Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

What's our last transfer mistake?

Read 5908 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: What's our last transfer mistake?
      Reply #46: Jul 21, 2022 06:09:25 pm
      Keita will be the biggest one if he does not have a good season this time, not that he was bad but the investment was substantial.

Not everything worked out. Davies did not play one minute; Kabak was not good enough, Solanke never lived up to expectations but it does not matter that much, we spent little on them and even made some profit. But Keita, if he flops, it's millions wasted. 

It'll be Karius because of the final. Forget money, Karius literally threw away our chances in Kiev.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #47: Jul 21, 2022 06:47:08 pm
      El hage diouf or however it’s spelt, Signed by Rafa I think.
      Had his moments but on the whole, big waste of money.

Horrible bas*ard he was. One of 2 ex reds I absolutely hate along with suarez
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Jul 21, 2022 06:56:40 pm
      Horrible bas*ard he was. One of 2 ex reds I absolutely hate along with suarez

I love the crying over Suarez. Still one of the best footballers I've seen play at Anfield.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Jul 22, 2022 01:59:17 pm
      I love the crying over Suarez. Still one of the best footballers I've seen play at Anfield.

FFs HR, imagine  that crazy genius playing under Jürgen, like you I’m loving the crying over our Luis, my only beef with him is how he left us, but what a f***in player, he really was a crazy genius and for most totally mis-understood, despite those biting incidents I still think he is one of our best ever signings, all that racist sh*te sponsored by those two Cnuts Evra & Fergie, was a deliberately ploy to hound him out of the Prem, cos he was a threat, never forget his come back after the ban, if you remember that season every home side walked down the line shaking the opponents hands, every game, every fixture except that one at the toilet, the only one that entire season where the away side, us had to do the walk, just so that Cnut Evra could refuse to shake Suarez’s hand, in full view of the Sky cameras, so as it looked like Luis pulled his hand away,

Even some of our own hate him, something I’ll never ever understand !!

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: Jul 25, 2022 10:13:29 am

FFs HR, imagine  that crazy genius playing under Jürgen, like you I’m loving the crying over our Luis, my only beef with him is how he left us, but what a f***in player, he really was a crazy genius and for most totally mis-understood, despite those biting incidents I still think he is one of our best ever signings, all that racist sh*te sponsored by those two Cnuts Evra & Fergie, was a deliberately ploy to hound him out of the Prem, cos he was a threat, never forget his come back after the ban, if you remember that season every home side walked down the line shaking the opponents hands, every game, every fixture except that one at the toilet, the only one that entire season where the away side, us had to do the walk, just so that Cnut Evra could refuse to shake Suarez’s hand, in full view of the Sky cameras, so as it looked like Luis pulled his hand away,

Y  N  W  A

this 100%.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #51: Jul 25, 2022 10:16:46 am

Take your point completely mate as a pure footballer. He ain't no legend at this club. He wasnt here long enough and he didnt do anything whilst he was here to get the 'legendary' tag and plenty to cement him never being one. Origi is a legend ...  little luis , along with diouf the biggest 'c*nt' I've seen play at anfield. That's how I remember him.

When I think of the attacking talent I've seen run out at anfield, Rush, Dalglish, Barnes, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Mane, Salah etc .... he's not in there league. These lads whilst at this club conducted themselves with class.

The only legacy suarez left here was shame. Made up the day he bit his way out of the club.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #52: Jul 25, 2022 10:23:40 am

Y  N  W  A

Y  N  W  A

Ooohh let's see.

The constant diving ... feigning injury. The constant sly studs left in on opposing players knees and calves.

The fact he spent all that time suspended.

The fact he went on strike and tried to force a move to arsenal. I bet you hate coutinho for going on strike don't you. And coutinho contributed far more here than little Luis.

The way he embarrassed the king on more than one occasion. Don't get me started on those stupid t-shirts in support of a c*nt.

Then after his strike and sulk he bit his way out of the club.

And let's not forget he celebrated against us and behaved like the c*nt he is in the semi final.

Then he took out Robertson like the c*nt that he is ... and had a snug look on his face like it was the best thing in the world. Wasn't so smug at the end was he.

I loved the way he was dumped out of barca. Karma catches every c*nt in the end and this thug is probably the biggest I've had the misfortune to have to see playing in our famous Red shirt.

No class, no dignity ... out for himself. It was a great day when he left. I'd rather have an origi ... at least he contributed something meaningful whilst he was here.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Jul 25, 2022 10:42:05 am
      Take your point completely mate as a pure footballer. He ain't no legend at this club. He wasnt here long enough and he didnt do anything whilst he was here to get the 'legendary' tag and plenty to cement him never being one. Origi is a legend ...  little luis , along with diouf the biggest 'c*nt' I've seen play at anfield. That's how I remember him.

When I think of the attacking talent I've seen run out at anfield, Rush, Dalglish, Barnes, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Mane, Salah etc .... he's not in there league. These lads whilst at this club conducted themselves with class.

The only legacy suarez left here was shame. Made up the day he bit his way out of the club.

Bit harsh Don. Suarez is a flawed genius. That obviously means there are two forces at play here. You have to balance out those two forces. You are giving the 'flawed' part of Suarez too much clout. You prerogative, but most look at the genius side of his character. I'm probably 80/20 on the genius side.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #54: Jul 25, 2022 11:12:10 am
      Some of my fave times as an LFC fan were watching Suarez play.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #55: Jul 25, 2022 04:34:14 pm
      Ooohh let's see.

The constant diving ... feigning injury. The constant sly studs left in on opposing players knees and calves.

