Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final

Read 27469 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      Reply #23: May 31, 2022 10:32:25 am
      SPanish lad was saying after the game Real and Liverpool supporters had to gather together to fight off the gangs of muggers where were the Police.

The police were watching it happen.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #24: May 31, 2022 10:37:15 am
      Jake Humphrey who clumsily dealt with the topic on BT reading out Uefas statement unchallenged and prattling on about lightweight bollocks tweeted the other day about how well looked after his mum and dad were by our fans outside the stadium who looked after them (both in their 70s) which is absolutely lovely to hear but why the f**k is the BT anchors parents given 2 tickets to the game?

It really is time to look at where these affiliate tickets are going too.

More tickets in proper fans pockets can only help as well.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: May 31, 2022 11:09:26 am
      The French have already insulted all Liverpool fans calling us " hooligan from over the water"

French Minister for Sport Oudea-Castera's and Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin have made all kinds of unfounded accusations.."Industrial scale ticket fraud".."Hooligans".."letting supporters out into the wild"..as if our fans are animals..

Basically throwing any accusation they can think of to deflect the blame. Any "independent" investigation will find the obvious truth. And that is the French Police were told to stamp down on the slightest sign of trouble and target LFC fans .And that they and the Stade De France organisers were 100% to blame.

But do UEFA really know what the word "Independent"  means..I have my doubts.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2022 11:14:33 am by Harrisimo »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: May 31, 2022 11:41:03 am
      Just my conspiracy head thinking, I wonder if the authorities wanted a fight, set plans in motion for a fight, but the football ball fans only came to watch a game of football.
      Why would you cause a bottle neck? Why would your ticket scanners not recognise official tickets?

BTW I don't think it's 'France', per say, it's Paris, sh*t hole in my one experience, I guess the Parisian police are just like the London Met.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: May 31, 2022 11:43:21 am
      SPanish lad was saying after the game Real and Liverpool supporters had to gather together to fight off the gangs of muggers where were the Police.

To me it looks like France is totally distracting from its own problems with this. Sounds like they have a lot of internal troubles, gangs etc.

Im planning on taking my daughter to paris in the summer for a weekend, this is really putting me off, and she is talking about going to uni for at least a year in france.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: May 31, 2022 12:26:41 pm
      Just my conspiracy head thinking, I wonder if the authorities wanted a fight, set plans in motion for a fight, but the football ball fans only came to watch a game of football.
      Why would you cause a bottle neck? Why would your ticket scanners not recognise official tickets?

BTW I don't think it's 'France', per say, it's Paris, sh*t hole in my one experience, I guess the Parisian police are just like the London Met.

Think it's a bit of Brexit backlash. Possibly, the French deep down hate the brits. I think it's the French mentality. Had a whiff of petty bullying about it. Gutless French Police target innocent fans. Stinks to high heaven.

Wonder if Speaker Hoyle will condemn French ministers basically for likening our fans to animals. Condemns us for not showing loyalty to the Crown, will he now condemn the French...I think we already know the answer..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #29: May 31, 2022 01:30:23 pm
      To me it looks like France is totally distracting from its own problems with this. Sounds like they have a lot of internal troubles, gangs etc.

Im planning on taking my daughter to paris in the summer for a weekend, this is really putting me off, and she is talking about going to uni for at least a year in france.

Wouldn't take my pet dog to Paris mate, the indications are it is totally lawless, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for insurance there are more attractive ďestinations.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #30: May 31, 2022 02:06:40 pm
      Scary to think they’re hosting an Olympics and a Rugby World Cup soon.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: May 31, 2022 02:17:34 pm
      Wouldn't take my pet dog to Paris mate, the indications are it is totally lawless, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for insurance there are more attractive ďestinations.

Been a few times and it's a magical City to be fair. Never had any issues. Generally get warnings about thugs snatching bags off women etc. Think this debacle will rebound on them. The s**t the Sports minister has come out with likening our fans to animals has poured petrol on the fire.

I can take defeat on the chin but the treatment metered out to our fans goes way above any result.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: May 31, 2022 02:41:20 pm
      Been a few times and it's a magical City to be fair. Never had any issues. Generally get warnings about thugs snatching bags off women etc. Think this debacle will rebound on them. The s**t the Sports minister has come out with likening our fans to animals has poured petrol on the fire.

I can take defeat on the chin but the treatment metered out to our fans goes way above any result.

