Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30775 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: May 28, 2022 11:00:13 pm
      for those who doubted Konate starting he was MOTM just on another level. I think Virgil has also felt this a long season after last seasons injuries.
      What happens next is anyone's guess. Is Mane still with us what about a swap for Bayerns forward for Mane .
      Its a crucial time for us but the league has got to be our first priority next season we have been flat for sometime now
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #783: May 28, 2022 11:00:43 pm
      Just not our night. We had 24 shots. They had four.

We were so dominant for the opening 30 minutes but you simply have to score when you have a patch like that.

Simply gutted. We’ll come back from this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #784: May 28, 2022 11:00:50 pm

But next season we can’t allow Man City to race into a 14 point lead. The energy and determination we used to chase them back meant the last few weeks we were running of empty.

This.

100%

It wasn't a lack of quailty, more running absolute empty chasing all season.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #785: May 28, 2022 11:00:55 pm
      I really thought we were going to put on a show tonight but we did go through the motions a bit first half and second half we just looked confused that they were still in the game. No criticism of Jürgen or the boys we came up short after a long long season.
      At least the Blue sh*te and the Mancs will have something from this season now

Yeah, kind of summarizes my feeling too. We did not look sharp somehow, not like we wanted revenge. But this is easy to read into the game. We played our style and had our opportunities, just as they got their 1-2 chances when you press that high. For me it comes down to pure luck which we just did not have, it was „one of those games“. Good we won the FA Cup, good everyone could see that neither Mané nor Salah are worth Messiah money. They are world class, but not Holy ones like Messi, CR7, Ronaldo in their prime.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #786: May 28, 2022 11:01:39 pm
      We were the better team no doubt, just looked like a game too far for us to play our normal football.  We didn't smother them.  We've faced defensive teams before and overcome them but we just looked a bit lacking in that extra gear in the final third.

I don't agree it was a game too far. We had more energy than them, by a distance. That wasn't the problem. Against most keepers our forwards would have had 3 goals. And that is despite the fact that they defended well and didn't give us anything easy. The only really sub-par aspect of our attacking play was the lack of quality delivery from our fullbacks, but that wasn't down to tiredness I don't think. The main thing though was just that we gifted them an easy goal. They didn't gift us anything. In cup finals, that is often the difference, and it was tonight.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #787: May 28, 2022 11:01:47 pm
      Can anyone really be arsed with the parade tomorrow?

I hope so. The team deserve a decent send off.
      And it’s our first parade since we won the title.

It’ll be a bit flat I think, like the wolves game but the players deserve it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #788: May 28, 2022 11:02:15 pm
      I don't agree it was a game too far. We had more energy than them, by a distance. That wasn't the problem. Against most keepers our forwards would have had 3 goals. And that is despite the fact that they defended well and didn't give us anything easy. The only really sub-par aspect of our attacking play was the lack of quality delivery from our fullbacks, but that wasn't down to tiredness I don't think. The main thing though was just that we gifted them an easy goal. They didn't gift us anything. In cup finals, that is often the difference, and it was tonight.

Nah we've been jaded for weeks now

A blind man could see that
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #789: May 28, 2022 11:02:16 pm
      wow do you need to be educated or have you been on f***in Mars you thick c**t

Idiot. Pitiful excuse mode you. You think he should be crying about losing the AFCON final to his better team mate Mane??  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #790: May 28, 2022 11:02:23 pm
      I’ve said this for a few weeks, the decision making of the forward 3 has deserted them. Needed it tonight. Sadly didn’t happen
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #791: May 28, 2022 11:03:06 pm
      Tough to take these last two weekends going into the summer. Nice to win the cups but there’s no hiding the fact these two mean a whole lot more
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #792: May 28, 2022 11:03:31 pm
      Am so proud of Jürgen and the lads. Everybody said that we needed to blow them out of the water in the first 30 minutes and i am afraid they were right.

We flattened them for the first 35 minutes but couldn't put it in the net. After half time i thought that Ancelotti had told Madrid to go flat out but i was mistaken. We just looked depleted, out on our feet, which made Madrid look better.

63 games takes its toll on any Squad, especially our Squad. There is a reason you need strength in depth and we don't have it. I know a few are having a go at Salah but come on. the lad is fu**ed! Even Robbo the Energiser Bunny was flat!

It has been a phenomenal Season for us. In the Summer we are going to have to strengthen the Squad big time. If our owners are serious about winning everything then they will have to back it up in the marketplace.

What Jürgen and the lads have achieved is just incredible. We ran out of gas, there was nothing left in the tank.

Had Courtois not been in goal we would have won that game.

Anyway, heads high and prepare for next Season.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #793: May 28, 2022 11:04:13 pm
      Idiot. Pitiful excuse mode you. You think he should be crying about losing the AFCON final to his better team mate Mane??  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

dont be a c**t mate your just being foolish now
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #794: May 28, 2022 11:04:32 pm
      sh*t happens.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #795: May 28, 2022 11:05:56 pm
      A disappointing end to an exceptional season.  2 wins away from being the greatest season of any English side in history.  Instead, it's just a good season. 

I think we've got some soul searching to do, and honestly I think a bit of change to the squad to freshen things up would be a good thing.  The thing with Jürgen is that the players are made to look better because of the team they are part of.

A two trophy season is definitely a successful season.  It's a shame it ended on a low rather than a high, but these things happen sometimes.  Resilience is a wonderful character trait...
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #796: May 28, 2022 11:06:17 pm
      That right aye?

We earned every final we were in. Aye we didn't play our best in any of them but that's how it goes.

If every trophy was won by 5-0 wins in the final then there wouldn't be many handed out would there?

We crossed the line twice and don't you f**king forget it.

You tell that to the thousands of Reds who line the streets tomorrow at the victory parade
      I get it..We deserved to get to both finals, then a ciggy paper couldn't separate the teams. The point I was making was pens are a lottery and it can go either way....we scored more than them....Like you I was chuffed
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #797: May 28, 2022 11:06:20 pm
      Was always worried about this with Mo being off form for weeks now. Knew he would start and be similar today.

Yep.  He had his purple patch in the middle of season which was important in setting up the end of the season but he definitely went off the boil.

Shame Divock was missing.  Definitely would have lashed in the equaliser. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #798: May 28, 2022 11:06:32 pm
      Tough to take these last two weekends going into the summer. Nice to win the cups but there’s no hiding the fact these two mean a whole lot more

just shows the difference in modern football between success and failure is so slim and tonight we were just short by a whisker and their Goal keeper being out of this world. Hurst for now but I think we iwll be surprised in the summer because Jürgen is no fool and will know what he needs to challenge.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #799: May 28, 2022 11:07:02 pm
      Fcking deflated but won’t criticise the players , another day we’re banging three in , don’t recall Alisson actually making a save , some Fck wit that demands success on here will probably correct me , this squad of players have given it all this year , have a rest and come back and smash it , over for the summer hope ya all have a chill and re charge for next season .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #800: May 28, 2022 11:07:11 pm
      Yep.  He had his purple patch in the middle of season which was important in setting up the end of the season but he definitely went off the boil.

Shame Divock was missing.  Definitely would have lashed in the equaliser. 

I'd have been more confident of a goal in the last 10 if Divock was on.

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #801: May 28, 2022 11:08:45 pm
      Makes me very sad we don’t play a meaningful game now until august.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #802: May 28, 2022 11:09:34 pm
      TAA and Robbo were nowhere near their standards tonight. And since we are playing with them a lot, Vini was finding much empty space. We fell asleep with their game, Sadio was unlucky with the post,that Belgian c**t of a goalkeeper was everywhere and we lost.
      Gutted but we go again next season. Maybe a sucrifice of carabao or fa cup can do the job. 63 games and a world cup in between are too many. Way too many.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #803: May 28, 2022 11:09:59 pm
      I thought we played ok but the final pass or cross was mostly not good enough. RM sat back a lot, but their players are much better than most PL teams so we could not break them down.
      Our team looked tired, it's been a long season, maybe we need an even bigger squad or we need to to go back to not caring about the domestic cups.
      RM had won their league title about a month ago and had plenty of time to rest and prepare for this game. They looked fresher and converted better.
      We had 24 shots, 9 on target.
      They had 4, 2 on target.

Courtois MOM

Konate can be a beast of a player for us.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #804: May 28, 2022 11:10:12 pm
      Can anyone really be arsed with the parade tomorrow?

Yes, this team deserve a parade for the effort they have put in all season. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to give their head a wobble. I will be at the parade tomorrow, and will shout loud and proud.

Quick Reply