Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves

Alisson Becker
      16 (25%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (4.7%)
      Ibrahima Konate
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (7.8%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (9.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      22 (34.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19297 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: May 23, 2022 05:51:24 pm

might even leave the couch against the wall mate and sit on it rather than cower behind it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #760: May 23, 2022 05:51:44 pm
      How flat has everyone been feeling today? I feel like a bouncy castle that has had all it's air let out!

I'm still processing how close we potentially came to winning it. It's only just properly sinking in.

Still pissed that Villa collapsed like they did. Was confident we had it, think the majority of us were thinking it was really starting to look that way.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #761: May 23, 2022 06:13:04 pm
      I have a lot of respect for City. They are obviously benefiting massively from their owner's wealth and can afford almost any player they want who isn't Harry Kane. But they fought back from 2-0 down against West Ham to get a draw then did it again against Villa. They have a good team spirit and 1 of the best players in the world in KDB. Villa had played on Thursday and City wore them down and got the goals they needed.

I  don't blame City for the unequal financial situation in football, they have the money and are building a very good team.  The Premier league, FA and UEFA are to blame for the failure of FFP.

City are probably 1 of best teams in 1st division history. For Klopp, his players and staff to come so close to to winning the league is unbelievable. Yesterday was very disappointing but we keep getting better, almost every season, building a squad that can win almost every game they play. The future still looks good.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #762: May 23, 2022 06:30:00 pm
      I have a lot of respect for City.

None here, they're scruffy, cheating manc cu*ts. Not even the biggest team in their own city.

Like a scruff who strikes it lucky and finds a paying lotto ticket.

Any red saying they respect those oil rich pricks needs to re-evaluate why they watch footy.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #763: May 23, 2022 06:31:55 pm
      None here, they're scruffy, cheating manc cu*ts. Not even the biggest team in their own city.

Like a scruff who strikes it lucky and finds a paying lotto ticket.

Any red saying they respect those oil rich pricks needs to re-evaluate why they watch footy.

Preach it. Number 7 comes home Saturday. It will be 7 more than they have 😉
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #764: May 23, 2022 07:01:03 pm
      How flat has everyone been feeling today? I feel like a bouncy castle that has had all it's air let out!

I'm still processing how close we potentially came to winning it. It's only just properly sinking in.

Same here, I am still recovering from major surgery, I was doing well, but this has knocked me back! I really thought we had it, we will go again on Saturday! They would love to be in our situation, they desperately want to win the Champions League, they can only dream! We pick ourselves us and we go again, Mentality Monsters on the road!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #765: May 23, 2022 07:08:44 pm
      I have a lot of respect for City. They are obviously benefiting massively from their owner's wealth and can afford almost any player they want who isn't Harry Kane. But they fought back from 2-0 down against West Ham to get a draw then did it again against Villa. They have a good team spirit and 1 of the best players in the world in KDB. Villa had played on Thursday and City wore them down and got the goals they needed.

I  don't blame City for the unequal financial situation in football, they have the money and are building a very good team.  The Premier league, FA and UEFA are to blame for the failure of FFP.

City are probably 1 of best teams in 1st division history. For Klopp, his players and staff to come so close to to winning the league is unbelievable. Yesterday was very disappointing but we keep getting better, almost every season, building a squad that can win almost every game they play. The future still looks good.

Well fella you are entitled to your opinion but to say you respect them, respect them for what, cheating the system, respect them for not filling thier stadium week in and week out, respecting them because they can blow any team in the Premiership out of the water with all thier money .
      Sorry not for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #766: May 23, 2022 07:51:58 pm
      Whoever started that rumour about Villa making it 3-3 in the 86th minute needs a punishment beating.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #767: May 23, 2022 07:52:29 pm

Respecting for killing the beautiful game? Respecting for being a cheat? We all know very well how they bend the rules and make FFP a fool. Of course they can come from 2 goals behind and win games because they will bring on one of their 100 million pound player to change things and it will more likely to work. Absolutely no credit should be given to them for having filthy money and buying players. Anyone who loves football should not say things like ' I give City credit' , credit for WHAT???
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #768: May 23, 2022 07:56:03 pm
      Yep. Still fuming at how "professional manager"/"super fan" Gerrard let it down in the final 15 minutes (all within 5 minutes) when all he had to do was stop City from scoring THREE times!! THREE times! 15 minutes to stop 3 goals.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Why couldn't he do it?!

Cos he wasn't playing!!

That "super fan" has probably still been to more games than you.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #769: May 23, 2022 08:12:36 pm
      Whoever started that rumour about Villa making it 3-3 in the 86th minute needs a punishment beating.