Same here. Absolutely love the city and this was my third trip over. Never an issue and if anything the people are brilliant, welcoming and more than happy to help whenever you need direction/assistance. Was the same over the couple days we were there.

Just those filthy rats in uniform. Infuriating.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: May 31, 2022 02:47:29 pm

Shall see what the daughter wants to do, getting mixed reviews now. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #34: May 31, 2022 05:07:06 pm
      Shall see what the daughter wants to do, getting mixed reviews now. ;D

It really is scary tho mate with all the cut-throats and theives apparently having a free run of the place aided and abbeted  by the police.q
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #35: May 31, 2022 05:30:11 pm

My wife and son visited as part of a class trip a few years back. She told me I should see Paris at least once but she was glad when they left and headed back out into the countryside. I have only ever been inside of France once, on a layover on the way to Kiev in 2008. So my experience was purely limited to the airport and even then I found the authorities to be very cold, bordering on rude.

Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #36: May 31, 2022 06:00:23 pm

Yeah been to Paris a few times in the 90’s the last trip was in 1997 to see Phil Collins & in fairness had  no issues personally but I did find a lot of them to be quite rude & ignorant.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #37: May 31, 2022 06:39:57 pm
      From what I gather Paris itself is lovely but the places on the outskirts - for example Saint Denis where the stadium actually lies is full of these french/northern African thugs.

And yes the police have a terrible reputation as we found to our cost probably too late.

I think the French took us on reputation and an uno
      fair one at that and thought they could vilify us with the hooligan English fan brush. I believe soon they will find themselves wishing they had picked on someone else when our true reputation for seeking truth and justice begins to beam light on to their total failings and lies.

I'm sure Misseur Darmiann has a good pension, but by the time this is done, he will need it.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2022 06:45:57 pm by __Tickle__ »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: May 31, 2022 06:48:13 pm
      To be fair I dont think the French like the Parisians .
      One Expert or One idiot from Leicester University said part of the problem is people going without tickets. Well as Jürgen said Paris is a big city and the Fan Park is there to cover this very issue hence the fan park and the big screens. Needless to say it was on the BBC sadly on Merseyside.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: May 31, 2022 07:39:35 pm
      To be fair I dont think the French like the Parisians .
      One Expert or One idiot from Leicester University said part of the problem is people going without tickets. Well as Jürgen said Paris is a big city and the Fan Park is there to cover this very issue hence the fan park and the big screens. Needless to say it was on the BBC sadly on Merseyside.

People without tickets you say...

https://twitter.com/thecasualultra/status/1531550707232415744?t=iydzUqRgGoDe0U9tbnp4Nw&s=19
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #40: May 31, 2022 08:00:16 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: May 31, 2022 08:12:49 pm
      when did being a working class man or woman become an easy target for everyone. We saw the distain the French Police and UEFA had for paying Customers on Saturday now tens of thousands of people are being treated terribly by the airlines. Can we start standing up for ourselves FFS we are seeing our liberties and freedoms eroded and generally we are being sh*t on from a great height by all and sundry.
      Sadly we are divided now what we should all be doing is boycotting football until we are respected and stop going on holiday there is such a lack of respect for the public now its quite worrying when you can be assaulted by an officer of the law for just being in your own space or have your holiday cancelled on a whim.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: May 31, 2022 08:14:48 pm
      over 5000 feedback forms returned so far keep it up we need another 15,000. Lets drown the French fuckers in EVIDENCE.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #43: May 31, 2022 08:43:18 pm
      Seems the tides already turning, some really good words about out supporters at the fanzone Saturday afternoon, makes a brilliant comment about the fans mood etc and why we're not to blame.

https://twitter.com/RichardBouigue/status/1531652229970677761
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #44: May 31, 2022 08:48:33 pm
      As peeps get back, I am hearing more horror stories from people who where actually there, the common denominator, or general consensis is the French Police helped the muggers, and gangs.  WTF,  The FRENCH are Total,............ well we all know what theses people are, shithouses, they attack in gangs, but when people stand up, ie more than one, they shitout.  So Angry, and the Frogs have shown what they really are, even the authorities who are supposed to protect peeps
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #45: May 31, 2022 08:53:43 pm
      Seems the tides already turning, some really good words about out supporters at the fanzone Saturday afternoon, makes a brilliant comment about the fans mood etc and why we're not to blame.

https://twitter.com/RichardBouigue/status/1531652229970677761

Why were people pepper sprayed for waitng in a queue,not causing any probs to the police at all

Quick Reply