Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Wolves, Premier League; 4 pm, Sunday, May 22

Read 6095 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Wolves, Premier League; 4 pm, Sunday, May 22
      May 19, 2022 02:35:24 am
      So the 2021-22 Premier League comes down to one final matchday, with Man City clinging to a one-point lead at the top of the table over Liverpool. Both teams plays at home for their final league match of the season.

Man City host Aston Villa and will be favorites of course, but show a little vulnerability of late due to injuries to their back line. If I was a neutral and a betting man I would bet on City retaining their league title.

I am neither of those,

Liverpool at 27 wins, 8 draws and 2 losses will face a good (not great) Wolves team. Questions exist as of this writing as to the availability of key LFC players such as Virgil Van Dijk, Fabinho, Mo Salah, Thiago and Trent Alexander-Arnold. The Champions League final in Paris vs. Real Madrid always the following weekend, but all focus Sunday must be on this match. The team owes itself full effort to win the league as long as it is possible.

By Friday we should learn who is actually available for selection. Sunday will be a great opportunity for the home support to recognize a tremendous season by our heroes. I would love to see the team finish with a flourish, play some great football and win in style, but if it means winning the league, a goalkeeper clearance caroming in off Bobby's bum for a 1-0 result will do just fine.

Whatever happens in the end, it has been an amazing ride.
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2022 04:19:19 pm by RedPuppy »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Wolves, Premier League; 4 pm, Sunday, May 22
      Reply #1: May 19, 2022 08:43:00 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: May 19, 2022 04:09:30 pm
      72 hours away now
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3: May 19, 2022 04:42:51 pm
      I am sure it will be a great game on Sunday, whoever is picked will put everything into their game finishing the league season with a flourish for a comfortable win against Wolves.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4: May 19, 2022 04:43:42 pm
      I'm visiting relatives on Sunday, so will have it on in the background, so hopefully my heart won't explode because I'll be distracted.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: May 19, 2022 05:12:18 pm
      Could be an epic historic win..one small step for us, one giant kick up the arse for City.
      Just love to see Pep go into one of his melt downs on the touchline..he's a comedy legend same man.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: May 19, 2022 05:31:01 pm
      I'm visiting relatives on Sunday, so will have it on in the background, so hopefully my heart won't explode because I'll be distracted.

Prediction please so I know not to bet on your selection  ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7: May 19, 2022 05:34:58 pm
      Prediction please so I know not to bet on your selection  ;D
      Man City to win 16-0 and us to lose 1-0…  :f_tongueincheek: :lmao:

C’mon voodoo sh*t work!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: May 19, 2022 05:37:02 pm
      Man City to win 16-0 and us to lose 1-0…  :f_tongueincheek: :lmao:

C’mon voodoo sh*t work!

:lmao: In stitches with this one Kop  :lmao:

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #9: May 19, 2022 05:41:20 pm
      I just have a feeling that we are going to beat Wolves and Villa are going to get a draw at the Etihad! Don't ask me why. it is a gut feeling. There will be a lot of pressure on City knowing that they have to win, they have blown 3 tournaments and that will be in the back of their minds going into this game.

I don't feel we are under pressure, everyone is talking about how City are definitely winning the League and that sits fine with me. Let's see what happens. I will pray for us and see where that takes us.

Make no mistake, whatever happens this Season and even if we blow the League and Champions League, this has been an extraordinary Season. What we have achieved so far is absolutely breathtaking and the fact that we can still achieve more just blows me away!

Come on Redmen, we can do this!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: May 19, 2022 05:55:49 pm
      All we can do is end the season on a high note at home beating Wolves. Can't control anything else but I have a sneaky suspicion that a draw is on the cards for City. Probably not but you never know. Skipping Church for this game though, luckily I can watch that on livestream as well. ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #11: May 19, 2022 06:01:02 pm
      All we can do is end the season on a high note at home beating Wolves. Can't control anything else but I have a sneaky suspicion that a draw is on the cards for City. Probably not but you never know. Skipping Church for this game though, luckily I can watch that on livestream as well. ;D

God Bless You FL Red!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: May 19, 2022 09:11:22 pm
      Think Citeh will beat Villa and we'll beat Wolves.
      God, if yer up there, please, prove me wrong on the former.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: May 20, 2022 12:55:57 am
      I think City are both capable of either blowing them off in an instant or to feel the pressure and slip. Hope the last one occurs and we win against Wolves.

I'm feel a little confident to be honest.

