Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Victory Parade - Sunday 29th May 2022

Read 7510 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Victory Parade - Sunday 29th May 2022
      Reply #92: May 29, 2022 10:01:50 pm
      there was a flag which read.
      " If I came home and found Jürgen in bed with my wife I would tuck him in and kiss him good night"
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #93: May 29, 2022 10:11:50 pm
      Was down by the docks all day. F***ing great day that started slowly but grew and grew and grew.

Hours before the buses arrived, the fans were just twatting footys in the air and then punching/heading them as they came down. I think at one point there was five or six all going off. Some lad vollyed one of the balls back in and lost a shoe in the process. That got a huge cheer from the crowd. And the bizzie van getting booed followed by "F**k the Tories" was a good laugh.

Then when the bus did arrive, couldn't see a F***ing thing but red smoke from the flares. Like genuinely not a thing. But it was still boss. The fireworks from the Liver Buildings were special.

With me arl fella in the wheelchair, couldn't really get in the thick of it and stayed a bit further back. But when the bus arrived and the whole lot of us were singing Allez Allez Allez, me dad stood up and waved his scarf like he was a kid again. Not gonna lie, that got me teary eyed. As did You'll Never Walk Alone playing on the PA system and being drowned out by a ton of Reds.

I've said it before and I'll undoubtedly say it again but I F***ing love this club and I'm so lucky that me best mate is also me dad and he loves the club as much as I do. I'm getting emotional again just writing this but to share days like this with him mean more to me than anything else in the world.

Thank you Reds for making our club so F***ing special. And thank you to Jürgen and the boys for giving us reasons to have days like this.

(couple of piccys that me mam took in this post as well)
      +14
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #94: May 29, 2022 10:41:00 pm
      I am in this video! Cheers Trent for posting! 🤣

https://twitter.com/TrentAA/status/1530996410421755904
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #95: May 29, 2022 10:53:44 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1530985994882777091?t=Uoe0K6pUvlWtS2dzeCPnNA&s=19
      Apologies if posted elsewhere but absolutely love this
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #96: May 29, 2022 11:02:24 pm
      Was down by the docks all day. F***ing great day that started slowly but grew and grew and grew.

Hours before the buses arrived, the fans were just twatting footys in the air and then punching/heading them as they came down. I think at one point there was five or six all going off. Some lad vollyed one of the balls back in and lost a shoe in the process. That got a huge cheer from the crowd. And the bizzie van getting booed followed by "f**k the Tories" was a good laugh.

Then when the bus did arrive, couldn't see a f**king thing but red smoke from the flares. Like genuinely not a thing. But it was still boss. The fireworks from the Liver Buildings were special.

With me arl fella in the wheelchair, couldn't really get in the thick of it and stayed a bit further back. But when the bus arrived and the whole lot of us were singing Allez Allez Allez, me dad stood up and waved his scarf like he was a kid again. Not gonna lie, that got me teary eyed. As did You'll Never Walk Alone playing on the PA system and being drowned out by a ton of Reds.

I've said it before and I'll undoubtedly say it again but I f**king love this club and I'm so lucky that me best mate is also me dad and he loves the club as much as I do. I'm getting emotional again just writing this but to share days like this with him mean more to me than anything else in the world.

Thank you Reds for making our club so f**king special. And thank you to Jürgen and the boys for giving us reasons to have days like this.

Absolutely fantastic mate. Brings back great memories of going to to the match with my dad (and mum who loved football more than him).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #97: May 29, 2022 11:19:20 pm
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #98: May 30, 2022 06:20:42 am
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #99: May 30, 2022 09:19:22 am

Hours before the buses arrived, the fans were just twatting footys in the air and then punching/heading them as they came down. I think at one point there was five or six all going off. Some lad vollyed one of the balls back in and lost a shoe in the process. That got a huge cheer from the crowd. And the bizzie van getting booed followed by "f**k the Tories" was a good laugh.

Then when the bus did arrive, couldn't see a f**king thing but red smoke from the flares. Like genuinely not a thing. But it was still boss. The fireworks from the Liver Buildings were special.

I've said it before and I'll undoubtedly say it again but I f**king love this club and I'm so lucky that me best mate is also me dad and he loves the club as much as I do. I'm getting emotional again just writing this but to share days like this with him mean more to me than anything else in the world.

Thank you Reds for making our club so f**king special. And thank you to Jürgen and the boys for giving us reasons to have days like this.

I was stood just a few yards from you on top of the concrete benches by the trees
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #100: May 30, 2022 10:48:59 am
      I don't suppose anybody picked up one of the Klopp erdinger caps that they don't want do they?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #101: May 30, 2022 11:27:17 am

Brilliant.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #102: May 30, 2022 03:27:21 pm

F**k sake Billy you got me going reading that, I can feel the pride you have in your words and I’m jealous as fook, my arl fella is long gone but what I’d give to share such a fantastic day with him like you had, I love this club too and I couldn’t be more proud of what we have right now, not just the football we play but also for the unity we have as supporters, no one can match us, we are simply the best club & the best support bar none.

Made up for you mate for the memories you have with your Dad, and I’m sure he is equally as proud of you as you are of him, God bless you both.  You’ll Never walk alone.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #103: May 30, 2022 03:59:30 pm
      F**k sake Billy you got me going reading that, I can feel the pride you have in your words and I’m jealous as fook, my arl fella is long gone but what I’d give to share such a fantastic day with him like you had, I love this club too and I couldn’t be more proud of what we have right now, not just the football we play but also for the unity we have as supporters, no one can match us, we are simply the best club & the best support bar none.

Made up for you mate for the memories you have with your Dad, and I’m sure he is equally as proud of you as you are of him, God bless you both.  You’ll Never walk alone.

Ta Bill, and you're right mate - we are the best club in the world. Like Jürgen said, it doesn't matter what others think. And I think a lot of the hatred for our club from the outside comes from sheer jealousy. Not only of the success we've enjoyed down the years but also the scenes our fans continuously create.

People belittle the League Cup and, to some extent, the FA Cup but yesterday was proof that it meant so much to our fans to welcome our boys home and celebrate those two trophies with them. And not just down the docks but right across the city. Scousers, both those who were born and bred and those that are adopted, made such a F***ing special day for our club. A lad I worked with is from Essex and supports Spurs but he's lived in Liverpool since he was 7 with his Scouse mam up in Mossley Hill and he was there on Allerton Rd. And he's said he's never experienced a day like that before.

I haven't seen any of Forest's homecoming today after getting promoted back to the top flight after two decades away but I doubt it'll be even close to what we managed to mustered up yesterday. And as I've said, it was an all day affair. The parade may not of started till four and didn't get down to us at the docks till gone seven but throughout the day it was just a good feeling. Eight or nine hours of just soaking it up.

And I'm made up for the young uns who were there. Getting to experience scenes like that can only further cement their love for our club.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #104: Jun 14, 2022 03:50:12 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #105: Jun 14, 2022 04:22:51 pm
      still got the 2019 parade and watch it and now the 2022 parade to watch at my leisure. I think it is the fact we really do not care what other clubs do or say that upsets them .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #106: Jun 14, 2022 04:55:46 pm
      Liverpool fans can give themselves a huge pat on the back by turning out in their thousands to greet the players, After losing  the final , surely lifting the players spirits, after such a deflating night. Well done supporters !

Quick Reply