Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match Aston Villa v Liverpool 10th May 8pm KO

Read 3415 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Pre-match Aston Villa v Liverpool 10th May 8pm KO
      May 09, 2022 01:55:47 pm
      Here we go again !! Have you ever known a season like this one  ;D

After a dissapointing draw at home to Spurs on Saturday evening, we take on Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa at Villa Park with our Premiership hopes still in the balance we desperately need a win tomorrow night to keep the faint glimmer alive.

We beat them 1-0 at home earlier in the season, another 1-0 or 3 or 4 would do nicely to keep the pressure on citeh.

Expecting a fairly strong side with maybe a couple of tweaks bearing in mind the little matter of an FA Cup final against the chavs at the weekend, although 3 full days before we play that game so time to re-group.

Just a win please boys would be rather lovely.

Bring it on....YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-match Aston Villa v Liverpool 10th May 8pm KO
      Reply #1: May 09, 2022 03:15:55 pm
      I think we probably need to win by 2 clear goals to keep our fading title hopes alive, maybe even by 3 tbh. Go strong but i'd play the percentages and save a few for the cup final if I was in Klopp's shoes. I would expect to see between 3 and 5 players rotated in for this one. I fancy that Jota, Matip, Keita and Milner will come in, perhaps even Gomez. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: May 09, 2022 03:33:49 pm
      Quick turnaround from Saurday Evening, so fully expect at least 3 chnages.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3: May 09, 2022 03:52:00 pm
      Nothing to lose now really meaning we can go out and really express ourselves. Go out full attack mode and take these cu*ts to the cleaners

Let’s play Diaz, Firmino, Jota, Mane and Salah!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: May 09, 2022 04:18:54 pm
      Calling Aussie Red…. You receiving…. Over… 

Is Stevie G going to put the under 16s out against you lot! or cud he put the final nail in the coffin to stop you winning the league  :f_whistle:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: May 09, 2022 04:26:19 pm
      Calling Aussie Red…. You receiving…. Over… 

Is Stevie G going to put the under 16s out against you lot! or cud he put the final nail in the coffin to stop you winning the league  :f_whistle:

https://twitter.com/lfcJ7_/status/1520508167108632576?s=20&t=wl-l_A8r-z08_8RIBYCEYA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: May 09, 2022 04:38:03 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: May 09, 2022 05:07:40 pm
      Fullest strongest fastest X1 for me with precision engineered passing, bullseye finishing and a ruthlessness to die for, on paper at least it seems our title race is run but that fat bi*ch ain’t singing yet, get Villa out of the way so we can concentrate fully on winning our ninth FA cup, like before the weekend results we are not in control of the destiny of the title so nothing has changed aside from the points column,

Against Villa I’d be tempted to field as close to the cup final X1 as possible, I think we can all more or less pick  the same X1 except who plays in midfield with Fabinho & who plays up top with Mo & Mane, the rest are 99.99999999% shoe ins, possible that Jürgen only rotates Hendo & Naby lad, and Jota & Diaz, whoever plays Vs Villa could be on the bench at Wembley,

Anyhoo that’s for the weekend, against Villa we should have too much for Stevie’s minions, they have been decidedly average of late and we all know average is nowhere good enough, especially against us, now before one or two think that cos we’re up against Stevie’s Villa and believe he will roll out a sh*t load of kids and a couple of tea ladies in defence, think again, no way will that happen, make no mistake, Villa will be out to take three points and bugger all else, they will want to finish as high as possible, even though it’s only for pride, nonetheless they will be a tough nut to crack,

Not going to be a slug fest this, more likely a tight boring go thru the emotions affair with a low scoring 95 mins,

0-2 Mighty Redmen

Tell me Ma, me Ma !

Y  N  W  A
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #8: May 09, 2022 08:29:09 pm
      Win and we go level on points again so for me we have to go as strong as possible:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9: May 10, 2022 01:59:21 am
      Fullest strongest fastest X1 for me with precision engineered passing, bullseye finishing and a ruthlessness to die for, on paper at least it seems our title race is run but that fat bi*ch ain’t singing yet, get Villa out of the way so we can concentrate fully on winning our ninth FA cup, like before the weekend results we are not in control of the destiny of the title so nothing has changed aside from the points column,

Against Villa I’d be tempted to field as close to the cup final X1 as possible, I think we can all more or less pick  the same X1 except who plays in midfield with Fabinho & who plays up top with Mo & Mane, the rest are 99.99999999% shoe ins, possible that Jürgen only rotates Hendo & Naby lad, and Jota & Diaz, whoever plays Vs Villa could be on the bench at Wembley,

Anyhoo that’s for the weekend, against Villa we should have too much for Stevie’s minions, they have been decidedly average of late and we all know average is nowhere good enough, especially against us, now before one or two think that cos we’re up against Stevie’s Villa and believe he will roll out a sh*t load of kids and a couple of tea ladies in defence, think again, no way will that happen, make no mistake, Villa will be out to take three points and bugger all else, they will want to finish as high as possible, even though it’s only for pride, nonetheless they will be a tough nut to crack,

Not going to be a slug fest this, more likely a tight boring go thru the emotions affair with a low scoring 95 mins,

0-2 Mighty Redmen

Tell me Ma, me Ma !

