Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29843 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4908 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: May 29, 2022 11:49:42 am
      I hate him but we would go to a whole new level with someone like Kane. One of the most creative players in the league and you just know he would have left Courtois with no chance with at least one or two of the chances we had last night.

Annoying c**t though.

Don't think I could bear looking at him in red.

And I still think he's a little over rated.

And a c**t to boot.

Probably end up signing him now. :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,272 posts | 6371 
      Reply #944: May 29, 2022 11:51:28 am
      Well, a nights sleep didnā€™t really help. Still really F***ing bummed. Feel bad for the boys because I know how much they wanted to end this season on a high. I just canā€™t believe we couldnā€™t score a single goal in three finals. Surely thereā€™s work to do to remedy that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,476 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #945: May 29, 2022 11:51:49 am
      I've just remembered Naby Keita's shot and I think he should be given a beating.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,272 posts | 6371 
      Reply #946: May 29, 2022 12:04:43 pm
      I've just remembered Naby Keita's shot and I think he should be given a beating.

Naby and Jota were frustrating as hell. Basically came on and did F**k all. Iā€™d have rather had Milner and Matip on to be honest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4908 
      Reply #947: May 29, 2022 12:06:27 pm

Agree.

Should be sold on that moment alone.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #948: May 29, 2022 12:09:26 pm
      Still gutted. Madrid was there for the taking but I think our legs had gone from such a long season. We just didn't turn up on the day. We set high standards because we are of a high standard. That's why it hurts. We go again.

Nothing to say about the tear gas incidents, but I get the impression the police were in the wrong with their heavy-handed tactics.

YNWA

You couldn't have been watching the same game as me, we dominated the first half and only for the heroics of their 'keeper we could have been 2 up in the second.
      They scored on their 2nd attempt on goal after a breakaway which caught the defence unawares .
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 745 
      Reply #949: May 29, 2022 12:30:52 pm
      Can't make that call on Mo. We don't know the full SP. My view is it's a bit of everything. Loss of form, fatigue, defenders dealing with him better, our slow build up. 31 goals in total. So just having a pop at him calling him a "passenger" is out of order.

Done wonders for the club so pulling him apart doesn't sit easy with me.
      Salah has been a godsend for the club, non one can deny that. Saying he was a passenger may be over the top, granted, but he didn't contribute enough in my humble opinion....his revenge quotes to the press didn't help.
      Of course all our posts this morning are just a way of dealing with the result, getting it off one's chest. No one's interested in what I think, I'm not even interested in what I think, No one's really interested in what anyone thinks....it's just a silent primal scream. Essentially loss aversion. Losing always generates more pain, than the joy gained from winning.

Remember we're all on the same side here and we can't agree about everything
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #950: May 29, 2022 12:31:35 pm
      We'd soon stop hating him banging them in in front of the kop

Do you honestly see us spending an excessive amount on Kane? Nah me either!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #951: May 29, 2022 12:32:50 pm
      I think if we lost Jota, or swapped him for Saint-Maximin no one would lose a lot of sleep

What utter brain dead F***ing bollocks.

bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #952: May 29, 2022 12:36:47 pm
      Just hope to god we get a decent ref in next years final.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 745 
      Reply #953: May 29, 2022 12:38:20 pm
      What utter brain dead f**king bollocks.
      It's an opinion, some might agree with it, you don't, you're opinion is exactly as valid as mine ....it doesn't matter anyway it's not going to happen
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #954: May 29, 2022 12:39:15 pm
      It's an opinion, some might agree with it, you don't, you're opinion is exactly as valid as mine ....it doesn't matter anyway it's not going to happen

Hence my answer!!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,233 posts | 1388 
      Reply #955: May 29, 2022 12:43:35 pm
      Salah has been a godsend for the club, non one can deny that. Saying he was a passenger may be over the top, granted, but he didn't contribute enough in my humble opinion....his revenge quotes to the press didn't help.
      Of course all our posts this morning are just a way of dealing with the result, getting it off one's chest. No one's interested in what I think, I'm not even interested in what I think, No one's really interested in what anyone thinks....it's just a silent primal scream. Essentially loss aversion. Losing always generates more pain, than the joy gained from winning.

Remember we're all on the same side here and we can't agree about everything

Well Longy..as it happens I do like your posting style. Good addition to the site. Yes there's pain and it will take some time to heal. We move on and see what response/ excuses the French spout for their disgusting behaviour outside the ground.
      JustAnotherRed77
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #956: May 29, 2022 12:44:21 pm
      You couldn't have been watching the same game as me, we dominated the first half and only for the heroics of their 'keeper we could have been 2 up in the second.
      They scored on their 2nd attempt on goal after a breakaway which caught the defence unawares .
      Agreed, says a lot when the MotM is the winning teams keeper.

Shots
      LFC 24 - 4 RM

Shots on target
      LFC 9 - 2 RM

Possession
      LFC 54% - RM 46%

Corners
      LFC 6.- 2 RM

Courtios saved 6 shots from Salah alone

We got caught by one counter and possibly a mistake from TAA. He saw Vini Jr running behind him, but instead of dropping wide to cover him, TAA decided to cut in near VVD, giving Vini Jr space and time to get ball under control and shoot.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 745 
      Reply #957: May 29, 2022 12:46:36 pm
      As Iv'e said before We're all cut from the same cloth mate. I just felt your vernacular a tad abrasive
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #958: May 29, 2022 12:47:08 pm
      Bottom line is we reached an impressive points tally in the league, won two domestic cups and came runners up in the champions league.
      Itā€™s not a great season, but a very good one.

