1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19634 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 83 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: May 22, 2022 10:51:07 pm
      Gerrard wanted to protect the defense more. No brainer with a 2 goal lead. If he does leave C. on the pitch and City scores three it's the same blame. But now Gerrard is two times a tragic figure in our quest for a domestic title. That's just unlucky. He'd deserve better.

p.s. I really hope Elliott and Carvalho give us something next season, not just bench warmers but real contenders for first 11. Possible or naive to think?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #714: May 22, 2022 10:51:57 pm
      I am strangely OK with the season ending as we did all we could today and considering we lost players to the Afcon had to deal with Mo's form falling off a cliff we still have won two trophies and next week we will win the Big one for the 7th time our season goes on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #715: May 22, 2022 10:53:52 pm
      with all the fuss and nonsense by the great and the good following the FA Cup final sing along its interesting that supporters running on to pitches attacking players and managers hardly gets any condemnation.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #716: May 22, 2022 11:40:33 pm
      I was "gifted" a little more perspective than most re today as Friday night I got a call that my Dad was taken to the ER at our local hospital and I ended up staying with him there and bringing him home in the middle of the night. After being with him (along with other family members) most of Saturday, I was thinking he'd recovered fairly quickly but this morning at 4:30 I got a call from him saying he was on the floor at his apartment and could not get up. I went there (lives 5 minutes away) and was unable to get him into a chair on my own and had to wait for my son to come and help me lift him. His issue was low blood sugar as he has a habit of ignoring his diabetes, and even fresh off a hospital scare he didn't do some of the basics he needs to re eating.

He opted not to go back to the hospital (and basically there's nothing they can do to help him) and so much of today has been spent rotating over there with other family members. I was able to see the game but even as I was interested as ever, I had a pretty keen "not life or death" mode goign on as I watched.

He seems to be doing better now but this apparently is what life will be like going forward. On that note, I am just reminded how great and enjoyable a season this has been, what a lovely club this is to support, what an entertaining team we have, how many top people there are posting on these boards and how all of these things can make this life a little more worthwhile, if we let it.

Congratulations to you all on being a Liverpool supporter. I hope you can enjoy the many blessings that are present right before us.

Rob
      +19
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #717: May 22, 2022 11:42:26 pm
      Didnā€™t help when some blert started the bollocks about Villa making it 3-3, cheers around the stadium like when they went 1-0 and 2-0 up.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #718: May 22, 2022 11:52:16 pm
      Just watched MOTD, struggling to understand why, with 14 minutes to go, Villa were so open at the back when winning 2-0. Very naive!!!
      Okamoto
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #719: May 23, 2022 12:38:59 am
      Gerrard wanted to protect the defense more. No brainer with a 2 goal lead. If he does leave C. on the pitch and City scores three it's the same blame. But now Gerrard is two times a tragic figure in our quest for a domestic title. That's just unlucky. He'd deserve better.

p.s. I really hope Elliott and Carvalho give us something next season, not just bench warmers but real contenders for first 11. Possible or naive to think?

You don't sub a player that just scored a goal who also happens to be the best player in your team.

Tactics are an important part of football but so is momentum. Phil had just scored a hell of a goal and had his morale through the roof, not only because of the goal but the meaning behind it.

We'll never know if Villa wouldn't have atleast tied the match but it was not a wise move at all.

When he went off I instantly had flashbacks from the UCL final we won against Tottenham, when Pochettino decided not to put Lucas among the first eleven despite the whole team expecting it due to good form and him being the hero in their previous game. Thankfully that time it was in our favor.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,743 posts | 460 
      Reply #720: May 23, 2022 12:49:44 am
      Red, Iā€™m hurting tonight, my insides have been torn up from today. We were so close.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #721: May 23, 2022 02:24:32 am
      Didnā€™t help when some blert started the bollocks about Villa making it 3-3, cheers around the stadium like when they went 1-0 and 2-0 up.

Saw that on TVā€¦I was like wtf? How do you do that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #722: May 23, 2022 03:37:00 am
      With their state run oil money this will happen again and again and again. We did very well to finish just one point behind them. They are simply untouchable to corrupt FFP. Bribery at the extreme level.

