Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Saturday, May 7

Read 4163 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Spurs, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Saturday, May 7
      Reply #23: May 06, 2022 08:36:56 pm
      It's strange that some thought Newcastle last week was our hardest game of the run in when it's obviously this one...right?

think we will be saying that for every game coming up the confidence these lads have now must be sky high
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #24: May 06, 2022 08:40:30 pm
      think we will be saying that for every game coming up the confidence these lads have now must be sky high

Yeah, for sure. The thinner the margin of error, the tougher it becomes regardless of who you're playing against.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: May 06, 2022 08:45:20 pm
      Yeah, for sure. The thinner the margin of error, the tougher it becomes regardless of who you're playing against.

lets face it we are all going to need therapy come the end of May but this season is going to be one to take to our last breath on  this Earth and people will wonder why all these Liverpool supporters just before they pass away have a huge smile as we remember 2021-22 season parade on the Strand with 4 Silver Cups and a Mad German pissed hanging of th eback of the bus
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: May 06, 2022 10:05:53 pm
      This is the game I’ve been dreading on the run in. With the likes of Son, Spurs have a real chance of causing an upset. They beat City and will be confident coming up against us.

Don’t care how we win, just so long as we win!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27: May 06, 2022 10:08:49 pm
      Need to watch out for Harry Kane and his collapsing on the floor tactics.
      Any contact and he falls.
      Son can cause us problems.

However I think we will blow them out of the water: 3-0.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #28: May 06, 2022 10:44:29 pm
      The addition of Kulasevski has been good for them they are a threat up front . Think we will win as our defence more tighter and hopefully the home crowd will be huge for us
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: May 06, 2022 10:59:52 pm
      remember last season with no crowd well this season they are back and they are better than ever.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #30: May 07, 2022 07:11:18 am
      Got a F***ing wedding reception today so might not be able to watch! Got an app on my phone for streams, guess I’ll be skulking off to the corner for updates!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: May 07, 2022 09:31:37 am
      This a game we can enjoy. We've pushed City to the limit, could easily overtake them when, at one point, it looked like a one horse race. Did that while fighting on 3 other fronts. It's been an amazing season of highs, very few lows.

Spurs are dangerous opposition, they beat City at the Etihad so it could be a real match of end to end frantic action.

4-2....4-3 poss..
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: May 07, 2022 09:36:20 am
      Need to watch out for Harry Kane and his collapsing on the floor tactics.
      Any contact and he falls.
      Son can cause us problems.

However I think we will blow them out of the water: 3-0.

Nah..Kane's a blow up doll...one pr**k and he's deflated..or should that be deflate the pr**k..

Keep getting him mixed up with that Harry Wan...er..Winks..
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2022 09:46:48 am by Harrisimo »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #33: May 07, 2022 10:35:21 am
      Come on the redmen only a couple finals left to conquer, like a lot of folk on here we have been blessed and seen some truly magical seasons , the 77 season stands out for me as I took a hammering in school when the munts done us in the fa cup only for us to go and take Rome , this season could really top the lot , come on you reds go down in history , and be the best of the best
      3/1 the reds .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: May 07, 2022 10:42:13 am
      match day always start off full of confidence but always start to think what might happen as kick off approaches then back on it as the game starts.
      Hard game for us but we seem to perform so much better when the pressure is on. Jürgen and the Boys deserve so much as they give us so much to look forward to in lets face it f***in shitty difficult times.
      I like us having this pressure on it keeps the players focus the task in hand and just tick off the games as they come unlike in 2019 when that break killed the performance.
      I wont to see Mo at it tonight he has been quiet by his standards and his exploits for the national team along with the disappointments have weighed heavily on him so the best medicine is to start banging them in again a hatrick tonight to move him away from Son will be a good start
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: May 07, 2022 11:16:13 am
      There is only one way, to win. Any type of win will cause more pressure on City.

Come on Reds, we are well equipped to deal with them but we need to be on our full alert.

Ynwa
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #36: May 07, 2022 02:35:37 pm
      F***ing can’t stand Spurs, can’t let them take points off us again!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #37: May 07, 2022 02:36:26 pm
      F***ing can’t stand Spurs, can’t let them take points off us again!

Same.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #38: May 07, 2022 02:36:43 pm
      match day always start off full of confidence but always start to think what might happen as kick off approaches then back on it as the game starts.
      Hard game for us but we seem to perform so much better when the pressure is on. Jürgen and the Boys deserve so much as they give us so much to look forward to in lets face it f***in shitty difficult times.
      I like us having this pressure on it keeps the players focus the task in hand and just tick off the games as they come unlike in 2019 when that break killed the performance.
      I wont to see Mo at it tonight he has been quiet by his standards and his exploits for the national team along with the disappointments have weighed heavily on him so the best medicine is to start banging them in again a hatrick tonight to move him away from Son will be a good start

Saturday night game, should be a buzzing crowd with many heading into town after to have a drink. Atmosphere should be amazing!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #39: May 07, 2022 03:03:21 pm
      Buzzing for this game, 3 points in the bag, no problem, they ain't gonna let this slip now after fighting so hard to get into this amazing position, Anfield under the floodlights...bring it on, passion, energy, let's put the spurs to the sword and sort              the men from the boys !!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: May 07, 2022 03:04:51 pm

I'll settle for one from Mo tonight. I think he has been somewhat better of late although it's the finishing that we really need.

Walton you always remind me the depth and passion of the true, lifelong Liverpool fan. The way you feel every kick of the ball, every result, every possibility. I always enjoy reading what you are thinking about the team and the games. I know I'm just an American who only started following the team 25 years ago when I was lucky enough to visit Anfield and fell in love with it,  you are one of the main people on here I look to to compare the level of devotion I want to have for the club.  It's not something  you can manufacture .

Thank you.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #41: May 07, 2022 03:23:27 pm
      Huge game, as all are.

I've predicted 2-0 to the reds.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: May 07, 2022 03:33:48 pm
      I'll settle for one from Mo tonight. I think he has been somewhat better of late although it's the finishing that we really need.

Walton you always remind me the depth and passion of the true, lifelong Liverpool fan. The way you feel every kick of the ball, every result, every possibility. I always enjoy reading what you are thinking about the team and the games. I know I'm just an American who only started following the team 25 years ago when I was lucky enough to visit Anfield and fell in love with it,  you are one of the main people on here I look to to compare the level of devotion I want to have for the club.  It's not something  you can manufacture .

Thank you.

Yeah he’s a top poster on this forum - always value his input.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #43: May 07, 2022 03:38:43 pm
      Might have to follow on here as I don't think I'll get anywhere to see this tonight.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2022 03:43:14 pm
      First thing first if we are 1 point behind in the league and not 1 point ahead it was for the away game at spurs.   It is absolutely essential that the ref and Var are on it.   Toughest game left after today think City have the hardest remaining fixtures.  Just the 3 points will do.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: May 07, 2022 05:09:59 pm
      nice of the Chelsea scumbag to down tools with Wolves and draw giving Spurs an even great motivation to win tonight.
      same here 3 points dont care how it happens just win it.

Quick Reply