Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31978 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: May 29, 2022 10:36:50 am
      If people think this is a failure think about seasons past when we paid money to watch Konchesky, Poulsen etc . Yes it hurts but we will come back and learn from this. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #921: May 29, 2022 10:38:04 am
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #922: May 29, 2022 10:39:29 am
      mate Mo won the golden boot again Sadio and Jota scored over 20 goals each. For some reason we played 3 finals and didnt score a goal and drew with City, Chelsea and Spurs. I dont know what the answer is .

Hearing rumours of Kane again this morning doesn't seem to suit how we currently play and I'm not the biggest admirer of him to be honest, but I'm intrigued.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #923: May 29, 2022 10:40:00 am
      Really thought how the first half went we were due for a win ,in total command of the match for most of it. Could not fault the lads commitment they did their best after a long hard season. Shithouses like Gary Neville spouting bile and bullshit comments after the events of the tear-gas and pepper spray incidents are totally inappropriate ,fans and their families injured and scared. my thoughts this morning are with the fans, some of them kids, and also with Klopp and the team . Thanks lads for a great season ,been a real pleasure to watch you all .
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #924: May 29, 2022 10:43:28 am
      Yes very successful season. On another day we would've scored 2 in the first 30 mins. Coming out second half we were slightly off the pace and they were getting room and time on the ball. Still it's over, we're in it next season so the coffers are full with plenty coming in next season.

Splash the cash. Attacking midfielder, more fire power up front a must.
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #925: May 29, 2022 10:48:10 am
      Hearing rumours of Kane again this morning doesn't seem to suit how we currently play and I'm not the biggest admirer of him to be honest, but I'm intrigued.

Kane...nah.. 1 possibly 2 more seasons in him...be injured half the time. City looked at him again and came to the same conclusion as me...so they went for Haaland.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #926: May 29, 2022 10:49:07 am
      As long as all our fans get home safely, and we give the guys a tremendous welcome we learn and move on.
      Changes in and out are inevitable getting a chance to redeem where we went wrong will be all that is needed  ,this great team Jürgen has put together,these players are special what with a few new faces god knows where we will end up look at Konate last night there's your starter for 10  ,looking forward to the journey.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #927: May 29, 2022 10:52:20 am

We won't be buying Kane but I think actually could fit into the Firmino role.

Don't want him though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #928: May 29, 2022 10:54:31 am
      Don't think anyone sensible can say this season has been anything bar a success. Two cups we haven't had our hands on in ages to complete the set for the Klopp era, another 90 point league season and a run in the CL.

It's just the manner of the last week that stings a bit so some of the reaction is understandable. The mind works in an odd way - had City thrashed Villa 5-0 with early goals and Madrid put in a 10/10 masterclass to beat us soundly it all would have been easier to take even though the end result would have been exactly the same.
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #929: May 29, 2022 10:56:38 am
      As long as all our fans get home safely, and we give the guys a tremendous welcome we learn and move on.
      Changes in and out are inevitable getting a chance to redeem where we went wrong will be all that is needed  ,this great team Jürgen has put together,these players are special what with a few new faces god knows where we will end up look at Konate last night there's your starter for 10  ,looking forward to the journey.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

YNWA

Is it a major rebuild or just a tidy up. Is Mo a spent force or is it just fatigue. Is Trent being caught between a rock and a hard place. Diaz good but don't big him up as if he is the answer. Midfield good but all little bit to similar possibly.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #930: May 29, 2022 10:56:45 am
      We won't be buying Kane but I think actually could fit into the Firmino role.

Don't want him though.

I hate him but we would go to a whole new level with someone like Kane. One of the most creative players in the league and you just know he would have left Courtois with no chance with at least one or two of the chances we had last night.

Annoying c**t though.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #931: May 29, 2022 10:59:36 am
      We lost out on winning one of the big two because of the other two cups. Simple as that.

But what really bothers me is 320mins of football in 3 finals and not one goal. That says enough.
      Most of the first team squad wasn't used for the majority of the caribou.
      All football teams are fluid with incoming and outgoing going on in the background, I sense the team is a bit stale.not bad, just stale.
      I think if we lost Jota, or swapped him for Saint-Maximin no one would lose a lot of sleep
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #932: May 29, 2022 10:59:58 am
      Is it a major rebuild or just a tidy up. Is Mo a spent force or is it just fatigue. Is Trent being caught between a rock and a hard place. Diaz good but don't big him up as if he is the answer. Midfield good but all little bit to similar possibly.

Tidy up surely.

A midfielder at the level of Thiago and Fab (drop off to the rest is too great at the moment), an attacker who is maybe a bit more of a natural finisher in front of goal (ideally can cover out right if needed) and some proper cover for Trent (so that he can get a rest and also so that he gets pushed a bit because he's coasted through this season at times) and we go again.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #933: May 29, 2022 11:01:16 am
      I hate him but we would go to a whole new level with someone like Kane. One of the most creative players in the league and you just know he would have left Courtois with no chance with at least one or two of the chances we had last night.

Annoying c**t though.
      We'd soon stop hating him banging them in in front of the kop
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #934: May 29, 2022 11:08:05 am
      Tidy up surely.

A midfielder at the level of Thiago and Fab (drop off to the rest is too great at the moment), an attacker who is maybe a bit more of a natural finisher in front of goal (ideally can cover out right if needed) and some proper cover for Trent (so that he can get a rest and also so that he gets pushed a bit because he's coasted through this season at times) and we go again.
      The Salah fatigue thing is folly, it's lame,It's his/our get out of jail card.Why would he be any more tired than anyone else. Last night he was a passenger first half, as Walton said at the time.
      The whole game was like the game against Spurs...except we couldn't force the equaliser.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #935: May 29, 2022 11:14:42 am
      The Salah fatigue thing is folly, it's lame,It's his/our get out of jail card.Why would he be any more tired than anyone else. Last night he was a passenger first half, as Walton said at the time.
      The whole game was like the game against Spurs...except we couldn't force the equaliser.

Salah was mentally gone after the two setbacks with Egypt in such a short space of time. Killed any chance of him winning the Ballon d'Or etc. and losing both to his teammate was too much for him. Made a lot of wrong decisions on the pitch and lost him composure in front of goal.

He needs a summer off to reset and I think he will be ok but yes, I think if that season continued another month or two it would have been exactly the same.
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #936: May 29, 2022 11:23:07 am

Can't make that call on Mo. We don't know the full SP. My view is it's a bit of everything. Loss of form, fatigue, defenders dealing with him better, our slow build up. 31 goals in total. So just having a pop at him calling him a "passenger" is out of order.

Done wonders for the club so pulling him apart doesn't sit easy with me.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #937: May 29, 2022 11:28:28 am
      Salah was mentally gone after the two setbacks with Egypt in such a short space of time. Killed any chance of him winning the Ballon d'Or etc. and losing both to his teammate was too much for him. Made a lot of wrong decisions on the pitch and lost him composure in front of goal.

He needs a summer off to reset and I think he will be ok but yes, I think if that season continued another month or two it would have been exactly the same.

Also, Mo will have a long midseason break next year with no WC. Spend a couple of weeks chilling with your family, come back to Liverpool and get ready for the 2nd half of the season.
      Going to be weird having a big break in PL season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #938: May 29, 2022 11:29:54 am
      We had enough to win it that makes it worse.

We will going again.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,714 posts | 7164 
      Reply #939: May 29, 2022 11:42:45 am
      if you remember the demise of the Arsenal team they were accused of trying to score perfect goals and we have fallen into that category at times.
      We need to just make slight adjustments so we beat City or beat Chelsea and score a screamer in the Cup finals as in Stevie 2006. We need a bit of evolution not revolution. Mo needs to reassess his own future and he wont be going to the World Cup so his season can be managed better.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #940: May 29, 2022 11:43:45 am
      I’m as gutted as the next bloke, woke up with that empty feeling, hoping it’s a dream and it’s still Saturday morning, but it isn’t is it ?
      I would doubt there is anything worse than losing a final, especially the biggest of them all, it matters not a jot how we played, we lost it’s a simple and as raw as that, I’m not going to congratulate RM, they won it, but I’m not going to be all ‘Lorraine Kelly’ over it and be patronisingly all sportsmanship like, they won, now F**k Off !!

As for us, the long suffering fans, plenty of cats being kicked, gobbing off at the checkout lady, being a cnut to yer Missus or Mr, Swearing at the bin lids, lot’s and lot’s of road rage, Scowling at the neighbours noisy or not, the slamming of doors etc, it all helps, you can’t keep all that pent up anger within, get it tae F**k oot, once you have done all or some of that, you will feel much better, trust, everyone f***in hates me, most closest to me stayed the F**k away and never came back, so I know, know how we are all feeling right now !!