The fact he went on strike and tried to force a move to arsenal. I bet you hate coutinho for going on strike don't you. And coutinho contributed far more here than little Luis.

The way he embarrassed the king on more than one occasion. Don't get me started on those stupid t-shirts in support of a c*nt.

And let's not forget he celebrated against us and behaved like the c*nt he is in the semi final.

Then he took out Robertson like the c*nt that he is ... and had a snug look on his face like it was the best thing in the world. Wasn't so smug at the end was he.

I loved the way he was dumped out of barca. Karma catches every c*nt in the end and this thug is probably the biggest I've had the misfortune to have to see playing in our famous Red shirt.

No class, no dignity ... out for himself. It was a great day when he left. I'd rather have an origi ... at least he contributed something meaningful whilst he was here.

Tbh the Kop gave the best response that night against Barca with the "F**k off Suarez" chant, that absolutely rattled him, I even remember him turning his head looking at the Kop in a shocked "wtf" look.

When he was with us, he was our c**t........

Still a world class player that nearly dragged us to a league. Just put a ball in front of him and the magic happened.

He's just that type of player without the flaws he wouldn't be what he was.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2022 06:33:58 pm by HUYTON RED »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #56: Jul 25, 2022 08:24:00 pm
      Some of my fave times as an LFC fan were watching Suarez play.
      Agree 100% mate. Never got to see him live though unfortunately. I remember when he was really at his peak and he had that outrageous game against Norwich and scored 4 goals. I couldn’t watch it on tv, might have been a 3pm kick off, and I was watching Soccer Saturday. The guy following - was it Merson? - was lost for words when he scored his hat trick goal, saying it was even better than his first which was a 35 yard volley. Then he finishes it off with a free kick. Not to mention he assisted our other goal.

Surely that 13/14 season was the best individual season from any Premier League forward - 31 goals despite being suspended for the first 5 games. And some seriously stupendous goals. What about that header against West Brom? He just done things that other players can’t.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #57: Jul 25, 2022 08:30:52 pm
      Agree 100% mate. Never got to see him live though unfortunately. I remember when he was really at his peak and he had that outrageous game against Norwich and scored 4 goals. I couldn’t watch it on tv, might have been a 3pm kick off, and I was watching Soccer Saturday. The guy following - was it Merson? - was lost for words when he scored his hat trick goal, saying it was even better than his first which was a 35 yard volley. Then he finishes it off with a free kick. Not to mention he assisted our other goal.

Surely that 13/14 season was the best individual season from any Premier League forward - 31 goals despite being suspended for the first 5 games. And some seriously stupendous goals. What about that header against West Brom? He just done things that other players can’t.

I seen him a few times and each time he was F***ing magical.

Against United in his first season with a special mention (Kuyt's hat trick game)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #58: Jul 25, 2022 08:59:15 pm
      Yes his behaviour left a lot to be desired at the end , but there is no doubt over his goal scoring prowess , his will to win and ultimate skill level , that 13/14 season the man was damned unplayable , I think that one goal think it was against Newcastle where he took that long ball over his shoulder controlled it and rolled it in just showed the absolute skill on the man .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2022 09:18:00 am

same never seen live, but watched every game on TV. Amazing season. What a brilliant team driven by suarez and stevie G.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2022 12:04:17 pm
      Ooohh let's see.

You been on redcafe haven’t you fella, I mean how else would you describe one of our the best players in recent times, this is  the kind of sh*te borne from the likes of that shitehole,
      No one is arguing over some of his antics or behaviour, because that’s exactly what fans of other clubs think of when we’re discussing Luis Suarez, but if your a dyed in the wool Red, and have seen what that crazy genius was capable of, all of the rest don’t f***in matter, crawl yourself back under that rock f**ker, your clearly one of those who only sing when we’re winning, and right there is the reason for spouting such utter sh*te, typically!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2022 01:46:44 pm
      Quote from Don77

The way he embarrassed the king on more than one occasion. Don't get me started on those stupid t-shirts.

And let's not forget he celebrated against us and behaved in the semi final.

Origi ended his time here as 7th choice upfront, behind Minamino in the pecking order. Great finisher and scorer of important goals yes, but an awful lazy footballer in general, totally unsuited to Klopp's style of play. I'm sure he'll do a good job somewhere, but it was never going to be here. 

Despite his flaws, Suarez was and still is one of the best forwards in the world, who has scored everywhere he's been. It would have been great to see how him and Torres would have developed as a partnership, but unfortunately we'll never know.

He celebrated a goal against us, because he scored a goal against us, as players do every year. Usually I switch to LFCTV while the opposition are celebrating against us, but  their celebrations should not be something to hold against them, especially as we won the tie, but the rare times we concede when I am at a game, I just look away from the centre of attention. I thought the chant was best reserved for the likes of Sterling.

Karius. He was nowhere near as good as mignolet (who obviously was nowhere near ali's level) . Karius was a disaster and I've no idea why Jürgen kept faith with him.

Even the best make the odd mistake. And to be fair ... after the debacle in Kiev it was corrected ... and some.

At least he put himself in the firing line. Yes he made mistakes and he faced the consequences, but he won't be the first or the last to. Grobbelaar made many mistakes in his time here, big ones in big games that resulted in goals conceded and games lost, but he was still No. 1 here for over 10 years, and as we won so many trophies, nobody cared much about his mistakes at the time. There was no Twitter then, and no death threats dished out to him after every error.

Davies contributed nothing at all to the club, therefore he was worse than the lot of them.

Quick Reply