Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How do we react?

Read 13427 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: How do we react?
      Reply #92: Jun 04, 2022 04:04:27 pm

have you got a brain fella, cos your coming across as if you were Knitted, or cultured in a Petri dish,

:lmao: Konate striker, defo on a wind up that one
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #93: Jun 04, 2022 04:43:33 pm

So glad it’s close season, I can’t be reading sh*te like this until August, May as well get fitted for a f***in straight jacket, cos I’ll be going f***in mental if this is the sort of sh*te being posted.

UN - Fuckinbelievable Jeff, oh it’s not Jeff anymore is it ??

Konate as striker?  yeah right, put Mo in goal at the same time huh !!   f***in EEJIT !!!

Your rants don’t half make me laugh Billy.  ;D They always make good reading with your sense of humour  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #94: Jun 04, 2022 05:30:06 pm
      Watch for Kaide Gordon in this coming season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #95: Jun 04, 2022 05:35:26 pm
      Your rants don’t half make me laugh Billy.  ;D They always make good reading with your sense of humour  :lmao:

he has plenty of material these days mate.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #96: Jun 04, 2022 09:40:41 pm

Konate as striker?  yeah right, put Mo in goal at the same time huh !!   f***in EEJIT !!!

You cannot compare it. Mo is too small for a goalkeeper and it takes years to learn because it is very different to play. But defending and attacking are closer. I do not see a reason why Konate or VVD could not learn to be strikers within one season. Of course their ball handling and quickness would not be top class, but I'd make them to be center forwards anyway who mainly'd go for headers from crosses of Robbo and Trent. I want someone in the middle that can destroy defenses by pure will like Jan Koller (retired) or Lukaku or Lewandoski or some bulked up Crouch kind of dude. This is why I do not mind to see a Lewandowski+10 Mio./Mané trade. This last statement is my whole point in a nutshell.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #97: Jun 04, 2022 09:50:55 pm
      he has plenty of material these days mate.

Never in doubt that mate and very colourful too.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #98: Jun 04, 2022 09:52:54 pm
      You cannot compare it. Mo is too small for a goalkeeper and it takes years to learn because it is very different to play. But defending and attacking are closer. I do not see a reason why Konate or VVD could not learn to be strikers within one season. Of course their ball handling and quickness would not be top class, but I'd make them to be center forwards anyway who mainly'd go for headers from crosses of Robbo and Trent. I want someone in the middle that can destroy defenses by pure will like Jan Koller (retired) or Lukaku or Lewandoski or some bulked up Crouch kind of dude. This is why I do not mind to see a Lewandowski+10 Mio./Mané trade. This last statement is my whole point in a nutshell.

Don’t you know when someone was taking the p!ss  out of your post.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #99: Jun 04, 2022 10:38:31 pm

I am starting to believe Aliens do exist I can't explain some of his posts otherwise
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #100: Jun 04, 2022 10:39:26 pm
      With a capital Pee!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #101: Jun 04, 2022 10:41:07 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #102: Jun 05, 2022 01:54:48 am
      ...to a lesser extent as I wrote!

To no F***ing extent is Lukaku the answer to any "problems" we may have.

I am fully aware of Lukaku's flaws.

Clearly not fully because you still think he's the answer to us...to a lesser extent.

My point is: we need someone right in the middle that can force things. As of now we try to play things out, but it would be nice to have - in addition! - a more "violent" option too.

Violent? Fucks sake, let's get Big Dunc in while we're at it la.

'd even be willing to see if one could transform Konate into a striker, what a gem and box breaker could he be!

F***ing hell la. I thought Lukaku was taking the piss but now you want to turn our centre half into a centre forward. I'm all for players learning new positions, we've done it to a great level of success in the past - none more than the late great Ray Kennedy who we changed from a centre forward to a left sided midfielder. But the difference between centre half to centre forward is a lot more to ask.

As for what a gem he could be - he's already a F***ing gem as a centre half.

But all this is probably wishful thinking. Lewandowski is 34 at which most players fall apart and it would change our pressing because Lewandowski could not press like a 25y. or 30y. old.

And yet originally you said Lewadowski or Lukaku (to a lesser extent) were the answers to Mane and Jota not scoring enough headers.

As of now I hope that Carvalho and Elliott hit, that'd be enough to compete for PL, CL, FA and this other redundant silly little training cup invented to give bench players game time.

