Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (7.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      58 (85.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: May 11, 2022 09:38:13 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13991 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: May 08, 2022 11:41:36 am
      All My negativity today will go towards City …

Ukraine thanks you for giving them a break 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #461: May 08, 2022 12:41:39 pm
      Their two defenders, were boss, don't even know their names because I only watch Liverpool and I'm bad with names (who were they anyone please?). These finals coming up, best learn a new set up in terms of forwards if they aren't working I think, Salah not playing at the start then coming on as sub because when he's not on form he still gets loads of the ball and wastes it constantly. So Jota there instead of him and if it doesn't work then sub Salah on, he isn't a king or undroppable, that stuff makes me cringe,

What makes me cringe is saying spurs centre-backs are boss when they're a pair of snidey, shithouse yarddogs. Nothing boss about a failed England midfielder who gets a game at centre-back!! They're just able to follow their managers instructions and play proper shithouse tactics.

Even the play acting from them was F***ing embarrassing 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #462: May 08, 2022 12:53:13 pm
      Those players  were Romero, Dier, & Davies
      Each played out of there skin as did Emerson royal who I thought was there motm.

Yeah Dier did well pretending to have cramp on about 65th minute, then go another 25 minutes without a single stretch.

That Hojberg got struck in the side by the ball and pretended he’d been shot in the face.

Hold your head and that's it. Kill any impetus. Which is what spurs did from the first minute

Not giving them much credit for those typical shithouse conte antics.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #463: May 08, 2022 01:05:09 pm
      Ukraine thanks you for giving them a break 😂

US & NATO, still cu*ts..😎
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #464: May 08, 2022 04:11:11 pm
      So instead of a draw we now need them to lose one.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #465: May 08, 2022 04:26:39 pm
      So instead of a draw we now need them to lose one.

I’d take a draw from their game, I think they have 2 draws in them.. Villa &Hammers..
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #466: May 08, 2022 04:33:08 pm
      With this sort of mentality Spuds will not qualify for the CL. Good luck to Arsenal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #467: May 08, 2022 05:09:34 pm
      What will be will be.
      I don’t expect any team to just open up and let us take over, and a few lesser teams do come with a ploy to park the bus. I just thought Spurs were a side that could compete. To see them play with 10 defenders for 85% of the game was surprising to say the least.
      Burnley, Watford, understandable. Even Leeds, wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle all have some pride in how they perform, and try to play to a decent standard.
      To see spurs lower themselves to that is a shock.
      Cowards football I call it. I think if Liverpool used that formation as a tactic, I’d take up fishing.
      Couldn’t watch that sh*t even if we won every week.
      They aught to be ashamed of themselves.
      Had they played to their strengths they may have won !
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #468: May 08, 2022 05:12:10 pm
      Anti-football from Spurs. Not wrong, but just shameless.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #469: May 08, 2022 05:36:41 pm
      Whole front 3 were off it, although it has to be said Jota was worse than all of them when he came on, just kept taking bad touches.

Yeah thought Jota was really poor when he came on, like you say poor touches, ball running away from him, loosing possession.

Diaz really the only one of the front 4 deserved of mention.

But the pressure has been relentless, and if we come up short like it looks like, won't be because of the last few months when the lads have got to two finals and generally been magnificent.

Really, really sticks in the craw though - to notch up 90 odd points and still probably come 2nd, again...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #470: May 08, 2022 05:59:56 pm
      When teams play us, they time waste, they play dirty, play tricks, dive etc. When they play city they just capitulate to their pressure. SMH.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #471: May 08, 2022 06:16:49 pm
      Salah needs to up his game he has been poor latley
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #472: May 08, 2022 06:29:45 pm
      that game yesterday was perfect for a fresh in form Mo he is so far away from his best its not even funny anymore. Look at the energy Luis brings and then look at Mo and Sadio they need a rest.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #473: May 08, 2022 07:19:56 pm
      that game yesterday was perfect for a fresh in form Mo he is so far away from his best its not even funny anymore. Look at the energy Luis brings and then look at Mo and Sadio they need a rest.

You can include Robby and Trent in that too
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #474: May 08, 2022 07:34:14 pm

Jotas poor form hasn't helped. He's been really poor the last few months and has forced Jurgens hand to keep going with Sadio and Mo.

