Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm

Read 16554 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid; Champions League Final, May 28th: 8pm
      Reply #138: May 27, 2022 08:55:15 pm
      just to reaffirm our standing in world football this is our 3rd CL final in just 5 years it is our 10th European cup/CL final. City with all the money and the best coach in the world have 1 final. Come on the media need to start looking at Jürgen as the best manager in the History of LFC and I think Shanks and Bob would be the first to agree how did this man from Germany come here and know us and understand us like someone born on the Kop. I wish I was articulate enough to use the words that I think we all would like to use out of respect for Jürgen and his family who have come to our City and taken it to their hearts
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,602 posts | 3914 
      Reply #139: May 27, 2022 09:02:54 pm
      just to reaffirm our standing in world football this is our 3rd CL final in just 5 years it is our 10th European cup/CL final. City with all the money and the best coach in the world have 1 final. Come on the media need to start looking at Jürgen as the best manager in the History of LFC and I think Shanks and Bob would be the first to agree how did this man from Germany come here and know us and understand us like someone born on the Kop. I wish I was articulate enough to use the words that I think we all would like to use out of respect for Jürgen and his family who have come to our City and taken it to their hearts

He is the perfect fit for Liverpool and is without doubt the best manager in the world. To be able to go toe to toe with all these rich oil clubs is astonishing.

It’s not just the success, it’s the style - beautiful attacking full throttle football. Don’t get me started on the man management - turning great players into world class superstars.

It’s never been so good to be a red.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #140: May 27, 2022 09:08:24 pm
      He is the perfect fit for Liverpool and is without doubt the best manager in the world. To be able to go toe to toe with all these rich oil clubs is astonishing.

It’s not just the success, it’s the style - beautiful attacking full throttle football. Don’t get me started on the man management - turning great players into world class superstars.

It’s never been so good to be a red.

got to enjoy every moment havent we. I have been searching the internet for anything to do with the lads I want to enjoy every second of the build up and then the game
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #141: May 27, 2022 09:13:57 pm
      just to reflect on Hendo he never gets the real credit he deserves and I have seen Yeats, Smith, Hughes, Thomo, Souness and of late Stevie and this lad is the perfect Capt for Liverpool his record stands up there with any of them and they didnt have to compete with the Oil money of City . The Hendo Shuffle will be special tomorrow night
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,224 posts | 743 
      Reply #142: May 27, 2022 09:32:13 pm
      Too many variables, there's no way of knowing who was/is the best manager other than metrics...who won most this or that etc. But there's so much more to it than stats, you can't quantify influence or leadership. I would say Jürgen's overriding attribute is generosity of spirit, he's accessible, and he's honest.
      For me, Bill Shankly and Liverpool Football Club are basically the same thing...depends when you grew up
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #143: May 27, 2022 09:37:36 pm

Well said. I tend to agree. What Jürgen has done for this club you cannot buy. Just an amazing man and manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #144: May 27, 2022 09:42:33 pm
      Too many variables, there's no way of knowing who was/is the best manager other than metrics...who won most this or that etc. But there's so much more to it than stats, you can't quantify influence or leadership. I would say Jürgen's overriding attribute is generosity of spirit, he's accessible, and he's honest.
      For me, Bill Shankly and Liverpool Football Club are basically the same thing...depends when you grew up

well I was there through the Shankly era and sir Bob and I didnt say this team is better but Shanks and Bob would have loved to have spent time with Jürgen he talks the same language. The fact Jürgen spent 47 of his 54 years in Germany but is every bit a scouser is just incredible.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #145: May 27, 2022 09:49:47 pm
      if I saw Bobby , Diogo and Naby start I would trust Jurgens judgement because he has never ever let us down so the starting 11 will be interesting but will there be a surprise
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #146: May 27, 2022 09:50:44 pm
      Wonder what City or UTD fans (not you Keith) are doing whilst we are preparing ourselves for more history defining moments
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #147: May 27, 2022 09:55:05 pm

Jürgen Klopp touches the soul of the great City of Liverpool.

