Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Villarreal; UCL Semi-final, April 27th: KO 8pm

Read 4592 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Villarreal; UCL Semi-final, April 27th: KO 8pm
      Reply #23: Apr 27, 2022 07:28:41 am
      Don’t underestimate Emery he’s more than a one trick pony and they can be dangerous in many ways they’re not just  a low block team. It won’t be easy but will have what it takes to go through.

I agree, there wil be spells in the game where they play high and press our back line. They have had the weekend off so will have fresh legs. I think we'll win but it will be a tough game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2022 07:43:03 am
      Anfield under the lights gives oppo’s the fright’s, see I’m a poet, but you didn’t know it  ;D, Champion’s league semi final, we have to expect a real battle whoever or wherever we play, Villarreal are the surprise package this year and have taken some notable scalps, but this is where their run ends,

At home we are a formidable hurdle to overcome and away we are the same, so like what Gerns, said, we take a lead going to theirs I think we make the final, I imagine Emery will set up parking a couple of bendy buses across the back and middle and counter attack, he will want the draw or goals against at the minimum, we will need a two goal advantage to take to Spain at least,

Attack attack, attack attack attack, for me and fast out of the blocks, don’t let them settle, get in their faces off the ball and running backwards on it, like I said in a previous post, the team kind of picks itself, maybe minor adjustments here and there, I’m going with thus……..

…….          Starters……..                            Alisson
                                                      Trent    Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                                       Fabinho
                                                              Thiago          Naby la
                                                           Salah      Mane      Diaz

…….           Finishers…….             Hendo, Jota & Bobby, replacing Thiago, Naby & Diaz

Love us to go to Spain 2 up that would be ideal, 3 up would be job done, and face RM in the final, City fu**ed up last night, good watch btw, but conceding three at home won’t exactly give confidence going to the Bernabau, I fancy RM to finish them of at home  :lmao:, tonight is pivotal, we really do need to take as much as we can to Spain along with a clean sheet.

3-0  Mighty Redmen   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2022 07:48:18 am by billythered »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2022 08:38:51 am
      Anfield under the lights gives oppo’s the fright’s, see I’m a poet, but you didn’t know it  ;D, Champion’s league semi final, we have to expect a real battle whoever or wherever we play, Villarreal are the surprise package this year and have taken some notable scalps, but this is where their run ends,

At home we are a formidable hurdle to overcome and away we are the same, so like what Gerns, said, we take a lead going to theirs I think we make the final, I imagine Emery will set up parking a couple of bendy buses across the back and middle and counter attack, he will want the draw or goals against at the minimum, we will need a two goal advantage to take to Spain at least,

Attack attack, attack attack attack, for me and fast out of the blocks, don’t let them settle, get in their faces off the ball and running backwards on it, like I said in a previous post, the team kind of picks itself, maybe minor adjustments here and there, I’m going with thus……..

Fabinho
                                                              Thiago          Naby la

…….           Finishers…….             Hendo, Jota & Bobby, replacing Thiago, Naby & Diaz

Love us to go to Spain 2 up that would be ideal, 3 up would be job done, and face RM in the final, City fu**ed up last night, good watch btw, but conceding three at home won’t exactly give confidence going to the Bernabau, I fancy RM to finish them of at home  :lmao:, tonight is pivotal, we really do need to take as much as we can to Spain along with a clean sheet.

Y  N  W  A

Every time you write
      It gives us great delight
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2022 08:42:52 am
      Every time you write
      It gives us great delight

Can't agree more.
      The poet provides great insights for us to look forward for. ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2022 09:15:53 am
      Thinking Konate is nailed on for this one. I’m foreseeing a 3rd consecutive CL goal for the big man after we get our first corner and put their game plan to bed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28: Apr 27, 2022 10:12:12 am

Fabinho
                                                              Thiago          Naby la

Y  N  W  A

That line up looks good to me billy. As long as the subs are made, only if they are needed. ie injuries, tired legs, tactical change. Not just for the hell of it.
      It sometimes causes disruption to our rythm, and let’s opposition get a foothold in the game, they otherwise wouldn’t have.
      Like v City in the cup game.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Apr 27, 2022 10:20:27 am

Fabinho
                                                              Thiago          Naby la

Y  N  W  A

Hendo is defo starting he did the presser yesterday.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #30: Apr 27, 2022 10:36:23 am
      If you are not charged up after watching this, I have nothing else to say...

