Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      62 (70.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (12.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Jun 01, 2022 10:32:52 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28811 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #1012: May 30, 2022 06:17:13 pm

you would hope ALL football fans would get behind this because it could have been City or even UTD or Chelsea
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1013: May 30, 2022 06:52:58 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1014: May 30, 2022 06:57:12 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1015: May 30, 2022 07:07:43 pm
      Skys chief reporter at the ground has just refuted all the claims made by the French , and said they are just closing ranks ,
      Heard he got sprayed on sat night and his crew didn’t realise he got sprayed in the Madrid end , which pours scorn on the French claims that there was no trouble in the Madrid end ,
      He said the only mitigating factor they could try and use was they only had three months to get their plan for the night in order , in short he said it was shambolic by the French and that not only did he witness it but scores of reporters from around the world , actually said it was lies on live tv , for a change well done that journalist.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1016: May 30, 2022 07:25:45 pm
      you would hope ALL football fans would get behind this because it could have been City or even UTD or Chelsea

Ive seen/heard enough to know they have painted Liverpool fans in a very bad way. Even Sky Sports have  come out in support from what little ive seen in the news. Hopefully some justice on the way but we all know how long the authorities take with these type of things, more often than not they try and hide it under the table.  :f_steam:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1017: May 30, 2022 07:29:47 pm

Fans complain, UEFA ignores them. But if sponsors complain, you'll see UEFA immediately take notice. You know what they care about (money, the answer is money).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1018: May 30, 2022 07:35:41 pm
      French Minister now saying it started with thousands of Liverpool supporters with fake tickets. How the F**k would they know unless they checked them which they didnt. Pictures this morning of people having to climb under the broken turnstile .
      Lets not bother to investigate because its only A) football supporters and B) Liverpool supporters.
      As far as the game is concerned..... what game its already filed away not to be opened.
      Seeing how lifted the boys were yesterday by the parade just fills me with optimism for next season

Proper snide remark about Heysel when referring to hooligans.

One cheeky F***ing tw*t considering what's gone on in French Football this season.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #1019: May 30, 2022 07:36:45 pm
      I hope UEFA and the French authorities get nailed for this. They've come out and blamed the fans despite it being their responsibility to organise these events, to plan correctly and follow what should be established procedures for managing large events. They f*cked it up and there is a wealth of evidence to show it. Who holds these people to account?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1020: May 30, 2022 07:43:34 pm
      I hope UEFA and the French authorities get nailed for this. They've come out and blamed the fans despite it being their responsibility to organise these events, to plan correctly and follow what should be established procedures for managing large events. They f*cked it up and there is a wealth of evidence to show it. Who holds these people to account?

This is what corporates do, they just love to pass the buck on those beneath them. Hate them with a passion..
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #1021: May 30, 2022 08:53:44 pm
      French and English goverments, i.e. all political parties are LYING bas**rds, Its compulsory.  They cover thier arses
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1022: May 30, 2022 09:18:14 pm
      Just took the dog for a walk:
       Me: " can't get over that shot from Keita"....Dog: "get over it FFS"...Me: "7o/8o percent of professional footballers get that on target, and if on target70/80 percent hit the net"....Dog: whatever"....Me: "I mean how do we forgive him?...It was almost like missing on purpose!....It had Karius like consequences...it felt like giving another goal away!"...Dog: "You need to dial into your inner Klopp and find some biblical forgiveness...Life's transient, move on, live in the moment"....Me: You've just pissed on your foot"
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1023: May 30, 2022 09:22:18 pm
      Just took the dog for a walk:
       Me: " can't get over that shot from Keita"....Dog: "get over it FFS"...Me: "7o/8o percent of professional footballers get that on target, and if on target70/80 percent hit the net"....Dog: whatever"....Me: "I mean how do we forgive him?...It was almost like missing on purpose!....It had Karius like consequences...it felt like giving another goal away!"...Dog: "You need to dial into your inner Klopp and find some biblical forgiveness...Life's transient, move on, live in the moment"....Me: You've just pissed on your foot"

Haha - that really made me laugh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1024: May 30, 2022 09:27:51 pm
      You know when even sky sports news are backing liverpool fans version of events that UEFA and the French have fu**ed up
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1025: May 30, 2022 09:30:59 pm
      You know when even sky sports news are backing liverpool fans version of events that UEFA and the French have fu**ed up