As for our boys, they have been unbelievable this season, they have taken us all on a journey we should never ever forget, a journey that brought us within a bawbag hair of Martyrdom, no other squad of players in the history of English football has gotten as close as we did to winning the f***in lot, no one, not even the Scummers of scumchester town at their peak,

Yet I’ve read some of the absolute sh*te on these boards ridiculing our players, like Mane, Mo, Hendo, Trent, Thiago, Jota, to name but a few, call yourself supporters !! Really ?

Now I know how Caesar must have felt, thank F**k it’s not March eh, all of those players have been outstanding, you or me or anyone else cannot ask for anything else from this unbelievable squad, they have given their all the whole season to bring us the glory we all crave, and I include Jürgen, Pep, Pete & all the fitness guys, everyone at the Axa, Everyone, so criticising them feels like a kick in the bollocks to me, and if I’m totally honest completely pisses me off,…

….WHAT THE F**k DO YOU WANT FFS…

You want to buy the success that f***in plastic lot at Eastlands have just bought again, bank rolled by a oligarchs Ill gotten gains, that what you want ? to have perfection so as the media can w*nk all over your ‘achievements’ then wax lyrical just so you feel good about your glory hunting?

Whatever happened to ‘You win some, you lose some’ is any of that relevant anymore?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,714 posts | 7164 
      Reply #941: May 29, 2022 11:45:52 am
      still fuming about the treatment of the fans to be honest dont give a F**k about winning or losing. If a firework or gun went of when people had been penned in and panic started people could have died and f***in UEFA blaming fans without tickets is disgusting .No word from our Government on the treatment of Her Majesty's subjects and they wonder why we hate the ruling authorities in this Country
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,714 posts | 7164 
      Reply #942: May 29, 2022 11:48:00 am
      I’m as gutted as the next bloke, woke up with that empty feeling, hoping it’s a dream and it’s still Saturday morning, but it isn’t is it ?
      I would doubt there is anything worse than losing a final, especially the biggest of them all, it matters not a jot how we played, we lost it’s a simple and as raw as that, I’m not going to congratulate RM, they won it, but I’m not going to be all ‘Lorraine Kelly’ over it and be patronisingly all sportsmanship like, they won, now F**k Off !!

As for us, the long suffering fans, plenty of cats being kicked, gobbing off at the checkout lady, being a cnut to yer Missus or Mr, Swearing at the bin lids, lot’s and lot’s of road rage, Scowling at the neighbours noisy or not, the slamming of doors etc, it all helps, you can’t keep all that pent up anger within, get it tae f**k oot, once you have done all or some of that, you will feel much better, trust, everyone f***in hates me, most closest to me stayed the f**k away and never came back, so I know, know how we are all feeling right now !!

As for our boys, they have been unbelievable this season, they have taken us all on a journey we should never ever forget, a journey that brought us within a bawbag hair of Martyrdom, no other squad of players in the history of English football has gotten as close as we did to winning the f***in lot, no one, not even the Scummers of scumchester town at their peak,

Yet I’ve read some of the absolute sh*te on these boards ridiculing our players, like Mane, Mo, Hendo, Trent, Thiago, Jota, to name but a few, call yourself supporters !! Really ?

Now I know how Caesar must have felt, thank f**k it’s not March eh, all of those players have been outstanding, you or me or anyone else cannot ask for anything else from this unbelievable squad, they have given their all the whole season to bring us the glory we all crave, and I include Jürgen, Pep, Pete & all the fitness guys, everyone at the Axa, Everyone, so criticising them feels like a kick in the bollocks to me, and if I’m totally honest completely pisses me off,…

….WHAT THE F**k DO YOU WANT FFS…

You want to buy the success that f***in plastic lot at Eastlands have just bought again, bank rolled by a oligarchs Ill gotten gains, that what you want ? to have perfection so as the media can w*nk all over your ‘achievements’ then wax lyrical just so you feel good about your glory hunting?

Whatever happened to ‘You win some, you lose some’ is any of that relevant anymore?

we were 3 goals short of the quad 1 against SPurs at home and two last night end of f***in story.

Quick Reply