Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves

Alisson Becker
      16 (25%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (4.7%)
      Ibrahima Konate
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (7.8%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (9.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      22 (34.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20054 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: May 22, 2022 07:54:40 pm
      Yep, we never quite had our hands on it. There was the sinking feeling that they could mess up and we wouldn’t be able to take advantage. It’s been a weird day. I never had much hope meself but obviously when Coutinho scored you thought sh*t this could actually happen.

Thought it was written in the stars when Coutinho scored the second.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #691: May 22, 2022 07:57:00 pm
      Was working all day and seen the scores a while ago.

Probably was hope at 2-0 Villa but if we're all honest it ended as expected.

What a season and still the big one to go for
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #692: May 22, 2022 08:00:05 pm
      If they do get Haaland, won't make that any easier.

They beat most teams anyway, are they gonna beat them 10 nil instead of 5 nil!?

Who knows, his presence be might even unsettle them a little. Pep signed ibrahimovich at Barca and it didn’t really work out.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #693: May 22, 2022 08:01:18 pm

I had some hope for sure but City have scored goals in quick succession all season. Soon as they got the first I said to my mate were fu**ed.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #694: May 22, 2022 08:03:33 pm
      If Fab makes it I would go Jones. Or even throw Bobby in there to play off the front 3 with Hendo & Fab on sentry duty.

We don't want a war of attrition we want high intensity, pressure, attack, press press press. Bobby presses as well as Jones, is more of a threat and it could just throw Real a puzzle which by the time they get a grip we could be two up.

Not a sh*te day IMO..one to celebrate a great season. They buy their way to trophies, in truth I'd rather see United up there not Mancheater City. At least United have a history similar to us.

Another fantastic effort all round, great respect to everybody at the greatest club in world club football.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2022 09:55:50 pm by Harrisimo »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #695: May 22, 2022 08:16:37 pm
      True. Also we drew every game we had against the other top4 teams.   Probably improve that stat if we can somehow.

if we went to defensive full backs replaced Hendo ,Milner,Naby, Fab with the best midfielders in the world then we could score more goals and concede less we just need to spend £500mil oh and replace Jürgen because he wouldnt go for it. Its up to other teams to be better not just us to be competitive .
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #696: May 22, 2022 08:25:31 pm
      Not too concerned about Haaland joining them because you already have to be basically perfect to win the league, which is what they’ve done the last few seasons.

But to match that consistency season after season is a massive challenge for us and we need to find a different way of doing it to them. Whilst we have Jürgen I will always have faith.

On to 28 May!
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #697: May 22, 2022 08:30:40 pm
      I know slowly I will get over it. But at this very moment I feel so gutted, one single point. How disappointing is that. Just need to win Champions League at any cost. That will hurt shitty too because we have won league but they have never won European cup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #698: May 22, 2022 08:30:54 pm
      Not too concerned about Haaland joining them because you already have to be basically perfect to win the league, which is what they’ve done the last few seasons.

But to match that consistency season after season is a massive challenge for us and we need to find a different way of doing it to them. Whilst we have Jürgen I will always have faith.

On to 28 May!

its not up to us it is upto the other teams who simply just dont try to compete with them 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #699: May 22, 2022 08:37:49 pm
      Was working all day and seen the scores a while ago.

Probably was hope at 2-0 Villa but if we're all honest it ended as expected.

What a season and still the big one to go for

When it was 2-0 to Villa I genuinely believed it was our destiny, felt that we just needed a goal to go ahead and pile the pressure on City but in the end, I think everyone knew they would end up coming back. Applaud Villa for making a game of it. And hats off to Wolves they certainly didn’t roll over for us.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,315 posts | 775 
      Reply #700: May 22, 2022 08:41:48 pm
      its not up to us it is upto the other teams who simply just dont try to compete with them
      It' true, too many teams just roll over and except it as a fixture they can't get a point from
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #701: May 22, 2022 08:42:37 pm
      Could have been much worse though, had we lost both Wembley finals in shootout. Just trying to convince myself that we have won something. Also something big just 6 days away. Hopefully we will win that.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,315 posts | 775 
      Reply #702: May 22, 2022 08:48:25 pm
      Could have been much worse though, had we lost both Wembley finals in shootout. Just trying to convince myself that we have won something. Also something big just 6 days away. Hopefully we will win that.
      As Jürgen said himself..We didn't win either cup final, they were draws...We won 2 penalty shootouts, and we all know how much luck comes into that...Of course it's no luck getting to the finals, hopefully no shootout needed in Paris
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #703: May 22, 2022 08:51:49 pm
      When it was 2-0 to Villa I genuinely believed it was our destiny, felt that we just needed a goal to go ahead and pile the pressure on City but in the end, I think everyone knew they would end up coming back. Applaud Villa for making a game of it. And hats off to Wolves they certainly didn’t roll over for us.

