Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villarreal?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      92 (90.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: May 07, 2022 09:50:48 pm

Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19768 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: May 04, 2022 12:01:30 am
      Get the f**k in, what a turnaround!

This team has so many ways to win games, it’s absolutely incredible

YES mate
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #737: May 04, 2022 12:05:16 am
      Although anyone could have made those changes. We were so bad and our failures were obvious to everyone.

If you can't see that they were very, very good in that first half, probably as good as anyone against us in recent times, then I can't help you. Yes we were bad but the way they played made 8/9 of our players in that first half look average. That doesn't happen. The fact that they had F**k all left in the 2nd half showed how much they put into the first 45.

We won.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #738: May 04, 2022 12:07:31 am
      Few of you guys are obsessed with drama and trying to get negative reactions.

Enjoy the night and be positive please. Find some happiness in life.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #739: May 04, 2022 12:15:50 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #740: May 04, 2022 12:19:21 am

Mad, that.

Evertonians will try do something with that. Guaranteed!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #741: May 04, 2022 12:20:41 am

Another stat - if I heard it correctly - did they say that we have never lost a game that Konate has started for us?

I mean, we've only lost a few games this yhear anyway, but that is still pretty impressive.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Reply #743: May 04, 2022 12:46:31 am
      I don't know if he watched and neither do you.

You're the one who asked the question.

You're saying that "we don't know either way" in one sentence, then strongly suggesting that he's not watching in the other.

;D If we don't know either way, why speculate then?

I'm slightly confused as to why you would ask to begin with, if you clearly don't believe he watched?

Why not just say I don't think he watched?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022 12:52:05 am by PastorGeek »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #744: May 04, 2022 01:48:20 am
      You're the one who asked the question.

You're saying that "we don't know either way" in one sentence, then strongly suggesting that he's not watching in the other.

;D If we don't know either way, why speculate then?

I'm slightly confused as to why you would ask to begin with, if you clearly don't believe he watched?

Why not just say I don't think he watched?

I don't think he watched.

You are the one making a big deal out of it.

I'm the one putting you on Ignore.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #745: May 04, 2022 02:49:39 am
      First half was so worrying, thought we could turn it around with a half time team talk and changes maybe, but that first half we were lumping the ball forward in hope, like a long ball team, crap to watch, they seemed to have 2 extra players in all areas, but yay man, we came through regardless, what a result.
       What coaching ey. glad for everyone, atmosphere was so great in the pub when our goals went in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #746: May 04, 2022 03:17:37 am

I wish he would go far, far away from this club. An absolute wankstain of a human being. Whether he watched or not doesn’t matter because he’s a tw*t.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #747: May 04, 2022 03:19:39 am
      I wish he would go far, far away from this club. An absolute wankstain of a human being. Whether he watched or not doesn’t matter because he’s a tw*t.

Just trying to revel in some good publicity after such a bad season.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #748: May 04, 2022 04:52:15 am
      Once Thigao/Fabinho/Ketia found their touch and were able to control the play and pick out passes it allowed us to expose the space left by Villareal. First goal probably should of been stopped by the keeper but once we got that flood gates opened.

With the games coming fast makes it hard to appreciate what we are witnessing at the moment. Watching post match celebrations seem very subdued compared to Rome in 18 and Anfield 19 to me shows the experience and attitude that we been here before and on to the next one. I can understand the 2019 being a bit emotional with the fashion we won and being at home but it just something a noticed (While Diaz new to the team was in teams about the result).

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #749: May 04, 2022 05:01:44 am
      It's a golden period.  Even the team that got 98 points and finished second.  It's just incredible when we come to look back on it.  We all get caught up in the 'we should have beat Newcastle more than 1-0' and even half time here tonight when we were all panicking but they will end up writing books about this period and we will forget the minor details of it all.

When I was a kid Liverpool were amazing, and after many many years of averageness I've now got kids of my own who are just about old enough to enjoy this like I did.  I feel incredibly privileged about that.

You're totally right. My father is 50 and in Malta in our past golden times, it was only listening to the radio.

I was born in 91. I never have enjoyed our success on a long period. I just remember the 01 treble and the 05 Istanbul miracle ( I was 14).

I am enjoying every second of this team.

We were below average in the 1st half but thank God, most of the players have experience both the ugly of UCL 18 and the success of it year later.

Diaz is a very good buy, his energy is so refreshing and gives us something else.

Let's lay back tonight and enjoy the match knowing we are already there :D.

Motm is Diaz, he flipped the match.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #750: May 04, 2022 05:26:34 am
      Anyone that was patient enough, could have guessed what would happen. Emeri selected a full front, all attack approach with very high tempo and much energy consumption in the first half. Typically when he does that, we makes 5 changes up to the 65th min, to try and keep the pace and with nothing to lose, to defend deep in the last 20-25 mins and hope for the best.
      We showed that when WE decide to play with high energy and pace, simply we can demolish anyone in 10-15 mins and nothing can stop up.
      3 finals and 1 point behind...now I understand what Jürgen meant when he first arrived. "From doubters to believers". We 'll do it
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #751: May 04, 2022 06:53:21 am
      With you.

What pisses me off in all of this excellence, though, is that we'd have absolutely cleared up if not for a dirty cheque book, dodgy surveillance of rule breaking when it comes to transfers and a good cheque book manager. Not enough has been done and not enough said about it.

Anyway

Up the f**king reds.

As me dad used to say: "MIGHTY"

Spot on mate, that really bugs me too. The history books will show that there was a competition between us and City with the trophies won between us over this period, but they’ve cheated their way to theirs.

We should have cleaned up, but hey ho, onto another final in Paris I’ll settle for number 7!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #752: May 04, 2022 06:53:36 am

I must have missed this, who are we talking about ? Genuine question.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #753: May 04, 2022 07:01:00 am
      Wow...What a team. The situation doesn't matter. Whatever it is Jürgen counters it, makes a move and its the perfect move. He consistently reads the game and makes the perfect corrections. What a manager. I thought Diaz was a good player. I thought he would compliment what we have and instead he has become a force of his own. Its early...but he could go down as Jurgens best transfer. I think he is amazing.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #754: May 04, 2022 07:08:21 am
      Villareal players tried to hustle our players by running close to them.  That required a lot of strength and energy.  They are not such a high press team and they can only sustain that for just half of the game. (This is indeed familiar to the old Liverpool team in Jürgen's first couple seasons.) In the second half, they were exhausted, could not even chase the ball from our players.  This made us easy to get 3 goals back.  Players' strength and energy are the deciding factor of winning this game.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #755: May 04, 2022 07:12:08 am
      I think Diaz is the fastest among our front players.  Jürgen strategically sub him in in the middle of the second half to out-run tired opponents and this works in a number of games.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #756: May 04, 2022 07:27:25 am
      I think Diaz is the fastest among our front players.  Jürgen strategically sub him in in the middle of the second half to out-run tired opponents and this works in a number of games.

It's a good point that off the bench he is so dangerous whereas others less effective. Of course the arguement is that people will not want him on the bench as he needs to be starting but maybe that was the thinking that he would expose their tired legs more
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #757: May 04, 2022 07:28:37 am
      Come May 28 hopefully gonna be LFC, AC Milan, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O’Sallivan ;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #758: May 04, 2022 07:50:54 am
      Thought we had blown it poor in the first half so many were off their game. Diaz should have started the difference he made one on. Salah was shocking AGAIN he needs dropping to make hin realise how poor he was and needs to make up his mind about staying. Jotas form is worrying

Quick Reply