Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final

Read 28454 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      Reply #46: May 31, 2022 09:30:04 pm
      It was decided to have an "independent" enquiry after French police, French politicians and UEFA held a meeting and thought it the best thing to do. Marking your own essays as usual. They'll pick someone who looks good on paper, but can be easily pressured.

One thing to notice that some have missed is that the stadium is outside of Paris and in a district aflame with poverty and it's close cousin, violence and crime.

I can't remember who, but some media commentator made the observation that we wouldn't have had to wait 30 years if we had Twitter back then. Hillsborough happened live yet video evidence was "lost" Even with this knowledge so well and widely accepted oppo fans are so quick to accuse us of being "victims" and so eager to accept the official view of the CL final. It's changing now as all the evidence emerges, but it shows the harm innate and thought bypassing prejudice does. "Dippers" is not f**king banter. Cu*ts.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #47: May 31, 2022 09:42:02 pm
      It was decided to have an "independent" enquiry after French police, French politicians and UEFA held a meeting and thought it the best thing to do. Marking your own essays as usual. They'll pick someone who looks good on paper, but can be easily pressured.

One thing to notice that some have missed is that the stadium is outside of Paris and in a district aflame with poverty and it's close cousin, violence and crime.

I can't remember who, but some media commentator made the observation that we wouldn't have had to wait 30 years if we had Twitter back then. Hillsborough happened live yet video evidence was "lost" Even with this knowledge so well and widely accepted oppo fans are so quick to accuse us of being "victims" and so eager to accept the official view of the CL final. It's changing now as all the evidence emerges, but it shows the harm innate and thought bypassing prejudice does. "Dippers" is not f**king banter. Cu*ts.

The anti scouse sentiment is getting stronger the more successful we are becoming.

It's actually a little unsettling how quickly folk you believe should know better just accept what they are told.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #48: Jun 01, 2022 01:04:33 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBMoTEmJNRA

Now the frogs are blaming Klopp too, oh just F**k off already..

Then why the hell you set up a Fanzone 10 km away with huge TVs??

Saint Denis is a shithole , Thierry Henry actually said just about the same. It's dangerous area.   

Yankee Stadium here in the Bronx is in one of the worst neighborhoods in NYC.  Yet rarely any problems with fans and locals.  because there are 4-8 police on every street corner during games. Now go there on a non baseball night and you take your life in your own hands. Literally.  Bad area.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Jun 01, 2022 08:13:30 am
      My wife and son visited as part of a class trip a few years back. She told me I should see Paris at least once but she was glad when they left and headed back out into the countryside. I have only ever been inside of France once, on a layover on the way to Kiev in 2008. So my experience was purely limited to the airport and even then I found the authorities to be very cold, bordering on rude.

Hopefully with my daughter speaking french that will help. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: Jun 01, 2022 08:14:27 am
      Why were people pepper sprayed for waitng in a queue,not causing any probs to the police at all

Ive seen videos of them pepper spraying folk on the other side of a big metal fence. WTF
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #51: Jun 01, 2022 09:27:29 am
      surely this is a criminal assault to attack people without any crime being committed. They didnt tell them to move they just sprayed them I would like to see a collective of the people affected get together and take UEFA to Court and take them for Ā£millions.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #52: Jun 01, 2022 10:02:00 am
      Don't know if this has been posted but i think we all need to see these videos, F***ing disgusting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjv3LdatXVI

And also this by Thogden - also note the comment from Thierry Henry in the next video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMNLYDNQHU

The MSM needs to be taken down for defamation, we know they hate us but this has crossed the line! I am sick of the evil vitriol now, time for change!

Again, apologies if this has already been posted, posting in anger right now s no time to read through thread!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #53: Jun 01, 2022 10:04:18 am
      It is times like this when i am glad i don't own a gun, trust me. People in the media should not be allowed to spread lies about our fans! I assure you, the MSM is trying their best to paint us as hooligans! This stops now!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #54: Jun 01, 2022 10:08:19 am
      P.S. Thanks to Paul Watson and Thogden for pushing the actual truth out there. Good to see there are actual real journalists still reporting. Reporting on events with actual evidence.

I haven't seen an actual MSM report with any African or Middle Eastern immigrants robbing Liverpool supporters! I wonder why that is?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #55: Jun 01, 2022 10:10:01 am
      surely this is a criminal assault to attack people without any crime being committed. They didnt tell them to move they just sprayed them I would like to see a collective of the people affected get together and take UEFA to Court and take them for Ā£millions.

