Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-Match: Southampton v Liverpool, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Tuesday

Read 4306 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre-Match: Southampton v Liverpool, Premier League; 7:45 pm, Tuesday
      Reply #23: May 17, 2022 01:43:39 pm
      I have a feeling of a 1  0 win for the Reds tonight, give City something to think about over the next few days. It would certainly make things interesting, at this late stage of the season 😀

Don’t the Saints play in red David.  ;D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #24: May 17, 2022 01:45:55 pm
      This is a very tricky one for the Boss. If he makes enough changes that end up costing us and City lose V Villa he's on a hiding to nothing.

So he can't risk wholesale changes. Only the walking wounded will be rested and a lot will depend on how others have recovered from the 120 minute final. Impossible task to call the line up.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #25: May 17, 2022 01:54:51 pm

Sorry Keith no prize for spotting my glaring mistake !
      JackRed97
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #26: May 17, 2022 01:55:56 pm
      Ali
      Gomez
      Matip
      Konate
      Tsimikas
      Keita
      Milner
      Jones
      Jota
      Bobby
      Origi

Has to be this for me,  can't risk the players for the final
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #27: May 17, 2022 01:58:58 pm
      Ultimately the medical team will tell Jürgen who cannot play, who can and for how long. Southampton has 1 win and 2 draws in 2+ months so regardless of rotation we should have more than enough for 3 points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: May 17, 2022 02:12:30 pm
      It’s a fine margin having to juggle those players who played 120 Vs Chavs and having them ready not only for the last hurrah, but for the CL encounter with RM, there will obviously be changes but we still need to be bold, too many changes in one area could go against us,

I don’t think Virgil, Fab or Mo will be risked Vs Saint’s and I can see Thiago, Trent & Diaz/Mane only playing 70 mins max in our next two, if at all, it’s a tough ask at the best of times but when players have played in the best part of 60 games it’s no surprise we’re starting to see wear & tear amongst the fittest of our boys, it’s not a case of being over playing the lads, it’s just a side effect of how successful we’re being,

So without changing too much that it effects the level of performance we have to remember this is still a must win game, so strong as humanly possible tonight, I’d be tempted to go with…….

Kelleher
                                              Trent   Matip  Konate  Kostas
                                                           Henderson
                                                      Naby           Jones
                                                Mane        Origi       Diaz

Bench; Alisson, Gomez, Thiago, Bobby, Robbo, Milner, Mo, Jota, Virgil, Ox, Taki, Stubbins

Gave Ali a rest for this one only chance he’ll get in the next two weeks, stuck with Trent @ RB, cos we need him and provides balance with Kostas, Robbo looks jaded recently to me so like Ali a welcome break will do him good, with Virgil taking a knock it’s wise we give him the max time possible to recover and NOT take any risks, both Joel &  Ibou will be fine, thought of Gomez at CB but might throw him on for Trent around the hour, but we’ll see,

Thiago is so important to us and would normally be a shoe in, but again the amount of intensity we ask of players can be too demanding so like Virgil, like Mo, Like Robbo we need to look after him, Henderson has been rested of late, and without Fabinho we need the Skip’s leadership and steel, Naby & Curtis will need to step up a level especially Curtis, want to see a improvement from him, he’s in with the big boys now so no room for liability, or lack thereof?

Up top I’ve went with Mane in a familiar role to him, likewise for Diaz, and Big Div in his favoured role, and probably his last full game for us, room for rotation too with Bobby, Jota & Taki available if and when required, so there you have it my X1 for tonight, we need to stay strong and retain our ability to attack as we do, and maintain the way we press & Chase, I think I’ve done that with that X1 albeit without some key elements.

1-3 Mighty Redmen

You’ll Never Walk Alone

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #29: May 17, 2022 02:13:01 pm
      I said the past few weeks that I feel there is one more big Origi moment left in the cards. Today is that day, boys. Late Origi winner to set up a nervy final day of the season
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #30: May 17, 2022 02:33:20 pm
      Reds, don’t know why, I’m not nervous for this game or the next league game. I can’t tell you why. I guess it’s still city’s to lose ?? But come may 28th, I’ll be nervous as all hell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: May 17, 2022 03:55:59 pm
      Think if any of the FBs play could be Robbo who has just had a week off . Trent played the full game so I think he might not play

Good shout. I just think that because Robbo went off with cramp, he's maybe showing a bit more fatigue than what Trent is at the moment. Kostas played well when he came on too so I think I would still slightly hedge my bet on him playing but yeah, you make a good point.
      So difficult to guess the lineups when the games are so close to the previous one. Not like they're nothing games either, literally everything to play for at the moment so it's finding the right balance on not making too many changes to break up the rhythm of the team but also making enough changes to freshen things up where possible. But then, that's why Klopp is manager and I'm just some Scouser feeling like a nervous wreck with each game :laugh:

