Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Wolves, Premier League; 4 pm, Sunday, May 22

Read 6090 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Wolves, Premier League; 4 pm, Sunday, May 22
      Reply #23: May 20, 2022 03:20:14 pm
      You'd be pissed if we played the kids and got a draw and then City slip up. You don't give up till the last whistle. Know that you gave yourself every opportunity, if you come up short, so be it, but don't ever let there be a question.

I know that mate, I’m hoping you read all of my post cos I’m like everyone else, just looking at the bigger picture, yes there is a chance of course there is, and I’m not giving up, however we have been waiting a few weeks now for Citeh to implode and it hasn’t happened, so although we can all picture a scenario where somehow Villa draw and we win and therefore win the title by a point, I don’t imagine many will be filling a betting slip out and putting their wages on it, do you ?

I was joking of course, about playing the kids, I hope you understand!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24: May 20, 2022 04:30:00 pm

I know that mate, I’m hoping you read all of my post cos I’m like everyone else, just looking at the bigger picture, yes there is a chance of course there is, and I’m not giving up, however we have been waiting a few weeks now for Citeh to implode and it hasn’t happened, so although we can all picture a scenario where somehow Villa draw and we win and therefore win the title by a point, I don’t imagine many will be filling a betting slip out and putting their wages on it, do you ?

I was joking of course, about playing the kids, I hope you understand!

Oh it's all good. I do just have this nagging suspicion that its our year though for something truly historic. So somehow AV is going to have to get a point at least. Either way, not a whole lot more we could have asked of this team this year.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #25: May 20, 2022 04:47:22 pm
      VVD and Mo back in training today which is great news. Would imagine Mo is desperate to get Golden Boot and hopefully Ali can keep clean sheet and win Golden glove. Can't wait just need to block out what's going on at City and focus on the match
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: May 20, 2022 05:59:52 pm
      its going to be f***in brutal on the nerves lets face it we only do it the painful way and then we have to go through it all again on Saturday.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: May 20, 2022 06:13:01 pm
      VVD and Mo back in training today which is great news. Would imagine Mo is desperate to get Golden Boot and hopefully Ali can keep clean sheet and win Golden glove. Can't wait just need to block out what's going on at City and focus on the match

Good news and it has to be a strong line up. I can see Thiago coming back in. He might hold Mo back even VVD till about the hour mark.

Up front Mane,Jota and Diaz with Origi coming on for probably his last Anfield appearance. If it is he will walk off to an ovation I'm sure.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #28: May 21, 2022 07:29:32 am
      We should score quickly to put more pressure on City.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2022 08:27:01 am
      Going for a comfortable 3  0 victory for the Reds, hope we are firing on all cylinders. Also the fans have a memorable day out !
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #30: May 21, 2022 08:31:19 am
      I just have a feeling that we’re going to do it, I have no idea why, but I’m actually feeling quite composed about Sunday. Now whether that is how I feel on Sunday, I somehow doubt! Whatever happens, this team and Jürgen have given us a season like no other, so, so proud of every single one of them!
      Mentality Monsters par excellence!!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31: May 21, 2022 08:46:22 am
      City may get the win to nik the title, or ghey may draw and we win it.
      Whichever way it goes, I know one thing for sure.

Every last one of them, wish they were us 😂😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: May 21, 2022 10:31:45 am
      Hard to imagine Jürgen not playing Mo,Virgil at some point tomorrow, and is Fabinho definitely out or in the same boat as them, they will need game time before facing  RM even if it’s only to keep rhythm and the cogs turning, I think we can probably deal better without Virgil than being without Mo, Joel, Joe & Ibou are well capable of handling whatever Wolves Chuck at us, but attacking wise we definitely miss something when Mo is out,

against Saints we seem to have struggled more down that right side without Mo being there, it doesn’t matter he’s not at his prolific best cos he creates space and makes runs to detract defenders, and back tracks so well, we didn’t have that at St Mary’s quite noticeably, tomorrow we need to be as near as damn it to our best X1 as possible so for me if fit enough I’d be going as full on as we can, try and get ourselves 2/3 up before HT, then we can think about removing certain individuals, assuming all three are ready I’d go ….

