Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Carvalho Player Thread (F)

Read 19416 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Fabio Carvalho Player Thread (F)
      Reply #69: Feb 18, 2023 01:20:07 am
      I love it. Sends a message to future youth breaking into the team / new signings.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #70: Apr 19, 2023 11:43:09 am
      Reports that he will be leaving at the end of the year.
      Another odd signing if true and shows how far we are from the slick machine under Edwards.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #71: Apr 19, 2023 11:55:11 am
      Another odd signing if true and shows how far we are from the slick machine under Edwards.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Our transfer business in recent years isn't great and last summer was awful.

I'd send him out on loan ... in fact he should have been left at Fulham this season. He'd be a much better player for it. I wonder if something has happened.

Our transfer strategy has collapsed. The people behind it have all gone bar ward who is leaving in a few weeks.

If we are as bad as we currently are come the end of August the blame will only go in one direction sadly.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #72: Apr 19, 2023 12:40:01 pm
      He’s a talented player but he doesn’t fit the system. He’s been tried on the the left wing in a similar role to Coutinho but despite a couple of similarities to Phil (haircut and dribbling) he seems like more of a Frank Lampard type of player who arrives from deep to finish off chances. His best position is as a #10 but we don’t play with one and I think he’s not the best fit for the wing or as a #8 at this stage in his career. He’s too lightweight for the midfield three.

I’d loan him and then reassess. I was excited by his arrival but we didn’t really have a need for him. He’s just young and English and could either develop into a really good player, or at the least make us some kind of profit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #73: Apr 19, 2023 01:02:54 pm

He was bought purely to turn a profit as he doesn't fit our system. Not quick enough for the front three and not physical enough for the midfield - his best position is as a 10 which we don't play with.

I think a loan this summer and then selling him in 2024 will be the plan.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #74: Apr 19, 2023 01:29:31 pm
      He was bought purely to turn a profit as he doesn't fit our system. Not quick enough for the front three and not physical enough for the midfield - his best position is as a 10 which we don't play with.

I think a loan this summer and then selling him in 2024 will be the plan.

Yes ... he's one that can be used to cobble together some spends this summer. What a sad state of affairs.

If selling in 2024 is the plan may as well loan him back to Fulham next season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #75: Apr 19, 2023 02:59:37 pm
      I would not sell but Klopp has no plan for him. Best option is to loan him. He will become like Grujic, decent player but not for us.

He has a good eye for a goal too.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #76: May 26, 2023 02:15:03 pm
      Boss seemed to suggest he might be on his way this summer. Pity it hasn't worked out as he is undoubtedly a gifted player. I think he will have to go down a level and prove himself again before he gets another chance.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #77: May 26, 2023 03:30:51 pm
      Boss seemed to suggest he might be on his way this summer. Pity it hasn't worked out as he is undoubtedly a gifted player. I think he will have to go down a level and prove himself again before he gets another chance.

Probably a loan so we sell him for more next summer if it all goes well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: May 26, 2023 05:21:09 pm
      I would like him to stay another season and see how much he really want it.He just seems a bit physically light at the moment .
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #79: May 26, 2023 07:26:09 pm
      I would like him to stay another season and see how much he really want it.He just seems a bit physically light at the moment .

Agree. Being in the Europa league is generally crap but it should give players like Fabio more opportunities to show Klopp and us that they have a future at LFC.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #80: May 27, 2023 06:51:56 pm
      What in the name of good Christ did we buy him a whole year in advance for if he wasn't right? This club!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #81: May 27, 2023 07:14:21 pm
      What in the name of good Christ did we buy him a whole year in advance for if he wasn't right? This club!
      Maybe you should check out City or Chelsea. Judging by your post, they may be more your speed
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #82: May 27, 2023 09:26:09 pm
      Spose so. We're no worse than Chelsea or City,   that cheers me up

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #83: May 28, 2023 10:46:56 pm
      The boss said some really nice stuff about him during the week but I'm pretty sure he didn't even get in the last nights squad.

Weird, thought he may have got some game time yesterday.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #84: May 29, 2023 12:35:16 pm
      The boss said some really nice stuff about him during the week but I'm pretty sure he didn't even get in the last nights squad.

Weird, thought he may have got some game time yesterday.

Some reports stating may be off and not part of Klopps plans
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #85: May 29, 2023 12:41:17 pm
      Some reports stating may be off and not part of Klopps plans
      Seemed like a nice prospect but if the boss doesn't want him then so be it. He probably saw some thing(s) that convinced him he's not for us. Clean house
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: May 30, 2023 03:33:07 am
      Seemed like a nice prospect but if the boss doesn't want him then so be it. He probably saw some thing(s) that convinced him he's not for us. Clean house

Another one we gonna have to wait for the autobiography to come out, to find out the truth!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: May 30, 2023 08:32:34 pm
      seems our reputation for being smart in the transfer market maybe misplaced these days. Some poor decisions with purchases and selling on last few season Gini still stinks. This lad has talent but surely it could be seen he needed more development and letting him stay with Fulham for a season wouldnt have been the worst option. Sorry to see a young play leave after just one season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #88: May 30, 2023 08:45:09 pm
      seems our reputation for being smart in the transfer market maybe misplaced these days. Some poor decisions with purchases and selling on last few season Gini still stinks. This lad has talent but surely it could be seen he needed more development and letting him stay with Fulham for a season wouldnt have been the worst option. Sorry to see a young play leave after just one season.

Gini wasn’t sold - turned down a new contract and leftb
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #89: May 30, 2023 09:15:29 pm
      Believe Joyce said this morning or yesterday that we aren't getting rid of, Klopp considers him a future starter. Who knows...maybe shop window talk.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #90: May 30, 2023 09:30:55 pm
      Believe Joyce said this morning or yesterday that we aren't getting rid of, Klopp considers him a future starter. Who knows...maybe shop window talk.

Mention on twitter that an outright bid from Leipzig has been rejected and the club would only be interested in a suitable loan.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #91: Jun 06, 2023 07:50:11 am
      I would sell him for a low fee around 10M, with the option to buy back for 18M valid for 4yrs.

If Klopp wants to keep him then play him in every Europa League group matches.

Quick Reply