Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm

Read 16566 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm
      Reply #46: May 25, 2022 11:59:21 pm
      One thing is clear, fellas: any sane of us were happy we got Real and not City because City is just the (overall) better team of the two. So our chance to win against Real is better, not by much, but still better.

It is good that we had to fight till the end because it keeps us in rhythm while Real has some chance to come out rusty on Saturday night.

The only real injury concern is Thiago. Is he close to 100% or has Klopp to choose between a Thiago on 80% and Keita on 100%. But the news are just pretty good, since Thiago trained today and still got two full days.

This is my line up, assuming all get fit:

Alisson
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Thiago-Fab
      Salah-Mané-Diaz

Madrid will be exclusively preparing for our high line and press. So Jürgen better has some idea bc though City scored 5 on them, they got outscored.

P.S. Milner did play so very well that I would give him the spot in case Thiago is not 100%.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #47: May 26, 2022 01:02:50 am
      Personally would start Bobby in this, let him run himself ragged for 45 minutes chasing these fuckers. Then bring on Diaz.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,787 posts | 394 
      Reply #48: May 26, 2022 06:19:35 am
      One thing is clear, fellas: any sane of us were happy we got Real and not City because City is just the (overall) better team of the two. So our chance to win against Real is better, not by much, but still better.

It is good that we had to fight till the end because it keeps us in rhythm while Real has some chance to come out rusty on Saturday night.

The only real injury concern is Thiago. Is he close to 100% or has Klopp to choose between a Thiago on 80% and Keita on 100%. But the news are just pretty good, since Thiago trained today and still got two full days.

Alisson
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Thiago-Fab
      Salah-Mané-Diaz

Madrid will be exclusively preparing for our high line and press. So Jürgen better has some idea bc though City scored 5 on them, they got outscored.

P.S. Milner did play so very well that I would give him the spot in case Thiago is not 100%.

Always a funny tone to your posts.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #49: May 26, 2022 06:39:32 am
      Always a funny tone to your posts.

I would say depressing more than funny.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #50: May 26, 2022 09:59:32 am
      I would say depressing more than funny.

reminds me of a quote. " I can cope with the despair its the hope that kills me".
      No need for that with this team there is always a golden sky.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #51: May 26, 2022 10:06:40 am

Alisson
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Thiago-Fab
      Salah-Mané-Diaz

Well I was happy we got Real, but only because I don’t want to see those ffp cheating oil rich trophy buying cu*ts anywhere near a C L final.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #52: May 26, 2022 10:09:34 am
      If we’re successful on Saturday, anyone know when the trophy parade is likely to be ?

I’d like to make that, but need to plan because I’ve got a longish journey to make !
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1386 
      Reply #53: May 26, 2022 10:28:11 am
      Was't worried about getting City in the final but Real adds a bit of stardust, fires the imagination...(bares his teeth)..plus we owe them...revenge is a dish best served cold...dun dun der..

calm down calm down..tsuni a game of footie..
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #54: May 26, 2022 10:29:39 am
      If we’re successful on Saturday, anyone know when the trophy parade is likely to be ?

I’d like to make that, but need to plan because I’ve got a longish journey to make !

Parade has been confirmed for Sunday
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #55: May 26, 2022 10:41:26 am
      who can cope with the pace of Diaz, Mane and Salah its the perfect opportunity for Mo to right the wrong and show us he is world class hopefully his easy couple of weeks will have his energy levels back up.
      We play well we win.

INDEED.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #56: May 26, 2022 10:49:35 am
      If I had to guess..I'd say the parade will be in Liverpool..but don't quote on that..

