Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      36 (35.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      13 (12.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      33 (32.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      8 (7.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closed: May 18, 2022 07:39:27 pm

LIVERPOOL WIN FA CUP: LFC 0-0 Chelsea (6-5 on pens)

Read 16972 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: LIVERPOOL WIN FA CUP: LFC 0-0 Chelsea (6-5 on pens)
      Reply #966: May 14, 2022 09:32:40 pm
      What can we say about Alisson? The absolute outright best keeper on the planet. Some of his saves are F***ing unbelievable. We wouldn’t be where we are now without this colossal handsome man between the sticks.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #967: May 14, 2022 09:34:18 pm
      Thank F**k we won that, after all we put into it, and all we have put into the season, and the injury carnage in what was a gruelling final itself - would have been a massive blow to lose it. Hopefully Virg and Salah are ok for the CL final at the very least, but, whatever happens, we have already had a successful season now. Great to see the players so happy at the end.

Not sure who to give MOTM to. Trent had a 15 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half where he wasn't marking properly, but then defended great after that (and played some lovely passes all game). Milner gave us a shot of energy when he came on. Matip was great when he came on. Alisson saved the penalty and made a big save in normal time. Sadio, Diaz and Hendo were good all game. Going to go for Hendo.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #968: May 14, 2022 09:38:00 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #969: May 14, 2022 09:39:31 pm
      A good season became a great one today.

Lets make it one of the greatest in our history in Paris.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #970: May 14, 2022 09:43:55 pm
      Shootouts are always stressful to watch, figured when Mendy stopped Mane that was a sign that it wasn't going to be our final but glad I was wrong.

It was a great moment for Tsimakis and couldn't happen to a better player who worked hard all season and played well when given the chance.

As far as the game I thought the performance was better then the league cup final. We had longer periods of control but poor decision making and finish cost us. Chelsea had their moments but Alisson held us in there when called upon.

Great to see the boys happy, add another number to the wall of champions, get to play in the community shield in August and keep that winning mentality going into the UCL final in a couple weeks time.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #971: May 14, 2022 09:45:48 pm
      Great that the shy retiring Kostas was able to take a pen..

Thought we deserved it but it was a close nailbiter all the way through. If we start like that V Real we could finish it off in the first 30 mins.

Diaz is getting better by the game for sure. One spectacular goal and the floodgates will open.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #972: May 14, 2022 09:54:47 pm
      Did some Liverpool supporters boo Abide with Me? I can only think some in the stadium must have thought the national anthem (which was totally just) was being piped through because its a hymn that has been a mainstay of Hillsborough memorials. An important hymn

Actually sounded like some were singing YNWA..that was what I could hear..
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #973: May 14, 2022 10:07:40 pm
      Could hear boo’s loud and clear
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #974: May 14, 2022 10:11:02 pm
      Thought of support was F***ing superb today, ten times what those chav cu*ts could create. The flares at the end during the celebrations were F***ing boss.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #975: May 14, 2022 10:13:33 pm
      Let's F***ing go love you all

Really drunk but that's what cup finals are all about

Lets gooooo
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #976: May 14, 2022 10:15:26 pm
      Could hear boo’s loud and clear

Already see the F***ing gobs***e Daily Fail are slagging us saying we booed Abide with Me, the national anthem and Prince Willy!!

And. So. F***ing. What.

Typical serf royalist cu*ts. F**k em all :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #977: May 14, 2022 10:32:48 pm
      the reason the NAtional Anthem isnt honoured is that in the 1980's the Government decided our City was finished and needed basically shutting down they called it managed decline dont remember the Royal Family coming out to support us and again after 89 the Establishment closed ranks and tried to bury us once again so no we are Liverpool we are Scousers not English.
      anyway F**k them.
      check out the dressing room celebrations and watch just about everyone celebrate as if they had all scored the winning goal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #978: May 14, 2022 10:41:30 pm
      Already see the f**king gobs***e Daily Fail are slagging us saying we booed Abide with Me, the national anthem and Prince Willy!!