I guess you mean the League Cup with that comment. Let me tell you right now, the League Cup was not invented for bench players. It was considered a major honour for many years and it's because of tits like you why it's lost it's prestige. As I've said many time on this forum, the League Cup was worthy of Bob Paisley going to pick it up in his final year as our manager. It also brought tears to the eyes of the King when we won it in 2012. And even Jürgen said it meant as much to him as winning the Champions League did.

But it you'd rather slag it off and belittle it then go ahead. But when somebody who thinks Lukaku is the answer to our problems, then don't be surprised if people don't agree with your opinion on the League Cup either.

I think we are still looking very fine, we are even deep enough. We just lost the PL by one point while City was on the brink of elimination and a CL Final in which we did better than our opponent. We are good.

Too good for shits like Lukaku - wouldn't you agree?

But one more gem can not harm, maybe Bellingham, maybe Bowen?

So now the gem has turned into a central midfielder and/or a winger. Funnily enough, neither Lewadowski or Lukaku would be suited to either role - no matter how much you think Konate would make for a belting centre forward.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #103: Jun 05, 2022 09:59:04 am

HELP !! Phone the police there’s a f***in nutter on the loose, we’re not safe, anybody please !!

F**k me fella, I didn’t think you could do it but you have, ‘Congratulations’ you have excelled yourself, I honestly didn’t think you could have come out with anything more Stupid,

Mo isn’t too small for a goalie, in fact I think he could excel, haven’t you noticed how ripped he is, and you won’t believe how flexible he is either, he’d be great in goal, oh and just think of all those goals someone else, Konate perhaps, now has to score as Mo does his Lev Yashin impression, Lev Yashin was a cosmonaut, he had plenty of space to dive into, also,

And now you have opened a right can of Nuns, Jürgen going with a 4-4-2 not so sure about that, but it could work Yanno’s, we could try it V Citeh in the charity bollocks game, here’s how we could line up………….

Mo
                                                         Trent   Matip   Gomez   Robbo
                                                                         Fabinho
                                                        Rebel Wilson.           AMRAAM*
                                                                         Thiago
                                                                Virgil.           Konate

You said you wanted a powerful midfield, one that can destroy defences at will, so I’ve taken the liberty to sign Rebel Wilson, cos she’ll destroy any man who comes near her, and our first Asian player AMRAAM, which means….Advanced medium range Air to Air missile,I think you will find AMRAAM is very very good at destroying defences,

Gonna stop now cos the men in white coats have turned up, no not for you my little mental friend, their for me, and my voluntary check in to my local asylum, where I’ll be taught how to peel grapes & lick windows.

Bon Voyage!!

..Oi get off me, please don’t pull those restraints too tight….Aarrgghhhhhh !!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #104: Jun 05, 2022 12:27:04 pm
       :lmao: :lmao:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #105: Jun 05, 2022 12:41:10 pm
      Despite all the hilarity there will be changes. Carvelho in, possibility of losing Mane. Origi and The Ox will probably go. The front 6 will need at least 2 more additions. Quality attacking midfielder, potential 8-10 goals.  A top goal scoring potential 20 goals+ striker. Standing still with the front 6 is not an option.

Defense doesn't really need any money spent. If we lose Joe Gomez, hope we don't, he will have to be replaced. Apart from that what we have is good enough.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #106: Jun 05, 2022 12:49:30 pm
      Pretty calm about this summer, I trust the people in charge. Players come and go, but with Jürgen in charge. I'm sure Michael edwards/Julian ward have got this summer sorted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #107: Jun 05, 2022 01:45:12 pm
      ...to a lesser extent as I wrote! I am fully aware of Lukaku's flaws. My point is: we need someone right in the middle that can force things. As of now we try to play things out, but it would be nice to have - in addition! - a more "violent" option too. I'd even be willing to see if one could transform Konate into a striker, what a gem and box breaker could he be! But all this is probably wishful thinking. Lewandowski is 34 at which most players fall apart and it would change our pressing because Lewandowski could not press like a 25y. or 30y. old.

As of now I hope that Carvalho and Elliott hit, that'd be enough to compete for PL, CL, FA and this other redundant silly little training cup invented to give bench players game time. I think we are still looking very fine, we are even deep enough. We just lost the PL by one point while City was on the brink of elimination and a CL Final in which we did better than our opponent. We are good. But one more gem can not harm, maybe Bellingham, maybe Bowen?

