Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fabio Carvalho Player Thread (F)

Read 20360 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Re: Fabio Carvalho Player Thread (F)
      Reply #92: Jun 06, 2023 04:36:21 pm
      I would sell him for a low fee around 10M, with the option to buy back for 18M valid for 4yrs.

If Klopp wants to keep him then play him in every Europa League group matches.
      The one beautiful thing about Europa is it sets us up to give a lot of game time for the younger guys. Let Elliot play at the RW in Poland. Play Carvalho, Morton, Gomez, Bradley, and Tsimikas in Austra.

We should be able to rotate heavily in those games and give our top players more breaks this year
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #93: Jun 06, 2023 04:37:58 pm
      Klopp has already said he will go on loan.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #94: Jun 06, 2023 07:05:59 pm
      Imagine keeping Jones whilst letting Carvalho go.  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #95: Jun 06, 2023 07:57:10 pm

Jones is an important asset that played a good part of our last matches where we were brilliant.

Come on, think.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,033 posts | 3429 
      Reply #96: Jun 06, 2023 08:59:08 pm

Did you not watch any of the last 10 games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #97: Jun 06, 2023 10:03:33 pm

Yea imagine keeping the player who's had a big impact towards the end of the season.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 770 
      Reply #98: Jun 06, 2023 10:03:46 pm
      Jones is an important asset that played a good part of our last matches where we were brilliant.

Come on, think.
      Brilliant.....Does that include the 4-4 with anchored to the bottom of the league Southampton?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #99: Jun 06, 2023 11:02:13 pm
      Did you not watch any of the last 10 games

When Carvalho didn't get to play? You're not serious
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #100: Jun 06, 2023 11:10:09 pm
      When Carvalho didn't get to play? You're not serious

Think that's the point we're making.

Jones has proven his worth to the team and is lightyears ahead of Fabio in his development.

A good loan will do him the world of good
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #101: Jun 06, 2023 11:39:07 pm

The point you're making is the failure of Klopp to play a lad without justification.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #102: Jun 06, 2023 11:40:31 pm
      The point you're making is the failure of Klopp to play a lad without justification.

Him not being ready or not being good enough isn't justification then?

I'm pretty sure you're not 9 years old so surely you understand this
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #103: Jun 07, 2023 12:48:02 am
      Just because Klopp chose not to play him doesn't mean he wasn't good enough. Surely you understand this.

Klopp has had a terrible season and made a lot of mistakes.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #104: Jun 07, 2023 03:30:26 am

Jones has proven his worth to the team and is lightyears ahead of Fabio in his development.

A good loan will do him the world of good

Proven his worth 😆 ... he's proven nothing. Had a couple of decent games after being injured again all season. Hes got plenty to prove.

As for fabio ... when he wasn't loaned back out for the season I felt it was because Jürgen thought he was good enough to feature straight away ... and it started out like that. But then changed quickly. Imagine what year on loan in Fulham team could have done for him.

Whatever way you look at it ... another shambles from a summer of shambles. The lad has been let down and I hope he can get his career back on track because he seems to have lost all confidence
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #105: Jun 07, 2023 08:32:27 am
      Brilliant.....Does that include the 4-4 with anchored to the bottom of the league Southampton?

Dead rubber game. He was not at fault. Super pessimism, the other matches that we won on a roll? Only focusing on the negative.

Players are not robots.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #106: Jun 07, 2023 08:48:21 am
      Proven his worth 😆 ... he's proven nothing. Had a couple of decent games after being injured again all season. Hes got plenty to prove.

As for fabio ... when he wasn't loaned back out for the season I felt it was because Jürgen thought he was good enough to feature straight away ... and it started out like that. But then changed quickly. Imagine what year on loan in Fulham team could have done for him.

Whatever way you look at it ... another shambles from a summer of shambles. The lad has been let down and I hope he can get his career back on track because he seems to have lost all confidence

Developing as a professional footballer is about more than playing 1st team games in big stadiums. Fabio has played  a  good few championship games with Fulham, he's now had a season with the Liverpool squad training, being coached and getting a few minutes on the pitch.

Klopp may have made a few mistakes this year, everyone is human and makes mistakes, but he knows more about football than you, me or anyone on this forum. If he plays Jones ahead of Fabio there will be good reasons for that. If he wants Fabio to go on loan or stay with Liverpool next season then he will ha e good reasons for that.

Of course, you and me have every right to express our opinions on a forum. Me personally, I'd keep him at the club for the early European games then send him on loan in Jan to a club in middle/Lower hart of prem.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,300 posts | 770 
      Reply #107: Jun 07, 2023 09:42:06 am
      Dead rubber game. He was not at fault. Super pessimism, the other matches that we won on a roll? Only focusing on the negative.

Players are not robots.
      The original post said "we" were brilliant, not "he"...It was an impressive/brilliant run of results we managed to grind out, though not especially impressive/brilliant on the eye. I'm not digging Jones out, he played his part.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #108: Jun 07, 2023 10:55:29 am

We'll agree to disagree.

Fabio looks like he'll be a good player but doesn't seem to fit with what we we're looking to do last season.

Loads of mistakes were made last season from top to bottom, I've been on record on that, but it won't be the first or last time a young player had been signed and either didnt cut the mustard or didn't quite fit with the squad.