And. So. F***ing. What.

Typical serf royalist cu*ts. F**k em all :lmao:

National anthem and Prince William - absolutely fair game. Abide with me, absolutely not.

But if its got the Daily Heil's hackles up then superb.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #979: May 14, 2022 10:43:19 pm
      The Mentality Monsters are at it again, 2 down, 2 to go  :champ:

We just don't know when were beaten do we, cos we just bounce back and come again, Jürgen's brilliant boys struck gold again.

Wow, we really don't do things the easy way do we. but then again we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB and we win things the difficult way which makes it far more exciting  :D

Thought Allison and Diaz and Trent were all outstanding, but I gave my MOM to Diaz, but it was a real team performance by all the lads.

This could be the greatest season ever with the best  team we've ever seen, they certainly deserve all the praise and plaudits coming their way.

Congratulations LFC, so proud to be a RED :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:  :kop5cf8koxp6::kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #980: May 14, 2022 10:44:39 pm
      The Mentality Monsters are at it again, 2 down, 2 to go  :champ:

We just don't know when were beaten do we, cos we just bounce back and come again, Jürgen's brilliant boys struck gold again.

Wow, we really don't do things the easy way do we. but then again we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB and we win things the difficult way which makes it far more exciting  :D

Thought Allison and Diaz and Trent were all outstanding, but I gave my MOM to Diaz, but it was a real team performance by all the lads.

This could be the greatest season ever with the best  team we've ever seen, they certainly deserve all the praise and plaudits coming their way.

Congratulations LFC, so proud to be a RED :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:  :kop5cf8koxp6::kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

Absolutely bang on Ms! Don't think I could fault a single player out there. Deserved to win it in the 90, but will take a penalty victory any day!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #981: May 14, 2022 10:49:12 pm
      Absolutely bang on Ms! Don't think I could fault a single player out there. Deserved to win it in the 90, but will take a penalty victory any day!

Deffo FMS. we were by far the better team overall, they had a little spell of possession but nothing to serious to worry us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #982: May 14, 2022 10:51:03 pm
      More than usual, I'm thinking about the Evertonian's, tonight. They were on the edges of their seats in hope REALLY REALLY wanting us to lose until the very last kick and then seen us win. Again. Ha ha ha.

Since 1995.

Up the F***ing best ever reds
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #983: May 14, 2022 10:51:44 pm
      Deffo FMS. we were by far the better team overall, they had a little spell of possession but nothing to serious to worry us.

Stats say we were better, but like the league cup final - both teams with massive chances. So happy to get over the line! Already done the double, let’s do the treble!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #984: May 14, 2022 10:55:28 pm
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #985: May 14, 2022 10:58:15 pm
      Great win ,and to think some on here ,dismissed this trophy , as Shankly said we go out to win every game YNWA
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #986: May 14, 2022 11:00:19 pm
      Paris here we come  8)
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #987: May 14, 2022 11:38:44 pm
      Trent matured as a player in this final. He has that spirit you could see in Stevie..what a player..

Yes, his defending was first rate which we do not always see...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #988: May 14, 2022 11:48:28 pm
      Tight game as usual; we were not at our scintillating best but it was a robust performance -- the players ran themselves into the ground -- and we had chances to strike the killer blow. Diaz was unbelievable again and ought to have scored. Matip when he came on IMO was also excellent whilst Milner was an important influence in the latter stages. Felt we looked quite leggy in extra time but always had faith. There's just a new level of belief I have in this team which makes these tight games somewhat less stressful than in years gone by. I have to say when Mané missed and Tuchel punched the ground in delight as if that was it, I thought it not just premature but outright daft! And so it proved.

I watched it in a pub in London with the missus amidst a mix of supporters including a cohort of mouthy Chavs, a die hard Red corner and the 'undercover' reds - the ones who patiently and humbly watched but still gave you a smile and a knowing look at the key moments 😂 Joyous! Well done Jürgen and the lads!

Quick Reply