Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Saturday, May 7

Read 4165 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Saturday, May 7
      May 06, 2022 02:21:01 am
      Four games left in the battle for the Premier League title and Saturday we face I think our toughest bout of the run-in, against a potent but inconsistent Spurs team.

The same team that lost at home recently to Brighton also dealt Man City their most significant home loss of the league back in February. We drew with Spurs at their place back in December.

They are a capable side but of course we are one of the two (three?) best teams in the world (my vote is #1 but the next few weeks will determine). We can rely on our savvy and our firepower to get the needed result. I would expect Henderson and Diaz to return to the starting lineup, possibly Matip as well.

Let's go boys!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022 11:51:58 am by JD »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 2:45 pm, Saturday, May 7
      Reply #1: May 06, 2022 08:00:21 am
      Had a boardroom ticket for this one but sacrificed it to go o :lmao:ut all day come back with a Kebab and fight to keep my eyes open after numerous lagers  :lmao:
      Would like Konate in this for his pace . Henderson will probably return possibly for Naby and expect Diaz to start
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: May 06, 2022 09:59:09 am
      Our REDS just have to carry on doing what they have been doing-winning,we have the squad to beat Spur sand any other club for that matter, I have every faith in the lads to secure the 3 points.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3: May 06, 2022 11:26:46 am
      Im confident we’ll win this as long as we keep shackles on Kane. Virg will deal with him up top, but when he drops deep, it’s the feed to Son we need to make sure we cut off.
      He’s got pace and can finish, and it’s usually Kane who sets him free. Close that down and I’m sure we’ll win.
      I’ve gone for 3:1, and I desperately need a 7 pointer in the predictions.
      Back 4 could include Matip or Konate. Midfield i’d like to see Fab, Tiago and either Naby or Hendo.
      Up top, I’d go for Salah, Mane and Diaz. Think them front three from the start, would keep spurs back four and half their midfield on the back foot.
      Press press press, keep a high tempo, and I’m sure we’ll do it.
      Gotta work tomorrow but hoping to be home in time to watch it.
      Think this is our most difficult of all the games left now.
      Win this. And I’m sure city have to have some mental anguish after Wednesday. Hoping the best they get is a draw 😂
      COME ON YOU RED MEN !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: May 06, 2022 11:38:36 am
      Spurs gave us a proper workout earlier this season.  Tough game, sh*t kick off time, players minds possibly turning to the upcoming finals. 

Seems weird but of the next six games this is the one I'm least confident about.  And by least confident what I mean is I'm about 60% confident!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: May 06, 2022 11:44:50 am
      7:45pm this one Robby.

Saying that, glad this one is at night under the flood lights, will make for an extra atmosphere and we should get the job done!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Saturday, May 7
      Reply #6: May 06, 2022 12:20:21 pm
      This game is worrying. We usually play a high line with offside trap. Spurs have runners in their attack, who probably know how to time their runs like Man City. Once through they will have more 1 v 1 opportunities against Ali.

We will have to control the ball all the way to minimise this. The battle would be in midfield. It has to work. Perhaps a high scoring game on the cards with Kane buying a pen or two and immunity against sending off.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: May 06, 2022 01:07:39 pm
      Any reason for the strange kick off time?

Trickiest league game left this. They'll sit back, try and ride their luck like they did against City and then hit us on the break with their top class forwards. Key will be not letting Kane the time and space to influence things.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #8: May 06, 2022 02:38:40 pm

Saying that, glad this one is at night under the flood lights, will make for an extra atmosphere and we should get the job done!

Should have a European night atmosphere this game considering what’s riding on it...just need to keep Song quiet..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: May 06, 2022 02:50:30 pm
      Any reason for the strange kick off time?

Trickiest league game left this. They'll sit back, try and ride their luck like they did against City and then hit us on the break with their top class forwards. Key will be not letting Kane the time and space to influence things.

TV want more money, pure and simple.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #10: May 06, 2022 03:34:27 pm
      They got in behind quite a few times in the away game so Ali will need to have his wits about him to sweep away the danger. They also seem to be in good form and obviously have a shrewd manager with top 4 pivotal for their future plans so this is a tricky fixture for us. Under the lights though at Anfield? Bring it on...
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #11: May 06, 2022 03:41:16 pm

Yeap, games are normally moved due to TV scheduling. This is after all a live sports entertainment business similar to WWE and other live performing arts. The difference with a live musical is that the script and outcome is not fixed. The entire league thrives on broadcast revenue a lot, which is what makes it so wealthy. International fans and broadcasters are the paymasters. Players (the actors) ultimately benefit in wages.

The number of games on 3pm local TV blackout this weekend for instance is down to just 4 vs 6 lined up for live TV. The amount of broadcast money in this business is insane.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: May 06, 2022 04:25:09 pm
      I think our lads are rightly confident that they can find a way to beat anyone. Spurs are chasing top 4 so they will be desperate to get something from the game but we just have players who will ensure that they will find a way to win.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #13: May 06, 2022 04:41:03 pm
      I think our lads are rightly confident that they can find a way to beat anyone. Spurs are chasing top 4 so they will be desperate to get something from the game but we just have players who will ensure that they will find a way to win.

This is great news for us. They cannot afford to sit back and hope for a point or a lucky break.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: May 06, 2022 04:55:26 pm

Not sure why they didn't just put in the 1230 slot as there's no game then?

Night game probably suits us though as it should get the supporters going.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: May 06, 2022 05:35:56 pm

Sorry, I must have listed American Paymaster Time when I created the post. Agree about atmosphere. Also means will be 72 hours before kickoff vs. Villa.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: May 06, 2022 06:10:20 pm
      Yes the Kane/Son link up could pose a threat but they won't sit deep so it could be a proper match. Although I don't think the Gaffa will alter our approach.

Defensive, midfield and striking decisions have to be made. Konate or Matip, Naby or Hendo, Jota or Diaz....my pick: Konate for his aerial threat, Hendo for his defensive back up, experience and Diaz for his unpredictable play. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17: May 06, 2022 06:28:34 pm
      If we are winning the quad then we have to win this game. And since we are winning the quad, we’ll I guess we will win this game. 😉
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #18: May 06, 2022 06:50:02 pm
      Yes the Kane/Son link up could pose a threat but they won't sit deep so it could be a proper match. Although I don't think the Gaffa will alter our approach.

Defensive, midfield and striking decisions have to be made. Konate or Matip, Naby or Hendo, Jota or Diaz....my pick: Konate for his aerial threat, Hendo for his defensive back up, experience and Diaz for his unpredictable play.

Think we should go with Jota or Firmino for their heading ability as feel they will play deep and we’ll be crossing a lot into the box.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #19: May 06, 2022 06:53:47 pm
      Think we should go with Jota or Firmino for their heading ability as feel they will play deep and we’ll be crossing a lot into the box.

Very little chance of Firmino 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #20: May 06, 2022 06:59:58 pm
      Could well be a difficult game, against an inconsistent Spurs side. Son really looks in goal scoring form. Still the way the reds are playing a win is on the cards, putting even more pressure on Man City. 2  1 for reds with Diaz in the starting line up.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: May 06, 2022 08:10:32 pm
      Living the dream just now, we usually have a dash with Spurs they come out to play which suits ,think they have a few injuries tho , nonetheless just pick up where we left off on Tuesday, 3-0 3-1 Redmen
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #22: May 06, 2022 08:28:04 pm
      It's strange that some thought Newcastle last week was our hardest game of the run in when it's obviously this one...right?

Quick Reply