Alisson
                            Trent   Matip  Virgil  Robbo
                                          Fabinho
                               Thiago            Naby Lad
                              Salah      Mane       Diaz

Bench; Kelleher, Kostas, Konate, Gomez, Hendo, Milner, Jota, Bobby, Origi, Riesback

It’s a win, of course it’s a win, with half a eye on Eastlands, only question is by how many, we’ll obviously have to much for the wandering Wolves and the quicker we put this to bed the better & heap the pressure on them cnuts.

4-0 Mighty Redmen

YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: May 21, 2022 11:03:16 am
      Ali, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Diaz, Bobby and Mane.

Get the 3 points and hope for the best. I don’t think Villa will get anything from City but we stand half a chance if we do our job.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #34: May 21, 2022 11:32:47 am
      Ali, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Diaz, Bobby and Mane.

Get the 3 points and hope for the best. I don’t think Villa will get anything from City but we stand half a chance if we do our job.

I would go with your team too. Fingers crossed for the best. Thanks for this great season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: May 21, 2022 12:11:10 pm
      if we go 1-0 down and they are 0-0 if 15 to go and we score two quick goals they will sh*t themselves. So many scenarios but they are under pressure not us we can only win the league they can lose it.. Wish it was Sunday 6pm so we know the result the next30 hours are going to be hard
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #36: May 21, 2022 01:02:13 pm
      My heart will explode if we are 1-0 down and them at 0-0… I wouldn’t see the outcome either way  :lmao:

Edit: in reply to walt
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #37: May 21, 2022 01:48:24 pm
      Nice to put ourselves in a position to have this game matter. Hopefully we will put in a good performance to get the result we need on our end and avoid any injuries going into the UCL Final.

Hoping Fabinho and Salah are fit enough to make the bench and get some minutes off the bench before the final as well.

-------------------Alisson---------------
      TAA-------Matip-----VvD----Robbo
      --------Ketia----Hendo----Thiago---
      ------Mane-------Jota-------Diaz----

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: May 21, 2022 05:58:13 pm
      It should be a great atmosphere tomorrow, I'm sure of that.

Our job is easy we just have to do what we normally do and that's win at Anfield.

What happens down the road is out of our control.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: May 21, 2022 06:23:03 pm
      My heart will explode if we are 1-0 down and them at 0-0… I wouldn’t see the outcome either way  :lmao:

Edit: in reply to walt

if we bang in two goals not giving the time to respond it would be perfect but lets just hope we actually do get close to seeing them collapse in a heap
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: May 21, 2022 08:40:49 pm
      Not trying to burst the bubble but looking at Villa, Gerrard has to be disappointed. In truth never really threatened the top 8 and sitting 14th in the table. Would need some luck obviously and some strange quirk to walk off with a point.

Pep will set up as normal, a straightforward home game, attack, push Villa back, dominate possession, look for the opening. Villa will get a sniff and if they take it early on it could happen. Chances are Villa will miss the cut unless they get a hole in one.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #41: May 21, 2022 09:08:55 pm
      I’m very relaxed about tomorrow. If we lose out then so be it, we have a champions league final next weekend to look forward to.

Strange things can happen in sport. Istanbul and indeed the Augero goal 10 years ago prove this.

I’ve a funny feeling something special is going to happen tomorrow. Up da fcuking reds !!
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #42: May 21, 2022 09:25:30 pm
      All we can do is beat Wolves. Whatever else happens is in the lap of the footie gods. Either way, YNWA.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #43: May 21, 2022 10:30:07 pm
      I get why people are relaxed. It’s not in our hands and we could miss out and still end up with a treble but, truth be told, I want this more than any of the others. For all the good it will do me, I’ll be a bag of nerves tomorrow.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #44: May 22, 2022 12:59:13 am
      I’m expecting wolves fans to revel in it like they did in the final game a couple of years back.

I think we will win.
      But by half time city will be 3-0 up.

I’m just hoping that villa actually take their chances that come. If they can do that and maybe score first it’ll pile the pressure on city.
      But they need to stay strong and not concede an early goal like most teams do.

If I had to choose a realistic scenario it would be that city are a goal up with ten minutes to go and then start bricking it.

If our recently injured players are not 100% I wouldn’t risk them.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Kanate
      Matip

Henderson
      Keita
      Thiago

Diaz
      Firmino
      Mane

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: May 22, 2022 05:59:02 am
      Sounds as if Fabinho is in the mix for this match as well.

Quick Reply