Very pleasantly surprised by Sky's reaction to this.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1026: May 30, 2022 09:40:38 pm
      Quote from billythered
      63rd game and ppl expect us to be as fresh as our first, went the distance in every competition we entered but apparently that’s still not good enough, took f***in City and their camel jockey cnuts down to the last seconds of the last game of the season, still not good enough,

When you put it like that, you would think that every player played 63 games, which was not the case. A lot only played 1 full game for the past 2 weeks, and some of those didn't even play a full 90 minutes in that time before the final. We've rotated a lot during the season, because that's what you have to do if you want to win the amount of trophies we do. We went off to Southampton with our 5th, 6th and 7th choice forwards upfront, while those above them in the pecking order had the night off.

Quote from hardcoresoldier
      63 games takes its toll on any Squad, especially our Squad. There is a reason you need strength in depth and we don't have it.

So we've gone from "the best squad we've ever had" to "no strength in depth" in a week. Amazing what 1 defeat does to people. From euphoria to the abyss in just 7 days. Football doesn't work like that, and neither do we.

We've been behind in every game this month bar the cup final. We've had to dig deep in all of them, and we found an answer most of the time. This time we had to face Real Madrid. I hated the prospect as I knew what was going to happen, and it happened. So we move on to the next task in front of us, and pray to whatever god you believe in, that we avoid Real Madrid in the European Cup again for about another 20 years.

Quote from GERNS
      Think we had a lot of fatigue out there today which didn’t help. Long long season playing every game possible.
      Has that happened before ?

We didn’t play like we can, but still proud of them all.

So a deserved break and on to next season. Can’t wait !

There's no break for most as they're off on the international circuit. And by the beginning of July, they're back in training and flying off halfway round the world for meaningless pre season kickabouts in the back of beyond. So their break will be minimal again. Some of them will probably get a longer break during the WC, if they're not at it.

I'm not accepting fatigue as an excuse for this. You don't know if/when you'll get to play in these games again. If you want to win these games, then you have to give everything you've got. We had 24 shots in a final, so we gave it everything but it just, as is usually the case in a European Cup Final against Real Madrid, was not quite enough in the end.

As said above, most players have barely played 50 games this year, apart from Alisson who has played every minute of every game since the League Cup Final. He was due a break as well but unlike everyone else, he never got one. The first team playing 63 games in the season, is normal if you want to win everything going, as we should. That's what the most successful sides in our history have managed to do, and that's what the current side has to do atm. It's nothing extraordinary tbh.

Quote from -LFC-

It was the first full capacity European final since we won it, and the chaos outside was a bit of a shock because there was no sign of anything wrong during the 2 hour build up outside the stadium on our tv channel. But in many ways, it isn't a shock. Fans are the least of UEFA's considerations for these games. The allocations are pathetic, the policing is always ott, accommodation is limited, while the costs are astronomical. I've been in that stadium before, I've been in that area of the stadium before, I walked in 10 minutes before ko and there was no issue whatsoever. So forcing fans to wait 3 hours lined up against a fence is frankly appalling behaviour, and the cover up has already begun. They can't cope with a bunch of away fans at an average PSG-Marseille game, let alone adequately police a European Cup Final. And the travelling Kop made up of various nationalities, who put up with their treatment with unbelievable restraint, deserve a full apology instead of what they got. Held fully responsible yet again.

The season is done, but that just means that tomorrow's work starts today.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1027: May 30, 2022 09:45:57 pm
      When you put it like that, you would think that every player played 63 games, which was not the case. A lot only played 1 full game for the past 2 weeks, and some of those didn't even play a full 90 minutes in that time before the final. We've rotated a lot during the season, because that's what you have to do if you want to win the amount of trophies we do. We went off to Southampton with our 5th, 6th and 7th choice forwards upfront, while those above them in the pecking order had the night off.

So we've gone from "the best squad we've ever had" to "no strength in depth" in a week. Amazing what 1 defeat does to people. From euphoria to the abyss in just 7 days. Football doesn't work like that, and neither do we.

We've been behind in every game this month bar the cup final. We've had to dig deep in all of them, and we found an answer most of the time. This time we had to face Real Madrid. I hated the prospect as I knew what was going to happen, and it happened. So we move on to the next task in front of us, and pray to whatever god you believe in, that we avoid Real Madrid in the European Cup again for about another 20 years.

There's no break for most as they're off on the international circuit. And by the beginning of July, they're back in training and flying off halfway round the world for meaningless pre season kickabouts in the back of beyond. So their break will be minimal again. Some of them will probably get a longer break during the WC, if they're not at it.

I'm not accepting fatigue as an excuse for this. You don't know if/when you'll get to play in these games again. If you want to win these games, then you have to give everything you've got. We had 24 shots in a final, so we gave it everything but it just, as is usually the case in a European Cup Final against Real Madrid, was not quite enough in the end.

As said above, most players have barely played 50 games this year, apart from Alisson who has played every minute of every game since the League Cup Final. He was due a break as well but unlike everyone else, he never got one. The first team playing 63 games in the season, is normal if you want to win everything going, as we should. That's what the most successful sides in our history have managed to do, and that's what the current side has to do atm. It's nothing extraordinary tbh.

It was the first full capacity European final since we won it, and the chaos outside was a bit of a shock because there was no sign of anything wrong during the 2 hour build up outside the stadium on our tv channel. But in many ways, it isn't a shock. Fans are the least of UEFA's considerations for these games. The allocations are pathetic, the policing is always ott, accommodation is limited, while the costs are astronomical. I've been in that stadium before, I've been in that area of the stadium before, I walked in 10 minutes before ko and there was no issue whatsoever. So forcing fans to wait 3 hours lined up against a fence is frankly appalling behaviour, and the cover up has already begun. They can't cope with a bunch of away fans at an average PSG-Marseille game, let alone adequately police a European Cup Final. And the travelling Kop made up of various nationalities, who put up with their treatment with unbelievable restraint, deserve a full apology instead of what they got. Held fully responsible yet again.

The season is done, but that just means that tomorrow's work starts today.

Can't really argue with any of that, to be honest
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #1028: May 31, 2022 03:48:46 am

Unbelievable.  Send to every MP.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1029: May 31, 2022 02:51:11 pm
      What I thought was going to be a great occassion turned out to be the opposite. I will start off with the events surrounding the game. Luckily we were able to get into the stadium before the worst of it but straight away when people started to approach the stadium it was clear something was going to go horribly wrong, but at the time you don't tend to think much more about it, you just hope you're overthinking it and everything will in fact go as it should. But it wasn't the case, the police there were a disgrace, they were walking around with pepper spray or whatever it was they used in their hands from the off, or at least the ones we saw were. There were locals turning up and literally robbing people right in front of the the police and they couldn't have cared less, but yet if there was a group of people walking past them having a good time, enjoying the build up and things they almost gave off a presence as if you should feel threatened. We saw this one group who had a couple of youngsters with them, probably 11/12 years old and one of the coppers that was walking in their direction literally ploughed straight into one of them and beat him clean off his feet, the parents (I assume it was his parents) couldn't believe what had just happened and nor could we. But what do you do when they speak a different language and walking around with pepper spray in their hands. Liverpool fans done nothing wrong, they were behaving themselves, enjoying the occassion and just doing things you'd expect before such a big game. I was in the stadium probably an extra 1.5-2hrs because of it and when we were being told the extent it had gotten to, it didn't shock us at all becasue it was slow enough for us to get in. It's a disgrace that the blame is being put onto Liverpool fans and making us the scapegoat. Dread to think how many people/families suffered because of it. Spraying kids as well, come on, it's a disgrace.

Now in terms of the game, we didn't deserve to lose that, we were the better team and you'd think we were the home team and Madrid away because their fans were sh*te.
      I was convinced that we were going to win the game after the way the first half went but then we were caught out with an attack out of nowhere really. I've seen people saying it was one game too many for us, long season, players running on empty etc and whilst all that's true, we managed over 20 shots to their 3 or 4? We didn't lose this game because we were tired, we lost it because we weren't clinical enough, simple as that. If you don't take your chances then you aren't going to win.

Oh and Camilla Cabello, what a waste of time that was, literally no one cared in the slightest. Could barely even hear her in stands because the crowd was in good voice.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2022 03:00:51 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1030: May 31, 2022 02:59:04 pm
      One positive then not hearing that boot
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1031: May 31, 2022 03:24:51 pm
      What I thought was going to be a great occassion turned out to be the opposite. I will start off with the events surrounding the game. Luckily we were able to get into the stadium before the worst of it but straight away when people started to approach the stadium it was clear something was going to go horribly wrong, but at the time you don't tend to think much more about it, you just hope you're overthinking it and everything will in fact go as it should. But it wasn't the case, the police there were a disgrace, they were walking around with pepper spray or whatever it was they used in their hands from the off, or at least the ones we saw were. There were locals turning up and literally robbing people right in front of the the police and they couldn't have cared less, but yet if there was a group of people walking past them having a good time, enjoying the build up and things they almost gave off a presence as if you should feel threatened. We saw this one group who had a couple of youngsters with them, probably 11/12 years old and one of the coppers that was walking in their direction literally ploughed straight into one of them and beat him clean off his feet, the parents (I assume it was his parents) couldn't believe what had just happened and nor could we. But what do you do when they speak a different language and walking around with pepper spray in their hands. Liverpool fans done nothing wrong, they were behaving themselves, enjoying the occassion and just doing things you'd expect before such a big game. I was in the stadium probably an extra 1.5-2hrs because of it and when we were being told the extent it had gotten to, it didn't shock us at all becasue it was slow enough for us to get in. It's a disgrace that the blame is being put onto Liverpool fans and making us the scapegoat. Dread to think how many people/families suffered because of it. Spraying kids as well, come on, it's a disgrace.

Now in terms of the game, we didn't deserve to lose that, we were the better team and you'd think we were the home team and Madrid away because their fans were sh*te.
      I was convinced that we were going to win the game after the way the first half went but then we were caught out with an attack out of nowhere really. I've seen people saying it was one game too many for us, long season, players running on empty etc and whilst all that's true, we managed over 20 shots to their 3 or 4? We didn't lose this game because we were tired, we lost it because we weren't clinical enough, simple as that. If you don't take your chances then you aren't going to win.

Oh and Camilla Cabello, what a waste of time that was, literally no one cared in the slightest. Could barely even hear her in stands because the crowd was in good voice.
      Your point about being clinical is spot on:
      It's the attribute that defines the sporting greats, they make sure they win when it matters. Tiger sinks a 30 foot putt to win a major...Ronnie O Sullivan pots a barely believable shot ....Redgrave, Hoy,...Usain Bolt...The list go's on. They go into a zone where they won't accept defeat.
      I've said it before the tired argument is lame. All those named above were tired!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1032: May 31, 2022 10:06:34 pm
      So two full days living in a sort of Christopher Nolan Inception World before I could summon up the strength to watch "That" goal again:

Four hours later I take the dog on a walk around the fringes of the golf course.

Me: "What the flying F**k was Trent doing?"
      Dog:....doesn't say anything, picks up a stick and looks at me with genuine pity.
      Me:..."I mean how doesn't he see the ...."
      Dog: (interrupting me mid sentence..spits out the stick) "He's a footballer, not a comic book superhero with total command of time and space"
      Me: "er..."
      Dog: ..."It's not like he's just come out of Harvard with a degree in theoretical physics...he's a left back from West Derby"

20 minutes later were near the 18th tee and politely watch a golfer hit his drive so far and high I'm expecting it to bounce off the International Space Station. Sensing I'd seen this masterly drive the golfer turns to me with a big grin on his grid.
      Golfer: "Evening...nice dog, what's his name?"
      Me: " HER name is Trent"
      Golfer: "You need to get yourself some f**king therapy lad otherwise there'll be men in white coats after you"

You wouldn't expect language like that on a golf course!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1033: Jun 01, 2022 10:38:30 am
      Been so depressed this week. Still absolutely gutted. Had complete media radio silence since.

Devastated but will be back on the horse later in the summer to get behind this incredible team. 
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1034: Jun 08, 2022 12:05:20 pm
      This defeat STILL doing my head in....Mo saying he wished he could play the game again nonsense..He should have been thinking that when he headed that f**king back pass to the goalie for 6 yards out.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?
      Correction:

NOT for 6 yards out....FROM (slightly less than) 6 yards out
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2022 12:18:53 pm by Longy-Shops »

Quick Reply