Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Chelsea, 141st FA Cup Final; 4:45 pm, Saturday, May 14

Read 8231 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Chelsea, 141st FA Cup Final; 4:45 pm, Saturday, May 14
      Reply #46: May 13, 2022 10:40:44 am
      It is a shame what they’ve done to the FA Cup final from when I was a kid.

4.45 kick off, with league games still to play just doesn’t feel right!

it was the last game of the season and the biggest single game of the season its hard for some to believe it was as big as any European Cup it was an all day feast on TV before we had all day TV.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,309 posts | 1520 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Chelsea, 141st FA Cup Final; 4:45 pm, Saturday, May 14
      Reply #47: May 13, 2022 01:35:26 pm
      We recently hit a real purple patch, destroying all before us with scintillating football. Just the last couple of games we’ve dropped off a bit. I’m worried shitless our season is gonna go tits up. We need to rekindle that form from now on to make it a season to out do all previous.
      Hold it together reds and crack on !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #48: May 13, 2022 02:05:32 pm
      I've a strange feeling we are going to batter them. I've gone for 3-1. It's time for us to step up and fill the cabinet.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: May 13, 2022 02:23:06 pm
      Flying over to London in the morning with no ticket but sure we will soak up and enjoy the atmosphere. Anyone recommend where to watch the game with fellow reds?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #50: May 13, 2022 02:28:18 pm
      Worried about Kante, Kovacic and that hop skip c**t.

Need Keita and Thiago to be absolutely all over this game
      Kante and Kovacic potentially out. Kante not played for a few weeks has he, but wouldn’t be surprised if he recovers in time for us. Doubt Kovacic will be there after that challenge in the Leeds game.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #51: May 13, 2022 06:24:22 pm
      Please, not another penalty shootout.  :f_wah:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: May 13, 2022 06:25:26 pm
      Flying over to London in the morning with no ticket but sure we will soak up and enjoy the atmosphere. Anyone recommend where to watch the game with fellow reds?

just follow the noise mate you won't go far wrong have a great day
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: May 13, 2022 06:33:02 pm
      any other older forum members the FA Cup day starting about 10am showing the Team walking on to the pitch.
      In the evening they had a programme called "how the Cup was won " with Brian Moore  and managers from other clubs discussing the highlights.
      Seems a long time ago I remember the heartbreak of Charlie George and the sheer master class of 1974 which people should watch to learn how pass and move started with what we called Full backs playing high up the field. Great days indeed can't wait for tomorrow I can honestly say and I think many fans feel  they same I want this Cup for Jürgen and the boys because they really deserve it. 4-1 to the mighty REDS COYR
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #54: May 13, 2022 07:02:06 pm

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d3228506-r654901392-Spread_Eagle-London_England.html
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #55: May 13, 2022 07:17:10 pm
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #56: May 13, 2022 07:30:08 pm
      We win one of the finals and this season was an accomplishment. We lose both and this season was a waste. Tough because finals are just one game and a lot of strange things can happen, but unlike City we are built for such an occasion. I'd bring a classic line-up:

Alisson
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Thiago-Milner
      Salah-Bobby-Mané
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #57: May 13, 2022 07:52:23 pm
      Much like the League Cup final I expect a tense game with not a lot between us. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes to extra time/PK. Chelsea play us tough and with this being their only chance for silverware I think we will see the best of them.

Line up I would think be

---------------Alisson--------------
      TAA---Matip-----VvD-----Robbo
      ------Ketia---Hendo----Thiago-
      Salah---------Mane---------Diaz

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #58: May 13, 2022 08:13:02 pm
      Excited for the game tomorrow. Really unfortunate Fabinho is hurt but Hendo can deputize at that position and Thiago and Keita should be able to drive us forward.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #59: May 13, 2022 08:21:45 pm

Head away from the ground as the area of Brent, where Wembley is, most of the boozers stop serving about an hour before kick off.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #60: May 13, 2022 08:39:30 pm
      it was the last game of the season and the biggest single game of the season its hard for some to believe it was as big as any European Cup it was an all day feast on TV before we had all day TV.

