Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final

Read 27484 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      May 30, 2022 09:49:31 pm
      After the incompetence of UEFA, the French police and the stadium security conscripts - lets hope this is a truly independent analysis.

Uefa has commissioned an independent report into the scenes outside the ground that delayed Saturday's Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Kick-off at the Stade de France in Paris was delayed by over half an hour with Liverpool ticket-holders seen waiting in huge queues, and French police later using tear gas on crowds.

On Monday, French authorities complained of what they called "industrial-scale" ticket fraud amid a row over the game's policing.

Uefa said a "comprehensive review" would examine a number of factors.

These include the decision-making, responsibility and behaviour of all parties involved in the final, it added.

Uefa said in a statement: "Evidence will be gathered from all relevant parties and the findings of the independent report will be made public once completed. Upon receipt of the findings, Uefa will evaluate the next steps."

The report will be independently compiled and Dr Tiago Brandao Rodrigues from Portugal will lead the production of the review.

A reminder to fans that Liverpool FC want as many people in attendance to submit their reports of what happened at the Stade de Farce.

You can do that here

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-asks-fans-share-champions-league-final-experiences
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      Reply #1: May 30, 2022 09:54:46 pm
      Hilarious when the French authorities have already decided what happened.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: May 30, 2022 09:55:20 pm
      Let's see how 'independent' this is.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: May 30, 2022 10:05:57 pm
      Let's see how 'independent' this is.

my thoughts . Independent my arse.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: May 30, 2022 10:07:46 pm
      they cant even get their numbers right .A simple question is if so many tickets were fake people would have been sitting on top of other people who had genuine tickets and why did they not bother to even check some tickets. This could have been a disaster
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5: May 30, 2022 10:12:55 pm
      No one had heard of Gerald Darmainn outside of France before this match. Now we all know he's a deceitful, lying c**t covering up for his fascist police force.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6: May 30, 2022 10:14:25 pm
      As much as the French are trying to deflect and sweep this away , the fact that journalists covering it got sprayed for no reason players families got sprayed for no reason , has meant the corrupt organisation known as uefa has to be seen to be doing something , let’s just see how independent and transparent this enquiry is .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2022 10:21:24 pm
      SPanish lad was saying after the game Real and Liverpool supporters had to gather together to fight off the gangs of muggers where were the Police.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: May 30, 2022 10:29:58 pm
      Apparently Dr Phil scraton is getting on the case. Expect him to RIP the French authorities account to shreds
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #9: May 30, 2022 10:31:35 pm
      Apparently Dr Phil scraton is getting on the case. Expect him to RIP the French authorities account to shreds

A wonderful man. The Scouse spirit to display truth to the world and shine a bright torch in the face of abuse and corruption is unmatched. If only other communities had their spirit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2022 10:34:38 pm
      This is a little aside, and I don't want to take the thread off into a different direction, but just wanted to say well done to the likes of Steve Rotherham and Lord Michael Howard (and his wife) for building up enough European match credits to get a ticket for the final....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: May 30, 2022 10:37:35 pm
      Also the French press highlighting the Paris police and how they seek to 'escalate not de-escalate' whenever there is tension.

They shouldn't have been bottlenecking fans under a motorway and there should have been police outside the stadium dealing with the French scumbags.

Away from the tourist square couple of miles or so, Paris is a shithole just like our own capital city.  And likely their capital police force have as many issues as the Met - just that they dress more like Robocop.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #12: May 30, 2022 10:59:36 pm
      Quote from JD
      After the incompetence of UEFA, the French police and the stadium security conscripts - lets hope this is a truly independent analysis.

A reminder to fans that Liverpool FC want as many people in attendance to submit their reports of what happened at the Stade de Farce.

You can do that here

They shouldn't bother tbh. The outcome has already been announced. We're responsible. They've decided what the outcome is, they will just disregard the facts and invent the reasons to explain in more detail. Maybe it's about time we added their precious anthem played before every single game in the competition to our list of booed anthems, until they listen to us rather than the fairytales the authorities tell them.

Any other set of fans subjected to that level of intimidation and assault, and there's a full scale riot, with casualties. Not everyone in Europe, has the same level of courage and restraint that we have.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: May 30, 2022 11:09:05 pm
      Any other set of fans subjected to that level of intimidation and assault, and there's a full scale riot, with casualties.

I was thinking about this.  I think if it hadn't have been Liverpool fans, but perhaps another group of English supporters, then its possible the death count wouldn't be zero.  I would imagine many fans there would have been 'self-policing' just because of the acute memory of what happened 33 years ago.