But they rolled over for City. No hats off at all, Wolves can do one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #704: May 22, 2022 09:21:36 pm
      This one hurts more than when we missed out with 97 points. When Villa were 2-0 up I thought that was it, I was always certain we’d get another goal vs Wolves and I expected at best City would get it back to 2-2, never did I think they’d get a 3rd and for all of the goals to be within 5minutes.
      Gerrard got it wrong today, he took off Coutinho within a minute of him scoring, Coutinho has been average but that goal would’ve had him full of confidence so to take him off and leave on Buendia for Nakamba, it makes no sense to me.

Some might argue had we gotten a 2nd goal sooner then the news would’ve filtered through to City and had a negative impact on them but let’s face it, their crowd is sh*te anyway and wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference.

Always expected City to win today but the way they done it was a hammer blow.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #705: May 22, 2022 09:33:21 pm

That's what I thought !!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #706: May 22, 2022 09:33:32 pm
      There was a bit of shock initially with how they came back today but really I think I'd kind of already processed City winning the league when we dropped points to Spurs as I couldn't see them faltering twice in the run in.

They were probably slightly better than us this season and deserve the title. For us, I think we just left ourselves too much to do in the end. Few silly performances in the first half of the season where we had leads and threw them away probably cost us but like I said before, you can't be too critical of a 92 point season.

Time to switch off from football for a few days I think and then set the excitement of Paris begin.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #707: May 22, 2022 09:53:14 pm
      I’m totally gutted. Would have been easier if Villa never went ahead, but for Gerrard to make the changes he did opened the door for them. Was always confident we’d beat wolves, but far play to them. With nothing to win or lose, they certainly had a go!
      Unlike the sh*te teams who are beat before they start v city, and go there expecting to lose.
      Gave Mane motm, does anyone in the prem work harder ?
      And on to Sat in Paris. Got a few walking wounded, hope they all recover in time. If not, Curtis is not the player to turn to for a game of that magnitude !
      Fingers crossed the medics can work a miracle on Tiago. He’ll be a huge miss !
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #708: May 22, 2022 10:00:46 pm
      I’m totally gutted. Would have been easier if Villa never went ahead, but for Gerrard to make the changes he did opened the door for them. Was always confident we’d beat wolves, but far play to them. With nothing to win or lose, they certainly had a go!
      Unlike the sh*te teams who are beat before they start v city, and go there expecting to lose.
      Gave Mane motm, does anyone in the prem work harder ?
      And on to Sat in Paris. Got a few walking wounded, hope they all recover in time. If not, Curtis is not the player to turn to for a game of that magnitude !
      Fingers crossed the medics can work a miracle on Tiago. He’ll be a huge miss !

Looking at Thiago's expression as he sat watching tell you he is out of the final. Gutted for the lad, he missed the League Cup final as well. Gerrard has to be disappointed with Villa. 14th isn't much kop is it.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #709: May 22, 2022 10:04:25 pm
      The Buzz in the main stand when Villa scored their second was immense but then it occurred again at 3-2 which was a phantom my daughters face was  picture only for it to quickly change . So many different emotions today really been a weird.experience
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,315 posts | 775 
      Reply #710: May 22, 2022 10:14:17 pm
      I remember the late great Jimmy Greaves saying "Football's a funny old game"....well it wasn't funny today
      I feel sick...Footballing immortality was almost in our grasp.

I hope there's enough in the tank to go again in Paris.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #711: May 22, 2022 10:22:23 pm
      Shattered

Sat there at the ground gutted knowing we won the game but we actually lost the war!

Can’t believe those cu*ts scored 3 in 6 mins, how’s our F***ing luck!!!

On to Paris to put this bittersweet day behind us!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #712: May 22, 2022 10:45:31 pm
      At one point I dared to believe when Villa went 2 goals up, could we really do the impossible and claim the title, unfortunately our dreams were dashed but today was not for the faint hearted and we battled brilliantly to the very end, for seeing as we were 14 points behind in January, we fought magnificently under Jurgens charge to still be in the running for the title on the very last day.

Liverpool football club - the only team to push city again right to the end, very proud of Jürgen and the boys in their battle.

A brilliant performance over a very long season and it still ain't over, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've given us this season.

Always behind you, always supporting you....

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply