Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How do we react?

Read 13435 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: How do we react?
      Reply #69: Jun 02, 2022 09:01:22 pm
      Calling someone a donut may be the best insult I've read in awhile. ;D

I’d call him a loaf of bread but there’s something 💫 special 💫 about him.

Donut it is.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #70: Jun 02, 2022 09:53:03 pm
      I also agree to make a monster deal with Bayern: Give them Mané right away for Lewandowski and 10 Mio. Lewandowski is better than Mané because Lewandowski can actually score with headers. That is something we did not explore with our front three since they are too short.

Seriously lad, what the F**k are you on about?

Jota scored more headers than anybody in the League last season - equal with Kane.. And the only people to score more headers than Mane were Jota and Kane. And as a club, we scored more headers than any other side.

So again, what the F**k are you on about?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: Jun 02, 2022 10:07:25 pm
      we have been told we had the best front three in the world with Mo Sadio and Bobby. Bobby has has injuries this season but in three finals we did not score and I am sure Jürgen is more than aware of this .Defensively we are sound and have good cover maybe a wing back but I assume Williams will be back.
      Midfield again looks more than full and adequate the equation now is Mo and Sadio and I dont believe Jürgen will for a moment let loyalty and emotion cloud his judgement and I simply cant believe he will allow either of them play without signing a new contract.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #72: Jun 02, 2022 10:27:04 pm
      we have been told we had the best front three in the world with Mo Sadio and Bobby. Bobby has has injuries this season but in three finals we did not score and I am sure Jürgen is more than aware of this .Defensively we are sound and have good cover maybe a wing back but I assume Williams will be back.
      Midfield again looks more than full and adequate the equation now is Mo and Sadio and I dont believe Jürgen will for a moment let loyalty and emotion cloud his judgement and I simply cant believe he will allow either of them play without signing a new contract.

Lewandowski did at Dortmund
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #73: Jun 02, 2022 11:17:00 pm
      Can I just make a point on this "not scoring in finals" stick that seems to be thrown around lately to beat us with. OK, we didn't score in the finals but we must of F***ing scored a fair few to get to the finals in the first place as well as scoring over 90 goals in the League and having the top scorer in the League (again!)

So we didn't make a breakthrough in three games that just happened to be finals. It doesn't mean our front three are suddenly F***ing useless and need binning off. Mendy made a good few saves in both the League Cup and FA Cup finals. We also had a perfectly good goal by Joel Matip ruled out in the League Cup. And Courtois was man of the match in the European Cup final.

OK we didn't score in the finals. We scored more goals last season than we have in any other season in our history. We failed to score in six games out of 63 last season and three of those games just happened to be finals. But failing to score in just a tenth of games is no reason to panic.

So forgive me if I'm not screaming from the rooftops for wholesale changes just because we didn't score in three finals - especially when we still won two of them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Jun 02, 2022 11:33:03 pm
      the finals and the lack of goals coincided with Mo's poor return since Jan. we did however get to three finals winning two and if we had scored just 3 more goals last season 1 against SPurs and 2 against RM the story would have a different ending. Nobody is calling for wholesale changes but its very likely we will have them forced upon us better accept the future and start dealing with it which I would put money on Jürgen and his team are already dealing with and have been for sometime now. The fact we did so well since January without Mo at his prolific best shows the quality is already there with Bobby, Diaz and Diogo. I would love Mo and Sadio to sign on again but the odds seem heavily against this happening
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #75: Jun 03, 2022 01:03:45 am
      So again, what the f**k are you on about?

Let it make me simple for you: Jota = 178cm, Lewandowski = 185cm. Get it? Jota scores headers as he goes along, but those crosses are not tailor-made for him. Lewandowski would be a striker like Crouch (just with better ball skills) where you can start to use crosses methodically. That is why I'd like to have Lewandowski or Lukaku (to a lesser extent) that can force it thru the middle while still being able to play ball, i.e. pass to other players, secure the ball, press for the ball etc. If you have small forwards you basically take away one dimension of attack and that is making life easier for your opponent.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #76: Jun 03, 2022 03:30:55 am
      I'd like an old fashioned target man, a true number 9. Personnel are leaving or trying to force demands even in their decline, sack all this goal scoring winger lark off, let them get their goals too, cool, if there isn't a pure target man in the box for headers then all these crosses are wasted unless tall defenders are up there.
       I'd also like a midfielder who can score goals too 10+ a season.
       Don't know if there is a template and that's what it's going to be until Klopp leaves or if he will change the way we play or can play with the addition of at least a big striker, Origi needs replacing and he has done wonders in his own way in great games but never fulfilled the consistency you'd want from a true striker.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #77: Jun 03, 2022 06:39:35 am
      Still think he's a dickhead blue on a wind up.

Nah his forum name is the first 7 numbers of the Fibonacci sequence.
      There’s no BS that clever 😂

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #78: Jun 03, 2022 08:43:19 am
      Looks like big changes for Liverpool with Salah Mane Origi Gomes Minamino all looking to leave Ketia out of contract who will replace them. Looking very interesting as to what will happen
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2022 08:54:10 am by tezmac »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #79: Jun 03, 2022 09:21:32 am
      Let it make me simple for you: Jota = 178cm, Lewandowski = 185cm. Get it? Jota scores headers as he goes along, but those crosses are not tailor-made for him. Lewandowski would be a striker like Crouch (just with better ball skills) where you can start to use crosses methodically. That is why I'd like to have Lewandowski or Lukaku (to a lesser extent) that can force it thru the middle while still being able to play ball, i.e. pass to other players, secure the ball, press for the ball etc. If you have small forwards you basically take away one dimension of attack and that is making life easier for your opponent.

I remember Crouch being only an average header but he scored some lovely volleys and was much better with his feet than most people realise.

You are stereotyping
      Big man = good in air.
      Little man = not good.

A lot of our players, especially Trent, can pick out Joto, who is very good at scoring headers.

Sometimes when good teams (RM, Spurs and Chelsea) sit back and have a lot of good defenders in their penalty area we struggle to score goals. Another no9 who is good at heading might help but it's not the easy solution to the problem.
      Origi is taller than Joto and I like him a lot but he's not as good at heading, in my opinion.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2022 09:43:44 am by gazred »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #80: Jun 03, 2022 10:54:28 am
      I remember Crouch being only an average header but he scored some lovely volleys and was much better with his feet than most people realise.

You are stereotyping
      Big man = good in air.
      Little man = not good.

A lot of our players, especially Trent, can pick out Joto, who is very good at scoring headers.

Sometimes when good teams (RM, Spurs and Chelsea) sit back and have a lot of good defenders in their penalty area we struggle to score goals. Another no9 who is good at heading might help but it's not the easy solution to the problem.
      Origi is taller than Joto and I like him a lot but he's not as good at heading, in my opinion.
      Deep crosses into the box cost us against spurs and Madrid with no Liverpool player tall enough to compete. It's not our normal pattern of play, but we get sucked into it out of frustration. There are some players who just exclusively score goals, Lineker, Shearer, Aldridge, Owen. They didn't, or were not expected to do much else other than find the net. Jota may kick on to join the list...Fowler was the master of it.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #81: Jun 03, 2022 11:20:25 am

Getting the words in the right F***ing order would make it a lot simpler.

Jota = 178cm, Lewandowski = 185cm. Get it?

Yes I get that Lewadowski is taller than Jota. I don't get how that equates to your original point which was we can't score headers because our front three are too short - even though last season Jota scored more headers than anyone in the League and Mane was one of a number of players in second place.

Jota scores headers as he goes along,

He does. He scores more than anyone in the League in fact. So heading goals isn't really a problem for the club who scored more headers than anyone else last season is it?

but those crosses are not tailor-made for him.

And if that is the case, then it proves how good in the air Jota actually is because he can score when he's not really supposed to.

Lewandowski would be a striker like Crouch (just with better ball skills) where you can start to use crosses methodically.

Once again, seeing as how we scored more headers than anyone last year - our crossing seems to be being used more than adequately as it is. And when you end the campaign with the top three assist makers (Salah 13, Trent 12, Robbo 10) in your side, it seems a bit daft to make statements like the one you did.

That is why I'd like to have Lewandowski

As I'm sure many would because he's a world class footballer.

F**k off lad. It's too early in the day for these sort of jokes.

that can force it thru the middle while still being able to play ball, i.e. pass to other players, secure the ball, press for the ball etc.

And that's Lukaku is it? Two reasons he doesn't get a game at Chelsea is because everything that goes up to him just bounces off him (watch the FA Cup final as a prime example) and because he doesn't F***ing press. He's a big tub of lard who looked good in sh*t West Brom and Everton sides but fails at clubs like United and Chelsea. And since we're twice the size of either United or Chelsea, he'll fall flat on his face here as well.

And for the record, Lukaku scored two headers last year in the League. Half the amount, Jota scored.

As for playing it through the middle, we're more than capable of doing that as it is. We tend to get the ball out wide because of the crossing prowess of our two full backs but if need be, we can become more central driven and work our way through. Check out the 4-0 twatting of United as a prime example where our centre forward (too short Sadio) was at the heart of everything.

If you have small forwards you basically take away one dimension of attack and that is making life easier for your opponent.

I don't think any opponent thinks they have it easy against us with the three dwarfs up front. And as all our forwards have proved down the years, we can still go long to them and they'll make something to happen. Or we can play it to feet and they'll make something happen. Or we can build up patiently and they'll make something happen. We're not struggling with our dimensions of attack right now.

Now we may sign Lewadowski to give us a different option. He's not the same type of centre forward as Mane, Jota or Bobby. And if we do sign him, then great. It's another quality player on our books. But that wouldn't change the fact that you're talking absolute bollocks.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2022 11:27:06 am by dunlop liddell shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #82: Jun 03, 2022 02:47:53 pm
      It does, but whats the point? To jerk off to LFC‘s bank account? City has ambitious owners that want what fans should want: silverware and glory. We don‘t. If we didn‘t get a our Messias (Jürgen), we‘d be still fighting for CL spots behind City, Chelsea and probably Tottenham. We waste such a potential.

Go and support City then you F***ing freak!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: Jun 03, 2022 03:04:47 pm
      if we take away all the noise and hoo haa around Mo and Sadio I am certain we will react well either by signing new players or finding a way to keep Mo and Sadio which I believe we all would prefer.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #84: Jun 03, 2022 04:18:16 pm
      Go and support City then you F***ing freak!!

He thinks lukaku is the answer
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #85: Jun 03, 2022 05:04:05 pm
      Nah his forum name is the first 7 numbers of the Fibonacci sequence.
      There’s no BS that clever 😂

I was told there would be no math required......
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #86: Jun 03, 2022 11:59:30 pm
      Quote from -LFC-
      We dominated for most of the game with better possession, better chances and more dangerous openings but the goalie played an absolute blinder and we were caught momentarily off guard. They nicked a goal and sat on their lead - as was always their plan. Pragmatic but wouldn't call it tactical brilliance. If we are at full strength it's pretty much the only way a team like Real can set up against us to avoid getting torn apart.

We could have played them at their own game arguably and drawn them out when we realised they were trying to constrict the play but this is not much in our nature. If we play them 10 times with our usual approach we probably win 7 or 8 of them but when they are succeeding in making it tight the odds of us getting done on the counter increase with every passing minute and with everything we know about this Real team I think it's something we should have been more alert to as the game wore on. A slightly modified and more counter attacking approach at that stage of the game might have served us better than going in all guns blazing.

We've played Real 6 times in the past 8 years, 4 in the past 4 years, with a win rate of 0%.

Real now have an Italian in charge, and all he ever wants to do is nick a one goal win. That's what Real have done in every knockout round, win by a goal and it's job done. It will stay that way until someone finds a way to avoid it.

It's odd that after 2 finals won, the lack of goals in normal time was not an issue, but it is a major issue when we didn't win 3 of them. We won the most amount of games in our history, and have the highest win rate. We scored more goals than in any other season. We lost a game in Europe, it happens. It doesn't mean we overreact or require radical surgery. We just try again next year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #87: Jun 04, 2022 03:37:42 am
      Getting the words in the right f**king order would make it a lot simpler.

Yes I get that Lewadowski is taller than Jota. I don't get how that equates to your original point which was we can't score headers because our front three are too short - even though last season Jota scored more headers than anyone in the League and Mane was one of a number of players in second place.

He does. He scores more than anyone in the League in fact. So heading goals isn't really a problem for the club who scored more headers than anyone else last season is it?

And if that is the case, then it proves how good in the air Jota actually is because he can score when he's not really supposed to.

Once again, seeing as how we scored more headers than anyone last year - our crossing seems to be being used more than adequately as it is. And when you end the campaign with the top three assist makers (Salah 13, Trent 12, Robbo 10) in your side, it seems a bit daft to make statements like the one you did.

As I'm sure many would because he's a world class footballer.

F**k off lad. It's too early in the day for these sort of jokes.

