Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Villarreal v Liverpool; UCL Semi-final, May 3rd: KO 8pm

Read 3233 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pre-Match: Villarreal v Liverpool; UCL Semi-final, May 3rd: KO 8pm
      Reply #23: May 03, 2022 02:56:39 pm
      Would imagine Konate comes in and possibly Tzimikas. Would imagine Henderson starts instead of Naby with a more defensive mindset with a lead of two goals . Up front Mo will definately start probably with Jota and Mane
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2022 03:40:43 pm
      Love to know what kind distance TAA and Robbo travel in a typical game and how much farther they run compared to traditional backs at their positions. Seems they are running 80 meter sprints in both directions all game long, every game. Amazing conditioning.

Tonight....
      Villarreal will come out pressing this time. They have to.
      Playing passive again, this time in front of their home supporters, would be a declaration of surrender.
      LFC needs to survive the initial flurry, and let natural order eventually take hold.
      Our lads are the fittest on the planet and Villarreal can't go toe to toe for 90 minutes let alone 45.

What an amazing time this is, one massive game after another.
      Imagine what Diaz must be thinking these days.
      Six months ago LFC helped knock out Diaz and Porto from the CL, and now Luis Diaz is 90 minutes away from possibly starting in the CL finals with LFC, not to forget possibly winning two other trophies as well.

Right to point out our physical strength but Spanish teams run non stop as well, but do we press high or just defend just 5-10 yards into their half. We never really park the bus, obviously we will drop deeper, but our back 4 do still keep a high line.

We trap players offside probably more than most and it requires discipline and a great one on one keeper and we have the BEST in Alisson. Matip is great at going forward but might not start tonight, Konate might get the nod.

Still I'm on 4 out of 4....1-3 for the 5th.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #25: May 03, 2022 03:46:52 pm
      I'm not actually nervous about this, which might not be a good sign. I might be once I see our starting eleven though!  ;D

I just hope we'll score early on, so we don't need to overexert ourselves.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #26: May 03, 2022 04:05:16 pm
      I'd like to think we will score first, and early, tonight which will be a big relief but knowing the way Liverpool approach these events that doesn't seem realistic!

I live in hope though.

If the first leg had ended 0-0 I'd be confident of us progressing so at 2-0 up you just have to hope that Liverpool's players are sensible and experienced enough to know what to do.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #27: May 03, 2022 04:41:46 pm
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #28: May 03, 2022 05:58:16 pm
      I'm certain they'll throw everything at us in the first 20 mins or so to try and get a goal or two to put the tie level, so concentration is all important to keep the Yellow Wall at bay and to silence the crowd too who will be baying for our blood.

I think once the initial tempo drops Liverpool will be able to take control and play at their pace.

Full strength team to start and hopefully once we get the lead we can swap around a bit and keep legs fresh.

One foot in the final but it won't be easy, but I am quietly confident.

What an amazing season it's been and could be made even more special tonight with a possible trip to Paris, the city we won our 3rd European Cup in...bring it on !! Come on  you mighty reds  :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: May 03, 2022 06:06:08 pm
      Something to get you in the mood (and to remind us not to take anything for granted re having the lead):

https://twitter.com/Nicocantor1/status/1521522950666661888

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: May 03, 2022 06:06:34 pm
      Head says 1-1 European away result, heart says 3-0.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #31: May 03, 2022 06:19:33 pm
      Get through this and we will play the maximum number of games possible in a season. Incredible achievement.

Come on reds!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #32: May 03, 2022 06:20:50 pm
      Something to get you in the mood (and to remind us not to take anything for granted re having the lead):

https://twitter.com/Nicocantor1/status/1521522950666661888

Jeez, aren't they bloody dramatic, no wonder these foreign players throw themselves all over the pitch, when the commentators behave like that  :roll:

Quick Reply