When I say Curtis has proven his worth, yes he's still more to do, he has over the latter part of the season and that's the period where we played our best football for the most part and he was very much a part of that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #109: Jun 07, 2023 11:40:29 am
      I’ve read rumors of an attitude issue. Maybe Klopp likes the skill but not the attitude and is waiting for the kid to sort himself out.

Who knows, either way the boss knows what he wants from players and he sees them everyday so what are you going to do?

To be honest, when he did play he wasn’t better than Jones has been towards the end of the season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #110: Jun 07, 2023 01:58:32 pm
      Klopp has already said he will go on loan.
      You're right Brezi. Although I wonder what happens if it is the player's wish to leave. I guess that in that case we just have to figure out a way to get a good deal as in a buy-back clause or, if it's impossible, a good price in relation to what we paid to get him.

I know we have targets and that's the way we work, but if RB want him so much and there is a player on their team that we are interested in then maybe a deal for Fabio could facilitate the move for that player.

The problem with this situation is that we can't just send this kid on the good old Championship loan. It would be a step sideways if not a step backwards with him. The reason I say that is that he was already tearing the Championship apart a year ago which suggests he needs a higher level of football to continue developing. We'd have to find him PL time (which is hard to find on loan) or send him somewhere in Europe where he'll get plenty of playing time and a good chance to actually develop. It's hard to get any guarantee a player you send out on loan will actually be given a good chunk of playing time.

Bit of a hard situation to be in for us especially if most clubs that come knocking at our door for a permanent transfer are not interested in a buy-back clause. Most clubs of RB's size and up will not want to include a buy-back clause unless its a ridiculous number because they know that, in that market, they can get a better deal if they develop him for a season or two + if the player's agent or the player himself hint he wants to leave then we are no in the best of positions negotiation-wise.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #111: Jun 07, 2023 02:14:08 pm
      You're right Brezi. Although I wonder what happens if it is the player's wish to leave. I guess that in that case we just have to figure out a way to get a good deal as in a buy-back clause or, if it's impossible, a good price in relation to what we paid to get him.

I know we have targets and that's the way we work, but if RB want him so much and there is a player on their team that we are interested in then maybe a deal for Fabio could facilitate the move for that player.

The problem with this situation is that we can't just send this kid on the good old Championship loan. It would be a step sideways if not a step backwards with him. The reason I say that is that he was already tearing the Championship apart a year ago which suggests he needs a higher level of football to continue developing. We'd have to find him PL time (which is hard to find on loan) or send him somewhere in Europe where he'll get plenty of playing time and a good chance to actually develop. It's hard to get any guarantee a player you send out on loan will actually be given a good chunk of playing time.

Bit of a hard situation to be in for us especially if most clubs that come knocking at our door for a permanent transfer are not interested in a buy-back clause. Most clubs of RB's size and up will not want to include a buy-back clause unless its a ridiculous number because they know that, in that market, they can get a better deal if they develop him for a season or two + if the player's agent or the player himself hint he wants to leave then we are no in the best of positions negotiation-wise.

Im sure he wont be sent anywhere he doesnt want to go to, and if he does want away for good thats upto him, club never stand in way of players that dont want to be there.

Something defo has happened , I wonder if he has spat the dummy out at not playing enough, klopp did say he needed to play more, too many quality players ahead of him though.

If I was a pro, in that situation, Id defo want out, main thing is playing every week especially at that age.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #112: Jun 07, 2023 03:43:39 pm
      Jones did enough to give us hope he will now push on and develop into the player we all hoped for. Fabio is young and under developed a good loan season would be great for him and we need to keep him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #113: Jun 08, 2023 12:57:00 pm

It hasn’t been the best campaign for the lad, but yet it hasn’t been the best campaign for the whole caboodle, the lad is clearly talented, he’s essentially still a kid, he had a decent season at Fulham and clearly has potential, hence Jürgen bringing him in,
      It’s obviously very difficult to break thru into the first team and it will be the same for him this campaign, so it makes sense to have the lad playing regularly at a higher standard than he would with our U23’s ,

Stay and fight I hear some say and yes he could, but again we are in transition so won’t have the same opportunities he would normally get had we a settled side, we seen how beneficial it was for Harvey going out on loan and the prove will be in the pudding regards to Tyler Morton & Connor Bradley who plied their talents for Blackburn Rovers & Bolton W respectively last season,

We need to do as much as we possibly can to help nurture our young talents, we don’t have the spondoolies to match those oily fuckers who can buy ready made replacement’s with one flick of a cheque book, we nurture, we enhance, we mentor, promote natural talent and put all the ingredients into a programme designed to get the very very best out of what we have,

Carvalho is one of those talents, signing the lad and then chucking him under the bus isn’t good for us, and least of all isn’t good for the lad himself, send him out on loan, build up his confidence as well as invaluable experience and see what kind of player emerges after a season or so,

Whereas Curtis is perhaps a season or two in Trent’s wake, you could argue Carv is two seasons further back in Jone’s wake, I wasn’t what you would call Curtis’s greatest fan recently, however I’ve been forced to eat quite a lot of humble pie, to be fair to the lad he has been quite exceptional so while I munch away, humbled but delighted, spare a thought on how good a talent we have from both and the knowledge that our future is indeed pretty rosy.

YNWA
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #114: Jun 08, 2023 04:16:05 pm
      Loan him to Soton, get Ward-Prowse

Quick Reply