when ? Sunday the place Liverpool .Get yourself down to the Strand again.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #57: May 26, 2022 11:26:38 am
      I'd like us to play good footy and score loads of goals, those two cup wins, we earned them but it was tough and an ordeal to watch, only on pens did we win which is still cool and everything but where is this stomping the authority or showing them how to play football team I want to watch? Because we haven't played that well for about 6 games or whatever, still got results sure but come on.
      They may be knackered after so many games, just play Madrid off the pitch and score many goals so me, everyone and whoever I'm watching it with can enjoy the game and not have our stomachs in knots over a tense game. We have a better team and manager (well their manager has a good cv ;D) so no excuses. win convincingly please.
       Weird that I feel a bit pissed off with the club at the mo considering two cups is already a brilliant season, it's all the contract stuff and players not even playing that well and scraping wins against all kinds of supposedly lesser teams. They need to be on fire for this final more than any.
       Best 11 in all the leagues, when all are fit, so yeah get on with it, thank you.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #58: May 26, 2022 12:02:02 pm
      I'd like us to play good footy and score loads of goals, those two cup wins, we earned them but it was tough and an ordeal to watch, only on pens did we win which is still cool and everything but where is this stomping the authority or showing them how to play football team I want to watch? Because we haven't played that well for about 6 games or whatever, still got results sure but come on.
      They may be knackered after so many games, just play Madrid off the pitch and score many goals so me, everyone and whoever I'm watching it with can enjoy the game and not have our stomachs in knots over a tense game. We have a better team and manager (well their manager has a good cv ;D) so no excuses. win convincingly please.
       Weird that I feel a bit pissed off with the club at the mo considering two cups is already a brilliant season, it's all the contract stuff and players not even playing that well and scraping wins against all kinds of supposedly lesser teams. They need to be on fire for this final more than any.
       Best 11 in all the leagues, when all are fit, so yeah get on with it, thank you.
      We're all allowed to feel a a bit pissed off, a hangover no doubt from the Villa/City result. You're right that we've not been firing on all cylinders the last month or so, it's the mentality monster vibe that's getting us over the line. They just keep going, great courage...One last mountain to climb, then we sit at the summit ...just us, no one else to be seen
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,787 posts | 394 
      Reply #59: May 26, 2022 12:04:40 pm
      Biggest match of the season to close the season.

Chance to win the biggest club prize in football, for the SEVENTH TIME.

It's been a great season, but a long one, and we have some major lineup questions heading into this one, led by Thiago and Fabinho. Looks to me like we'll be the betting underdogs for this one, but that suits us just fine. Chance for the mentality monsters to claim a little more history. Let's do this.

We are the favs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #60: May 26, 2022 12:15:17 pm
      Carlo said he is still an Evertonian so with Mo and Carlo we have a lot to be motivated for if we even needed it. League has gone distant memory now the Big one the one I really want to be Champions of Europe .
      Absolute confidence in any 11 that take to the pitch and in Jürgen and his Staff no stone will be left unturned in our preparations.
      Imagine how Luis must feel he has only been here a matter of weeks and been part of a team that has broken record after record has two cups in the cabinet and the biggest one of all to play for .
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #61: May 26, 2022 12:30:21 pm
      I reckon this one will go to pens an all! We'll be the first team to win 3 cup trophies in a season on penalties!!! Not sure our tickers will be able handle it though!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #62: May 26, 2022 12:36:57 pm
      Any Scottish reds heading to The Record Factory, Byres Rd Glasgow on Saturday night? If you are drop me a message and I'll buy you a beer.........my whole clan including my daft wee dug gonna be there!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #63: May 26, 2022 12:48:01 pm
      We're all allowed to feel a a bit pissed off, a hangover no doubt from the Villa/City result. You're right that we've not been firing on all cylinders the last month or so, it's the mentality monster vibe that's getting us over the line. They just keep going, great courage...One last mountain to climb, then we sit at the summit ...just us, no one else to be seen
      Thanks man, I felt like a spoilt brat posting that, it is from that last day of the league, so no idea why my expectations should be so lofty considering not much silverware in general for many years. Not to ever overlook the league win and Champions league we won, think I may just be winding down for life without football until next season, hopefully my post never come across as depressing, because we've done so well this season I'm going to say but, what the heck has got into us where we can chain together results like that to pull back 14 points and still seem really tense? I just don't want to see that in the final of the Champions league no matter what, lets win it easy for once haha, may be pre match nerves.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: May 26, 2022 01:03:34 pm
      Any Scottish reds heading to The Record Factory, Byres Rd Glasgow on Saturday night? If you are drop me a message and I'll buy you a beer.........my whole clan including my daft wee dug gonna be there!

Wish Id have thought of that, but already made arrangements to watch with my brother in motherwell.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #65: May 26, 2022 01:14:27 pm

Alisson
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Thiago-Fab
      Salah-Mané-Diaz

Bang on...City after losing last years final would have been a far tougher proposition. I suspect they'd have got through if baldy-head hadn't taken off KDB with loads of time still to play...Anyway they didn't so who gives a rat's ****
      I agree with you on team selection.

You heard it here first: if Minimino comes on he'll score
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #66: May 26, 2022 01:15:28 pm
      Do we know yet who the refs are going to be and if/how much they suck?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #67: May 26, 2022 01:26:52 pm
      Wish Id have thought of that, but already made arrangements to watch with my brother in motherwell.

Another time. Enjoy pal
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #68: May 26, 2022 01:26:59 pm
      Do we know yet who the refs are going to be and if/how much they suck?
      The officials can't be any worse than the cowards at the Everton/City match

Quick Reply