Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villarreal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      4 (5.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.7%)
       Fabinho
      7 (9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      40 (51.3%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (7.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (7.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (5.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: May 01, 2022 09:49:39 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Villarreal CF: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9376 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Villarreal CF: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Apr 27, 2022 10:52:11 pm
      Two minutes of sheer brilliance sealed this first leg tie at Anfield tonight, we had to be so patient in that first half but we persevered and got our just reward, what an amazing team we have here, the best ever? I think they could just be that.

Bring on the second leg and Aussie Red, I think you can be booking those flights to Paris  ;)

Wonderful amazing, strong, passionate, togetherness as a team, they've got it all  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Thiago - my man of the match again, followed closely by Fab  :clap:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #323: Apr 27, 2022 11:23:11 pm
      They will have to attack in the second leg leaving more spaces, I can see the reds scoring and going to the final without too much trouble next week !
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #324: Apr 27, 2022 11:57:29 pm
      2-0 lead in a European Cup semi final, 1 point off the top in the league, Carabao Cup already in the bag and an FA Cup final to look forward to.

Not bad considering our season was over in January and the squad needed overhauling 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #325: Apr 28, 2022 12:36:05 am
      Let my brother take my nephew after the Benfica balls up so armchaired it tonight. Total control, two goals. Nick a goal over there and if would be safe to say job done.

They were always gonna play them tactics, it's what got them through against Bayern, so they were always going to be very negative.

Will be a slight bit different over there as they have to come out at us and that should suit us nicely.

Villareal have had a good run and got a pilgrimage to see the Yellow Submarine at Speke Airport.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #326: Apr 28, 2022 01:27:14 am
      First off Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn .

2-0 and we were in cruise control that whole match.

Doesn't mean job done but God, we have to feel slightly more confident about our chances after seeing them pose no real threat whatsoever. Maybe different ball game with that Gerard Moreno fella back, their home patch and I'm sure they, as all European Teams seem to have against us, will have another Ref trying his best to get us knocked out, on their side!!! But I just know we will score over there, so hopeful of getting through to that Final and bring on whoever it is!!!

Two minutes of sheer brilliance sealed this first leg tie at Anfield tonight, we had to be so patient in that first half but we persevered and got our just reward, what an amazing team we have here, the best ever? I think they could just be that.

Bring on the second leg and Aussie Red, I think you can be booking those flights to Paris  ;)

Wonderful amazing, strong, passionate, togetherness as a team, they've got it all  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Thiago - my man of the match again, followed closely by Fab  :clap:

Oh Cas, feel like I have one foot on that plane already Hun, just don't want to jinx anything, but please God, let it happen!!!

Come on Boys 8 games left in the Season. let's win the whole F***ing lot!!!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #327: Apr 28, 2022 02:00:12 am
      Someone voted for Alisson.....put his boots on and that was it basically..

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #328: Apr 28, 2022 03:20:11 am
      Would've loved a third goal, but good result and we really are playing well.

Back to the league now.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #329: Apr 28, 2022 05:14:31 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      Only thing missing in that pic is a doobie !!  :lmao:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #330: Apr 28, 2022 05:39:49 am
      Imagine going to their ground nil nil with them tactics or non football they play, crafty or whatever from them to get this far but they need dumping into the bin for that last night then assuming here but it'll be Man City in the final, bloody heck man, can't let them win a Champions league cup ever, heavy responsibility for LFC but lets do both things, can't stand Man City, we are here to save football now, whoa flippin heck.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #331: Apr 28, 2022 06:02:39 am
      Guys I know we have the second leg to come but, in my eyes it’s done, there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance they are scoring three past us without reply at their gaff, just not going to happen is it ? Now call me a wee arrogant sh*te if you want but that’s how I see it, and if you are honest with yourselves you will too,

It’s a great result for us that two nil, but I wanted that third, to put it completely out of sight, and to have a more fitting score for the lads efforts, nads were utterly and completely worked off in those 93 minutes, except Ali, has there ever been a keeper with as little to do in a CL semi before?

I think the aura we have as a team, and playing under the Anfield lights got to them, psychologically beaten as they walked from the tunnel, it mattered not a jot what Unai Emery’s pre match speech was, even he looked beaten as he took his seat before the Ref’s first peep,

We had this back in the 70’s & 80’s, where opponents were rabbits in headlights when facing us, and that was Villarreal last night, they were too cautious and it cost them, now they have a even bigger mountain to climb and home advantage won’t make any difference, they will still have to face the mentality monsters and that aura we hold, will they do to us what we did to Barcelona ?  Got more chance of that cnut Kelvin McKenzie printing the truth !!

