Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

60-minute matches with a stop-clock

Read 2839 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: 60-minute matches with a stop-clock
      Reply #23: May 08, 2022 09:56:28 pm
      What happens when you're about to put one in the net and the clock hits 0?

Be uproar.

If it was like it is in rugby the play would continue until the ball went out of play or a goal was scored.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2022 08:10:51 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      I remember in the 80s. When they banned keepers from picking up a backpass. It was a good change for the game. 

It happened in 1992.

Quote from UncleBob
      I don’t have a problem with time wasting in game (keeping it in the corner etc) but if the ball goes out or a player is injured then it should be added on properly and not just the usual 4 minutes of stoppage time.

I hate that wasting time in the corner. If it's against me, it takes ages to get the ball back. If it's for me, we're guaranteed to lose possession. If it's neither, it's awful to watch and often leads to scraps and yellow cards. I just hate it and wish the refs would treat it the same as every other form of time wasting. Adding even more injury time on top of the indicated time would help.

When VAR first came in, people bawled that it brings too much added time. Now because City go out of Europe again, people bawled that there's not enough added time on. Can't have it both ways.

5 minutes is the standard amount of injury time for the average game nowadays, so there's usually a fair amount of it going these days. There was 12 minutes of it in City's last game in Europe. We don't have to change the basics of the sport just to suit the Sheikhs and their bloodthirsty regimes, even more than we do atm.

The reality is City are out of Europe because Real Madrid scored 6 against them. And if you concede 6 goals to Real Madrid in any tie, it's rather difficult to argue you were robbed, when you face the inevitable consequences.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2022 08:26:32 pm
      It happened in 1992.

I hate that wasting time in the corner. If it's against me, it takes ages to get the ball back. If it's for me, we're guaranteed to lose possession. If it's neither, it's awful to watch and often leads to scraps and yellow cards. I just hate it and wish the refs would treat it the same as every other form of time wasting. Adding even more injury time on top of the indicated time would help.

When VAR first came in, people bawled that it brings too much added time. Now because City go out of Europe again, people bawled that there's not enough added time on. Can't have it both ways.

5 minutes is the standard amount of injury time for the average game nowadays, so there's usually a fair amount of it going these days. There was 12 minutes of it in City's last game in Europe. We don't have to change the basics of the sport just to suit the Sheikhs and their bloodthirsty regimes, even more than we do atm.

The reality is City are out of Europe because Real Madrid scored 6 against them. And if you concede 6 goals to Real Madrid in any tie, it's rather difficult to argue you were robbed, when you face the inevitable consequences.

Another expertly googled response
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2022 11:00:27 pm
      Or if someone dives on the floor writhing around then they go off at the nearest touchline straight away and the medical team go there to evaluate whether they can play on.
        If I'm being fair about even though 99.9 percent of the time it wouldn't be needed then you can always have a sub ready to come on in such cases and lets see from there.
       Injured guy rushed straight off for a potential serious rolling around injury and a player coming on until the next stoppage.
       Lets see if those tactics work then.
      bobbyrogers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #27: May 17, 2022 09:12:31 pm
      I would like to see a stop clock introduced to stop timewasting. 60 minute matches? No way

Quick Reply