Y  N  W  A

Just to add that our first choice front threee right now has to be Mo, Sadio and Diaz. I'm a big fan of Jota and Bobby is an all-time favorite, but the way Luis has come in, he adds so much to the press and the attack. Mane has been good all season and Mo, while not at his usual level of late, still has to be included.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2022 02:09:45 am by Robby The Z »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: May 10, 2022 07:03:04 am
      Looking forward to this match more than most. Don’t think for a second SG will celebrate if  Villa score a goal. What do you lot! Think?
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #11: May 10, 2022 07:20:13 am
      Looking forward to this match more than most. Don’t think for a second SG will celebrate if  Villa score a goal. What do you lot! Think?
      I'd expect him to be made up in a certain way, he has a job to do and if he rolled over for us it'd be weird. He'd be reluctant to celebrate I reckon though.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12: May 10, 2022 08:21:53 am

As a manager, he'll probably and at most clap and encourage his players for "well done, that's it, this is how you play, keep going." Celebration if any would be muted. I'm with you on this as he is still very much a Liverpool man. He knows what it means to the title race if he gets a result against us. If Villa loses, roll over conspiracy theorists will surface.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #13: May 10, 2022 09:11:34 am

He may be in two minds about it... but given that we dropped points, and City have an easy romp to the title, it probably won't matter much to him or us if he causes us to drop points. The title won't be lost at Villa Park. On the flip side, he still has the smallest opportunity to do some damage to City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: May 10, 2022 09:52:53 am
      City are now clear favourites but how great would it be if we trounce Villa and go back to the top of the league it would really F**k with Pep's head he would suggest Villa got turned over because of Stevie's connection to Liverpool.
      5-0 will very nicely tonight COYR.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #15: May 10, 2022 09:54:54 am
      It’s all about decorum & respect, two things Pep G obviously doesn’t have, is it because he’s from Barcelona, like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, que, I hear you say !!

In a perfect ideal hypothetical world, when we score Vs Villa I’d like to see Stevie cartwheel his way down the Villa touch line, back flip his way back and give a rib crushing hug to Jürgen, turn to the camera and give the finger to the lens and shout out ‘F**k you Pep’ ye bald headed w*nk stain, just to even out the respect score slightly !!

In reality though I’d expect Stevie to be professional to the end and give us a battle if it were a cup final in itself, think we all know where Stevie’s heart lies and his inner self will want what we all want, I expect Villa to give us a battle and the same level of battle they’ll give to City final day, no one can then say Villa rolled over or didn’t try hard enough,

At this time of the season most of the mediocre clubs player’s like MU, Leicester etc are away getting measured for their flip flops, visiting solarium’s or having their arseholes bleached, perhaps all three, and having nothing to play for are already in holiday mode, but for those who still have something to chew on or still take football game by game seriously it’s normality for them,

So we carry on as normal, there isn’t much difference from before Spuds, we still need to win every game there is left and hope City lose instead of just drawing, it’s unlikely but like I said before, the fat bi*ch isn’t singing yet !!

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: May 10, 2022 09:55:15 am

I dont think most of us give it a second thought Stevie's loyalty and dedication to the club is not in doubt regardless of tonights result.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17: May 10, 2022 10:12:49 am
      Will be going to the game tonight....Hoping we smash these tonight, make no mistake the ex skipper will do his best to take 3 points tonight..

1-3 to the Redmen..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18: May 10, 2022 10:18:15 am
      Will be going to the game tonight....Hoping we smash these tonight, make no mistake the ex skipper will do his best to take 3 points tonight..

1-3 to the Redmen..

then we expect to hear you singing loud and proud. The supporters tonight will be right behind the lads from start to finish.
      Spurs was good practise for us we can iron out a few niggles and put Villa to the sword with a goal fest . A team has been due a drubbing from our lads for sometime tonight would be a good time to hand it out
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: May 10, 2022 10:45:10 am
      As a manager, he'll probably and at most clap and encourage his players for "well done, that's it, this is how you play, keep going." Celebration if any would be muted. I'm with you on this as he is still very much a Liverpool man. He knows what it means to the title race if he gets a result against us. If Villa loses, roll over conspiracy theorists will surface.

Conspiracy theories will always be there as long as social media about so no changes there. I ignore then anyway.  I agree no way will he be giving it the big I am. You just know if SG does get a result social media will be off the scales.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: May 10, 2022 10:47:55 am
      It’s all about decorum & respect, two things Pep G obviously doesn’t have, is it because he’s from Barcelona, like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, que, I hear you say !!

In a perfect ideal hypothetical world, when we score Vs Villa I’d like to see Stevie cartwheel his way down the Villa touch line, back flip his way back and give a rib crushing hug to Jürgen, turn to the camera and give the finger to the lens and shout out ‘F**k you Pep’ ye bald headed w*nk stain, just to even out the respect score slightly !!

Y  N  W  A

You mind set at time Billy so so funny  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #21: May 10, 2022 11:12:55 am
      A win tonight at Aston Villa, would be an important reminder to Pep, that the league is not yet done & dusted. Also set the tone ready for Chelsea in the cup final at Wembley on Saturday.

Going for a 3  1 win for the reds tonight, in another big week ahead for club and supporters !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #22: May 10, 2022 12:24:16 pm
      You mind set at time Billy so so funny  :lmao:

Ach, I dunno Keith, 85th minute is as good as any minute I guess, the goal in question of course will be the winner, wouldn’t have the same effect after only 5 mins , 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

IMAGINE BEING US !!!

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply