Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28851 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: May 29, 2022 06:51:08 pm
      just made my day this parade and boys are loving it
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #990: May 29, 2022 07:25:02 pm
      Unlucky yesterday, but still a brilliant season. The celebration in Liverpool looks brilliant today
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #991: May 29, 2022 07:26:21 pm
      Unlucky yesterday, but still a brilliant season. The celebration in Liverpool looks brilliant today

cant remember what happened yesterday next game Charity Shield at Wembley put City in their place
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #992: May 29, 2022 08:01:01 pm
      having read some of the comments from Everton supporters I think some of them really do need therapy having celebrated Real Madrid's win based on the Fact we stopped them from being European Champions in 1986 46 years of hatred and even though they won the league  ayear or so on and havent won the league since its our fault. What a sorry state of affairs to get into.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #993: May 29, 2022 08:14:32 pm
      The most bitter thing you can do is celebrate a rivals defeat -more when 3 weeks ago they were fighting relegation-, that just shows what a small club they are.

Perfect example of that was that tweet by that c**t of Richardlison, 5 minutes after getting spanked 5 1 by Arsenal.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #994: May 29, 2022 09:04:26 pm
      Its prolly fake news, but if that were true I'd nut. Their keeper was great today, so who knows if he would've scored those chances. I can confidently say if we had Kane our attack would be damn near unstoppable. Especially since he's added his deep lying attack aspect to his game. He f**king shredded City from a MF position this season.

This is the type of signing that would make us better, but would come at a cost (price wise and a front 3 member). It would be worth it though
      Sounds like Mane might leave so Kane down the middle with Dias and Salah either side would be something to see if it would work
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #995: May 29, 2022 09:13:05 pm
      Agreed, says a lot when the MotM is the winning teams keeper.

Shots
      LFC 24 - 4 RM

Shots on target
      LFC 9 - 2 RM

Possession
      LFC 54% - RM 46%

Corners
      LFC 6.- 2 RM

Courtios saved 6 shots from Salah alone

We got caught by one counter and possibly a mistake from TAA. He saw Vini Jr running behind him, but instead of dropping wide to cover him, TAA decided to cut in near VVD, giving Vini Jr space and time to get ball under control and shoot.

I woke up in a foul mood had to walk out of the house and go for a long walk on the Heath not to up set the wife and kids
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #996: May 29, 2022 10:34:21 pm
      Iwas gutted and posted my anger until I saw how the Fkin french and EUFA treated our fans, Both are SCUM,   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #997: May 29, 2022 10:56:48 pm
      If you watch that goal back it looks like Benzema has a touch with his toe before it gets to Viniscius. If so that’s definitely offside as Benzema was miles off when the ball was played. But not even a replay. Me thinks from the beginning to end this didn’t bother UEFA at all that Madrid won. From the treatment and blame of our supporters to the opening number to the after match events and the refereeing it all adds up to a Real win (and just barely embarrassingly enough for them). No sour grapes, just calling it like I see it. Still gutted.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #998: May 30, 2022 09:56:51 am
      French Minister now saying it started with thousands of Liverpool supporters with fake tickets. How the F**k would they know unless they checked them which they didnt. Pictures this morning of people having to climb under the broken turnstile .
      Lets not bother to investigate because its only A) football supporters and B) Liverpool supporters.
      As far as the game is concerned..... what game its already filed away not to be opened.
      Seeing how lifted the boys were yesterday by the parade just fills me with optimism for next season
      britlfc
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #999: May 30, 2022 10:40:32 am
       2018: Mo, our very best player, taken out by a JUDO move (Ramos).
       2022: Mo had SIX shots inside the posts, all defended by the keeper.
       2018: Karius suffered a concussion (Ramos) and gives TWO HOWLERS.
       2022: Courtois, makes MOTM with the BEST EVER keeper performance in a CL final.
       How can this BE EVEN POSSIBLE?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1000: May 30, 2022 10:45:10 am
      French Minister now saying it started with thousands of Liverpool supporters with fake tickets. How the F**k would they know unless they checked them which they didnt. Pictures this morning of people having to climb under the broken turnstile .
      Lets not bother to investigate because its only A) football supporters and B) Liverpool supporters.
      As far as the game is concerned..... what game its already filed away not to be opened.
      Seeing how lifted the boys were yesterday by the parade just fills me with optimism for next season

Pure lies.

Even Robbo has came out and said his friends and family were told that their tickets were fake. When they came directly from the club. Just shows how disgraceful the whole thing really is.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1001: May 30, 2022 11:19:15 am
      ToryBBC using the Uefa "Fake ticket" headline. Might qualify it slightly in the actuall article but it is misleading and anybody browsing the site will pick up on that and possibly blame LFC fans.

It's the type of headline UEFA want as it sets the plot and puts the blame on LFC fans.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1002: May 30, 2022 11:25:18 am
      ToryBBC using the Uefa "Fake ticket" headline. Might qualify it slightly in the actuall article but it is misleading and anybody browsing the site will pick up on that and possibly blame LFC fans.

It's the type of headline UEFA want as it sets the plot and puts the blame on LFC fans.

BBC are good at that.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1003: May 30, 2022 11:54:34 am

Just to clarify the BBC headline should've read.."EUFA claim fake tickets caused Paris final chaos"....when it was presented as fact.  Typical journo trick.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #1004: May 30, 2022 01:01:10 pm
      Pure lies.

Even Robbo has came out and said his friends and family were told that their tickets were fake. When they came directly from the club. Just shows how disgraceful the whole thing really is.

Totally agree buddy

How dumb do they think we are. Another cover up for poor organisation. There’s hundreds of videos online which show the truth yet the French ministers are still trying to blame everyone else except their own failings
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1005: May 30, 2022 03:29:41 pm
      Long one. Havent been on the forum for a while but thought I’d come on today and share my experience.

Three of us travelled down to Folkestone early Friday morning and boarded the train to Calais. Only I had a ticket for the match.

We arrive at our paris hotel just before midday. Quick power nap, change of clothes and off we go to explore the city and what is has to offer.

First stop was the stadium. Stadium itself is quality even though it’s located in a bit of a shithole. I just knew straight away there would be problems on Saturday just from it’s layout. We saw a team of stewards and security being briefed and were being told what formations to use and how to block paths basically. My focus was mostly on Melissa Reddy though who was filming for sky sports and is unbelievably gorgeous in the flesh.

We move on and go to the Eiffel Tower. Lots of reds around now and the atmosphere was building. A few Madrid fans too who shared a smile, laugh and a few beers with us.

We then go to notre dame. Lovely place. A small strip of bars so we decided to stay there for the evening. Thousands of reds in the area now all singing, dancing and bevvying until the early hours. Lots of locals with their cameras out filming who all wanted to join in too. Really good carnival type atmosphere.

Saturday morning and off to the fan park we go. I’ve never seen as many reds in all my life. It was unbelievable.  I’ve seen reports that they believe 60,000 went over but honestly, it was double that easily. It was incredible.

There was a heavy security presence around the perimeter of the fan park and at the entrances too but apart from them removing or confiscating alcohol, i didn’t witness any bother from them. We queued for a while but got into the fan park relatively easily. The fan park I’m not joking was probably a mile long if not further. Once you actually got in, it was a 20 minute walk just to get within sight of the stage.

A few acts warmed the crowd up until Jamie came on and did his set and the whole place was bouncing. The videos and photos will probably never do it justice. Jamie finished bang on half 5 and I decided to leave the fan park at that moment. My two mates stayed as that’s where they were watching the match so we said our goodbyes.

I got on the metro and got to the ground one hour later at half 6, so 2 and a half hours before kick off.

There was a heavy police presence who parked vans across narrow paths that causing a bottle neck walk way. It was their first checkpoint for security but it caused lots of queues and all kinds of other problems.

I got to the turnstiles and there were already thousands of reds there. There were hundreds of locals who decided to turn up too with the sole purpose of bunking in and to cause trouble - many of them pickpocketing and robbing us right infront of the police who did nothing and turned a blind eye to it completely.

The security behind the turnstiles were checking tickets at a snail pace and unfortunately a few reds had fake tickets. Every time somebody tried to get in with a fake ticket or one of the locals tried to bunk in, the security would drag a huge gate across the entrance and wouldn’t remove it for another 5, 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

People were being crushed at this point with the bottle neck systems in place and the huge delays at the gates.  We were all thinking the same thing, it was just horrendous. Women, children and many men were in tears. I saw many people just walk away as they chose to remove themselves from the situation. I was considering it myself at one point.

We had no help from the stewards or police and instead we got the exact opposite. Begging them for help but we were met with pepper spray and sometimes even batons. We were trapped.  People were falling to the ground after being gassed, some in agony and locals then saw them as an easy target and an opportunity to rob them too.

There were no announcements anywhere so we had no idea the game had been delayed. This caused panic and people were becoming restless and angry. There were kick offs everywhere.

I don’t know how but I managed to get in the ground. I’d been gassed like many others and couldn’t see a thing though. If I had arrived 10 or 15 minutes later I don’t think I’d have gotten in.

The game itself I don’t even remember it. I haven’t watched it back and dont plan to either. I think a lot of reds inside that ground felt like me where we were all shaken up and just relieved to be somewhat safe. I couldn’t concentrate on the game.

The game finishes and we then received the exact same treatment coming out of the ground. Met with riot police, more bottle neck systems, more gas and more locals around starting fights or robbing us. Nothing was being done about them. Nothing at all.

Anything said about us turning up late is just a complete and utter lie. This is completely on uefa and the french authorities. I’m sure we will all hear the same old sh*te at anfield next season being ‘always the victims’ but it’s a miracle that nobody lost their life on Saturday night. That I know of anyway. It was that bad.

The first opportunity I got to get away from the french police I took it. Even though it was a rough area with lots of scumbags around I thought that was better than being anywhere near them. I wasn’t going for a pint after that experience so I booked an Uber to my hotel and rang my mates on the way. My mates had done the same thing as they had the same treatment leaving the fan park! They said the police had their shields out with batons drawn and were gassing people for no reason at all. I couldn’t believe they were telling me this after I’d spent the vast majority of the day there and couldn’t understand how a great friendly atmosphere could turn like that.

We all got back to the hotel roughly the same time and went to sleep more or less. Got up the next morning and just couldn’t wait to go home.

What a horrendous way to end the season. A truly sh*t experience that will live with me for a long time. But I’m F***ing proud of my team. My club. What a season it was. Played in every game possible and came within minutes of winning the lot. An unreal achievement. Jürgen and those lads are living legends and I love them all. And I’m proud of my fellow reds too. The best supporters in the world. We came out in our thousands and even when we were treated like caged animals we behaved impeccably. I hope anybody who went all returned home safe.  See you all in Turkey next year.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1006: May 30, 2022 03:42:56 pm
      Brilliant post H. Just a few Q's if you don't mind. Did the pepper spray or tear gas start before any fake tickets were discovered and did you actually see a fake ticket. Could  be these " ticket" holders didn't know the ticket was fake.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1007: May 30, 2022 04:08:05 pm
      Even Reds who should not be named but shall Michael Howard and his Wife told the very same story as everyone else has it was a disaster in the waiting and just luck it didnt end in tragedy .
      If they are saying there were thousands of fake tickets were are they are why were people having to duck under a turnstile to get in.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1008: May 30, 2022 04:08:49 pm

:lmao:

She (or most likely her PR team) later deleted the tweet, but what did she expect? No disrespect to her, but people didn't come to see her, and the delays definitely didn't help.

Also, and I do mean disrespect here, her show was pretty sh*t. ;D
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1009: May 30, 2022 04:14:26 pm

:lmao:

She (or most likely her PR team) later deleted the tweet, but what did she expect? No disrespect to her, but people didn't come to see her, and the delays definitely didn't help.

Also, and I do mean disrespect here, her show was pretty sh*t. ;D

Had to ask my children who she was... and I'm only 40.

Still didn't recognise much of anything they told me about her.  ;D She obviously believes her own hype
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1010: May 30, 2022 05:40:50 pm
      Long one. Havent been on the forum for a while but thought I’d come on today and share my experience.

Three of us travelled down to Folkestone early Friday morning and boarded the train to Calais. Only I had a ticket for the match.

We arrive at our paris hotel just before midday. Quick power nap, change of clothes and off we go to explore the city and what is has to offer.

First stop was the stadium. Stadium itself is quality even though it’s located in a bit of a shithole. I just knew straight away there would be problems on Saturday just from it’s layout. We saw a team of stewards and security being briefed and were being told what formations to use and how to block paths basically. My focus was mostly on Melissa Reddy though who was filming for sky sports and is unbelievably gorgeous in the flesh.

We move on and go to the Eiffel Tower. Lots of reds around now and the atmosphere was building. A few Madrid fans too who shared a smile, laugh and a few beers with us.

We then go to notre dame. Lovely place. A small strip of bars so we decided to stay there for the evening. Thousands of reds in the area now all singing, dancing and bevvying until the early hours. Lots of locals with their cameras out filming who all wanted to join in too. Really good carnival type atmosphere.

Saturday morning and off to the fan park we go. I’ve never seen as many reds in all my life. It was unbelievable.  I’ve seen reports that they believe 60,000 went over but honestly, it was double that easily. It was incredible.