Where were you Sat ? I was in main stand and told a few that it wasn't true and they wouldn't have it so it just spread
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #770: May 23, 2022 08:26:20 pm

Probably become the next Prime Minister.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #771: May 23, 2022 08:45:19 pm
      Respecting for killing the beautiful game? Respecting for being a cheat? We all know very well how they bend the rules and make FFP a fool. Of course they can come from 2 goals behind and win games because they will bring on one of their 100 million pound player to change things and it will more likely to work. Absolutely no credit should be given to them for having filthy money and buying players. Anyone who loves football should not say things like ' I give City credit' , credit for WHAT???
      Using transfermarkt.com as my source......

Since 2011-12 season (when most senior LFC player Henderson was acquired)....

LFC has spent 1.092 billion pounds in transfer fees from acquisitions
      LFC has received 665 million in transfer fees from sales
      Net spend: 427 million

During same 11 year period...
      MNC has spent 1.654 billion
      MNC has received 608 million
      Net spend 1.046 billion pounds

Current roster....
      LFC spent 632 million pounds in transfer fees to field 2021-22 team
      MNC spent 895 million pounds in transfer fees to field 2021-22 team

Salaries...(using capology.com)
      LFC......139.7 mill pounds
      MNC.....149.2 mill pounds
      ----------------------
      Note: source sites somewhat differ on yearly transfer fees but 'net spends' are similar and more importantly display the vast disparity between the two operations

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #772: May 23, 2022 09:16:00 pm
      its also City's bollox of a trading statement with all their linked sponsors basically financing the team and portraying themselves as a global club we all know where the money comes from well we do Uefa and the EPL dont seem to
      Just watching the post match events . No shouting no invading the pitch total respect for Jürgen the players and the Club.
      Win lose or draw on Saturday I hope everyone turns out on Sunday to thank the lads for all their incredible efforts this season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #773: May 23, 2022 09:34:27 pm
      Roll on Saturday, hopefully we can forget the misery of losing out in the title race by beating Real Madrid, to lift another Champion's league trophy !
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #774: May 23, 2022 09:39:16 pm

I agree with almost all of what you say, City and other teams with super rich owners are taking advantage of the lack of rules to buy trophies. City were also given that massive stadium (that they can't fill) cheaply after the commonwealth games.
      I still think they play good football, have a good manager and a lot of world class players. I didn't respect Chelsea under Mourinho, they had the money but played ugly football. I can watch other teams play and appreciate good football, Pep's Barcelona, Arsenal  in the early Wenger years even some of Fergie's Man U teams.
      There have always been super rich teams who manipulate or cheat the rules. Madrid's local government bought their old training ground for millions more than it was worth to fund the galactico spending, many other examples. If DIC had bought Liverpool instead of Hicks and Gillett we might be fans of a club that is buying trophies

I think Klopp, his players and staff have done an amazing job competing with City, Real, PSG, etc. Our trophies are worth 100 of their trophies because we've done it without financial doping.

We've had an amazing season and number 7 can put the icing on the cake.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #775: May 23, 2022 09:43:06 pm
      I'm not down over missing the title by a wisker, what pisses me off is the fact that plenty of teams wrote off their chances against City. Going in with a defeatist attitude. United benefitted from that type of attitude as well.

City didn't win the title..they bought it.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #776: May 23, 2022 10:06:03 pm

It happened in the 97/98 point season, almost inevitable. Pretty much everyone in the ground has access to live score feeds so not really a problem. People are eager to believe what they want to be true regardless of evidence.

Like everyone else, presumably, I expected both us and City to win, but for it to happen in the way it did is excruciating. To come so close to shutting United up forever and their flukey, ugly, tiny 79 points treble is not worth thinking about.

It's taken until now, and many beers, to come to terms with the disappointment, but let's look forward. Let's smash these Madrid cu*ts. Backing Salah for two goals.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #777: May 23, 2022 10:16:02 pm
      Never resort to violence
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #778: May 23, 2022 10:25:40 pm

Agree. I just couldn’t imagine LFC fans breaking down our own goalposts. Disgraced scenes yesterday with the Villa keeper assaulted.

There is something soulless about Man City. Yea they beat us to the title but meh….I don’t feel anything.

If it were Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal it would feel bad.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #779: May 23, 2022 10:28:39 pm
      Ok, but is anyone confident there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion had we won the title with the win v Wolves?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #780: May 23, 2022 10:39:10 pm
      Where were you Sat ? I was in main stand and told a few that it wasn't true and they wouldn't have it so it just spread

It happened on the final day a few seasons ago as well. I think that time the roar was started in the away end (forget who we were playing) and spread quickly.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #781: May 23, 2022 11:01:24 pm
      I hate Man City, I hate Man Utd. I firmly believe the Liverpool/Utd rivalry is based on a begrudging acknowledgement of what both of these self made huge clubs have achieved (even if their fans are pricks) but I have no respect whatsoever for an Arab state backed oil rich club that have basically ruined football in England and denied Klopp the full plaudits nationally he deserves. We are keeping pace in what is a completely unlevel playing field.

Quick Reply