This. Just not spoke about enough.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #723: May 23, 2022 03:38:59 am
      Just watched MOTD, struggling to understand why, with 14 minutes to go, Villa were so open at the back when winning 2-0. Very naive!!!

From the bits I seen on my phone while watching us on telly they put a shift in, to be honest. Bound to tire, though. Just wish they didn't collapse so spectacularly. Obviously.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #724: May 23, 2022 07:35:15 am

Itā€™s just accepted by fans and the media - they are cheats, nothing more too it really. And how F***ing long is this premier league investigator into them going to take, itā€™s been about 3 years now, although fully expect that to conclude with a slap on the wrist at best.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,890 posts | 4963 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #725: May 23, 2022 07:38:18 am
      I was "gifted" a little more perspective than most re today as Friday night I got a call that my Dad was taken to the ER at our local hospital and I ended up staying with him there and bringing him home in the middle of the night. After being with him (along with other family members) most of Saturday, I was thinking he'd recovered fairly quickly but this morning at 4:30 I got a call from him saying he was on the floor at his apartment and could not get up. I went there (lives 5 minutes away) and was unable to get him into a chair on my own and had to wait for my son to come and help me lift him. His issue was low blood sugar as he has a habit of ignoring his diabetes, and even fresh off a hospital scare he didn't do some of the basics he needs to re eating.

He opted not to go back to the hospital (and basically there's nothing they can do to help him) and so much of today has been spent rotating over there with other family members. I was able to see the game but even as I was interested as ever, I had a pretty keen "not life or death" mode goign on as I watched.

He seems to be doing better now but this apparently is what life will be like going forward. On that note, I am just reminded how great and enjoyable a season this has been, what a lovely club this is to support, what an entertaining team we have, how many top people there are posting on these boards and how all of these things can make this life a little more worthwhile, if we let it.

Congratulations to you all on being a Liverpool supporter. I hope you can enjoy the many blessings that are present right before us.

Rob

Jeez mate, thatā€™s a tough gig right there, I hope your Dad gets with it real soon mate, but bear in mind mate itā€™s only football, life is much much more important than kicking a ball around a park, we are of course all emotionally involved in whoeverā€™s we support and for some itā€™s perhaps all they have, but Iā€™m sure you and your kin will look after your Dad and support him through the hard times he may encounter, wish him well from us your other family Robby, and tell him to imagine the Kop in full voice are right behind him singing ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Alone ā€œ, that should lift his spirits, all the best mate.

YOUā€™LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #726: May 23, 2022 07:58:55 am
      We did our bit in the end, took the league down to the last 15mins of the season. Superb effort after being 14 points behind.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,762 posts | 388 
      Reply #727: May 23, 2022 08:08:24 am
      Time to look forward not back now. We need to get back to a proper structure against Madrid
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #728: May 23, 2022 08:20:16 am
      Time to look forward not back now. We need to get back to a proper structure against Madrid

Without Thiago and Fabinho itā€™ll be difficult. Those injuries have made the pendulum shift IMO.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,890 posts | 4963 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #729: May 23, 2022 08:21:01 am
      I couldnā€™t give a number Walt itā€™s  frightening to think just how much it will take. We need least 5 players ( arguably more ) and changes behind the scenes. I know 500 million wouldnā€™t win us the league as weā€™re simply to far behind you lot! and City.

Think Chavs will go backwards next year no matter what happens in transfer market.

Newcastle will obviously strengthen and possibly top 6 with new additions in the summer. Mourinho will be at Porto one more year. In my opinion he will join them in the summer of next year. Think Iā€™ll check the odds on that one.  ;D

Keith mate, you will need more than 5 players, and probably 5 years, a complete overhaul from top to bottom is needed, starting in the boardroom, the current lot are a ageing squad and would need replacing anyway, so count on your fingers the younger lads, those with potential and build from there, it can be done, you only have to look up at the other end of the East Lancs Rd for proof, that and rid yourselves of all those egoā€™s, like Ladyboy, Pogba, even Bruno, forget Greenwood heā€™ll be a arse bandit by the end of next season and inside a 10x8,  dunno  about slab head, with the right coaching and some decent defensive mates he could improve your back line, and Iā€™m not totally convinced Ten Baag is the right fit either, he done well with Ajax, but Ajax donā€™t play in the EPL, but weā€™ll see I guess, heā€™s taken on a proper poisoned chalice and your board need to stick with him, f***in him off after one season ainā€™t gonna work, but would be extremely funny, in fact f***in hilarious,