And that's Lukaku is it? Two reasons he doesn't get a game at Chelsea is because everything that goes up to him just bounces off him (watch the FA Cup final as a prime example) and because he doesn't f**king press. He's a big tub of lard who looked good in sh*t West Brom and Everton sides but fails at clubs like United and Chelsea. And since we're twice the size of either United or Chelsea, he'll fall flat on his face here as well.

And for the record, Lukaku scored two headers last year in the League. Half the amount, Jota scored.

As for playing it through the middle, we're more than capable of doing that as it is. We tend to get the ball out wide because of the crossing prowess of our two full backs but if need be, we can become more central driven and work our way through. Check out the 4-0 twatting of United as a prime example where our centre forward (too short Sadio) was at the heart of everything.

I don't think any opponent thinks they have it easy against us with the three dwarfs up front. And as all our forwards have proved down the years, we can still go long to them and they'll make something to happen. Or we can play it to feet and they'll make something happen. Or we can build up patiently and they'll make something happen. We're not struggling with our dimensions of attack right now.

Now we may sign Lewadowski to give us a different option. He's not the same type of centre forward as Mane, Jota or Bobby. And if we do sign him, then great. It's another quality player on our books. But that wouldn't change the fact that you're talking absolute bollocks.

His comments remind of English comms during Klopp season 1, saying how Klopp needed to bench Firmino or whomever so that Benteke could get to the center and score goals from crosses. Apparently not everybody has been watching the matches since then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #88: Jun 04, 2022 11:33:43 am

Sums the F***ing tit up right there!!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #89: Jun 04, 2022 02:56:37 pm

...to a lesser extent as I wrote! I am fully aware of Lukaku's flaws. My point is: we need someone right in the middle that can force things. As of now we try to play things out, but it would be nice to have - in addition! - a more "violent" option too. I'd even be willing to see if one could transform Konate into a striker, what a gem and box breaker could he be! But all this is probably wishful thinking. Lewandowski is 34 at which most players fall apart and it would change our pressing because Lewandowski could not press like a 25y. or 30y. old.

As of now I hope that Carvalho and Elliott hit, that'd be enough to compete for PL, CL, FA and this other redundant silly little training cup invented to give bench players game time. I think we are still looking very fine, we are even deep enough. We just lost the PL by one point while City was on the brink of elimination and a CL Final in which we did better than our opponent. We are good. But one more gem can not harm, maybe Bellingham, maybe Bowen?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #90: Jun 04, 2022 03:30:21 pm
      Felt a bit downbeat today came in here saw the name ,lukaku and smiled Thas got to be a joke surely ,
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #91: Jun 04, 2022 03:59:48 pm
      ...to a lesser extent as I wrote! I am fully aware of Lukaku's flaws. My point is: we need someone right in the middle that can force things. As of now we try to play things out, but it would be nice to have - in addition! - a more "violent" option too. I'd even be willing to see if one could transform Konate into a striker, what a gem and box breaker could he be! But all this is probably wishful thinking. Lewandowski is 34 at which most players fall apart and it would change our pressing because Lewandowski could not press like a 25y. or 30y. old.

As of now I hope that Carvalho and Elliott hit, that'd be enough to compete for PL, CL, FA and this other redundant silly little training cup invented to give bench players game time. I think we are still looking very fine, we are even deep enough. We just lost the PL by one point while City was on the brink of elimination and a CL Final in which we did better than our opponent. We are good. But one more gem can not harm, maybe Bellingham, maybe Bowen?

Mate, mate, just f***in stop, don’t you realise how much sh*te you are spouting, your posts on any topic are questionable at best, but to come out with how we should sign Lukaku was cringe worthy and had me shaking my head in disbelief, but then you come out with that nugget, ‘We could turn Konate into a striker’

have you got a brain fella, cos your coming across as if you were Knitted, or cultured in a Petri dish, no one and I mean no one can be as dense as you appear to be, I’m sorry, but most who come on here including myself will have at least a modicum of sense, no offence to anyone who hasn’t, including you,

So glad it’s close season, I can’t be reading sh*te like this until August, May as well get fitted for a f***in straight jacket, cos I’ll be going f***in mental if this is the sort of sh*te being posted.

UN - Fuckinbelievable Jeff, oh it’s not Jeff anymore is it ??

Konate as striker?  yeah right, put Mo in goal at the same time huh !!   f***in EEJIT !!!

Quick Reply