Walton, watch the videos i just posted sir. It is F***ing disgusting! There are legal valid grounds to sue the French authorities. Even Marine La Pen is sticking up for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #56: Jun 01, 2022 08:41:48 pm
      Why were people pepper sprayed for waitng in a queue,not causing any probs to the police at all

My guess is cos their Gendarmarie are F***ing horrible tw*ts and have only one way of policing footy matches.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #57: Jun 01, 2022 08:46:59 pm

The MSM needs to be taken down for defamation, we know they hate us but this has crossed the line! I am sick of the evil vitriol now, time for change!

Again, apologies if this has already been posted, posting in anger right now s no time to read through thread!

It's been the majority of the MSM that have gone into bat for us. That Kaveh Solhekol from SSN reporting of the event was absolutely spot on.

Even Marine La Pen is sticking up for us.

And we all F***ing know why that is!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #58: Jun 01, 2022 08:48:40 pm
      P.S. Thanks to Paul Watson and Thogden for pushing the actual truth out there. Good to see there are actual real journalists still reporting. Reporting on events with actual evidence.

I haven't seen an actual MSM report with any African or Middle Eastern immigrants robbing Liverpool supporters! I wonder why that is?

That Paul Watson can F**k right off. He's a F***ing gobs***e just after viewers. One repulsive piece of sh*t and only doing it to have a dig at the French.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #59: Jun 01, 2022 08:52:47 pm
      It is times like this when i am glad i don't own a gun, trust me. People in the media should not be allowed to spread lies about our fans! I assure you, the MSM is trying their best to paint us as hooligans! This stops now!

No they're F***ing not you tit.

Those two F***ing French ministers in France are to cover their own F***ing arses.

Luckily, that mainstream media you seem intent on banging on the tinfoil hat conspiracy sh*t have been taking apart their claims.

One lad is a journalist from Liverpool who works for the Metro. In fact all the reporting by the British media have pretty much all been saying the same "we're not to blame"
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #60: Jun 01, 2022 08:59:34 pm
      That Paul Watson can f**k right off. He's a f**king gobs***e just after viewers. One repulsive piece of sh*t and only doing it to have a dig at the French.

He's a far right racist bag of sh*te, and I've seen twenty seconds of him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #61: Jun 01, 2022 09:00:21 pm
      Tom Werner's Letter to that French arsehole minister:

Dear Minister,

I am writing to you today out of utter disbelief that a Minister of the French Government, a position of enormous responsibility and influence, could make a series of unproven pronouncements on a matter of such significance before a proper, formal, independent investigation process has even taken place.

The events that occurred in and around the Stade de France on Saturday night at the UEFA Champions League Final were not only incredibly dangerous for all who attended, but raised serious questions about the organization and operation of the event. This should be the focus of all interested parties today rather than pursuing a blame game strategy via press conference.

I have received countless emails from Liverpool supporters who were frightened to death, and subject to police harassment, pepper spray and tear gas. Moreover, the situation was no better at the end of the evening than at the beginning, with many fans robbed, and attacked by gangs.

It was clear that fans were forced to go through a gauntlet, spending more than 2 hours in queues. One person said they were ā€œtrapped against the gates, nobody was moving, and nobody on the other side of the gates was communicating at all.ā€ These fans were treated like cattle.

How can loose data and unverified assertions presented this morning be anywhere near factual without a truly independent and transparent investigation with the right stakeholders including our supporters, our club and others taking place. Worse still, these assertions undermine the pursuit of truth and transparency which should underpin the motivations of any organization or individual with a desire to ensure such unacceptable scenes are never repeated.

The fact that your public position went against this objective is a concern in itself. That you did so without any recourse to ourselves or our supporters is an even greater one. All voices should count in this process, and they should count equally and fairly.

As a Club, it was already our strong feeling that any investigation should be impartial, independent, and transparent. This view has only intensified as a direct result of your public comments and the impact they have had on a narrative which runs contrary to the experiences of many. Your comments were irresponsible, unprofessional, and wholly disrespectful to the thousands of fans harmed physically and emotionally.

UEFA Champions League Final should be one of the finest spectacles in world sport, and instead it devolved into one of the worst security collapses in recent memory. On behalf of all the fans who experienced this nightmare I demand an apology from you, and assurance that the French Authorities and UEFA allow an independent and transparent investigation to proceed.