Just a shame the last game, the biggest of the season, a lot of our players didnā€™t turn up.

Still lots of positives to take into next season.

18 other premier league clubs would love to be in our position.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,476 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #959: May 29, 2022 12:54:31 pm
      The Salah fatigue thing is folly, it's lame,It's his/our get out of jail card.Why would he be any more tired than anyone else. Last night he was a passenger first half, as Walton said at the time.
      The whole game was like the game against Spurs...except we couldn't force the equaliser.

A passenger? What game were you watching?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #960: May 29, 2022 01:02:52 pm
      No one is going to feel positive after all that but we have to be immensely proud of this team and what they continue to achieve. Over the course of this season they've put their absolute all into everything, nothing we've lost over the last week or so has been because of a lack of effort or determination. Football can be a game of fine margins and as Klopp said recently, if you want to win big you have to be prepared to lose big. Unfortunately it didn't go our way last night.

Maybe it's naive optimism or stubborn hope, but I truly believe we'll be back in the final yet again very very soon. I believe Klopp when he said that in his interview and I think the players will too, once the immediate disappointment starts to fade. Throughout Klopp's reign here (and indeed his whole career) he's used failure as a motivator, and a spring board to better things.

In terms of the game, we were good but not great. A bit too wasteful with the ball but obviously barring an outstanding goalkeeping performance the game goes differently. C'est la vie.

As for the scenes in and around the ground before, during and after the game, there needs to be some accountability for UEFA and particularly the French police. Shocking treatment of regular matchgoing fans, and absolutely no responsbility taken by either party for an organisational shambles.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,772 posts | 462 
      Reply #961: May 29, 2022 01:18:13 pm

I screamed when he took that shot and he tried to ā€œfinesseā€ it. No excuse for a professional football player with that bull sh*t. He was in great range, he was open, and he should of put his laces through that ball. Honestly, Iā€™m touch and go with Naby. He has signs of greatness and signs of playing without a brain. Personally I would try to sell him.

Im hurting this morning reds. I appreciate the positive posts that I have read. Sort of makes things better. What a turbulent week of football. It was a week today that our hearts were in our throats, with our hands on #20.
      God bless all of you, and have a great summer. Hopefully Iā€™ll be back in here posting on a few great summer signings!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #962: May 29, 2022 01:21:56 pm
      As Iv'e said before We're all cut from the same cloth mate. I just felt your vernacular a tad abrasive

HR has his own style of posting, once youā€™ve been on the forum long enough youā€™ll realise his bark is worse than his bite.  ;D 
      Wait for his answer on my post and youā€™ll get the gist  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #963: May 29, 2022 01:26:56 pm
      HR has his own style of posting, once youā€™ve been on the forum long enough youā€™ll realise his bark is worse than his bite.  ;D 
      Wait for his answer on my post and youā€™ll get the gist  :D

I'm not really arsed anymore.

Totally done after last night. The constant abuse scousers get with Heysel and Hillsborough digs and the pathetic shout of "bantz" getting thrown about on twitter and the horror stories from last night have left me a bit cold about footy today.
      Harrisimo

• 8,233 posts | 1388 
      Reply #964: May 29, 2022 01:27:22 pm
      I screamed when he took that shot and he tried to ā€œfinesseā€ it. No excuse for a professional football player with that bull sh*t. He was in great range, he was open, and he should of put his laces through that ball. Honestly, Iā€™m touch and go with Naby. He has signs of greatness and signs of playing without a brain. Personally I would try to sell him.

Im hurting this morning reds. I appreciate the positive posts that I have read. Sort of makes things better. What a turbulent week of football. It was a week today that our hearts were in our throats, with our hands on #20.
      God bless all of you, and have a great summer. Hopefully Iā€™ll be back in here posting on a few great summer signings!

Yes I was pleased when he signed. Thought he would suit us etc but he just seems to be found wanting when we need someone to produce, even when a good chance falls to him he just doesn't grab it with both hands..just wafts at it. Need to take a serious look at him and make a decision.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #965: May 29, 2022 01:36:15 pm
      I'm not really arsed anymore.

Totally done after last night. The constant abuse scousers get with Heysel and Hillsborough digs and the pathetic shout of "bantz" getting thrown about on twitter and the horror stories from last night have left me a bit cold about footy today.

I donā€™t use tw@tter as you know Pete, ever thought of coming off it? The amount of post I read on here and the link is via tw@tter  is nearly always bullsh!t anyway.  Once again itā€™s the media doing what they do best and just make it up as they go along.

Iā€™m glad I only have Facebook and I only joined that for promotions/marketing at the time. For what itā€™s worth obviously your hurting like most Liverpool fans  are at the moment but youā€™ve had a incredible year, so close yet so far.  Get out today and welcome your lads home, they deserve it.

Quick Reply