Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29964 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: May 29, 2022 12:42:24 am
      I just watched it again.
      Not sure we deserved to lose but we didn’t deserve to win either.
      We weren’t at the races. Nothing clicked.

Honestly think we smashed them. They offered F**k all bar the goal and the offside one.

We had countless chances but just didn't take them. It's now a big theme for us in the biggest matches though and will be a massive headache for Jürgen and the staff to sort over the summer.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #875: May 29, 2022 12:46:56 am
      Rewatched the highlights. I take anything back, 0.0 reason for us to have low heads, Real was plain luckier.

We had 8 good chances, 3 of them had top quality: Mané‘s post hit, Salah‘s header but unfortunately right into Courtois‘ arms, Salah‘s late shot that was deflected from Courtois‘s arm.

Real had 2 good chances, both had top quality.

That was a CL Final and you always get 1-2 big chances against you, but we created more than enough. No need to second-guess anything, just move on like Klopp said in his interview. We tried properly, the rest is fate which you cannot control.

One thing I noticed watching back was how quick theirkeeper was reacting after he had made the save. Covered so much ground.
      But boy, were Henderson and Trent rubbish.
      Didn’t think our subs changed the game much either. Keita doesn’t grab the game by the scruff of its neck which is what we needed today. A midfield general.

Also, salah seem to play with this constant manic smile. There was desperation to his play from the first whistle.

Thiago started well but faded quickly.

And our set pieces were dire. They have served us well all season but not today.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #876: May 29, 2022 12:49:01 am
      Honestly think we smashed them. They offered f**k all bar the goal and the offside one.

We had countless chances but just didn't take them. It's now a big theme for us in the biggest matches though and will be a massive headache for Jürgen and the staff to sort over the summer.

I don’t think we smashed them. We had more shots but only three of them were noteworthy.
      First half hour we controlled the game but that disallowed goal seemed to change the flow. Maybe gave them belief.

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,110 posts | 83 
      Reply #877: May 29, 2022 12:56:20 am
      One thing I noticed watching back was how quick theirkeeper was reacting after he had made the save. Covered so much ground.
      Didn’t think our subs changed the game much either. Keita doesn’t grab the game by the scruff of its neck which is what we needed today. A midfield general.

Also, salah seem to play with this constant manic smile. There was desperation to his play from the first whistle.

And our set pieces were dire. They have served us well all season but not today.

I got as deceived as you when I watched because of the emotion. When you look at the stats and see the Highlights you will come to peace. We did more than enough, we played a good game, more than enough to win CL7, but Real just scored where we did not and that was not better skill, just plain luck. It is important because it means we do not need to change anything, there is nothing we can blame sustantially.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #878: May 29, 2022 12:57:43 am
      Honestly think we smashed them. They offered f**k all bar the goal and the offside one.

Although we controlled most of the game, I thought we were a little bit nonchalant from what we can be, for most of it. I've been right on the ale, though.

But f**king ay! I'll go there. From when my dad got ill in 13/14 then the inbetween bit and him passing in 2019 I mastered a f**king great footy thing.

Football can no longer ruin my day but, I will let it make my day.

I'm happier in my life for it.

Unbelievable moments along an awesome journey with so many memories made for Liverpool fans, from all over the world, who have different types of ways of supporting the club.

Pipe dreams for a high majority of any other football fans in this universe. Not in their wildest dreams do they get what we get.

Up the f**king reds, on to the next journey.

YNWA

YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #879: May 29, 2022 12:58:26 am

Bit harsh, I just watched the highlights again.  Salah was unlucky as was Mane, due mainly to Courtois.  But Keita did not add anything for me.  I like Jota and I wish we could see more of the Ox and shame about Origi's injury.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #880: May 29, 2022 12:59:15 am
      We change players but stick to the same tactics.
      With 9 men behind the ball they’re always gonna be difficult to break down. Once they’ve settled defensively, we don’t offer too much change to pull them as round.
      And very few long shots other than the three into row z
      🤷‍♂️
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #881: May 29, 2022 01:03:16 am
      Bit harsh, I just watched the highlights again.  Salah was unlucky as was Mane, due mainly to Courtois.  But Keita did not add anything for me.  I like Jota and I wish we could see more of the Ox and shame about Origi's injury.