More brainless sh*t

Come on then you stupid tw*t where you from lad?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #108: Jun 05, 2022 04:00:00 pm
      As the resident Manc Keith,what's your opinion of Pogba I see tall tales of phone calls and chat with Jürgen,

On a broader scale the following are some of the back pages  choices  supposedly Liverpool bound interested waiting on ,circumstances to become clearer at a later date etc etc its some list some have been discarded already  .

Lewandowski,Mbappe,Kane,  Tchouameni, Ousmane Dembele, Raphinha, Kalvin Phillips ,Arnaut Danjuma, Erikson  ,Ibrahim Sangare,
      Mason Mount ,Darwin Nunez, Christian Pulisic,Paul Pogba ,Bellingham, Martinelli even Tammy gets a mention add a couple of Italians and a wonder kid from South America and the jobs a good un  ,all are mentioned as possibles admired etc etc  we have talked, Jürgen has done this Jürgen has done that,

Ever since the Virgil fiasco and all that chat I love how Liverpool say zip till its done all the backpage stuff like the names above are mere speculation  sure out of the above players  mentioned all would raise the standard and a the pulses if they signed cost a few quid into the bargain  , who knows what the future brings .

For me ,its what Jürgen brings out of them, many if not all would improve to the extent you would wonder if it's the same player, none more so  than Paul Pogba is he a bargain  ,if and it's a big if someone screwed his head on and sorted the sh*t thats between his ears out I think he could be revelation ,went from pillar to post more interested in his latest trim and the rest of the baggage that goes with him  his career is passing away he`s playing at being a footballers ,seems to give the impression of not caring a jot ,could Jürgen turn him around ,could Jürgen succeed where others have failed , is Pogba worth the bother, would he be welcomed,he certainly has the what it takes on the pitch but you only see glimpses  does he have the nads for the challenge, you know Jürgen likes a challenge is Pogba worth the effort that is the question ,the fact nobody seems to get the best out of him ,where as Jurgens track record in that department is second to none ,is he worth a punt or not.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #109: Jun 05, 2022 04:23:09 pm
      More brainless sh*t

Come on then you stupid tw*t where you from lad?

OZ, be kind mate its rude to mock the afflicted. The WWW is full of the most weird people some of them call themselves Liverpool supporters lets leave it at that
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #110: Jun 05, 2022 08:51:34 pm
      For me we are in exactly the same position as after we lost on out the league by a point in 2019, OK we'd won the European Cup final but the fact that we've lost it this time has no bearing on our league title challenge for next season.
      Basically we have to do what we did in 2019/20 season start the league on fire and lead from day one, I firmly believe if we get infront we can stay there I mean we have to if we want to beat the might of City. We've shown incredible consistency since January but we can't be clawing back 14 point deficits again.
      We have a bit more uncertainty regarding our squad and the World Cup might be a distraction for clubs but we'll be ready to go come August and our team will be ready and settled.
      We've had a great season We've got every reason to be optimistic I can't wait to get going again, one thing is for sure We've been bloody unlucky to twice top 90 points and not win it but bring it on COYRM
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #111: Jun 05, 2022 09:20:58 pm

I have no idea what you're smoking but it's clearly not good stuff. Konate and VVD as strikers? Absolutely bonkers! The only people who would get excited over that would be your Allardyce's and Pulis's - ie cu*ts
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #112: Jun 05, 2022 11:23:09 pm
      Who was that defender we had on loan for 6 months? A few seasons ago, probably pre-Klopp. I think his only appearances were as a striker in a few games in last 10 mins.

Maybe that's the inspiration for this nonsense.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2022 11:47:45 pm by gazred »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #113: Jun 05, 2022 11:58:38 pm
      Well I've had a right good laugh at some of the posts on here from the last couple of days, Billythered, you've had me in tears of laughter  ;D

All I can say is 0112358 - I'd quit now mate before it's too late, absolutely hilarious behaviour  :lmao:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #114: Jun 06, 2022 12:01:06 am
      Who was that defender we had on loan for 6 months? A few seasons ago, probably pre-Klopp. I think his only appearances were as a striker in a few games in last 10 mins.

Maybe that's the inspiration for this nonsense.

Caulker?

Quick Reply