Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm

Read 16060 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm
      Reply #23: May 25, 2022 02:13:42 pm
      Vinicus & Benzema, cut the supply out to these two, only 2 that worry me..

I f**king hope we smash these fuckers to oblivion.. Mane, Salah & Diaz to dazzle these fuckers..

And the person to makes the supplies - Modric. Still amazing at his age.

Their defence (apart from their keeper) is arguably their weekest part of the team. We should go all out and really attack them, as I dont think the defence will be able to cope.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #24: May 25, 2022 02:14:41 pm
      It would be nice if our beloved Redmen could do this the easy way just this one time.
      3-0 up at H/T then a second half master class of no worry football followed by a 85th minute 4th goal followed by a rendition of the travelling Kop singing " Are you watching Manchester".
      Childish I know but who cares.
      Not childish my friend ...All our dreams are fantasies and some of them come to pass.
      3 big silver trophies at the front of the open top bus...close you're eyes you can see it
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #25: May 25, 2022 02:55:30 pm
      And the person to makes the supplies - Modric. Still amazing at his age.

Their defence (apart from their keeper) is arguably their weekest part of the team. We should go all out and really attack them, as I dont think the defence will be able to cope.

To add, Klopp just said Thiago has a good chance to play for Saturday. :) He was quite upbeat.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2022 03:55:18 pm by Aggerdoo »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: May 25, 2022 03:12:08 pm
      Whatever age, Casemiro, Kroos and Modric midfield is still class. Tough match, as it should be
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #27: May 25, 2022 03:19:35 pm
      Great news Reg Thiago
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #28: May 25, 2022 03:20:03 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #29: May 25, 2022 03:54:08 pm

Hope there no Russian medics on the scene , don’t half perform some miracles on athletes them feckers 😉😉
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #30: May 25, 2022 04:30:59 pm
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: May 25, 2022 05:07:44 pm
      Thiago might make it but he's got to be right, we can't start with 10 and a bit. Started one of these with yer man Harry Kewell and he conked out after about 15 minutes so Thiago has to be 100% or close enough to it.

Good job he stopped when he did, sometimes they try to run it off and make it worse.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: May 25, 2022 05:12:44 pm
      It would be great to have Thiago healthy for the game, but we need to make sure he can be 100% Thiago and not a diminished version. Confident the medical team and Jürgen will make the right decision.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33: May 25, 2022 05:34:32 pm
      He's not going to play if he isn't fully fit, they are not going to risk it. Not only is the CL final on the line, his injury could get worse and have implications on the following season.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #34: May 25, 2022 05:38:32 pm
      Hello there!
      First post ever, from Portugal.The very thing I was afraid happened:we knew city were almost impossible to catch but still we risk muscle injuries, fighting until last minute.Madrid will be completly rested, we have Virgil, Fabinho, Thiago, Mou and even Origi without physical form suitable for the ultimate final.Of all the teams, it had to be the one who stole us Mou and cashed in from Karius TWICE ( none of that ever seen in a CL final ) in 2018, to benefit from so many injuries!

Bem vindo caralho!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #35: May 25, 2022 05:43:35 pm
      It would be great to have Thiago healthy for the game, but we need to make sure he can be 100% Thiago and not a diminished version. Confident the medical team and Jürgen will make the right decision.

Thiago is the key for winning this game for me, he’s world class like Modric and Kroos - will be able to match them
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: May 25, 2022 06:02:53 pm
      just watch the dirty bas**rds target Thiago's ankle now. Looks like a full squad with Fab Virgil and Thiago all ready for the war. Its going to be feckin beautiful in Gay Paris but nothing like as good as The Strand on Sunday when the boys come home with the three Cups on show
      britlfc
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #37: May 25, 2022 06:46:07 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #38: May 25, 2022 07:43:56 pm
      Thiago is the key for winning this game for me, he’s world class like Modric and Kroos - will be able to match them
      Don’t think Kroos is quite what he was, struggles to get about a bit but think his set pieces keep him in the team ahead of players like Valverde.

A midfield of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro is obviously hugely experienced and technically brilliant but think they’ll struggle with our pace and energy.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #39: May 25, 2022 07:58:16 pm
      Hopefully we can end the season on a pleasant game, tired of these nail biters, I’d love to breeze past them but we know that won’t happen, always a show when you watch us… hearts just gotta survive one more game then it can rest for a few weeks.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #40: May 25, 2022 08:33:01 pm
      Gotta hope we don’t concede early like we’ve done recently. We’ve gotta be fully on it from the first whistle.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #41: May 25, 2022 08:48:48 pm
      Don’t think Kroos is quite what he was, struggles to get about a bit but think his set pieces keep him in the team ahead of players like Valverde.

A midfield of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro is obviously hugely experienced and technically brilliant but think they’ll struggle with our pace and energy.

Didn’t we say that last season yet they beat us pretty easily
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #42: May 25, 2022 08:59:18 pm
      I think we have conceded first in 5 of the last 6 games.
      This has to change. Madrid will not give up a lead so easily.

I think I’d go for a salah Diaz and mane strike force. Get Madrid on the back foot from the off.

I don’t think they can keep up with our energy levels so if we can score first it would suit us later on as they tire.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: May 25, 2022 09:11:08 pm
      who can cope with the pace of Diaz, Mane and Salah its the perfect opportunity for Mo to right the wrong and show us he is world class hopefully his easy couple of weeks will have his energy levels back up.
      We play well we win.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #44: May 25, 2022 09:16:03 pm
      Didn’t we say that last season yet they beat us pretty easily
      Last year we had Kabak and Nat Phillips as our CB pairing for both legs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: May 25, 2022 10:24:10 pm
      Last year we had Kabak and Nat Phillips as our CB pairing for both legs.

Very good point. They will be facing a different team in many ways. We should recognize what a top side they are - no question. But we belong on this stage as much as they do and we'll have every chance to make it a famous victory on Saturday.

Quick Reply