Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final

Read 28989 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      Reply #138: Jun 06, 2022 04:34:24 pm
      Debate in the House of Commons now. Liverpool fans generally being applauded for their good behaviour. Some MP's quoting instances of LFC fans being robbed and assaulted. Vast majority of speakers coming from the Labour benches. Tories probably plotting to get rid of Billy Liar.

Hoyle closed the debate saying the House will get a statement when Uefa complete their "investigation".

the very same fans he slagged off . We dont need Parliament to prove our truth fortunately it there for all to see.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #139: Jun 07, 2022 11:03:17 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #140: Jun 08, 2022 02:04:29 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #141: Jun 08, 2022 09:31:47 pm
      Sums up how UEFA view us (and arguably English clubs as a whole) that they only issued their pissy apology once Real Madrid actually raised their complaints. Madrid are the most establishment club in the world, if they hadn’t made their noise I’ve absolutely no doubt that UEFA would have stuck to their story.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #142: Jun 09, 2022 02:06:23 pm
      The Police have apologised for tear gassing and pepper spraying fans but then goes on to say he had no choice because of the trouble makers so not an apology at all.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #143: Jun 09, 2022 04:40:51 pm
      The Police have apologised for tear gassing and pepper spraying fans but then goes on to say he had no choice because of the trouble makers so not an apology at all.

Also makes reference to the thousands of fake tickets. Yet another one hiding behind an unsubstantiated claim.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #144: Jun 09, 2022 05:28:01 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #145: Jun 09, 2022 06:27:42 pm

I dont think the bookies were giving odds on the footage being available. This is a sham a waste of time lest not bother spending energy on more lies and fake evidence we know how this ends
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #146: Jun 09, 2022 08:10:06 pm
      https://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2022/06/09/incidents-au-stade-de-france-au-tour-du-prefet-de-police-et-de-la-federation-de-football-de-s-expliquer-devant-le-senat_6129467_823448.html

Thought this was a absolute disgrace Walt. Liverpool asked for a enquiry well before the so called 9 days or what ever it was before they delete the videos of the truth. Rest assured if Liverpool fans were guilty the video would of still been there year later never mind 9 days.. It really does stink doesn't it.  :f_steam:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #147: Jun 09, 2022 08:16:28 pm
      https://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2022/06/09/incidents-au-stade-de-france-au-tour-du-prefet-de-police-et-de-la-federation-de-football-de-s-expliquer-devant-le-senat_6129467_823448.html

Thought this was a absolute disgrace Walt. Liverpool asked for a enquiry well before the so called 9 days or what ever it was before they delete the videos of the truth. Rest assured if Liverpool fans were guilty the video would of still been there year later never mind 9 days.. It really does stink doesn't it.  :f_steam:

the French are complete arseholes and Parisians on another level their arrogance is known throughout the World and now they just look stupid.
      We could have written their script for them nobody is surprised though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #148: Jun 09, 2022 08:22:03 pm
      the French are complete arseholes and Parisians on another level their arrogance is known throughout the World and now they just look stupid.

I’ve been saying it for years about the French mate. The arrogance of them shows no bounds. Just look at some of the footballers that come from/live around there.  :tosser:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #149: Jun 09, 2022 09:25:58 pm

What's the difference between saying ' the French' are arrogant and arseholes and Liverpool fans are dippers and victims?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #150: Jun 09, 2022 09:28:48 pm
      I’ve been saying it for years about the French mate. The arrogance of them shows no bounds. Just look at some of the footballers that come from/live around there.  :tosser:

Another post based on ignorant prejudice.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #151: Jun 09, 2022 09:42:35 pm
      Where have you heard or me post that your dippers and victims. ?  What I can say is I’ve worked with the French and find them arrogant from my experience.

Not you specifically lad, I was obviously talking about general prejudice and the damage it does.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #152: Jun 09, 2022 09:42:55 pm
      What's the difference between saying ' the French' are arrogant and arseholes and Liverpool fans are dippers and victims?

Another post based on ignorant prejudice.

Where have you heard or me post that your dippers and victims. ?  What I can say is I’ve worked with the French and find them arrogant from my experience.