I've heard older reds who followed the team from the 60s say winning the FA Cup was on a par with or an even greater achievement than winning the league, such is the storied history of the cup and the national focus on that single day in the footballing calendar. That history shouldn't be forgotten. It still is the big day out at Wembley, the Saturday fixture we all remember as kids growing up watching on TV and I will be over f*cking moon if we beat the Chavs again!  COYR
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,928 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: May 13, 2022 08:58:15 pm
      I've heard older reds who followed the team from the 60s say winning the FA Cup was on a par with or an even greater achievement than winning the league,

Lot of truth in that, i was one of them.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #62: May 13, 2022 09:18:39 pm
      Lot of truth in that, i was one of them.

Arl b***ard  ;D
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #63: May 13, 2022 09:43:54 pm
      Don't like having the Cup final when the League programme still hasn't been finished, just not right really. Just shows how they've devalued the competition  :(

But the powers that be have spoken and now here we are on the eve of the 2022 F.A Cup final, really hoping for a good end to end game, I think there will be lots of goals with hopefully us coming out on top, it's been far to long since we lifted the trophy. I think it's our time  :champ:

Good luck to all you guys who have got tickets for this game, sing loud and sing proud for our mighty redmen and enjoy your day.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #64: May 13, 2022 09:48:50 pm
      Don't like having the Cup final when the League programme still hasn't been finished, just not right really. Just shows how they've devalued the competition  :(

But the powers that be have spoken and now here we are on the eve of the 2022 F.A Cup final, really hoping for a good end to end game, I think there will be lots of goals with hopefully us coming out on top, it's been far to long since we lifted the trophy. I think it's our time  :champ:

Good luck to all you guys who have got tickets for this game, sing loud and sing proud for our mighty redmen and enjoy your day.

Yeah, it should be the last word on the English football calendar. But it's on BBC 1 and ITV simultaneously so promises big national tv viewing figures so it's a pleasure to be in it for that reason. The fact that the competition has been on free to air in its entirety has boosted its status I feel. You always hope, somewhere (anywhere) around the country a few young ones might be tuning in and falling for the Reds. The Cup is where I watched my first live Liverpool matches on tv.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,004 posts | 521 
      Reply #65: May 13, 2022 10:07:42 pm
      I don't go back as far as teh 60s but i do remember when FA cup day was an all day event back in the 80s. It was about as boring as it sounds. Brian Moore or Jimmy Hill or Dickie Davis or whoever killing time for hours while repeating footage of players getting on and off team buses. Intercut with interviews of players saying what a big day it is. The build up was like a 6 hour episode of Football Focus that nobody in their right mind watched more than 20 minutes of.

As for winning the FA cup being more of an achievement than the league - no way! There might have United fans trying to delude themselves along those lines, cos the FA cup was the only trophy they occasionally won in the 70s and 80s, but no way was it close to being as big an achievement as the league. (Spurs also made a big fuss about it 82, as I recall, but what the f**k else could Spurs win?)

It has obviously been downgraded by the FA since then, but you could argue that is basically supply and demand. Fans don't rate it as highly as the league, CL etc.  It's worth remembering that back then the FA cup was one of the few games actually televised live. The FA and TV companies didn't realise live league football would actually pull an audience, so they didn't show it - ie they were even more out of touch then than they are now. (Also, clubs were worried it would hit their gate receipts.) That was one reason why the cup final was made such a meal of by the TV companies.

All that said, I hope we f**king beat the Chav cu*ts and take home another well deserved trophy.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #66: May 13, 2022 10:09:35 pm
      Yeah, it should be the last word on the English football calendar. But it's on BBC 1 and ITV simultaneously so promises big national tv viewing figures so it's a pleasure to be in it for that reason. The fact that the competition has been on free to air in its entirety has boosted its status I feel. You always hope, somewhere (anywhere) around the country a few young ones might be tuning in and falling for the Reds. The Cup is where I watched my first live Liverpool matches on tv.

Like Walton said, it was THE biggest game of the season if you got there, all day job watching on the tele, with the boys at the hotel and on the coach to wembley way it really was great and so exciting and you were either elated or deflated at the end.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: May 13, 2022 11:10:28 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #68: May 13, 2022 11:35:47 pm
      Make tomorrow a great occasion by winning the FA Cup, for all the fans, either at Wembley or wherever you are watching the game. Hopefully we are all celebrating tomorrow with a good few bevvies .

Remember as far back as 1965 Liverpool beating Leeds 2  1 in the final, on black & white tv !

Quick Reply