Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29869 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: May 29, 2022 01:39:38 pm
      I've just remembered Naby Keita's shot and I think he should be given a beating.

Terrible effort from a decent position. Should he been laces through from there.
      Was more annoyed with him giving away at least 2 free kicks in the last few minutes giving RM a chance to waste more time etc.
      Not a big fan of Naby but thought he had one of his better seasons this year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #967: May 29, 2022 01:41:01 pm
      I don’t use tw@tter as you know Pete, ever thought of coming off it? The amount of post I read on here and the link is via tw@tter  is nearly always bullsh!t anyway.  Once again it’s the media doing what they do best and just make it up as they go along.

I’m glad I only have Facebook and I only joined that for promotions/marketing at the time. For what it’s worth obviously your hurting like most Liverpool fans  are at the moment but you’ve had a incredible year, so close yet so far.  Get out today and welcome your lads home, they deserve it.

I'm banned from it. Just use twitter looking up news tweets etc, but just the overall anti-scouse view because our fans were involved last night, without half the cu*ts knowing what actually went. People actually laughing about women and kids being tear-gassed cos they're Liverpool fans. But we have to take it cos it's banter!!

Maybe now you understand my style of response, because I've had that abuse for 30+ years following my team and like F**k I'm being nice back.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #968: May 29, 2022 01:42:27 pm
      No one is going to feel positive after all that but we have to be immensely proud of this team and what they continue to achieve. Over the course of this season they've put their absolute all into everything, nothing we've lost over the last week or so has been because of a lack of effort or determination. Football can be a game of fine margins and as Klopp said recently, if you want to win big you have to be prepared to lose big. Unfortunately it didn't go our way last night.

Maybe it's naive optimism or stubborn hope, but I truly believe we'll be back in the final yet again very very soon. I believe Klopp when he said that in his interview and I think the players will too, once the immediate disappointment starts to fade. Throughout Klopp's reign here (and indeed his whole career) he's used failure as a motivator, and a spring board to better things.

In terms of the game, we were good but not great. A bit too wasteful with the ball but obviously barring an outstanding goalkeeping performance the game goes differently. C'est la vie.

As for the scenes in and around the ground before, during and after the game, there needs to be some accountability for UEFA and particularly the French police. Shocking treatment of regular matchgoing fans, and absolutely no responsbility taken by either party for an organisational shambles.

Put the game into the right perspective and yes we were wasteful in possession. Also came out flat for the second half when we should've been all over them. They came out enthused and feeling hard done by and we they were given time and space and created the chance, then we were chasing the game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #969: May 29, 2022 01:44:44 pm
      Terrible effort from a decent position. Should he been laces through from there.
      Was more annoyed with him giving away at least 2 free kicks in the last few minutes giving RM a chance to waste more time etc.
      Not a big fan of Naby but thought he had one of his better seasons this year.

I think we have all been patient and allowed excuses to cloud our opinion let me put it this way he is no Kante is he.
      Just a throw away comment but do we win the game last night with a 25 year old Steven Gerrard...its a yes for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #970: May 29, 2022 01:44:59 pm
      Hope most Reds off here who went were safe getting back from the ground to the city centre last night.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #971: May 29, 2022 01:53:52 pm
      That short arse poundland Napoleon Macron thanking the Police for tear gassing our supporters and nothing aboslutely nothing form this Government defending its people shower of shithouses all of them .I hope our 5 MP's get themselves involved pretty damn quickly
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #972: May 29, 2022 01:54:18 pm
      I'm banned from it. Just use twitter looking up news tweets etc, but just the overall anti-scouse view because our fans were involved last night, without half the cu*ts knowing what actually went. People actually laughing about women and kids being tear-gassed cos they're Liverpool fans. But we have to take it cos it's banter!!

Maybe now you understand my style of response, because I've had that abuse for 30+ years following my team and like f**k I'm being nice back.

Natural of the beast isn’t it and I’ve openly said I no longer think money is the route of all evil, it’s social media and there very good at sh!t stirring. I learned very quickly how to handle some of your post/expletives and the longer I was on here started to work out where you were coming from.

Can only speak for myself and never had a problem with it ( not that I have a choice  ;D ) New members like Longy-Shops will work that out in time just like many of us do. Your a good knowledgeable poster that just doesn’t mince his words.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #973: May 29, 2022 01:54:21 pm
      Still feel sick from last night, the one thing it brought home to me again is our complete lack of goals from midfield, it’s great when the front three are firing but when they fail the team fails , it’s deffo one of our weaknesses . Proud of the team and Jürgen this season , let’s re group and go again .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #974: May 29, 2022 01:55:05 pm
      I think we have all been patient and allowed excuses to cloud our opinion let me put it this way he is no Kante is he.
      Just a throw away comment but do we win the game last night with a 25 year old Steven Gerrard...its a yes for me.

Well SG would've known what to do with that chance he had, that's for sure.
      Don't wanna come down on Naby though, as a team we just came up short on the night.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #975: May 29, 2022 02:00:37 pm

Plays a different position for one . He has had a good season . Not as good as what I think he is capable of but definate signs . The lad had 13 mins to make an impact which is not easy .If anything our set up does not suit him but he needs to take more responsibility that's for sure
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 752 
      Reply #976: May 29, 2022 02:17:34 pm
      Well SG would've known what to do with that chance he had, that's for sure.
      Don't wanna come down on Naby though, as a team we just came up short on the night.
      Hindsight etc. He didn't miss it deliberately...from where he was I'd have missed it...but not by that much!
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #977: May 29, 2022 02:23:03 pm
      Still feel sick from last night, the one thing it brought home to me again is our complete lack of goals from midfield, it’s great when the front three are firing but when they fail the team fails , it’s deffo one of our weaknesses . Proud of the team and Jürgen this season , let’s re group and go again .