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1519236155715162112
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Apr 27, 2022 11:44:37 am
      But villa real are more lethal on the break than Everton

And will still get beaten. But they'll play the same defensive shitbag gameplan as the blueshite.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Apr 27, 2022 11:47:25 am
      If you are not charged up after watching this, I have nothing else to say...

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1519236155715162112

I'd say actually endure one first.

It's more spine-tingling, draining, heart-pounding and taxing on the throat than any vid could ever show.

Tonight will be a tame affair compared to some of the other previous euro-semi's I've been too.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #33: Apr 27, 2022 12:04:51 pm
      Just leaving for the game  have a good day reds .
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #34: Apr 27, 2022 12:10:11 pm
      Just leaving for the game  have a good day reds .

Have a good one mate!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2022 12:20:08 pm
      Part of me cautiously optimistic…..part of me thinks we smash them. Think I’ll go with the second one.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #36: Apr 27, 2022 12:20:37 pm
      Tonight will be a tame affair compared to some of the other previous euro-semi's I've been too.

Always say that I'll never experience noise again at Anfield match like I did for Chelsea in 2005.

On sort of a separate note as well, but in comparison to European nights gone by - The lack of scarves (and red in general) at recent European nights is a bit disappointing. When you look back at footage from the big European games in the mid/late 00s (which isn't too long ago in the grand scheme) it's a sea of red & near enough everyone has a scarf, but fewer and fewer people seem to be making the effort these days. Must admit even I'm guilty of it myself quite a lot, especially the midweek Euro games as I usually just go straight from work.

Not sure if a lot of matchgoers chose not to wear red & bring a scarf as it could look quite daytripper-y & tourist, or if everyone has just started to take these nights for granted since Klopp. Probably a mixture of both to be fair. Think we should all start making more of an effort though because as sad as it may be to comprehend, these days won't last forever
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #37: Apr 27, 2022 01:29:53 pm
      Always say that I'll never experience noise again at Anfield match like I did for Chelsea in 2005.

On sort of a separate note as well, but in comparison to European nights gone by - The lack of scarves (and red in general) at recent European nights is a bit disappointing. When you look back at footage from the big European games in the mid/late 00s (which isn't too long ago in the grand scheme) it's a sea of red & near enough everyone has a scarf, but fewer and fewer people seem to be making the effort these days. Must admit even I'm guilty of it myself quite a lot, especially the midweek Euro games as I usually just go straight from work.

Not sure if a lot of matchgoers chose not to wear red & bring a scarf as it could look quite daytripper-y & tourist, or if everyone has just started to take these nights for granted since Klopp. Probably a mixture of both to be fair. Think we should all start making more of an effort though because as sad as it may be to comprehend, these days won't last forever

Should be refused entry if you havent got a scarf. I’m not one for wearing replica shirts, but I never ever went to a match without a scarf !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Apr 27, 2022 01:34:16 pm
      The euro nights atmosphere and cauldron of noise, is usually better when we’re at home for the second leg and a goal or more down.
      If we don’t score relatively early tonight, there’ll be a lot of anxiety, that’s when the crowd go quiet.
      We need to be on it from the start, full bore, 100% riot of
      Noise.  That’ll get the lads so going !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Apr 27, 2022 01:36:13 pm
      think our lads feel invincible at the moment not at all arrogant just like a heavyweight boxer at his peak he can take shots from anyone and still beat them.
      We know what we up against tonight and its two legs so we cannot win or lose the tie tonight but a good win even 1-0 is enough to take there .
      Fancy a few special performance tonight though.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Apr 27, 2022 03:01:23 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #41: Apr 27, 2022 03:23:15 pm
      Any of you lot about be good to put a face to the name 👍
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Apr 27, 2022 03:37:42 pm
      Any of you lot about be good to put a face to the name 👍

All I could see is a red mist, anti social behaviour was that.  ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #43: Apr 27, 2022 03:46:07 pm
      All I could see is a red mist, anti social behaviour was that.  ;D

Haha 😂 I meant this evening 🤣
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #44: Apr 27, 2022 04:24:56 pm
      Do not know much about our opponents Villarreal tonight apart from them having a very decent manager in Emery. Still as ever going for victory for the reds by a two goal margin. Hope Diaz starts simply fantastic to watch  !
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #45: Apr 27, 2022 04:27:36 pm
      Like to see Joe Gomez get some game time tonight at some stage , Start with Trent then for last 25 bring on Joe , Konate has to start to save Joel for the title run-in , apart from that same as Everton game for me ,settle for a 2-0 tonight

Quick Reply