Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villarreal?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      92 (90.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: May 07, 2022 09:50:48 pm

Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19035 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Re: Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: May 04, 2022 08:55:48 am

Thought we had blown it poor in the first half so many were off their game. Diaz should have started the difference he made one on. Salah was shocking AGAIN he needs dropping to make hin realise how poor he was and needs to make up his mind about staying. Jotas form is worrying

The poor first half has nothing to do with individuals, but how the whole team on the pitch played collectively. Before any player is being singled out, do go through the entire JK post match interview which JD has posted. Jürgen mentioned specifically that the turnaround is not about Jota or Diaz, but how we played into Villareal's hands tactically in the first half. AGAIN, I did not make this up. Jürgen said it himself in the video. AGAIN, do contact Jürgen at the AXA if there is further disagreement.

As for Mo, he provided Fab for our first goal and scored 8 CL goals this season. How shocking was that. He contributed to our ticket to Paris. Enough said, me off to Paris.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #760: May 04, 2022 09:08:45 am
      For some reason, yesterday felt a little underwhelming. But it's now sunk in... WE ARE IN THE CHAMPION'S LEAGUE FINAL!!! ...AGAIN!!  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #761: May 04, 2022 09:32:19 am
      Amazeballs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #762: May 04, 2022 10:24:36 am
      I must have missed this, who are we talking about ? Genuine question.

LeBron James. Our celebrity investor 🙄
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #763: May 04, 2022 10:36:55 am
      LeBron James. Our celebrity investor 🙄

And therefore he is in it for the money.
      Do some of us seriously think he really coverts the PL and CL and the quadruple?
      It's all about the money. As for awards, he has his NBA rings!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #764: May 04, 2022 10:44:21 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #765: May 04, 2022 10:44:36 am
      I think Diaz is the fastest among our front players.  Jürgen strategically sub him in in the middle of the second half to out-run tired opponents and this works in a number of games.

He really should have started or come on earlier, they couldn't handle his speed, hindsight is a wonderful thing!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #766: May 04, 2022 10:49:55 am
      He really should have started or come on earlier, they couldn't handle his speed, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

We would be confirmed winners of the quadruple in hindsight!!!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 366 
      Reply #767: May 04, 2022 10:49:58 am
      The poor first half has nothing to do with individuals, but how the whole team on the pitch played collectively. Before any player is being singled out, do go through the entire JK post match interview which JD has posted. Jürgen mentioned specifically that the turnaround is not about Jota or Diaz, but how we played into Villareal's hands tactically in the first half. AGAIN, I did not make this up. Jürgen said it himself in the video. AGAIN, do contact Jürgen at the AXA if there is further disagreement.

As for Mo, he provided Fab for our first goal and scored 8 CL goals this season. How shocking was that. He contributed to our ticket to Paris. Enough said, me off to Paris.

I dont think Kloppo is going to dig anybody out in the media, but when it comes down to the biggest games I think we all know our best XI contains Diaz
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #768: May 04, 2022 11:09:06 am
      Great come back in the second half  when all looked lost ! Maybe Diaz should have been on from the start. Although  the main thing going on to the final, after such a poor first half performance. As regards the penalty incident Alisson went for the ball, therefore penalty not given although looked a close call in real time. Another great come back from a team that never gives up !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #769: May 04, 2022 11:10:53 am
      So one client said to me, in the first half we looked as bad as united. 😳

Well we never looked that bad, and we never threw in the towel either.

And on to another final 😊
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #770: May 04, 2022 11:13:44 am
      Hi Stuey! Indeed his speed and his winning mindset was hard to control.

Klopp sees him as a game changer and his introduction lifted the team, accelerated the game, gave what exactly needed at that moment.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #771: May 04, 2022 11:23:06 am
      Hi Stuey! Indeed his speed and his winning mindset was hard to control.

Klopp sees him as a game changer and his introduction lifted the team, accelerated the game, gave what exactly needed at that moment.

Kalimera Nikos, exactly the mindset the manager had no doubt!
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2022 11:39:31 am by stuey »
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #772: May 04, 2022 12:02:42 pm
      Kalimera Nikos, exactly the mindset the manager had no doubt!
      Kali sou mera phile mou Stuey! Right, Klopp knew had the right tool at his disposal to convert this mindset on the pitch into another glorious football night in the club’s history….until the next one

Any opponent preference tonight?
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2022 12:08:00 pm by nikos »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #773: May 04, 2022 12:14:42 pm
      I thought last night we categorically got caught with our pants down, no two ways about it, Villarreal did to us what Brentford did to us way back in I think August, and became only the second team this season to play us at our own game, and had us if your honest, just a tad worried, the amount of effort that it took completely knackered them for the second half, and just as fookin well,

We looked completely at sea, couldn’t string a run of passes together, some couldn’t pass 5yards, others like Naby akin to a fish up a tree, and what were we all shouting for, Naby off, Hendo on, and we were all f***in wrong, who else seen the introduction of Diaz as the solution ? Not many benny if any, or Kenny, ( I know, I know, my poetry is stunning)🤪,

I dunno but how do we go from first half Zombies to a efficient well oiled machine in the space of 15 minutes? It’s like flicking of a switch and suddenly we came to life, and all because of one change, one alteration up front where most of us were looking at midfield, I remember saying to myself Hendo will be on soon, he’s just taking a longer to warm up, then the camera shows Diaz preparing to come on and thought why so early, then after 5 minutes I knew, and what a sub he was,

What we seen last night first half I thought should have been second half last week, but didn’t happen, and with all intents and purposes was Villarreal’s downfall, they needed a foot hold but didn’t get it, so last night for them was all out attack and it worked to a extent, trouble was, they didn’t have the gumption to continue second half, and by the time we released Diaz on them and we sprung to life it was already too late, drawing level on the night was the final nail in their coffin,……

……At this point is like to congratulate Villarreal for all their efforts, to reach the semi final of the CL for them is a remarkable achievement, it’s like Plymouth winning the premiership, not only did the reach the semi, they beat Juventus, and Bayern Munich en route, and played with dignity, integrity & honesty, they are a credit to La Liga, and shown us real respect in both legs, so well done to them, the Yellow Submarine are a fantastic club.

So we are in our Tenth European cup Final, our third in Five seasons, that in itself is remarkable, normally I wouldn’t be too bothered who we meet in the final but I really do hope it’s RM, not that I’d be worried about Citeh, it’s just that we owe these cnuts big style and what better way for gaining revenge than to batter them in the final, it seems Mo feels the same, understandable considering what happened last time with that dirty b***ard Ramos, we won’t forget Mo’s tears as well as those howlers from Karius, this time will be different, they still had that aura about them at the time and we as Jürgen so eloquently put it, were running on three legs, RM are obviously a different animal too but although still very dangerous, I think in a one V one winner takes all, of course I’m gonna say the Mighy Redmen, Red tints or not I honestly believe we will be bringing home No 7.

Bonjour Bonjour gay Paris

Allez Allez Allez

Y  N  W  A
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #774: May 04, 2022 12:19:14 pm
      Kali sou mera phile mou Stuey! Right, Klopp knew had the right tool at his disposal to convert this mindset on the pitch into another glorious football night in the club’s history.

Any opponent preference tonight?

On their night RM or City are fearsome opponents my friend so we will have to have the right players in the line up with the best attitude, hopefully Jürgen has taken something from last nights early scare.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #775: May 04, 2022 01:08:18 pm
      I’m not bothered who we get from a football sense, but if city are stopped from getting to the final, that will truly make my day.week, even season.
      They just don’t deserve it, due to them flaunting the rules that everyone else is governed by.
      If you’ve got enough money, and you line enough pockets to defend your corruption and wrong doing, there’s no stopping you is there.
      It just doesn’t sit right with the rest of the football world, and everything they win is tainted.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #776: May 04, 2022 01:13:32 pm
      On their night RM or City are fearsome opponents my friend so we will have to have the right players in the line up with the best attitude, hopefully Jürgen has taken something from last nights early scare.
      My sentiment too.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #777: May 04, 2022 01:23:56 pm
      I’m not bothered who we get from a football sense, but if city are stopped from getting to the final, that will truly make my day.week, even season.
      They just don’t deserve it, due to them flaunting the rules that everyone else is governed by.
      If you’ve got enough money, and you line enough pockets to defend your corruption and wrong doing, there’s no stopping you is there.
      It just doesn’t sit right with the rest of the football world, and everything they win is tainted.

Imagine if we have a shirt deal that is sponsored by Etihad and Anfield is called Etihad. That sounds so wrong. City would obviously win the CL final. If you get me drift. And you’re right. Where does this stop?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #778: May 04, 2022 01:34:07 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #779: May 04, 2022 01:34:20 pm
      Part of me thinks Virg will pocket Benzema so it's a matter of stopping Modric and Kroos (no small task). I suppose I want to play RM because I'm tired of City being right there all the time and I'd love for them to lose yet again on a huge stage.

But....there's part of me that wants City so we can beat them in another final. They haven't beat us this year to this point so to me it's just a touch hollow if they somehow win the league (they won't) knowing they never beat the 2nd place team.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #780: May 04, 2022 01:36:31 pm
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 732 posts | 121 
      Reply #781: May 04, 2022 02:04:56 pm
      I am old enough  :( to remember our wonderful times dominating Europe in the distant past and during those times, my beloved Liverpool FC were a brilliant team.
      Although I can no longer go to matches my support from the armchair hasn't diminished! (Nor has my shouting at players/officials/managers and anyone else). This team of ours have given me so much happiness in the last few seasons, my wonderful club back at the top of the pile where they should always be.

Last night though I confess to having a bit of a hissy  :mad: during the first half! I was sat wondering who were the clones in red whose faces looked exactly like they should do but their passing (or lack of it) and decision making was definitely not the team I have become used to seeing.

Like many I was calling for Hendo cos despite Naby Lad's recent run of form I thought he was terrible and Thiago's normal slick through the eye of a needle passes had obviously not been put in the suitcase by the kit man.  These two were not the only ones, Virg usually unflappable was not at his imperious best, and Robbo and Trent didn't cover themselves in glory either! In fact the whole 11 appeared to have been hypnotised into forgetting how to play their beautiful high pressing in opponents face  football.
      That said hats off to Villareal who gave their loyal followers something to shout about and kept the mighty Reds quiet in that first half.

But in Jürgen  ;D we trust and his question 'Why are you not playing the football you have played all season' must have struck home! A perfect 45 minutes and the dazzling Diaz's introduction once again gave new life to the Liver Bird!
      He simply has to be the best signing of the season on the planet!

Time again to bring Big Ears home - this bird is deffo back on her perch! :D

Quick Reply