Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Villarreal; UCL Semi-final, April 27th: KO 8pm

Read 4589 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Villarreal; UCL Semi-final, April 27th: KO 8pm
      Apr 26, 2022 03:55:38 pm
      Games coming so thick and fast that we don’t even have a thread started for the small matter of a Champions League Semi Final.

Alisson
      TAA
      Konate
      Virgil
      Robbo
      Fabinho
      Thiago
      Henderson
      Salah
      Mane
      Diaz
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2022 03:59:37 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Villarreal; UCL Semi-final, April 27th: KO 8pm
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2022 04:00:27 pm
      Strange to have the first leg at home but we just about survived the Roma semi which was home first so it can be done.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2022 04:03:32 pm
      Strange to have the first leg at home but we just about survived the Roma semi which was home first so it can be done.

We’ve been superb away from home in Europe this season. Might work in our favour this time.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2022 04:20:19 pm
      I've just been watching the second leg semi final against Barca at Anfield on LFC TV after being 3-0 down from the first leg, what an atmosphere that was, could we engineer a win? we surely did, oh what a night  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: It's really put me in the mood.

Hopefully tomorrow night we can get a good lead to take back to Spain next week, gonna be hard, gonna be tough but we wouldn't have it any other way, full strength team for tomorrow, with Jürgen at the helm, we can do anything.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2022 05:00:50 pm
      last CL game at Anfield this season make some f***in noise.
      Was it 1981 Real in Paris  sounds good to me in 2022 also I dont want to face City in the final so as long as we do our job against Villa Real we can get retribution for 2018 with Mo getting a hatrick.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2022 06:14:30 pm
      Taking my nephew to his first semi final tomorrow, should have been with me in the Barca game but his mam and dad wouldn’t let him finish college early , don’t think he’s forgiven them yet , as any time there’s a mention of it , he brings that night up 💥
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2022 06:29:33 pm
      Confident on this one. We will need to cut the open, they probably will make camp, try to fend us off. We have to shift it quicker than we did in the first half V Everton. One goal won't entice them out, probably not even two.

Diaz from the off or ace up our sleeve. Konate might get the nod as we will get plenty of corners and he could storm in causing mayhem in their area.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2022 07:35:13 pm
      Their basic style is to defend deep and swift counter.
      They won’t open up until they are in their own backyard.
      If we can take a lead to theirs, I think we’ll win as they will have to be more adventurous which will suit us.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2022 07:54:55 pm
      So far this run we got the job done in the first leg in which allowed us kinda coasted our way through the second leg. UCL semi-final I expect Anfield to be loud and intense.

I expect what we seen on the weekend with Everton we will see again with Villareal. We will have a lot of the ball, try to break down a compact defense, looking for fouls and making the game as frustrating for us as they can.

If we can ride the wave of the supporters early and get a goal to not allow nerves/frustration to settle in eith the players a supporters.

-------------------Alisson-----------------
      TAA----Koante-------VvD-------Robbo
      -------Ketia-----Hendo------Thiago--
      --Salah----------Mane---------Diaz

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2022 08:54:23 pm
      Their basic style is to defend deep and swift counter.
      They won’t open up until they are in their own backyard.
      If we can take a lead to theirs, I think we’ll win as they will have to be more adventurous which will suit us.

We owe Emery one after his Serville mob did us in the Europa final in 15-16. He has won the Europa 4 times so he knows how to set up away from home. He'll play on being classed as the underdog, waste time, gang up on Mo. Could play 5 across the back with 4 in front with the lone runner.

Boss might hold Diaz back as his pace might be better used after they have defended for an hour. Only a matter of time till Diaz cuts inside and bury's one in the top corner. But playing Diaz from the off might draw attention away from Mo.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #10: Apr 26, 2022 08:59:12 pm
      We owe Emery one after his Serville mob did us in the Europa final in 15-16. He has won the Europa 4 times so he knows how to set up away from home. He'll play on being classed as the underdog, waste time, gang up on Mo. Could play 5 across the back with 4 in front with the lone runner.

Boss might hold Diaz back as his pace might be better used after they have defended for an hour. Only a matter of time till Diaz cuts inside and bury's one in the top corner. But playing Diaz from the off might draw attention away from Mo.

I can't stand Emery's histrionics on the touchline. Can not be doing with them
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2022 09:01:59 pm
      Does Alberto Moreno still play for them? his first return to Anfield since he left?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12: Apr 26, 2022 09:11:16 pm
      Does Alberto Moreno still play for them? his first return to Anfield since he left?

Yep, but I think he's injured.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Apr 26, 2022 09:12:34 pm
      We know what it means to lift it so there will be no need to tell the players.

We will be focused and we will do our best to succeed and have good foundation for the away leg.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Apr 26, 2022 09:57:25 pm
      I wonder if Everton have done us a huge favour in playing the way they did as I wonder if Villa Real will approach the game in a similar way.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #15: Apr 26, 2022 10:06:18 pm
      I wonder if Everton have done us a huge favour in playing the way they did as I wonder if Villa Real will approach the game in a similar way.

But villa real are more lethal on the break than Everton
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #16: Apr 26, 2022 10:07:49 pm
      They'll definitely sit back and counter, hopefully we can score a goal in the first 25 minutes so they have to come out.

Didn't watch their first game against Bayern but in the second leg Bayern totally dominated them, think they had like 40 shots on target between both legs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Apr 26, 2022 10:10:05 pm
      But villa real are more lethal on the break than Everton

most under 12 girls teams are more dangerous on the break. I just think Jürgen has built this team into monsters never mind mentality monsters they are just monsters who will not accept getting beat.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #18: Apr 26, 2022 11:06:24 pm
      Think those that were celebrating facing these over Bayern might be in for a bit of a shock tomorrow night. They've got a style that will frustrate us - similar to Sunday but with much more quality.

Any sort of win tomorrow will be great, will make them play a different way at their place which should open the game up for us more.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2022 11:31:28 pm
      Think those that were celebrating facing these over Bayern might be in for a bit of a shock tomorrow night. They've got a style that will frustrate us - similar to Sunday but with much more quality.

Any sort of win tomorrow will be great, will make them play a different way at their place which should open the game up for us more.

I fully agree mate, we are well suited for a team like Bayern who are vulnerable at the back, leave space to attack in behind. This lot are cagey, well drilled and dangerous on the counter, plus they've had a week off to prepare for this game.

This will be a very tricky tie. any sort of win tomorrow night will do for me.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2022 12:24:26 am

The intensity will be much higher than it was in the first half V Everton. We want them hanging on by a thread coming out for the second half. Get in even one goal up at half time will put them on edge and feeling pressured. Bite and press at them every time and they will crumble.

Ahhh..the old Bite & Press routine...works every time..induces panic yer see..
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #21: Apr 27, 2022 12:30:34 am
      We're used to the style Villareal will present, we get it nearly every week. Very confident. Mentality monsters is right. We'll be patient, calm and lethal when it matters.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #22: Apr 27, 2022 03:39:00 am
      We're used to the style Villareal will present, we get it nearly every week. Very confident. Mentality monsters is right. We'll be patient, calm and lethal when it matters.

Don’t underestimate Emery he’s more than a one trick pony and they can be dangerous in many ways they’re not just  a low block team. It won’t be easy but will have what it takes to go through.

Quick Reply