So break out yer wee a French phrase books, we’re off to gay Paris in the Spring for another CL final with Royal Madrid,

Bon jour mother fuckers  ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Tu ne marcheras jamais seul
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #332: Apr 28, 2022 06:32:45 am
      What a result, we have a really good foundation for next leg. I would drop VVD for it not to be suspended in the final.

We are playing the best team football, we reduced our egoistic traits.

Thiago and Henderson were MOTM.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #333: Apr 28, 2022 06:59:25 am
      Complete control of the entire game. Now to get the job finished in the 2nd leg.

Thiago’s form since his return from injury is unplayable. Looks to have become a master of the slide tackle too!
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #334: Apr 28, 2022 07:06:12 am
      What a result, we have a really good foundation for next leg. I would drop VVD for it not to be suspended in the final.

In a million years, VVD should and will not be dropped in the 2nd leg. Rest assured.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #335: Apr 28, 2022 07:44:13 am

3 yellows carry a match suspension, not 2. Yellow cards were cleared after the QF so Virgil won't miss the final if he gets another.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #336: Apr 28, 2022 07:46:43 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      Only thing missing in that pic is a doobie !!  :lmao:

Hahhahahha

Will bring it to him when I get there mate!  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #337: Apr 28, 2022 08:30:59 am
      Well fuckadoodledoo another fantastic win.

RED MACHINE marches on !!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #338: Apr 28, 2022 09:00:18 am
      3 yellows carry a match suspension, not 2. Yellow cards were cleared after the QF so Virgil won't miss the final if he gets another.

If you right, then it's fine :)

In a million years, VVD should and will not be dropped in the 2nd leg. Rest assured.

I would prefer to play the other against Villareal then City or Real, but I hope that leosc is right!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #339: Apr 28, 2022 09:44:32 am

It is.   The only way you could miss a final is if you get sent off in a semi-final.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #340: Apr 28, 2022 10:40:30 am
      See Unai Emery’s post match presser, he said maybe we will need to change tactics in the second leg, and be more attacking, hmmmm, but that will only leave spaces for them.

The look on his face and the tone of his voice, seemed like a beaten man 🤷‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #341: Apr 28, 2022 12:38:42 pm
      Ian Doyle said that some sections of Liverpool supporters still dont get Jordan Henderson ????? is this true I thought he was highly thought of and plenty of people sang his name . Jürgen plays him particularly when its a difficult or important game . I think once he stopped trying to be Stevie's replacement he has flourished and has been right at the heart of every piece of success we have had in the past few years.
      I voted for him MOTM but I could have voted for the three midfield players as a group they were perfect last night and collectively look like a perfect midfield three.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #342: Apr 28, 2022 01:13:11 pm
      Ian Doyle said that some sections of Liverpool supporters still dont get Jordan Henderson ????? is this true I thought he was highly thought of and plenty of people sang his name . Jürgen plays him particularly when its a difficult or important game . I think once he stopped trying to be Stevie's replacement he has flourished and has been right at the heart of every piece of success we have had in the past few years.
      I voted for him MOTM but I could have voted for the three midfield players as a group they were perfect last night and collectively look like a perfect midfield three.
      Who is Ian Doyle and why should anyone hold what he says as gospel or whatever? Seems like a way for him to say something to seem high and mighty.
      By now everyone knows what Henderson brings to the team, he's been here for so long and gave us everything.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #343: Apr 28, 2022 01:29:47 pm
      Who is Ian Doyle and why should anyone hold what he says as gospel or whatever? Seems like a way for him to say something to seem high and mighty.

Cos he's been reporting on Liverpool for a while i.e for the old Daily Post, a national and I think now the echo.

So no he's not saying anything high and mighty, he just knows his sh*t and has contacts at the club!!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #344: Apr 28, 2022 01:45:31 pm
      Cos he's been reporting on Liverpool for a while i.e for the old Daily Post, a national and I think now the echo.

So no he's not saying anything high and mighty, he just knows his sh*t and has contacts at the club!!
      I think I remember who that guy is, he's the whinger I see on Liverpool podcasts bald blonde serious face guy?, and yep he does say stuff like that to seem above everyone, can't stand him. He talks absolute crap from what I've heard from him, feel free to adore him though.

Quick Reply