You say that, and I don't know why I've suddenly thought of this but it's one of those small things in football that bug me. Chelsea play in blue, we play in red and therefore it's not a colour clash....so why did they wear their yellow away kit against us?! It's happened in several games this season I've noticed, not just games involving us but in general.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2022 04:01:59 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: May 17, 2022 04:14:14 pm
      Good shout. I just think that because Robbo went off with cramp, he's maybe showing a bit more fatigue than what Trent is at the moment. Kostas played well when he came on too so I think I would still slightly hedge my bet on him playing but yeah, you make a good point.
      So difficult to guess the lineups when the games are so close to the previous one. Not like they're nothing games either, literally everything to play for at the moment so it's finding the right balance on not making too many changes to break up the rhythm of the team but also making enough changes to freshen things up where possible. But then, that's why Klopp is manager and I'm just some Scouser feeling like a nervous wreck with each game :laugh:

You say that, and I don't know why I've suddenly thought of this but it's one of those small things in football that bug me. Chelsea play in blue, we play in red and therefore it's not a colour clash....so why did they wear their yellow away kit against us?! It's happened in several games this season I've noticed, not just games involving us but in general.

Just banter on myside KK nothing else.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #33: May 17, 2022 04:15:56 pm
      Just banter on myside KK nothing else.

Obviously. Just out interest..are you Hoot..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #34: May 17, 2022 04:21:31 pm
      Obviously. Just out interest..are you Hoot..?

If it suits you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #35: May 17, 2022 04:25:57 pm
      Really need to win this game at all costs. We have 5 days till the next game. Make some changes where appropriate but this has to be a strong lineup.

I'd say Tsimikas gets a start for sure. Thiago for me has to play, he showed very little sign of fatigue. Put in Curtis and Milner, front three should be Bobby, Jota and Minamino.

Put Gomez in to spell Trent, play Joel and Matip at the back. That lineup should boss Soton.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #36: May 17, 2022 04:29:49 pm
      Reds, don’t know why, I’m not nervous for this game or the next league game. I can’t tell you why. I guess it’s still city’s to lose ?? But come may 28th, I’ll be nervous as all hell.

same here its Cities to lose the odds are stacked against us to win the league as well as Paul Merson so what chance do we have.
      But I really fancy us against RM I really do but theat will change 1 minute before kick off no doubt
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #37: May 17, 2022 04:59:30 pm
      Really need to win this game at all costs. We have 5 days till the next game. Make some changes where appropriate but this has to be a strong lineup.

I'd say Tsimikas gets a start for sure. Thiago for me has to play, he showed very little sign of fatigue. Put in Curtis and Milner, front three should be Bobby, Jota and Minamino.

Put Gomez in to spell Trent, play Joel and Matip at the back. That lineup should boss Soton.

I know Joel is good but to cover 2 spots is a bit harsh
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #38: May 17, 2022 05:02:18 pm
      Just read, and it won’t be a shock, VVd and
      Mo, will not be in today’s lineup or bench.

Possibly play against wolves, but definitely will be ready for CL Final
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: May 17, 2022 05:02:50 pm

Maybe they were looking for better luck than they had in blue for League Cup or Super Cup.

P.s. it didn't work.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #40: May 17, 2022 05:06:38 pm
      sometime injuries can occur when you change the routines i.e playing twice a week etc. Resting players can have a negative effect so team selection will be interesting some game time for the big guns would be beneficial if not today on Sunday.
      As always can only see a win for the lads and a big win
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #41: May 17, 2022 05:27:44 pm

VVD not in the side will be big miss and make your task that much harder. Your just a different team when VVD not playing.
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #42: May 17, 2022 05:31:54 pm

Heard Mane and TAA not even travelled
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #43: May 17, 2022 05:38:17 pm
      We will make changes as the boss said.

I think that will be close to the team mate although I think Jota will play

Allison

Gomez     Konate     Matip     Tsimikas

Milner

Jones      Keita

Minamino     Firmino     Origi

Something like this.

think that will be close to the team mate although I think Jota will play
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #44: May 17, 2022 05:40:38 pm
      This is where the squad comes in can’t imagine any players coming in and not giving it 100%. And really at this stage that’s all we can ask , has Div got a grand finale to give us reds , never the best player but as a squad player and in terms of attitude  , been just what a squad needs , come on you reds , get this one done then it’s two finals left , to see what we finish up with , whatever the outcome what a seasons ride we have had  from this team and Klopp ,
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #45: May 17, 2022 05:45:40 pm
      Feeling with the amount if changes this is going to be a scrappy match. Citeh draw gives us something to play for so I am sure whoever started will be motivated.

Quick Reply