And our strongest midfield of Hendo, Fab and Thiago. Yes they control the play and it terms of holding play, protecting the back 4 they're excellent but offer little in attack.

The Ox, Jones, Keita, even Elliott don't offer enough goal threat and we need to get a half decent attacking midfielder into the squad.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 752 
      Reply #978: May 29, 2022 02:23:09 pm
      Kennedy, Case, McDermott, Souness, Molby smacked loads in
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 752 
      Reply #979: May 29, 2022 02:26:03 pm
      And our strongest midfield of Hendo, Fab and Thiago. Yes they control the play and it terms of holding play, protecting the back 4 they're excellent but offer little in attack.

The Ox, Jones, Keita, even Elliott don't offer enough goal threat and we need to get a half decent attacking midfielder into the squad.
      For me it was worth a punt on Taki with 15/20 to go...Not to be
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #980: May 29, 2022 02:33:40 pm

Maybe now you understand my style of response, because I've had that abuse for 30+ years following my team and like f**k I'm being nice back.

This is the reason I am seriously considering F***ing off football. Social media has made the whole thing ten times worse. Oppo fans will use last night, it's absolutely inevitable. If they don't know what happened they won't want to know, even if they know they will say the same things just to wind us up. It's toddler level sh*t and I'm sick of it. Ninety % of the Manc maggots who chant "Murderers" and " always the victims" know it's bullshit but they do it anyway. Fan culture stinks.

And this season feels so unjust to me. Losing to an inferior team with a superiority complex is horrible, but losing out by a point twice to an oil state club who are so blatantly cheating is even worse. In fact we are helping them cheat. It's only Klopp's genius and our amazing recruitment that has stopped City winning the last five Leagues by 20 points a season. If that happened interest would drop, TV audiences would drop and revenues would drop so then they would actually be forced to act.

I'm normally a level headed fan, elated when we win, perspective when we lose - but I was so frustrated and angry last night I ripped my shirt off. It's just getting wore and worse. Look at the F***ing Mbappe deal. Newcastle are about to enter the game. It's not about the club, it's not about the fans - it's a corporate game. We might aswell be cheering for share prices. Which billionaire b***ard do you want to win?

Getting this out of my life is objectively the best thing to do, certainly for my mental health. But it's an emotional game and will be incredibly tough to disengage when I've been a fan since I knew anything. It might be reflexive after last night, but I've hated the game for a long time now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #981: May 29, 2022 02:50:14 pm
      Plays a different position for one . He has had a good season . Not as good as what I think he is capable of but definate signs . The lad had 13 mins to make an impact which is not easy .If anything our set up does not suit him but he needs to take more responsibility that's for sure

not comparing Stevie and Naby I was asking would a 25 year old Stevie in that team make a difference. Naby isnt going to be a LFC great they Midfield needs looking at more than defence or attack we need a dynamic force in there a player who can drive the team
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #982: May 29, 2022 03:17:25 pm
      I was referring to comparison to Kante but get it . He us certainly more dynamic than Hendo so if if a new midfielder bought he will also be under threat . Thiago and Fab yes but still think we can add into mix
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #983: May 29, 2022 05:27:43 pm
      Reports from before the game sound an absolute disgrace.
      Not just that the organisation was terrible, entrances to certain gates not being open for some reason, nobody giving the crowds updates, security guys not speaking English, people waiting in queues for hours, kids, families, older folks, people with tickets giving up trying to get in, people getting told they had invalid tickets, the list goes on.
      And the police spraying people with mace, tear gas, eye witness reports saying in some cases for no apparent reason.
      UEFA and the French police/security should be hung out to dry, biggest game of the year and they fu**ed it right up.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #984: May 29, 2022 05:34:34 pm
      Reports from before the game sound an absolute disgrace.
      Not just that the organisation was terrible, entrances to certain gates not being open for some reason, nobody giving the crowds updates, security guys not speaking English, people waiting in queues for hours, kids, families, older folks, people with tickets giving up trying to get in, people getting told they had invalid tickets, the list goes on.
      And the police spraying people with mace, tear gas, eye witness reports saying in some cases for no apparent reason.
      UEFA and the French police/security should be hung out to dry, biggest game of the year and they fu**ed it right up.

Paul from redmen has an eloquent account of events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Bq4FzSSIE
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #985: May 29, 2022 05:52:00 pm
      Bitter and twisted bas**rds by me were letting fireworks off at the full time whistle last night. What the F**k goes through there minds
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #986: May 29, 2022 06:33:48 pm
      Bitter and twisted bas**rds by me were letting fireworks off at the full time whistle last night. What the f**k goes through there minds
      Same by me mate  also woke up this morning
      To see the bad bitter blue over the road from me had hung an  Everton flag out of his bedroom window and hung one on the inside of his bay window they really are a bunch of pathetic tw*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #987: May 29, 2022 06:37:58 pm
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #988: May 29, 2022 06:38:57 pm
      Same by me mate  also woke up this morning
      To see the bad bitter blue over the road from me had hung an  Everton flag out of his bedroom window and hung one on the inside of his bay window they really are a bunch of pathetic tw*ts.

Celebrating the lack of success from a rival is the most perfect demonstration of faulure. Bitter forever.

Quick Reply