Not sure we have used Dicock enough tbh was expecting him to come in yesterday for a hail mary last 10.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #475: May 08, 2022 07:43:24 pm
      Was my first trip to fortress Anfield in a couple of years last night, absolutely gutted by the result but the crowd and atmosphere were superb. My voice is completely gone and I didn’t get home till 3am! No lack of effort last night, spuds played very well but I felt we put in too many crosses and we’re a bit one dimensional. It was a shame Bobby wasn’t available because he might offered something a bit different off the bench.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #476: May 08, 2022 09:58:39 pm
      It was a game that I thought we would struggle in and so it was ,but for me the game we had to win was City away that was the one for me it was must win.
      Incredible amazing attempt by the lads and JK but I think it’s gone.
      On the flip side though what a team a trophy in the bag and maybe two more to come ,incredible team,football and most importantly JK .
      It really could be worse take a look across the park and down the road at Old Trafford 😂😂👍👍
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #477: May 09, 2022 05:05:19 am
      Maybe if Origi can change the game if he were to be call on , rather then Jota or Keita.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #478: May 09, 2022 08:29:19 am
      Spurs named a 3-4-3 formation only to collapse into a 7-3-0 set up when actually playing. The tactic worked, but it's shameless. It seems like we are not trained to score against 15-20 of our academy defenders whose objective is not to concede a single goal. I get why Jürgen's upset. It's crazy for a top professional team like us to train like that, and even more so for a top professional team like Spurs to set up the way they do.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #479: May 09, 2022 09:24:44 am
      Always worried this could be the game we dropped some points. Spuds decent team these days.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #480: May 09, 2022 10:28:21 am
      Didn't like Tottenham's tactics as well.

Never thought I would see them rolling around, wasting time, defending and just hoping to hit us on the break. That's sh*t Tottenham. Pure shithouse tactics. Come play proper football, you cu*ts!

There was a lot of points that annoyed me during the game but one really stood out and I actually yelled at Fab, not that he could hear me.

I always say in my head, if we score 1 we will get a second really quickly. Well we finally got a deflected shot go our way, hallelujah and so we started gunning for that second. We had them pinned in our box and we had plenty of attackers in there. They defended a shot that came straight back to Fab, not far from the outside of the box and instead of him playing a dangerous ball back in or having a crack, he passed it all the way back to Ali, with no one near him. Momentum lost. That just killed me!! Arrggghhhhh

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #481: May 09, 2022 02:14:20 pm
      Yeh hope Arsenal beat them to top 4 dirty c**ts!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #482: May 09, 2022 07:39:17 pm
      Quote from clint_call01
      As consolation? They are really not that. We earned the right to be in the finals.

This is a vital point, we now need a bigger favour from others but still we need to work hard to get to the last match day and still have a chance.

Come on Reds.

Even if we won every game, we still needed another result to go our way. That's still the case. We didn't throw the league when we were 14 points behind, so we're not going to throw it now.

Quote from GERNS
      What will be will be.
      I don’t expect any team to just open up and let us take over, and a few lesser teams do come with a ploy to park the bus. I just thought Spurs were a side that could compete. To see them play with 10 defenders for 85% of the game was surprising to say the least.
      Burnley, Watford, understandable. Even Leeds, wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle all have some pride in how they perform, and try to play to a decent standard.
      To see spurs lower themselves to that is a shock.
      Cowards football I call it. I think if Liverpool used that formation as a tactic, I’d take up fishing.
      Couldn’t watch that sh*t even if we won every week.
      They aught to be ashamed of themselves.
      Had they played to their strengths they may have won !

That is their strengths. That's how they took 4 points off us and 6 off City. I didn't expect them to play any differently, that's what Conte is like. He's never lost here, and he won't change until he does, if at all. Almost every team has come here to play like that, and we watched it all. Whether it's wise to do that when you don't have your fate in your own hands, is another thing.

Quote from hoganov
      On reflection, it's not a terrible result. We always needed City to drop points and if memory serves me they are more likely to lose disastrously then draw. It's not over yet. What we need to do is hammer our next 3 opponents and get our goal advantage up..

They don't have to lose a game. It's best if they do, but two draws would have the same effect.

Quote from __Tickle__
      It's not strange he's saying prioritise the cups.

Crazy we play again on Tuesday and it would be madness now to expect these lads to play that game and then a cup final.

Away at Villa with a rotated squad I can't see us winning that either. And I think in one of his post match interviews Jürgen has pretty much said he can't see City losing and us beating Villa.

Schedule just too hectic.

It's not crazy we're playing on Tuesday, it's our reward for getting to the Cup semi final. And playing again the following week is our reward for getting to the cup final.

May is not a time for tiredness, this is the one month when the prizes for the past 9 months are handed out. So on we go. Apart from Kelleher, the full squad has had to be used and is being used, so that we can compete at the highest level. We don't have a choice, if we want to compete for the big prizes, then the schedule we now have is normal and to be expected.

If we're top of the league after our next home game, that trophy will be back in our hands. And we'll do all we can to do just that, until someone in a suit at the FA tells us otherwise.

Quick Reply