :lmao: :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #632: Apr 25, 2022 01:58:07 pm

Why not? Aren’t they that sibling who always feels life is unfair to them and they never get anything out of everything? :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #633: Apr 25, 2022 02:39:51 pm
      Watching Diaz firstly with an overhead kick, to set up Orgi to score the second goal, was brilliant play. What a player Diaz is turning out to be for the reds ! Everton lacked class and with their gamesmanship no longer deserve to be in the top flight of English football.

Good riddance to the Blueshite !
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #634: Apr 25, 2022 02:57:13 pm
      Apparently Allan only completed TWO, yep TWO passes in the 73 minutes he wason the pitch and they were both from the kickoff!!!!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #635: Apr 25, 2022 04:09:04 pm
      Think Jürgen had his tactics and team selection just right for this one , Diaz and Divock perfect subs ,If Konate had been marking Gordon instead of Joel he would have buried him ! Richarlison is a disgrace ,Thiago tackles him and leaves him cold and he starts writhing on the floor , Lampard has not got a clue how to manage his teams .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #636: Apr 25, 2022 04:25:01 pm
      I know Billy but it doesn't stop at my club. You lot have issues with past players.

I’m intrigued mate, can you elaborate to whom you are referring to, genuinely can’t recall any past players of ours who may have brought shame on our club ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #637: Apr 25, 2022 05:19:39 pm

I’m intrigued mate, can you elaborate to whom you are referring to, genuinely can’t recall any past players of ours who may have brought shame on our club ?
      Not so much shame but took advantage of your club. However, that  Cnut Suarez defo brought shame to your club with his antics on the pitch. KK supported him and even got players to wear those t shirts before a game if you remember. Fortunately the truth came out and he was found guilty.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #638: Apr 25, 2022 05:51:16 pm
      Lampard's penalty claim that never was. Cheap shoddy attempt at distraction from being in bottom 3.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #639: Apr 25, 2022 05:51:59 pm
      Told u…. U dr man! With latest stuff as a rule.  :lmao:

Interesting though, explains why he never lost it walking through you lot!  ;D

That was another Liverpool forum BTW before you get on your high horse

Calm down calm down, calm down calm down!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #640: Apr 25, 2022 05:55:22 pm

Matip standing on Gordon's foot. Made it more fun today admitting to the blueshite, that maybe that one was a pen, "but you know if Gordon hadn't of acted like Tom Daley on steds, you might of been given it" just to watch their heads explode.

Great F***ing fun!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #641: Apr 25, 2022 05:56:16 pm
      That was another Liverpool forum BTW before you get on your high horse

Calm down calm down, calm down calm down!!

Not on high horse  ;D  Don’t you know when someone giving you a compliment
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #642: Apr 25, 2022 06:01:49 pm
      ERic Cantona  worshipped and a ex-Con game over
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #643: Apr 25, 2022 06:06:24 pm
      ERic Cantona  worshipped and a ex-Con game over

Mention Ryan Giggs... and the game is over!

Quick Reply