There was a heavy security presence around the perimeter of the fan park and at the entrances too but apart from them removing or confiscating alcohol, i didn’t witness any bother from them. We queued for a while but got into the fan park relatively easily. The fan park I’m not joking was probably a mile long if not further. Once you actually got in, it was a 20 minute walk just to get within sight of the stage.

A few acts warmed the crowd up until Jamie came on and did his set and the whole place was bouncing. The videos and photos will probably never do it justice. Jamie finished bang on half 5 and I decided to leave the fan park at that moment. My two mates stayed as that’s where they were watching the match so we said our goodbyes.

I got on the metro and got to the ground one hour later at half 6, so 2 and a half hours before kick off.

There was a heavy police presence who parked vans across narrow paths that causing a bottle neck walk way. It was their first checkpoint for security but it caused lots of queues and all kinds of other problems.

I got to the turnstiles and there were already thousands of reds there. There were hundreds of locals who decided to turn up too with the sole purpose of bunking in and to cause trouble - many of them pickpocketing and robbing us right infront of the police who did nothing and turned a blind eye to it completely.

The security behind the turnstiles were checking tickets at a snail pace and unfortunately a few reds had fake tickets. Every time somebody tried to get in with a fake ticket or one of the locals tried to bunk in, the security would drag a huge gate across the entrance and wouldn’t remove it for another 5, 10 or 15 minutes at a time.

People were being crushed at this point with the bottle neck systems in place and the huge delays at the gates.  We were all thinking the same thing, it was just horrendous. Women, children and many men were in tears. I saw many people just walk away as they chose to remove themselves from the situation. I was considering it myself at one point.

We had no help from the stewards or police and instead we got the exact opposite. Begging them for help but we were met with pepper spray and sometimes even batons. We were trapped.  People were falling to the ground after being gassed, some in agony and locals then saw them as an easy target and an opportunity to rob them too.

There were no announcements anywhere so we had no idea the game had been delayed. This caused panic and people were becoming restless and angry. There were kick offs everywhere.

I don’t know how but I managed to get in the ground. I’d been gassed like many others and couldn’t see a thing though. If I had arrived 10 or 15 minutes later I don’t think I’d have gotten in.

The game itself I don’t even remember it. I haven’t watched it back and dont plan to either. I think a lot of reds inside that ground felt like me where we were all shaken up and just relieved to be somewhat safe. I couldn’t concentrate on the game.

The game finishes and we then received the exact same treatment coming out of the ground. Met with riot police, more bottle neck systems, more gas and more locals around starting fights or robbing us. Nothing was being done about them. Nothing at all.

Anything said about us turning up late is just a complete and utter lie. This is completely on uefa and the french authorities. I’m sure we will all hear the same old sh*te at anfield next season being ‘always the victims’ but it’s a miracle that nobody lost their life on Saturday night. That I know of anyway. It was that bad.

The first opportunity I got to get away from the french police I took it. Even though it was a rough area with lots of scumbags around I thought that was better than being anywhere near them. I wasn’t going for a pint after that experience so I booked an Uber to my hotel and rang my mates on the way. My mates had done the same thing as they had the same treatment leaving the fan park! They said the police had their shields out with batons drawn and were gassing people for no reason at all. I couldn’t believe they were telling me this after I’d spent the vast majority of the day there and couldn’t understand how a great friendly atmosphere could turn like that.

We all got back to the hotel roughly the same time and went to sleep more or less. Got up the next morning and just couldn’t wait to go home.

What a horrendous way to end the season. A truly sh*t experience that will live with me for a long time. But I’m f**king proud of my team. My club. What a season it was. Played in every game possible and came within minutes of winning the lot. An unreal achievement. Jürgen and those lads are living legends and I love them all. And I’m proud of my fellow reds too. The best supporters in the world. We came out in our thousands and even when we were treated like caged animals we behaved impeccably. I hope anybody who went all returned home safe.  See you all in Turkey next year.

Great post of what really went on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1011: May 30, 2022 05:59:26 pm

What a horrendous way to end the season. A truly sh*t experience that will live with me for a long time. But I’m f**king proud of my team. My club. What a season it was. Played in every game possible and came within minutes of winning the lot. An unreal achievement. Jürgen and those lads are living legends and I love them all. And I’m proud of my fellow reds too. The best supporters in the world. We came out in our thousands and even when we were treated like caged animals we behaved impeccably. I hope anybody who went all returned home safe.  See you all in Turkey next year.

please send this to the Club the % MP's and th eLord Mayor sick and tired of football fans being trated like sub humans who pay a fortune to be treated that way.
      F**k the French cu*ts sorry Konate not you obviously

Quick Reply