Ynwa
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14: May 20, 2022 11:15:01 am
      Important we take the 3 points at home, like some of you I have a gut feeling we may witness a revers of what Kompany did against Leicester with a worldy but only this time Phil putting one in, think he is due one since his PL return...😎
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #15: May 20, 2022 11:23:26 am
      Got myself  ticket for this and the best thing my daughter  will experience her first ever game can't wait to see her face when she hears YNWA and the atmosphere . She could be so lucky to witness something special
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16: May 20, 2022 11:34:41 am
      Maybe I’ve finally lost the plot but I’m feeling quite upbeat and positive  that Villa will take a point and will go on to win it on the last day.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #17: May 20, 2022 11:37:38 am
      Skipping the almighty one for the all mighty , think he’ll let you off this time 🏆
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18: May 20, 2022 11:40:31 am
      Skipping the almighty one for the all mighty , think he’ll let you off this time 🏆

I guess we will find out 😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: May 20, 2022 12:13:56 pm

I have made the same call re church. My condemnation comes from other people, not The Lord.

Come on Boys!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: May 20, 2022 12:17:10 pm
      Driving my kids around at half time, hopefully all the drama happens 2nd half when I have a beer in hand. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: May 20, 2022 02:52:27 pm
      I’d play the kids, and a couple of the tea ladies, cos let’s face it lads, City won’t F**k this up now, if you are all honest with yourselves you will be thinking the same, if you flip it and say Liverpool at home to Villa and a win to retain the title your not going to back against yourself are you ?

Collectively all of us, all we have is hope, and hope doesn’t do winning titles, so i profusely apologise if I’m coming  across as the bearer of doom and gloom, whichever way you look at it City will get the job done, unfortunately, look I know stranger things have happened in the past on final game day, but that’s usually at the other end of the table where a club staves off relegation, very rarely does it happen at the top, that Cnut Tyler’s Aggueroooooooooohhhhhhhh hhhhh moment being the last time it did, and as rare as a Tory cabinet minister telling the truth,

We can all sit back and wonder about the what if’s throughout the whole campaign, but it won’t help pondering over something we can’t change, it may feel like a disappointment but it really really isn’t, it’s just simply unlucky, so rewind to last August and ask yourselves if at by the end of May 2022 we are sat with, the League cup, the FA cup, and the Champions league trophy again, I think you would all jizz in yer boxers, you would wouldn’t you ?

On talkshite this morning a interesting insight came to light when they briefly discussed if managers ever discussed tactics outside of the media’s prying & spying eyes, from what I garnered from the topic was apparently Jürgen alluded to Gerrard not to play the diamond when facing City, so I was thinking do managers collude with each other in private conversations about which tactics to use or not, against another side, I wouldn’t have thought they would, it would mean perhaps changing policy for just one opponent and I would doubt any team could account for that, anyhoo what d’ya think ?

Back on topic,  there is a glimmer that the unlikely could happen, of course there is, we have always fought against adversity and came out smelling very sweet for the most part, there is a chance albeit a very minuscule one that Citeh do F**k up, so all we can do is win our game and whatever may be, may be.

Y  N  W  A
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22: May 20, 2022 03:02:15 pm
      I’d play the kids, and a couple of the tea ladies, cos let’s face it lads, City won’t f**k this up now, if you are all honest with yourselves you will be thinking the same, if you flip it and say Liverpool at home to Villa and a win to retain the title your not going to back against yourself are you ?

Collectively all of us, all we have is hope, and hope doesn’t do winning titles, so i profusely apologise if I’m coming  across as the bearer of doom and gloom, whichever way you look at it City will get the job done, unfortunately, look I know stranger things have happened in the past on final game day, but that’s usually at the other end of the table where a club staves off relegation, very rarely does it happen at the top, that Cnut Tyler’s Aggueroooooooooohhhhhhhh hhhhh moment being the last time it did, and as rare as a Tory cabinet minister telling the truth,

We can all sit back and wonder about the what if’s throughout the whole campaign, but it won’t help pondering over something we can’t change, it may feel like a disappointment but it really really isn’t, it’s just simply unlucky, so rewind to last August and ask yourselves if at by the end of May 2022 we are sat with, the League cup, the FA cup, and the Champions league trophy again, I think you would all jizz in yer boxers, you would wouldn’t you ?

On talkshite this morning a interesting insight came to light when they briefly discussed if managers ever discussed tactics outside of the media’s prying & spying eyes, from what I garnered from the topic was apparently Jürgen alluded to Gerrard not to play the diamond when facing City, so I was thinking do managers collude with each other in private conversations about which tactics to use or not, against another side, I wouldn’t have thought they would, it would mean perhaps changing policy for just one opponent and I would doubt any team could account for that, anyhoo what d’ya think ?

Back on topic,  there is a glimmer that the unlikely could happen, of course there is, we have always fought against adversity and came out smelling very sweet for the most part, there is a chance albeit a very minuscule one that Citeh do f**k up, so all we can do is win our game and whatever may be, may be.

Y  N  W  A

You'd be pissed if we played the kids and got a draw and then City slip up. You don't give up till the last whistle. Know that you gave yourself every opportunity, if you come up short, so be it, but don't ever let there be a question.

Quick Reply