I just think we could have played a lot better and Madrid couldn’t have played much worse.

But onwards and upwards!

Looking forward to the fixtures being released and transfers now...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #882: May 29, 2022 01:04:23 am
      , Salah‘s late shot that was deflected from Courtois‘s arm

This one annoyed me, the most. It'll go down as a great stop because he does the basics and sat up but, if Mo doesnt give that ball a lift and hits it along the floor, he scores.

Anyway. The Ev. They're funny
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #883: May 29, 2022 01:24:22 am
      Last time we lost a final against Real Madrid, we won the year after, so here's hoping the cycle will continue.  ;)
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #884: May 29, 2022 01:47:23 am
      Absolutely grim hearing from  so many fans saying the day was ruined by what happened before the game. Sounds like the club are going to push hard on this and I hope they do, it’s just not good enough.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,795 posts | 464 
      Reply #885: May 29, 2022 01:49:50 am
      Is it fair or unfair to say Trent was asleep for Madrid's goal?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #886: May 29, 2022 01:53:27 am
      I've just, for some reason, had Sly Sports News on and heard Jay Bothroyd saying our season has to go down as a failure and I'm now pouring another gin and thinking of knocking at his house.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #887: May 29, 2022 01:53:57 am

Ball watching. Besides that he done well, I thought
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #888: May 29, 2022 01:57:01 am

Robertson pressed, Modric found the pass and then we’re exposed. I thought VVD would come across but he didn’t, where Trent seemed to F**k up, I don’t think he looked behind him? Hey ho. Just another game of fine margins everywhere.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #889: May 29, 2022 02:09:57 am
      I've just, for some reason, had Sly Sports News on and heard Jay Bothroyd saying our season has to go down as a failure and I'm now pouring another gin and thinking of knocking at his house.

His whole career was a failure. I'm pretty sure he's never played European football, so he should probably not get involved.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #890: May 29, 2022 02:33:07 am
      Been reading we are after Kane?
      Would Kane scored with any of those chances that we had last night?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #891: May 29, 2022 02:58:12 am
      Been reading we are after Kane?
      Would Kane scored with any of those chances that we had last night?

Its prolly fake news, but if that were true I'd nut. Their keeper was great today, so who knows if he would've scored those chances. I can confidently say if we had Kane our attack would be damn near unstoppable. Especially since he's added his deep lying attack aspect to his game. He f**king shredded City from a MF position this season.

This is the type of signing that would make us better, but would come at a cost (price wise and a front 3 member). It would be worth it though
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #892: May 29, 2022 04:18:25 am
      Absolutely grim hearing from  so many fans saying the day was ruined by what happened before the game. Sounds like the club are going to push hard on this and I hope they do, it’s just not good enough.

Some of the accounts I've heard are F***ing terrible, ten year old kid taken to hospital with suspected broken rib after getting batoned by a French bizzie. Loads of local North African pickpockets doing the rounds after the game targeting Liverpool fans. Scallies having battles with the locals at the metro stations.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,539 posts | 725 
      Reply #893: May 29, 2022 04:34:28 am

24 shots
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,636 posts | 130 
      Reply #894: May 29, 2022 06:35:50 am
      I know it was a great season (even winning two titles) but right now it doesn’t feel like that for me. Can’t really convince myself about that feeling to be honest. Hopefully will still come later but at the moment I’m simply gutted.

Losing out on the EPL the weekend before was okay and easy to accept considering it was not in our hands. However losing the CL final now? Sorry but I just can’t get over my disappointment right now. 2018 we were a team in development with obvious weak spots that made stupid individual mistakes, this team now should have won it! No excuses. I don’t care if we were the better team. Being the better and and losing doesn’t win you any silverware. I don’t care how RM played and that they only had two chances and got lucky but they managed the game, did what was necessary and got it over the line.

The moment Salah talked about this whole revenge bullshit in the media we were behind psychology, that’s why Klopp tried to play it down in his press conference but that was too late. Next time he should keep his mouth shut and talk thrash after the game.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #895: May 29, 2022 06:57:20 am
      This one hurts  like a morherfucker.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #896: May 29, 2022 07:52:43 am
      I feel worse this morning than last night...you know you're a good team when people are laughing at you finishing 2nd in the PL and CL

Quick Reply