Regards,

Tom Werner

Chairman
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Jun 01, 2022 10:33:36 pm

F**k me, I see your head has gone further up your arse over the years.

Thankfully the media has had our backs for the most part. The French government have been called out by many, both local and abroad.

Most of the reporting Iā€™ve seen in the aftermath is exactly how I saw it on the day, or experiences of others who were there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #63: Jun 01, 2022 10:46:13 pm
      Tom Werner's Letter to that French arsehole minister:

Dear Minister,

I am writing to you today out of utter disbelief that a Minister of the French Government, a position of enormous responsibility and influence, could make a series of unproven pronouncements on a matter of such significance before a proper, formal, independent investigation process has even taken place.

The events that occurred in and around the Stade de France on Saturday night at the UEFA Champions League Final were not only incredibly dangerous for all who attended, but raised serious questions about the organization and operation of the event. This should be the focus of all interested parties today rather than pursuing a blame game strategy via press conference.

I have received countless emails from Liverpool supporters who were frightened to death, and subject to police harassment, pepper spray and tear gas. Moreover, the situation was no better at the end of the evening than at the beginning, with many fans robbed, and attacked by gangs.

It was clear that fans were forced to go through a gauntlet, spending more than 2 hours in queues. One person said they were ā€œtrapped against the gates, nobody was moving, and nobody on the other side of the gates was communicating at all.ā€ These fans were treated like cattle.

How can loose data and unverified assertions presented this morning be anywhere near factual without a truly independent and transparent investigation with the right stakeholders including our supporters, our club and others taking place. Worse still, these assertions undermine the pursuit of truth and transparency which should underpin the motivations of any organization or individual with a desire to ensure such unacceptable scenes are never repeated.

The fact that your public position went against this objective is a concern in itself. That you did so without any recourse to ourselves or our supporters is an even greater one. All voices should count in this process, and they should count equally and fairly.

As a Club, it was already our strong feeling that any investigation should be impartial, independent, and transparent. This view has only intensified as a direct result of your public comments and the impact they have had on a narrative which runs contrary to the experiences of many. Your comments were irresponsible, unprofessional, and wholly disrespectful to the thousands of fans harmed physically and emotionally.

UEFA Champions League Final should be one of the finest spectacles in world sport, and instead it devolved into one of the worst security collapses in recent memory. On behalf of all the fans who experienced this nightmare I demand an apology from you, and assurance that the French Authorities and UEFA allow an independent and transparent investigation to proceed.

Regards,

Tom Werner

Chairman

Superb letter that. Well done Tom Werner!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #64: Jun 01, 2022 11:14:27 pm
      Superb letter that. Well done Tom Werner!

Garbage. He's intimately and forensically familar with effective corporate lobbying. Of course he's right here,but how right was he when we campaigned about limiting away ticketing prices? How right is he when supporting union suppression and all the rest? He isn't campaigning on behalf of us, he's demanding and fulfilling his rights as a billionaire 'statesman' who buys congress for every election cycle. F**k off with that sh*te.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #65: Jun 02, 2022 12:08:25 am
      The way people have been reporting about the incidents at the ground and in the surrounding area I keep see scenes from the film District 13
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Jun 02, 2022 12:24:35 am

Pathetic trying to piggyback your right wing Trumpian bullshit onto this. It's obvious who is to blame for the disgraceful treatment of our fans in Paris, and it's not immigrants or the "MSM" - it's UEFA and the French police.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #67: Jun 02, 2022 02:12:24 am
      Garbage. He's intimately and forensically familar with effective corporate lobbying. Of course he's right here,but how right was he when we campaigned about limiting away ticketing prices? How right is he when supporting union suppression and all the rest? He isn't campaigning on behalf of us, he's demanding and fulfilling his rights as a billionaire 'statesman' who buys congress for every election cycle. F**k off with that sh*te.

Have a day off will you?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #68: Jun 02, 2022 02:30:21 am
      That Paul Watson can f**k right off. He's a f**king gobs***e just after viewers. One repulsive piece of sh*t and only doing it to have a dig at the French.

Paul is sound. Covers tentative subjects. My opinion, your opinion. Different views and perspectives are good for healthy debate. No arguing that migrants were robbing people in Saint Denis. Choose to ignore that if you like.

As for the majority of MSM going in to bat for us, haven't seen many main stream bat for us in a long time.

Having a dig at the French? Those were not French people robbing the supporters, i can assure you of that. More third world migrants robbing decent hard working people.

Quick Reply