All that pontificating about finishing second, and ā€˜weā€™reā€™ back amongst all your other delusionists has gotten you where, Sixth, bit of a drop that mate, and that was bringing back golden bollocks too, your favoured Son, yeah that helped didnā€™t it ? Best get back on topic and end this bulletin before the Mods do, so itā€™s Happy Mediocrity from me, and Happier Mediocrity from him  >:D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #730: May 23, 2022 08:27:38 am
      The second best 'half-season' in the clubs history.  51 points in the second half of this season, bettered only by the 55 points we won in the first half of the 19/20 season.  When you throw three cup finals into the mix then it really is something else.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,669 posts | 6684 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #731: May 23, 2022 09:37:31 am

We need to stop conceding inside the first 5 min! 🤦🏾ā€ā™‚ļø
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #732: May 23, 2022 09:55:19 am
      Even though we missed out winning the league by a whisker the REDS have done us proud this season.City know they won the itle by the skin of their balls.It.s time to get back to the champions league final and make Real Madrid pay, after all we owe them a bloody good hiding.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #733: May 23, 2022 10:22:52 am
      There's no currency in blaming Villa for the result, quite the opposite, they took the game to City and for a while gave us hope and belief.
      There's no denying that conceding 3 in the final 15 was so improbable is why it hurts so much.

It'll hurt for a while as we (or anyone else) are unlikely to get that close again to a potential quadruple.

All blame on match officials, mostly VAR at Everton
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #734: May 23, 2022 10:45:51 am

Keith mate, you will need more than 5 players, and probably 5 years, a complete overhaul from top to bottom is needed, starting in the boardroom, the current lot are a ageing squad and would need replacing anyway, so count on your fingers the younger lads, those with potential and build from there, it can be done, you only have to look up at the other end of the East Lancs Rd for proof, that and rid yourselves of all those egoā€™s, like Ladyboy, Pogba, even Bruno, forget Greenwood heā€™ll be a arse bandit by the end of next season and inside a 10x8,  dunno  about slab head, with the right coaching and some decent defensive mates he could improve your back line, and Iā€™m not totally convinced Ten Baag is the right fit either, he done well with Ajax, but Ajax donā€™t play in the EPL, but weā€™ll see I guess, heā€™s taken on a proper poisoned chalice and your board need to stick with him, f***in him off after one season ainā€™t gonna work, but would be extremely funny, in fact f***in hilarious,

All that pontificating about finishing second, and ā€˜weā€™reā€™ back amongst all your other delusionists has gotten you where, Sixth, bit of a drop that mate, and that was bringing back golden bollocks too, your favoured Son, yeah that helped didnā€™t it ? Best get back on topic and end this bulletin before the Mods do, so itā€™s Happy Mediocrity from me, and Happier Mediocrity from him  >:D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

I did say arguably more than 5 Billy Bob.  ;D 

So our new manger been nicknamed Slaphead has he with you lot!  :lmao: I like that one  ;D  Hopefully he slaps your arses when we play you mother fcukers next year but wonā€™t count my chickens.  ;D

Iā€™m not convinced either, itā€™s a case of just hoping it works, I know this much, we wonā€™t win the league next year for sure. Cityā€™s name all over it again with the addition of Haaland. Itā€™s like Walt said!! Money money money is buying the noisy neighbours the PL every year.

You lads have done remarkably well when you consider you donā€™t have a fraction of Ā£Ā£Ā£ to spend as them. Problem is neither you or United can spend enough to keep up with City.  :(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #735: May 23, 2022 10:52:49 am

It will take a couple of years of them walking it by 10-12 points before people start to give a F**k.

At the moment the narrative of having two teams slog it out is enough to keep the media quiet. Similarly other fans donā€™t care as no one has a real rivalry with City and at the moment them playing like this means we win less which also suits them.

Quick Reply