Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villarreal?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      92 (90.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: May 07, 2022 09:50:48 pm

Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19036 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Villarreal CF 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: May 05, 2022 06:08:06 pm
      Fact is, Citeh fu**ed it in the first leg, conceding three at home taking only a one goal advantage to Spain was never going to end well, although I reckon every man and their camel thought they were heading for Paris on 90 mins, I myself was about to F**k it off until they scored that goal, 2 mins later it was 5-5 and knew Citeh were fu**ed,
      Pep G is a very good cheque book manager, but he’s a sh*te tactician, and dare I say quite naive for someone as experienced as he is, I’m not going to praise him like pundits do for operating without a recognised striker,(what is Jesus then?) we’ve been doing the same for 5 seasons, but don’t get sucked off by the pro Manc media,

He took off KDB his best player if I remember just after the hour, first mistake, then he took off Jesus the only f**ker likely to score, then threw on the dummy from Brummy brain dead Grealish and Super Cnut Sterling, neither are likely game changers are they, although the ball was miraculously cleared off the line in one incident, but they were left rudderless by Pep,

To be fair tho, Citeh were the better side on the night, but their manager’s tactical ineptitude and silly subs at silly times cost them, all in all they proved once again that when it comes down to the level of performance required in the CL final stages, they f***in bottled it………………Again, 6 times now, you would have thought lessons would have been learned by now wouldn’t you? but then I suppose in Pep’s mind chucking money at it might just solve it for him !!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #829: May 05, 2022 06:10:45 pm
      Fact is, Citeh fu**ed it in the first leg, conceding three at home taking only a one goal advantage to Spain was never going to end well, although I reckon every man and their camel thought they were heading for Paris on 90 mins, I myself was about to f**k it off until they scored that goal, 2 mins later it was 5-5 and knew Citeh were fu**ed,
      Pep G is a very good cheque book manager, but he’s a sh*te tactician, and dare I say quite naive for someone as experienced as he is, I’m not going to praise him like pundits do for operating without a recognised striker,(what is Jesus then?) we’ve been doing the same for 5 seasons, but don’t get sucked off by the pro Manc media,

He took off KDB his best player if I remember just after the hour, first mistake, then he took off Jesus the only f**ker likely to score, then threw on the dummy from Brummy brain dead Grealish and Super Cnut Sterling, neither are likely game changers are they, although the ball was miraculously cleared off the line in one incident, but they were left rudderless by Pep,

To be fair tho, Citeh were the better side on the night, but their manager’s tactical ineptitude and silly subs at silly times cost them, all in all they proved once again that when it comes down to the level of performance required in the CL final stages, they f***in bottled it………………Again, 6 times now, you would have thought lessons would have been learned by now wouldn’t you? but then I suppose in Pep’s mind chucking money at it might just solve it for him !!

Every man and their camel :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #830: May 05, 2022 06:51:04 pm
      Fact is, Citeh fu**ed it in the first leg, conceding three at home taking only a one goal advantage to Spain was never going to end well, although I reckon every man and their camel thought they were heading for Paris on 90 mins, I myself was about to f**k it off until they scored that goal, 2 mins later it was 5-5 and knew Citeh were fu**ed,

Don't think they messed up in the 1st leg, they won the game. It's just the way they saw out the 2nd leg is what cost them for all the reasons you've stated.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #831: May 09, 2022 07:38:49 pm
      Quote from Keny
      Villareal players tried to hustle our players by running close to them.  That required a lot of strength and energy.  They are not such a high press team and they can only sustain that for just half of the game. (This is indeed familiar to the old Liverpool team in Jürgen's first couple seasons.) In the second half, they were exhausted, could not even chase the ball from our players.  This made us easy to get 3 goals back.  Players' strength and energy are the deciding factor of winning this game.

They were not exhausted. Most of them didn't play at the weekend, and If the score was 1-0 at half time instead of 2-0, they would have continued where they left off. No, in the second half the aggregate was level so they reverted to their default mode of park the bus. That's what Emery does. Then when we demolished it with 3 goals in 12 minutes, they had no response. It's nothing to do with tiredness, they're essentially just a bunch of Premier League rejects and we are one of the best teams in the world. So for the 2nd time in 6 years, we sunk the submarine at the semi final stage.

Quote from Scottbot
      I'm delighted it's not City. Had it been, i think the fact they have not won the comp might have been an advantage BUT I also felt they were the better team in both of our league games this year despite both being draws. I just hate playing them, you go so long without the ball and they are the one team in world football who can regularly play their way through our press. Madrid are obviously no mugs and with all their history and the incredible comebacks this year, they will be very hard to beat BUT City should have buried them in the first leg with all the chances they created.

But they didn't. When Real asked the hard questions you need to answer in order to win this competition, they cracked. That could easily be us in a few weeks time when Real ask questions because it is going to happen, and unlike with Villarreal at half time, there will be no mercy this time.

I absolutely hate the prospect of facing Real Madrid at this or any stage, because I'm fully aware of what Real can do in this competition and have done, and tbh I'm not confident of winning it, but nobody else was good enough to get to the final so there's no alternative. Whoever wins the final will be the 20th time between the two of us in the competition, which is 20 times more than the bookies favourites every year.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #832: May 15, 2022 09:59:31 pm
      Going to be a tough final. Real Madrid also have European magic themselves.

But no honour, no karma.   Ramos betrayed his club.

https://ronaldo.com/football-news/sergio-ramos-got-away-with-murder/

We will reap what he dishonourably sowed.

PARIS = LFC VICTORY
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2022 10:14:00 pm by YNWA_Mastery »

Quick Reply