So where’s my ignorant prejudice?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #153: Jun 09, 2022 09:46:32 pm
      I've already answered you.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #154: Jun 09, 2022 09:54:27 pm
      I mean the arrogance of French people? Which French people? Is this an exclusive trait that stops at the borders? Is it genetic? Is it cultural? What causes this particular psychological disease that includes everyone within the borders of France? From your experience of working with French people you know not only the entire culture but every French person? What's the difference between this and the stereotype I grew up with, which was black people are lazy?!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #155: Jun 09, 2022 10:11:59 pm
      Not you specifically lad, I was obviously talking about general prejudice and the damage it does.

Sorry misunderstood your post mate.  :couch:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #156: Jun 09, 2022 10:35:24 pm

if you need to ask that question WTF are you doing on a Liverpool Football Club forum.
      Now we have the higher thinkers turning up after meds time its time to log off
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #157: Jun 09, 2022 11:04:05 pm
      if you need to ask that question WTF are you doing on a Liverpool Football Club forum.
      Now we have the higher thinkers turning up after meds time its time to log off

Delete this post?. Let him do it out of kindness - please.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #158: Jun 10, 2022 08:35:01 am
      I mean the arrogance of French people? Which French people? Is this an exclusive trait that stops at the borders? Is it genetic? Is it cultural? What causes this particular psychological disease that includes everyone within the borders of France? From your experience of working with French people you know not only the entire culture but every French person? What's the difference between this and the stereotype I grew up with, which was black people are lazy?!

Well said and congratulations for speaking out.

Here is the difference, in my opinion.
      Derogatory stereotypes about black people is racism and is generally socially unacceptable in the age of BLM and taking the knee.
      Derogatory stereotypes about the French is xenophobia and generally socially acceptable in the age of Brexit, Boris, the Mail and the S**.

A question for moderators-
      If posting racism gets a warning, why not xenophobia?

Liverpool fans individually and collectively have trauma due to our history, we are going to be hypervigilant around crowd safety and prone to get angry. However, this does not justify xenophobia. Incompetence and a desire to avoid blame is common among individuals and organisations.

We need to focus on getting the truth, a no blame culture if necessary and reducing the risk of future similar incidents.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #159: Jun 10, 2022 09:38:43 am
      here we go it was only a matter of time I guess before the whimps and the offended started complaining about their feelings. Its a football forum plenty of other forums like Mums net for letting people know how you feel.
      Now new posters want to tell Mods they are doing it wrong as well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #160: Jun 10, 2022 10:38:30 am
      Well said and congratulations for speaking out.

Here is the difference, in my opinion.
      Derogatory stereotypes about black people is racism and is generally socially unacceptable in the age of BLM and taking the knee.
      Derogatory stereotypes about the French is xenophobia and generally socially acceptable in the age of Brexit, Boris, the Mail and the S**.

A question for moderators-
      If posting racism gets a warning, why not xenophobia?

Liverpool fans individually and collectively have trauma due to our history, we are going to be hypervigilant around crowd safety and prone to get angry. However, this does not justify xenophobia. Incompetence and a desire to avoid blame is common among individuals and organisations.

We need to focus on getting the truth, a no blame culture if necessary and reducing the risk of future similar incidents.

You can F**k right off with your politically correct bullshit mate, most ppl know the difference between being racist or xenophobic, we’re not f***in idiots, the unfortunate thing here is, you will never have perfection, you will never have ppl all thinking, acting, playing , saying, speaking, shagging, wanking, walking, talking the same, and do you know why, because we are all f***in different, there has been and there always will be arseholes of every creed, every colour in every walk of life and no matter how many laws are put in place,

Even right f***in now debating this, we are different, your opinion being different from mine, I’m sick to the back teeth of Government department's thinking up things to F**k us over with, like it’s not a manhole any more, it’s player of the match rather than man of the match, firemen(and women) can’t slide down a pole in case the get injured, ffs, but they can run into a f***in inferno to save someone,

Years ago there was nothing more racist than the race relations board, I know I’m showing my age but most will get what I mean, well here’s news for you, nothing has changed except ppl are more tolerant and more aware of their actions and that’s fine, no one should be subject to abuse, but I will not accept utter stupidity from the PC brigade because they think it may offend someone,

Like…you can’t say f***in Christmas anymore, it’s winter festival, Oh F**k off , well I’m offended by not having the right to call it Christmas, after all we live in a Christian country, and where is their proof that it does offend ?

So again shove your politically correct sh*te right up yer hole, and that’s Man hole by the f***in way !!!

Quick Reply