As it happens I grew up in Bootle with Sir Bill and he created the modern Liverpool. I personally don't compare managers after Sir Bill as Sir Bill was a one off. Much more than just a manager. What saddens me though is the way the club treated him once he retired.

It's that indomintable spirit that Sir Bill created, that spirit will be taken out there in Paris tomorrow night.

We can lose...but we can't be beaten.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,224 posts | 743 
      Reply #148: May 27, 2022 09:55:18 pm
      well I was there through the Shankly era and sir Bob and I didnt say this team is better but Shanks and Bob would have loved to have spent time with Jürgen he talks the same language. The fact Jürgen spent 47 of his 54 years in Germany but is every bit a scouser is just incredible.
      He just gets what we're all about, we're not spectators like some other clubs. The club is in our DNA...we live and breathe it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #149: May 27, 2022 09:56:50 pm
      just watching some lads on a mini bus  singing a version of John Lennon's song Christ you know it aint easy. I know they hate us saying it but these fans are unique
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,224 posts | 743 
      Reply #150: May 27, 2022 09:58:34 pm
      just watching some lads on a mini bus  singing a version of John Lennon's song Christ you know it aint easy. I know they hate us saying it but these fans are unique
      This time tomorrow!!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #151: May 27, 2022 09:58:46 pm

As it happens I grew up in Bootle with Sir Bill and he created the modern Liverpool. I personally don't compare managers after Sir Bill as Sir Bill was a one off. Much more than just a manager. What saddens me though is the way the club treated him once he retired.

It's that indomintable spirit that Sir Bill created, that spirit will be taken out there in Paris tomorrow night.

we dont need to compare the teams as some do we appreciate them all but we can also appreciate Jürgen and what he has done for us and I dont think its a stretch to suggest Bill and Bob would be delighted to have him in charge
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: May 27, 2022 10:02:17 pm

Enjoy and note the similarities
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9axwLDxnbAY&ab_channel=AukeuroHD

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #153: May 27, 2022 10:09:55 pm
      I mentioned before he is looking good and I have a lot more hope for him to feature than I did last Sunday.

Just to temper that, big difference between hitting balls in training and a match that's going to be moving 100 miles per hour. There's hope, but Jürgen still has a big decision to make, I believe.

That's true but I don't think he'll start if not fully fit.

Read in a tweet too that Jürgen said he was 100% match fit, will see if I can find it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #154: May 27, 2022 10:10:54 pm
      Remeber Gary Neville mocking Trent when he was forced to make his debut against UTD just goes to show these experts know F**k all.He is just 23 and won 6 major trophies yes Neville knows his stuff
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #155: May 27, 2022 10:16:23 pm
      I am now convinced Konate will play as he knows Benzama very well but I wll leave it to Jürgen he has done ok so far without our expertise
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #156: May 27, 2022 10:21:19 pm
      my Dad god bless him was a huge Red and also a fantastic sportsman. He took me to Goodison in 1970 to see a player called Kevin Keegan who played for Scunthorpe V Tranmere how many can say  they sae Keegan play before he played for Liverpool.
      For those of us still around who remember those days they will tell you how alike today is and Bill Shankly was every bit as passionate as Jürgen is. Just watch the 74 Cup final to compare todays game he was a visionary
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #157: May 27, 2022 10:24:32 pm
      I see we are slowly taking over Paris
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #158: May 27, 2022 10:28:03 pm
      there is something quite endearing about a Scouser in a new hat singing his heart out with the price tag still on it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #159: May 27, 2022 10:33:58 pm
      in 2018 we had hope more than expectation in 2019 we were ready and won this team is  a lot better than 18 or 19  I just cannot see this RM team beating us Jürgen is perfect his understanding of football and of people is unrivalled so I cannot see anything but a Liverpool win even allowing for bias
      COYR
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #160: May 27, 2022 10:37:00 pm
      Off to my bed dreaming of Liverpool collecting Number 7
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7jAq4niC0

Quick Reply