Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool, Premier League; 12:30 pm, Saturday

Read 3859 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool, Premier League; 12:30 pm, Saturday
      Apr 29, 2022 02:00:44 pm
      In case you've forgotten. Another game Saturday.  I expect changes
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2022 08:09:27 pm by RedPuppy »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool, Premier League; 12:30 pm, Saturday
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2022 02:25:31 pm
      Early Saturday kick off is never fun. Add in a resurgent Newcastle and basically 2 days rest after a CL semi-final and you’ve got a difficult afternoon.

Anyway these lads continue to make mugs off us whenever we doubt so fully expecting another win and pile the pressure on City.

Ali
      Trent
      Matip
      Virg
      Tsimikas
      Fab
      Hendo
      Keita
      Salah
      Mane
      Jota
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Apr 29, 2022 02:56:30 pm
      Difficult game but they might, as I suggested, be slightly over confident. Had they been in with the likes of Everton fighting for survival, they might've been much tougher opposition.

They have improved, but if it is an open game and we don't beat them, we can't complain.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2022 03:17:24 pm
      Go and smash then lads.

Defo will see a few changes.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2022 03:26:26 pm
      Difficult game but they might, as I suggested, be slightly over confident. Had they been in with the likes of Everton fighting for survival, they might've been much tougher opposition.

They have improved, but if it is an open game and we don't beat them, we can't complain.

Yeah I think the same. Can't see Eddie Howe sitting back, even against us. Theoretically there should be a lot more chances in this game than there were in our previous two fixtures
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2022 05:08:59 pm
      Going to be a tough game for sure, fully expect instant pressure from them for the first 10 or so minutes. It will take us some time to work our magic, but we will definitely win
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2022 05:53:59 pm
      I might give this one a miss and go for a long walk not sure I have the nerves for all of these games each one being a final in its own right.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2022 06:00:55 pm
      I might give this one a miss and go for a long walk not sure I have the nerves for all of these games each one being a final in its own right.

Come on enjoy every game we have at the moment it’s great being a Liverpool fan
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2022 06:24:00 pm

Agree and understand both points of view!! Supporting your team that is losing and not competing for trophies is stressful and so is being on the verge of title #20 and European Cup # 7.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2022 07:12:55 pm
      Tough game so soon after our win on Wednesday night. Hopeful of all three points taking the fight to City all the way !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Apr 29, 2022 07:59:06 pm

its not the game or the result its all these f***in experts waiting in the wings to pounce as soon as we slip up so they can gloat.
      Those cu*ts on talkcrap were saying surely they will win more than the league cup this season . Win lose or draw makes no difference to me I will always support the team I just cant stand all these sycophants .
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #11: Apr 29, 2022 08:10:17 pm
      its not the game or the result its all these f***in experts waiting in the wings to pounce as soon as we slip up so they can gloat.
      Those cu*ts on talkcrap were saying surely they will win more than the league cup this season . Win lose or draw makes no difference to me I will always support the team I just cant stand all these sycophants .

Easy way around that to be fair - Swerve listening to Talksport & just watch the game 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Apr 29, 2022 09:09:43 pm
      Easy way around that to be fair - Swerve listening to Talksport & just watch the game 😂

its not just them they are all hovering around like vultures saying they want us to win whilst hoping and praying we fail
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #13: Apr 29, 2022 09:47:51 pm
      I think we will see 3 to 4 changes to the side from mid-week. I expect Jota, Ketia and Matip to slot back in along with either Gomez or Tsimikas replace one of the full backs (then in the Villareal I expect the other fullback to rotate in).

Really don't know what to expect from Newcastle, have not seen much of them but they have got some good results over past few months but Howe style of play based on his Borumouth days always suited us well and hoping for the same tomorrow.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Apr 29, 2022 10:06:01 pm
      1230 kick off, away from home, straight after a Wednesday night CL tie against a team that have found some form. Will be a tough one to say the least!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #15: Apr 29, 2022 11:39:25 pm
      Looking at Newcastle’s team they are basically bang average but high in confidence.

I think we will win 2-1 and it’ll be deserved.

Alison
      TAA
      Robertson
      VVD
      Matip

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Thiago

Salah
      Jota
      Mane

I also think city will absolutely hammer Leeds...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2022 12:23:56 am
      1230 kick off, away from home, straight after a Wednesday night CL tie against a team that have found some form. Will be a tough one to say the least!

Obviously, teams are not supposed to be going for four trophies but this fixture schedule is absolutely brutal.  Barely have time to watch the highlights of a game and then we're at the other side of the country playing another game.

It's intense for us so must be mad for the coaches and players.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2022 12:24:16 am
      Just hope we can maintain or scintillating form.
      12:30 Sat ko after playing mid week is scandalous. This could have been the late ko to give us a bit more recovery time. Especially as we have to travel away as well.
      Barcodes aren’t great but they’ve had a few decent results lately so will be confident.
      Still think we’ll have too much for them, but it’s gonna be tough.
      Think it will be pretty open but we’ll wear them down and overcome in the second half.
      0:3 to the mighty red men 💪
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2022 12:37:41 am
      Obviously, teams are not supposed to be going for four trophies but this fixture schedule is absolutely brutal.  Barely have time to watch the highlights of a game and then we're at the other side of the country playing another game.

It's intense for us so must be mad for the coaches and players.

Imagine if we'd also had the European SuperCup, Charity Shield and Club World Championship also to play in the same season

Like We Will Next Season!!!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2022 12:58:43 am
      Refresh the team and let's go again. Jota should have had a good rest and be bursting to get in on the action. Naby lad should be starting too. No 4-3 style game please.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2022 03:25:47 am
      12.30 pm after playing a europian match during the week is nuts, how are players supposed to get rest and recuperation? We seem to steamroll everyone in our path these days so I know it's tricky still but please lets complete all games this season in the professional manner they deserve. i.e us winning all games, got to be done now, lets get all 4 cups. For celebration of Klopp staying for a couple more years.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #21: Apr 30, 2022 03:39:41 am
      We have a one in a generation coach and a group of players who will run through fire for him , the impossible dream is most certainly on , magnífico.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #22: Apr 30, 2022 04:21:57 am
      Klopp will want some fresh legs in this one. I expect the team below, with Matip, Tsimikas, Keita, and Jota coming in.

------------- Alisson ----------------
      Trent - Matip - VVD - Tsimikas
      ----------- Fabinho ------------------
      ------- Keita --- Thiago/Hendo --
      Salah ------ Jota ------ Mane/Diaz

Gomez got a few minutes against Villarreal which to me signals that Trent was being managed a bit to start against Newcastle. It also gave Gomez some minutes against Villarreal so he doesn't go in cold against them in the away leg which would be the best opportunity to rest Trent given that we don't necessarily need to score.

Conversely Robertson played the full 90 against Villarreal so I think he'll sit this one and then play Villarreal and Spurs.

Back 4 vs Newcastle: Trent-Matip-VVD-Tsimikas
      Back 4 vs Villarreal: Gomez-Konaté-VVD-Robertson

The tricky bit is how to manage the midfield. Keita will definitely come in, but you need to manage minutes for Fabinho/Thiago/Henderson. It would be great if Jones/Elliott/Ox/Milner can play some minutes while still getting a result here, Klopp may just have to put one of them in given the short recovery time from Wednesday-Saturday.

Up front it should be fairly straightforward with Salah an everpresent, and Jota coming in after not starting against Villareal. If Firmino is fit he should start centrally, otherwise it's one of Diaz/Mane.

Quick Reply