It's an astonishing situation where people are climbing fences AWAY from a stadium to get away from the police. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: May 31, 2022 12:28:41 am
      French police laughed and threw tear gas while forcing 20,000 Liverpool fans through a 70cm gap.

https://twitter.com/capliverpool/status/1531338345720291328
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #15: May 31, 2022 01:51:46 am
      I was worried when it got moved to Paris, not that I've ever been there, seen as the most romantic place ever in romcoms etc but it's known as a big massive shithole with muggers, criminal gangs of immigrants etc. I'd never want to go there once. So I hope no football supporter comes away whether they are Real fans or Liverpool fans being traumatized by the sewer that is now 'Paris'.
       Also future romantic tourists should beware, it's a cesspit as far as I've ever heard, I'd like to go to France but there is no way I'd go near Paris ever.
       Turns out the police are part of the problem too, if not a huge reason, typical. Makes me want to throw up.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #16: May 31, 2022 03:24:24 am
      SPanish lad was saying after the game Real and Liverpool supporters had to gather together to fight off the gangs of muggers where were the Police.

Yes, I heard that - that's so fu**ed up.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #17: May 31, 2022 03:33:27 am
      I was worried when it got moved to Paris, not that I've ever been there, seen as the most romantic place ever in romcoms etc but it's known as a big massive shithole with muggers, criminal gangs of immigrants etc. I'd never want to go there once. So I hope no football supporter comes away whether they are Real fans or Liverpool fans being traumatized by the sewer that is now 'Paris'.
       Also future romantic tourists should beware, it's a cesspit as far as I've ever heard, I'd like to go to France but there is no way I'd go near Paris ever.
       Turns out the police are part of the problem too, if not a huge reason, typical. Makes me want to throw up.

Hate to say but it shows letting all those people in with no prospects was very, very silly.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #18: May 31, 2022 08:33:21 am
      I was thinking about this.  I think if it hadn't have been Liverpool fans, but perhaps another group of English supporters, then its possible the death count wouldn't be zero.  I would imagine many fans there would have been 'self-policing' just because of the acute memory of what happened 33 years ago.

It's an astonishing situation where people are climbing fences AWAY from a stadium to get away from the police. 

Been thinking that for a while. This could have been a total tragedy with a set of fans who were willing to fight back in any great numbers.

I've no doubt there were some fake tickets being circulated on the web and some trying their luck in amongst the crowds. Uefa take enough money on this tournament and should consider spending a bit of it on the security.

From Uefas words which must be taken with great scepticism 2600 got in. There's videos circulating of French thugs getting in in their many and even proof of security guards being complicit in getting them in. 

It would be exceptionally strange if there wasn't fakes going about for this type of event. There has to be safeguarding measures well away from the ground (not just 2 stewards with a pen) to make sure people have tickets and that they are the real thing well before you start hitting confined areas close to the ground.

The overwhelming majority in these videos show fans patient beyond belief and show remarkable restraint in the face of what they are being subjected too from the authorities and the criminal gangs. With the added backdrop of being stuck in there for 3-4 hours, with no communication and the prospect of missing a once in a life time match at the cost of many thousands this could easily have gone far worse.

Quite what they thought they were achieving by funnelling fans through small gaps between 2 concrete walls then making it even narrower with police vans christ only knows.

A f**k up on a grand scale, an embarrassment to Paris and their police force an embarrassment to UEFA yet again 1 week after they hosted a Europa League final without running water and 6 months on from what happened at Wembley.

If they continue to f**k these events up the consequences for them will be losing the rights to host such games on behalf of these elite clubs.

The momentum behind a Euro Super League under a different umbrella could well happen with sporting merit added to the original proposals if they continue to treat fans with such utter contempt.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2022 08:44:02 am by __Tickle__ »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #19: May 31, 2022 09:24:57 am
      Incompetent set up, seemingly blame anyone else accept themselves. Thus only giving more fuel to setup a breakaway Euro Super League sooner than later.

Shocking tactics by French police to use tear gas on fans, that could only exasperate the situation.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #20: May 31, 2022 09:51:32 am
      Incompetent set up, seemingly blame anyone else accept themselves. Thus only giving more fuel to setup a breakaway Euro Super League sooner than later.

Shocking tactics by French police to use tear gas on fans, that could only exasperate the situation.

Incompetent, blame everyone else and liars to boot. I think Boris Johnson would fit right in!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #21: May 31, 2022 10:05:48 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: May 31, 2022 10:24:10 am
      In a way I am glad its our club for the sake of football because we know what is coming we know how the blame game works and we are ready for it and so are the people who were there and had to deal with it they will prove to be incredible witnesses.
      The outcome however will be no change in ticket policy and no change in French policing English football fans.

Quick Reply